Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

WOW! Such a cute set! I want the Hello Kitty and the Mickey please! LOL

But mostly, I want to know where I can find the pattern for that adorable owl cup cozy!! Spill please!

kuddles

:lol  Doesn't she do fabulous work?  The Hello Kitty she had made before.  The others are custom hooks I requested, and that's what she came up with.  She does have RTS sales once in a while.  It's worth it to keep an eye out.  The moment she posts something in the RTS sale, it's gone in seconds.  That's how in demand she is.  Now, the cozy is something I tested just a few days ago.  It's a set of cozies for a teapot, egg (on the stand, like in England), a cafetiere (or coffee press maybe?), and the mug. It's a ShiFio pattern, and I hope it's available soon.  Since it was a pretty simple item, I posted it in the picture, but I have to hold on to the other pictures and post after the pattern is available :(

Love those. what do her hooks cost?

It all depends on the design.  The prices ranged from $11 (the brown w/pink polka-dots) to $16 for all others except the violin hook, which was $21.

Well morning all.......heavy heart for those Oklahoma people. Been praying hard for them!

I'm in Chicagoland and we are in slight risk for severe storms, but my mother and family is downstate where it is severe! I'm praying for them as well! My mother is in her 80s and still lives alone....so I hope she stays in! She goes goes goes though so....

Thanks AngelRoseLite for the tip on that lady on facebook.....just went and liked her page. I posted that I wanted added to her waiting list....is that all I had to do?

Busy time for me at work. And my boss decided to take the rest of the week off and hinted that he may be moving on! What the what?? Well, I'll deal with it if the time comes.

Hugs to all my Squares!

kuddles

To make sure she added you, go to her page, click on "Notes" right by the "Like" tally, and then click on "Waiting List" that's at the top of the page, left-hand side.  I just did it, and I don't think she's added you yet.  You should send her a PM to make sure she knows you want to be on the list.

Time to get back to work.  Everyone have a great day :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the scoops on the hooks! I'll go PM here right now! Thanks for checking for me, you are a doll!

kuddles

You are very welcome.  I'm added again at almost the very end.  I think I'll keep track just to see how long it takes me to place an order again ;)

Ladies, there's something fun going on in the U.K., and it's the upcoming Yarndale in September!  I personally can't go though our very own Skoggy already has tickets.  I'm sooooo green with envy.  Elphaba has nothing on me right now.  There is a little something I can do to feel like I was there -- well, kind of like I was there.  My yarn would at least make it.  Lucy from Attic24 has put out a request for bunting for Yarndale.  Here's the post on her blog.  I'm sending her triangles.  Anyone else want to send any?  Now, if I could magically come into a huge downfall of money before then, I could go ;)

You are very welcome.  I'm added again at almost the very end.  I think I'll keep track just to see how long it takes me to place an order again ;)

Ladies, there's something fun going on in the U.K., and it's the upcoming Yarndale in September!  I personally can't go though our very own Skoggy already has tickets.  I'm sooooo green with envy.  Elphaba has nothing on me right now.  There is a little something I can do to feel like I was there -- well, kind of like I was there.  My yarn would at least make it.  Lucy from Attic24 has put out a request for bunting for Yarndale.  Here's the post on her blog.  I'm sending her triangles.  Anyone else want to send any?  Now, if I could magically come into a huge downfall of money before then, I could go ;)

And I would go with you! If I win it big, all the Squares will go, my treat!

(don't hold your breaths though.....)

kuddles

:) I would love it if you come AngelRoseLite and you are more than welcome to stay at chez Skoggy. :hug

Aww... thanks so much!  You'll think I'm crazy, but I had a dream recently that I visited you and took a niece and nephew with me!  Trouble was that after transportation costs, I had absolutely no money!  I was stranded and broke in the U.K. with two teens :lol

And I would go with you! If I win it big, all the Squares will go, my treat!

(don't hold your breaths though.....)

kuddles

Now, that would be a trip to remember!  

I found this pattern on ravelry but just can't bring myself to pay 7 bucks for a granny square! Any of you seen any free patterns like it that you can link me to? I LOVE gerbera daisies and love this 3D one but yeesh! The price!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-blanket-gerbera-3d-flower-floral-granny-square

This isn't 3-D like that daisy pattern, but it is a daisy pattern that I've done twice now (you can actually see my two squares in "projects" section of the page) and it's quite fun to do and it turns out to be really pretty. Did I mention that it's a free pattern?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/delightful-daisy-square

This isn't 3-D like that daisy pattern, but it is a daisy pattern that I've done twice now (you can actually see my two squares in "projects" section of the page) and it's quite fun to do and it turns out to be really pretty. Did I mention that it's a free pattern?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/delightful-daisy-square

Oh wow thanks so much! This is close enough! You are a gem!

And Ann, thanks to you, I went and picked up the book at the library!

What a great bunch of squares!

kuddles

A belated welcome to our newest member! Its great to have you!!!

We're still trying to get things unpacked and organized around here. Didn't realize how much stuff we threw into the U-Haul! It looks like a bomb exploded on our back porch...a somewhat organized bomb, but still.

Happily, we're getting the internet back tomorrow! Ill be able to stop killing the battery on my phone! Woohoo!

Hope everyone is well. :hug s

OMGoodness!!! I got a package from Katie!!! I was wondering along with her when her package would be received :lol My mailman left the delivery notice today to pick it up tomorrow. NOT!! I know he leaves my parcels behind. Sure enough, it was at the post office. Let me just say I'm absolutely delighted! I have been spoiled so much that I think it must be a mistake. I will post pics as soon as I'm home. Guess what?! I can finish my niece's afghan! I'm running out of exclamation point allotment :lol

ohhhhhhhhhhh yay... glad you got it, I was waiting and waiting, lol!!

The post office took its sweet time, lol.  I checked my mailbox out front on a whim.  I was about to drive by it.  I'm so glad I didn't.  I love that you sent one of your measuring tape cozies!  I had taken pictures of everything when I saw something sticking out from between the bigger square bundle.  I almost missed it!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I think I'll share with everyone pictures of my early Christmas gift ;)

In the package:  10 6-inch squares, 12 3-inch squares, a lovely flowery/gardeny crocheted wall hanging, a measuring tape in a cozy, a four-ink pen, bookmark, lip balm in a cozy, project drawstring bag, Crochet Dude stitch markers, two yarn threaders (they look vintage!), a journal, notecards and envelopes in two sizes, and a lovely card that she made.  

Thank you!

post-44469-0-46832100-1369186422_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-54742800-1369186427_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-74344600-1369186434_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-39000400-1369186438_thumb.jpg

Lordy I made it to the mail box and what did I find........ eight 12" squares, a skein of baby alpaca and an I hook!!! Thank you soo much Katherine Elaine!!! 

post-17683-0-92083200-1369187417_thumb.jpg

oops..misse one....count them .....NINE!!! You have totally out did yourself !! My patients under the AC will so much appreciate your kind and generous May Free For All gift!!!

your certainly welcome, glad you liked it all...Now I can tell everyone, I left several clues in one of my posts, one mentioned,

and "angel", another clue mentioned "heavenly" and garden, and bright colors, lol. no put it together though, lol was post number......

your certainly welcome, glad you liked it all...Now I can tell everyone, I left several clues in one of my posts, one mentioned,

and "angel", another clue mentioned "heavenly" and garden, and bright colors, lol. no put it together though, lol was post number......

I'm the dumbest person when it comes to clues!  :lol  You were safe all along, lol.  I'm going to go back and carefully read.  I can pretty much figure out the whodunits in movies and shows, but for the life of me I can never get the clues right on Crochetville!  :lol

oops..misse one....count them .....NINE!!! You have totally out did yourself !! My patients under the AC will so much appreciate your kind and generous May Free For All gift!!!

oh so nice!! the packages are rolling in now!!

I'm the dumbest person when it comes to clues!   :lol  You were safe all along, lol.  I'm going to go back and carefully read.  I can pretty much figure out the whodunits in movies and shows, but for the life of me I can never get the clues right on Crochetville!   :lol

ha ha, they were very subtle, I couldn't find the post, darn it, lol but they were there, i promise, lol

Ok, I had sooo much to catch up on and I tagged four posts to respond to last night and now there's going to be even more that I haven't even read yet and Chrome is going to start blocking things in four minutes! Ack!  :cry

Maria, I am so with you. I'm going to be sending my package out on May 31! I've been having so much trouble trying to think of what to put in!

Our preapproval for the house came through, and now hubby's not sure if that's the one he wants.  Men!!!  Lol.  But we'll see what happens.  We're not in a big hurry, but I do like that house ....

I know that feeling! Part of the reason we still haven't moved is because we keep waffling on what we want....

I just discovered the filter by forum button, which means I can filter out some of the things i don't often read, such as games and that, and it's pretty handy. Just click on it, and then click on the things you WANT to come up in new content, wow, nice and neat, and all the threads I don't normally ever read clear out making room for those I do read every day, lol  And with a click of the mouse, I can return to getting all forums new content!  It's a good thing,!!

That is AWESOME and I am going to have to start using it! I wonder if there's some way to get the filter on mobile, too....

Woooooo hoooooo I'm super excited!!!! Thank you all so much

So....the name was a play on words..... its two words mixed together. I'm a gamer girl too and my step son came up with it..... it really stuck and now I use it for everything. The bonus is I never have to worry abt someone having the name. Lol

Oh varigated would be just lovely!!!!!!! Thank you bc I didnt even think of that!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this CAL.

Ooh, ooh, which words? Which words?? :D I like that color combination; it's going to look awesome when it's done.

Now Katy, how are you going to be surprised at who has you when you already know who has you??  hmmmm??????

I hadn't even thought of this! Totally made me laugh when I read it. ^_^

cool, just sayin, it's a neat book, gonna put it on destashing soon, it came today, and it is the one I already have, lol I suspected that, but wasn't sure till it came, I just peeped open a corner of the bubble bag it came in, and saw the cover, today in the car, sooooo it will be going up, I paid 12 for it, and postage will be probably 5, or 6, unless I can get it media mail, never did that before, is that cheaper?? anyway, figure on about 18.00 bucks, and it's yours, some lucky person, pm me, lol     New they are more than 24 for the book, as I recall, but research it, and let me know if I am asking an ok price..I won't open the package and tape up that corner, so, it's still deliverable in it's own packing!   If no bites here, I will certainly do a destashing thread, it's a great book, you are right honex!    thanks all, have nice day, gonna be hot here too Kuddles, but tomorrow, will be better!!!!!!!

Oh,,,,another thing to add, (rings the bell)  I DID mail out to my secret partner today, packed it up best I could in it's fat bubble envelope, and addressed this am, whilst on the phone,lol so was ready to go, (go westward young package!) when I went! I do so hope she likes what i put in extra for her, post office said bout a week for delivery, so heads up _________!! It's on it's way to your neck of the woods. I wish my flower garden had some of those colors it it, that would be heavenly!  Take care and until later, keep cool!

I found it!  I remember reading it and thinking I'm west of everyone  :rofl

Hi, ladies!  Everyone safe?  Everyone okay?  I hope the storms go away very, very soon :hug

Have you ever heard of Day by Day Crochet?  She's on Facebook.  She's a full-time music teacher and gives private piano lessons.  In the bit of time aside from that, she works with polymer clay for hooks, stitch markers, buttons... she's great!  She has a loooooong waiting list.  I ordered a few months ago before the list.  I wanted an order soon after, but by then, word spread of her fantastic work.  Now her list has over 300 names in it.  So I waited about five months for my turn to order, and it arrived yesterday!  I am so excited!  I thought I'd share a little eye candy with our group :)

Wow, neat! (See what I miss when I don't catch up before posting? Ugh! I opened a different browser so I could catch up quick :D) I've been wanting to try making some hook handles since I saw some people on the 'ville talking about them. I'll have to get moving on that! Hmmm....

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my partner her street name is the same name of one of our squares,that doesn't visit very much,but thought that would give it away,so thats why I said a counrty lane or two

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my partner her street name is the same name of one of our squares,that doesn't visit very much,but thought that would give it away,so thats why I said a counrty lane or two

oh Linda, I knew that was a clue, just something about it jumped out as one! lol too cute!! Aren't we just so clever!!!

Oh forgot to mention, i made a few squares for Carrie, (Phoensix) and will be sending that out hopefully this week!! We are rolling right into June here soon, and i want to be all caught up, and I want to straighten up my craft room, for all the PUFFY"s I might be recieving in June, NOW Im getting exciited!!! Putting camera batteries on my list now!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Great packages!!! Love seeing the pictures!

Now that we are down to a few people, if I went back and wrote down everyone that has received theirs, I might be able to narrow down who has me....but you see, Kuddles is lazy! She won't do it so she will still be very surprised when her package arrives!

Well for today the heat is gone and the rain has set in. I really don't mind......making the temps much cooler and the air went off again! Woot!

Katie, I still have your 4 squares ready to send to you for June.......but now I'm thinking I have plenty of time....to make you a few more! Woot!

Gotta get Kiddles and I moving....later my wonderful Squares!

kuddles

We are rolling right into June here soon, and i want to be all caught up, and I want to straighten up my craft room, for all the PUFFY"s I might be recieving in June, NOW Im getting exciited!!! Putting camera batteries on my list now!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to get a head start on your squares this weekend, since my baby blanket should be finished before then! 3 day weekend, no plans...I'll definitely be crocheting :)

Archived