Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

It has been WAY TOO LONG since I've checked in here!  I am almost finished with my free for all package. I had hoped to get it all finished before we went out of town on Wednesday afternoon but it didn't happen.  SOOOOO..... I brought it with me!  I love this hobby/passion so much!

I don't have the time right now to catch up on everyone's posts.  I hope everyone is having good weather, healthy bodies, and much love and laughter.  I am getting to spend 4 short days in Arkansas with my parents, brothers, in-laws, and extended family. It's a small piece of heaven, I think. I haven't gotten to see them since Thanksgiving so the fellowship has been so sweet.  I can't tell you how much I LOVED the hugs I got from my parents when we got here.  WONDERFUL!

Gotta run now.  Mom is taking me shopping.  Yay!!!  Happy hooking!

Christel

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I feel better knowing that I am not alone in my way of thinking. Thanks everyone! :hug

*Another rant... be advised!* LOL

I :heart my MIL to pieces but seriously, she has got to learn to quit! She knows I will speak out when I have had enough, it happened about 5 months ago and more recently a month ago. First, it was over a birthday party that my husband and I couldn't stay at, but took the boys to, she was there, and made some crappy remark about not seeing Bentley enough (my stepson), no mention of *MY* 2 boys, when we were leaving and I finally blew my gasket and told her she knows where he lives, at least every 2 weeks when we get our visitation. I think the worst part is when it comes to my stepson. Last month it was about a game I bought my boy for a reward for doing so well on his report card. She doesn't understand that I had already gotten my stepson this game, not that he plays it! and I go mention something about getting 2 new members and its stupid comments like "Just 2?" and "To each their own" that are driving me absolutely bonkers. Yes, for once I did something for one of my sons and not all 3 of them at once. She doesn't ask my permission when buying go carts or the like, so what the heck?! I can take a lot of things, but making dumb comments to irritate me over trivial things that she really doesn't have all of the information on is starting to irk me. And so she says yesterday, after the earring situation that she hopes "My Bentley" doesn't want his done.... well seriously, what if he did? Right now we can't do that for him, given that he doesn't live with us and his mother controls that, but I know his dad is in agreement with the idea. I think it's a control thing for my MIL... she has lost her big influence on all of our decisions in the past year or so and she isn't taking it well! 

It is a bit cold here too and only supposed to make it into the 60s today. 

So, I am going gluten free. I have basically discovered on my own, that I am allergic to wheat! A few years ago, I worked in a small deli for the summer and for one of the weeks there, I was swollen, head to toe to the point I could barely walk. I went to the doc, he told me to cut back on salt & drink more water, etc... and put me on water pills. They didn't WORK! I stayed severely swollen for days after the prescription ran out, drinking only water. I thought then it was just not being used to working on my feet all day... I just realized last night, after my 2nd day of being gluten free that the swelling & wheat were related. Working at the deli, handing the breads was my first sign...My husband researched it a bit more and yep, sure enough, my symptoms are spot on with a gluten intolerance! Today is the 2nd day in my journey and the 2nd day I've woke up without feeling bloated & puffy, aching all over and just plain feeling like crud. YAY! 

A potato? Why a potato? I've heard of an ice cube, which I assumed was to numb the site somewhat before hand. 

The potato is used to place behind the ear do the needle when forced through the fleash will stab into the potato instead of into you.

Well, we only had a thunderstorm it looks like, didn't look like it rained any last night. 

I've never had the sugar free Werther's.  gonna have to go look for some since I love to have hard candy around, helps keep my mouth from drying out and when I am a llittle "hungry".  I also never heard of the cinnamon ones, I love cinnamon candy, though, so I be they are good!  Guess tonight when I leave work, gonna have to go look for some of those!!!!

Got another square done for Katy!!!!  Yeah!  If I can get a couple more done, might just send my package out this Saturday along with the one for my secret square partner.  Of course, Katy, you can't open this one either until June!!! LOL.  I may send a second package later in June as well, once I start seeing what you have coming in.

It's nice and hot here today, was 72 at 8 am.  Supposed to get to 93, and, of course, humid!  Welcome to Louisiana!!!!

Have a great day all, stay warm, stay cool, stay dry!!!!

oooh is it June yet??????

A potato? Why a potato? I've heard of an ice cube, which I assumed was to numb the site somewhat before hand. My only piercings were done professionally, and I'll probably never get another one done! I am not a big fan of pain. I remember the woman doing the piercing said something to the effect of "Oh, it doesn't hurt much, it's like a bee sting!" and thinking to myself the grade-school equivalent of "Whoa, back this truck up here people, bee stings f-ing hurt!!" but then it was done and I was in pain and light-headed, but at least it was done. I did really want it, though like I said, I doubt I'll ever do it again! :D

I hadn't thought much about if our son would ever decide he wanted it. He'd probably get more pushback from his dad than anyone else! Well, some of our parents might object too, but they don't get a say in it, when you get right down to it. He'd just have to be old enough to make up his own mind AND, like Tiff said, he'll have to wait long enough to make sure he really wants it.

Don't have a lot of advice for the MIL except maybe to speak up before you lose it, so you can be sure you speak calmly! I'm finally learning to stop not saying anything, but I still haven't worked out how to speak out without exploding. I've sort of gone from passive-agressive to just plain aggressive.  :embar It was what they wanted, it's not hurting anybody and she should respect their decision. Because really, you decided to let them do it, but ultimately it was their decision to have it done! D'awwww. Just thinking about two happy little boys makes me smile. The more I think about it, the more I think your logic is totally right. If you're willing to trust them with things like this now, that's definitely going to have a payoff in the future! Something for me to keep in mind as our little guy gets older.

OMG you guys, I am wanting to work on stuff soooo bad today! Woke up with the itch. BUT none of what's currently on my hooks is portable enough to stick in my purse to take to work!  The afghan is WAY too big at this point, my current square has four colors hanging off of it, the Swiffer cover skein is too big to fit in my purse easily, and the other current square would be the right size - except the color I need next is one of the ones hanging off the other square! :lol

Myolder sister insisted on doing my little sisters ears, at home, with an ice cube. I declined. I waited till My daughter thought she might want hers done, and we went togheter, both times. (two holes each) so, worked out, but my little sister, still suffers with her holes, and she thinks my older sister botched it up somehow......Goes to show you, huh!

It has been WAY TOO LONG since I've checked in here!  I am almost finished with my free for all package. I had hoped to get it all finished before we went out of town on Wednesday afternoon but it didn't happen.  SOOOOO..... I brought it with me!  I love this hobby/passion so much!

I don't have the time right now to catch up on everyone's posts.  I hope everyone is having good weather, healthy bodies, and much love and laughter.  I am getting to spend 4 short days in Arkansas with my parents, brothers, in-laws, and extended family. It's a small piece of heaven, I think. I haven't gotten to see them since Thanksgiving so the fellowship has been so sweet.  I can't tell you how much I LOVED the hugs I got from my parents when we got here.  WONDERFUL!

Gotta run now.  Mom is taking me shopping.  Yay!!!  Happy hooking!

Christel

Hi Christel!! Good to see your post again, enjoy the time you're spending with family!!

Well, I feel better knowing that I am not alone in my way of thinking. Thanks everyone! :hug

I :heart my MIL to pieces but seriously, she has got to learn to quit! She knows I will speak out when I have had enough, it happened about 5 months ago and more recently a month ago. First, it was over a birthday party that my husband and I couldn't stay at, but took the boys to, she was there, and made some crappy remark about not seeing Bentley enough (my stepson), no mention of *MY* 2 boys, when we were leaving and I finally blew my gasket and told her she knows where he lives, at least every 2 weeks when we get our visitation. I think the worst part is when it comes to my stepson. Last month it was about a game I bought my boy for a reward for doing so well on his report card. She doesn't understand that I had already gotten my stepson this game, not that he plays it! and I go mention something about getting 2 new members and its stupid comments like "Just 2?" and "To each their own" that are driving me absolutely bonkers. Yes, for once I did something for one of my sons and not all 3 of them at once. She doesn't ask my permission when buying go carts or the like, so what the heck?! I can take a lot of things, but making dumb comments to irritate me over trivial things that she really doesn't have all of the information on is starting to irk me. And so she says yesterday, after the earring situation that she hopes "My Bentley" doesn't want his done.... well seriously, what if he did? Right now we can't do that for him, given that he doesn't live with us and his mother controls that, but I know his dad is in agreement with the idea. I think it's a control thing for my MIL... she has lost her big influence on all of our decisions in the past year or so and she isn't taking it well! 

So, I am going gluten free. I have basically discovered on my own, that I am allergic to wheat! A few years ago, I worked in a small deli for the summer and for one of the weeks there, I was swollen, head to toe to the point I could barely walk. I went to the doc, he told me to cut back on salt & drink more water, etc... and put me on water pills. They didn't WORK! I stayed severely swollen for days after the prescription ran out, drinking only water. I thought then it was just not being used to working on my feet all day... I just realized last night, after my 2nd day of being gluten free that the swelling & wheat were related. Working at the deli, handing the breads was my first sign...My husband researched it a bit more and yep, sure enough, my symptoms are spot on with a gluten intolerance! Today is the 2nd day in my journey and the 2nd day I've woke up without feeling bloated & puffy, aching all over and just plain feeling like crud. YAY! 

At some point, inlaws need to realize they have no control over thier grandkids, natural, or step, it's really none of their business, it is the parents busniess, so don't fret, she will just have to accept the fact, she does not rule YOUR family, and learn to live with it.

Cloudy here, but actuallly a pretty nice day. I did find a couple toppers I would like in the kitchen, they are navy and greyish blue plaid and  and I put the valances up, but might neeed one more to make the big window fuller, but fine as it is for now. I can't find that particular brands of valances anywhere, but will, one of these days Im sure....They are from a co. called Winder Topper, and I found them at a garage sale, brand new in the package. The style is Stockton, and I have looked online, but will find them somewhere soon, when I least expect it Im sure.... I love the look of them, and was thinking then, to match one of the darker blues in them with a solid, and make the panels out of some fabric of that color, would that look weird?? A plaid topper, with a solid on the bottom, I don't know, have to think about it, lol till then, Im fine with the toppers they way they are. They are the kind you can stuff, balloon valances I think, with tissue paper, or plastic bags, etc. haven't done that yet,, but will soon.,,

I checked on the "JUNE Package" today, yep, it's waiting for me, but I thought for sure i heard something inside the puffy, call out to me, OPEN ME! it said,  let me out!! but not sure........hummmmmm...

Oh my, got a puffy this afternoon, not from my secret square, but for my June Crown-dom!! woo hoo, only trouble is,

it says on it in two places.....

DO NOT OPEN TILL JUNE!!!! now how not fair is that!!!!! I won't say whom it was from yet either then, but darn it ,, seems like that's not fair at all, lolol thank goodness not too much longer to wait, about a week or a week and a day,

ok, a week, a day, and some hours,

a week, a day, some hours, and some minutes,

and some seconds,

THEN

then I can open it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna kill me, feels so fat.........................................THank you in advance BGs      you are the first,,,,,,oh, don't read that brenda, till JUNE!!!!!!!! lol

Sorry, but I wanted to be sure you got off to the right start on the 1st of June.  I have had some packages that took forever to arrive.  Then other things seem to get in the way of my good intentions.  Now if curiousity should get the best of you I really don't mind you opening it.

HMMM...WONDER WHY I AM SO BLOATED AND SORE ALL THE TIME!  NOW MAKES ME RETHINK THE WATER ISSUE.  GONNA HAVE TO CHECK MORE INTO THIS GLUTEN FREE DIET!

Be sure to talk to your doctors, there is a simple blood test that can be ran for Celiac Disease, which is actually an auto-immune disorder that requires a gluten-free diet. I have two friends with Celiac that is managed perfectly by eating GF. It's becoming more and more prevalent.

We're having some stellar weather here today, which made working inside an office not fun at all! I'm home for a little bit and then my sister and I will be heading up to the bingo hall!

Hi fellow squares!!! Off at noon with Kiddles, we just got back from a 1.5 mile walk at the local college and it is gorgeous out! I love it when the sun is out and you need just a light jacket!

I'm working on some squares for myself right now. Using Krystals Charity Daisy Square, I'm using Bernat Mosaic yarn so all the flowers are different and they look 'groovy'. I'm going to make 8, make a tote with 4 on each side, making a gusset with the Mosaic. I'm excited to see it done! The squares go quickly so....

Also Kiddles and i will be visiting my mother tomorrow so you won't hear from me after this till Sunday. Have a great weekend Squares! Can't wait to see the pictures of the new puffies and hey, maybe mine will arrive! If not, something to look forward to! Woot!

Hugs!

kuddles

Brrrrr!  I am freezing in my room!  The A/C is on, but I can't turn it off or my brother's room gets too hot.  I should have just gotten a sweater a long time ago, lol.  

I keep forgetting to do this:  If anyone would like to friend me on FB from this group, you can find me with my e-mail address, which is mvazquezmacias@gmail.com.  I don't play any games or send anyone requests for anything.  I keep in touch with family and friends and share crafty posts and foody posts.  Once in a while, a funny post finds its way in ;)

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone :hug

Maria

I keep forgetting to do this:  If anyone would like to friend me on FB from this group, you can find me with my e-mail address, which is mvazquezmacias@gmail.com.  I don't play any games or send anyone requests for anything.  I keep in touch with family and friends and share crafty posts and foody posts.  Once in a while, a funny post finds its way in ;)

Maria

Ooo... me me me me! :P

Oooh, I need to request too!

I don't have to "go" to work now until Wednesday, though they did send enough work home with me to last me two days!!  Gotta keep myself busy!!!

Hope yall have a great weekend!  I will be hitting the Post Office in the morning tomorrow so my partner will be receiving hers, I would say by Thursday since Monday is a holiday!!!  Anticipation!!!!!!

and Katy, you can't open the envelope that is for June 1st UNTIL June 1st!!!!

Brrrrr!  I am freezing in my room!  The A/C is on, but I can't turn it off or my brother's room gets too hot.  I should have just gotten a sweater a long time ago, lol.  

Maria

I can't find you :( Here's the link to my profile, send me a request! www.facebook.com/tiffer93 Anyone else who would like to add me, feel free! 

but but but.........its so far away still!!!

Oooh, I need to request too!

I don't have to "go" to work now until Wednesday, though they did send enough work home with me to last me two days!!  Gotta keep myself busy!!!

Hope yall have a great weekend!  I will be hitting the Post Office in the morning tomorrow so my partner will be receiving hers, I would say by Thursday since Monday is a holiday!!!  Anticipation!!!!!!

and Katy, you can't open the envelope that is for June 1st UNTIL June 1st!!!!

Ooo... me me me me! :P

Me too, but i can't find you.  I am under Laurie Leal (Laurie Bronk).  Anyone else want to be my friend?  I did NOT win the lottery.

I have to change my privacy settings.  I thought it would be enough to give my e-mail address.  I'll send the requests.  Thanks :)

Edit:  I changed my privacy settings.  Tiffany and Laurie, thanks for the info.  I sent you friend requests.  Anyone else should be able to find me with my e-mail address now :)

I have to change my privacy settings.  I thought it would be enough to give my e-mail address.  I'll send the requests.  Thanks :)

Edit:  I changed my privacy settings.  Tiffany and Laurie, thanks for the info.  I sent you friend requests.  Anyone else should be able to find me with my e-mail address now :)

well dont I feel unimportant.. lol

I went to bed last night with a sore eyelid, woke up this morning with a very swollen and extremely sore eyelid. Yay for styes that for on the INSIDE of your eyelid. I will be spending the weekend in my glasses now. Thankfully, It's not quite swollen shut, so I should still get to crochet and drive around and do all the normal things I was going to do this weekend!

If anyone wants to add me, my name is Lisa anointedforgodsuse nisley or snowflake46614@aol.com.

I am whipping up one more square real quick like this am before I go to the post office.  They don't open for another two hours, so I have plenty of time to do this, and possibly more for Katy!  I already have two for you Katy, I hope you will like them!

And kristy, you ARE important!!!!!!  I snagged some of your liked pages!!  

The sun is shining bright this morning, not sure what temperature is.  Seems like it's going to be a beautiful day!  Everyone take care, have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy!!!

Oh Mandy!  I have never had a stye before but I heard they are painful!  Hope the swelling goes down soon for you.  My eyes swell when the allergies are terrible, which is almost all the time down here.  I had to stop wearing contacts a number of years ago because my left eye weeps all the time during allergy season and I couldn't see.  I had to go buy glasses as I hadn't had any in about 10 years. Now that is all I wear is glasses.  Be safe when you are driving!

Archived