Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Sorry I haven't been around. I have managed to make some squares for my partner. Today I am going to finish up a couple more and will be sending out the package tomorrow. So heads up overseas friends who haven't received a package yet. It will arrive on one of your doorsteps :-)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The free for all, was a secret santa sort of thing, with a secret parnter, to send squares and goodies too, it was the first ever free for all here, and it is over at the end of May. I can't match you up this month, but the next time we have it, and we will, as it has been rather fun for all, lol you certainly are welcome to join in on the fun! No one knows till they receive their package, whom their secret partner was!! It's kinda neat to find little things to put in your partners package too, along with the squares!! You may start sending as soon as you want, lol just pick a name, and pm her for her addy!! Thanks for joining us!!

Hey PHeonsix, welcome to this very active forum!!!  I am sure you will enjoy your stay here. Seems like if you need advice for something, someone in here has already dealt with the situation, from life to crochet!  I know I have some red, white and black in my stash, so will start working once I get my secret swap pal's done!

Well, I am almost done with my squares for my secret swap pal!  I am excited about doing this!  Hope she likes (loves) them!  Hopefully she will say something that will trigger me as to what little special suprise I can put in the puffy for her!

I am on the rotation for the church again for Tuesday, for all those that pray, keep me lifted up that I hear from God for this!!!  Next month I minister at our newest church, a little nervous about that! 

Weather has been beautiful, very humid though.  We are getting prepared for hurricane season, as it starts June 1.  Luckily my "bosses" gave me a router and it has a battery pack that came with it, so if the electricity goes out, at least I will still be able to get online!!!  Need to go every week and buy some new yarn for my stock, in case I am stranded for several days at a time!!!  Not gonna venture in the water cause of the snakes, though!!!  Gonna sit still for a season and just crochet!!!  And check this forum, of course!!!

Everyone take care and have a blessed week!!!!

LOL KRISTY!  I KEEP THINKING THE SAME THING.  TRYING TO FIGURE OUT, BY THE WAY OF WHO ALL HAS POSTED SO FAR, WHO HAS MY NAME! LOLOL.  DON'T BE MADE KATY, I DO THIS FOR EVERYTHING!!!  MAYBE THAT IS WHY I WAS TOLD I WOULD MAKE A GOOD LAWYER!  I LIKE TO DIG FOR THINGS UNTIL I FIND OUT, I AM A LITTLE SNOOP!!!  MAYBE I SHOULD BE A P.I.! 

WELL, BACK TO WORK!!!  YES, IT IS SUNDAY AND I AM WORKING, BUT I DID GO TO TWO CHURCH SERVICES TODAY!!!  PUT GOD FIRST BEFORE ALL THINGS!!!

Hi to the new members!

Thanks Katey! Work is going great. I am getting lots of shifts and with that, my course and the kids I am finding it hard to fit in much crochet. I don't know how everyone manages it!

Some exciting news for us. My eldest daughter Shai (11) won a scholarship earlier this year. It sets her up for highschool as well as helps with everything this year. They go on two leadership camps called Hubs and this morning I sent her off on her first hub. I am ridiculously nervous for her. She only knows one other person and that is her friend and fellow scholar. My girl is friendly and outgoing and unbelievably excited and makes friends with everyone. I'm worried because her friend told me she doesn't want to make new friends and only wants to hang out with shai. She is a bit possessive and tries to cause rifts with my girls other friends to try and get Shai to herself. I'm hoping she doesn't interfer in letting Shai get the most out of this experience and my concern is for nothing!

Hi to the new members!

Thanks Katey! Work is going great. I am getting lots of shifts and with that, my course and the kids I am finding it hard to fit in much crochet. I don't know how everyone manages it!

Some exciting news for us. My eldest daughter Shai (11) won a scholarship earlier this year. It sets her up for highschool as well as helps with everything this year. They go on two leadership camps called Hubs and this morning I sent her off on her first hub. I am ridiculously nervous for her. She only knows one other person and that is her friend and fellow scholar. My girl is friendly and outgoing and unbelievably excited and makes friends with everyone. I'm worried because her friend told me she doesn't want to make new friends and only wants to hang out with shai. She is a bit possessive and tries to cause rifts with my girls other friends to try and get Shai to herself. I'm hoping she doesn't interfer in letting Shai get the most out of this experience and my concern is for nothing!

Hi, Paula!  It's great that you're working so much.  That career really took off for you.  I'm very happy for you.  Congrats to Shai.  What a bright girl you have :)  I hope Shai learns how to handle her friend.  I had a friend since high school like that, and I'm sad that we are no longer friends because she is very much like Shai's friend.  We were a group of four friends.  Then one decided she couldn't handle that particular girl.  Then another friend was banished from her life, and I was the only one left.  The inevitable happened there too.  When someone is that unhappy and after 20+ years nothing has changed, I think it's time to move on.  It shouldn't have taken 20 years to see it, but we held on because she had no other friends.  We didn't want to abandon her.  The thing is that she hated that we had lives and friends that didn't revolve around her.  I hope Shai has better luck.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :)

LOL KRISTY!  I KEEP THINKING THE SAME THING.  TRYING TO FIGURE OUT, BY THE WAY OF WHO ALL HAS POSTED SO FAR, WHO HAS MY NAME! LOLOL.  DON'T BE MADE KATY, I DO THIS FOR EVERYTHING!!!  MAYBE THAT IS WHY I WAS TOLD I WOULD MAKE A GOOD LAWYER!  I LIKE TO DIG FOR THINGS UNTIL I FIND OUT, I AM A LITTLE SNOOP!!!  MAYBE I SHOULD BE A P.I.! 

WELL, BACK TO WORK!!!  YES, IT IS SUNDAY AND I AM WORKING, BUT I DID GO TO TWO CHURCH SERVICES TODAY!!!  PUT GOD FIRST BEFORE ALL THINGS!!!

That's so funny!  I was thinking of doing the same thing to see if I can figure out who chose me, but I decided I wanted to be surprised.  So instead of letting temptation get ahold of me, I'm going to replay all of the last season of True Blood to be ready for Season 6 :)

That's so funny!  I was thinking of doing the same thing to see if I can figure out who chose me, but I decided I wanted to be surprised.  So instead of letting temptation get ahold of me, I'm going to replay all of the last season of True Blood to be ready for Season 6 :)

Ooo yeah! Season 6 is soon right? Maybe I should do the same thing. Been thinking of just have a massive True Blood rewatch because, to be honest, British TV is awful. :lol

I've been quite good with not trying to figure out who has me. I know that some people are participating that aren't very talkative on the thread so it would be really hard to puzzle it out. I just know that I have been "ticking" off who has received and sent theirs. :D

Welcome back Paula! I've been following your status updates of FB about Shai. I really hope she has a fantasitc time.

Good morning chatty girls! Hugs to those that need them, congrats, etc.

HOT here! Was still 83 in the condo when I got up! And severe storms starting late afternoon so those of you east of Chicagoland, here it comes!

FYI - I've sold those books I listed for sale. Hope she enjoys them!

Regarding trying to figure out my secret pal......I am horrible at that so I never ever try! It will be such fun when it arrives! And if you haven't sent it yet, oh secret buddy, and need ideas for extras, any little thing for my 8 yr old DD!

I found this pattern on ravelry but just can't bring myself to pay 7 bucks for a granny square! Any of you seen any free patterns like it that you can link me to? I LOVE gerbera daisies and love this 3D one but yeesh! The price!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-blanket-gerbera-3d-flower-floral-granny-square

Well gotta get moving! It's slow going in this heat!

kuddles

ha ha, you squares, trying to figure it out huh, welllll, I know who chose you, he he he, but Im not telling, however, bribes of yarn, and hooks, and goodies even though it won't help get your that name, lol is still  a nice gesture, lol JK JK... :woo  :lol

For My secret partner, the suspense should be over today!! as i believe her package is out for delivery today! SOOOOOOO check your boxes squares, maybe, it's YOU! :manyheart

All of this bad weather, hope our family of Squares here, are all safe, and out of harms way.. A bad tornado struck the very town my dd lived in till she moved back just months ago!! :eek I guess someone is looking after her....... :heart

so all, be safe, and SOMEONE out there is getting my package today me thinks!!!!!!! yay!! :clap

Hi All! Another cloudy day here.  It's supposed to be overcast most of the week, but warm and tomorrow is going to be HUMID! BLEH! It might be time to put away the snow shovels and get out the air conditioner! :lol  Have a wonderful day everyone!

Thanks Ladies for all the love.  :manyheart:ty   My profile pic is of my little guy Daxter!!! I normally don't let him anywhere near my yarn or WIPs but he was able to somehow and I couldn't resist his cuteness....so I took a pic!!

Anywho..... what is this free for all you all are speaking of? 

You guys have no idea how excited I am about exchanging squares.  I have to go through the list and see who I can send to as I already have a bunch of squares made.  :clap

Awww, Daxter is such a cutie!  I see your question about the free for all has already been answered.  Again, welcome!

Hey PHeonsix, welcome to this very active forum!!!  I am sure you will enjoy your stay here. Seems like if you need advice for something, someone in here has already dealt with the situation, from life to crochet!  I know I have some red, white and black in my stash, so will start working once I get my secret swap pal's done!

Well, I am almost done with my squares for my secret swap pal!  I am excited about doing this!  Hope she likes (loves) them!  Hopefully she will say something that will trigger me as to what little special suprise I can put in the puffy for her!

I am on the rotation for the church again for Tuesday, for all those that pray, keep me lifted up that I hear from God for this!!!  Next month I minister at our newest church, a little nervous about that! 

Weather has been beautiful, very humid though.  We are getting prepared for hurricane season, as it starts June 1.  Luckily my "bosses" gave me a router and it has a battery pack that came with it, so if the electricity goes out, at least I will still be able to get online!!!  Need to go every week and buy some new yarn for my stock, in case I am stranded for several days at a time!!!  Not gonna venture in the water cause of the snakes, though!!!  Gonna sit still for a season and just crochet!!!  And check this forum, of course!!!

Everyone take care and have a blessed week!!!!

Prayers going up for you.  I agree with you, stay out of the water! EEEEEckkkkk, I don't like snakes.

Lol, I started, but was getting overwhelmed and figure it's more fun to be surprised anyway.  I'm terrible at figuring out clues.  I try every month for Tampa Dolls totes ND I've ONLY FIGURED IT OUT ONCE! Lol.

Hi to the new members!

Good to hear from you and congrats to you daughter.  I hope she learns to handle her friend well.  I bet she does fine.

That's so funny!  I was thinking of doing the same thing to see if I can figure out who chose me, but I decided I wanted to be surprised.  So instead of letting temptation get ahold of me, I'm going to replay all of the last season of True Blood to be ready for Season 6

Now that's a great idea!  I've never seen any of it. 

Ooo yeah! Season 6 is soon right? Maybe I should do the same thing. Been thinking of just have a massive True Blood rewatch because, to be honest, British TV is awful.

I've been quite good with not trying to figure out who has me. I know that some people are participating that aren't very talkative on the thread so it would be really hard to puzzle it out. I just know that I have been "ticking" off who has received and sent theirs.

Welcome back Paula! I've been following your status updates of FB about Shai. I really hope she has a fantasitc time.

Ohhh, I forgot all about the non-chatters, lol.

Good morning chatty girls! Hugs to those that need them, congrats, etc.

HOT here! Was still 83 in the condo when I got up! And severe storms starting late afternoon so those of you east of Chicagoland, here it comes!

FYI - I've sold those books I listed for sale. Hope she enjoys them!

Regarding trying to figure out my secret pal......I am horrible at that so I never ever try! It will be such fun when it arrives! And if you haven't sent it yet, oh secret buddy, and need ideas for extras, any little thing for my 8 yr old DD!

I found this pattern on ravelry but just can't bring myself to pay 7 bucks for a granny square! Any of you seen any free patterns like it that you can link me to? I LOVE gerbera daisies and love this 3D one but yeesh! The price!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-blanket-gerbera-3d-flower-floral-granny-square

Well gotta get moving! It's slow going in this heat!

kuddles

Wow, that's nice, but I agree about the price.  I think I might have a gerbera daisy pattern but it would be on my other computer.  When I have a chance to get up I'll go look.

ha ha, you squares, trying to figure it out huh, welllll, I know who chose you, he he he, but Im not telling, however, bribes of yarn, and hooks, and goodies even though it won't help get your that name, lol is still  a nice gesture, lol JK JK...   :lol

For My secret partner, the suspense should be over today!! as i believe her package is out for delivery today! SOOOOOOO check your boxes squares, maybe, it's YOU! :manyheart

All of this bad weather, hope our family of Squares here, are all safe, and out of harms way.. A bad tornado struck the very town my dd lived in till she moved back just months ago!!  I guess someone is looking after her....... :heart

so all, be safe, and SOMEONE out there is getting my package today me thinks!!!!!!! yay!!

What a tease, lol. Good to know someone is watching over your DD.  I hope all who are in the tornado areas stay safe.

still no word from my secret pal on her delivery.............could be she works, or is out of the house for the day?????????? or maybe, her mail comes really late in the aft..... quite a dilemma, well snowflake, maybe you can figure that one out. he he he. Lemme know if you come up with somthing..........

Really!? Could ya please pretty please!!!

OH that daisy sure is cute, looks like a variation of the frilly flower, with maybe triple crochets instead of the dc you use for frilly flowers, Bet I could duplicate it, he he he!!

I know my mail doesn't come till late afternoon! Plus if she works, stops to do an errand...well could be hours from now! Just to torture you!

still no word from my secret pal on her delivery.............could be she works, or is out of the house for the day?????????? or maybe, her mail comes really late in the aft..... quite a dilemma, well snowflake, maybe you can figure that one out. he he he. Lemme know if you come up with somthing..........

Ann said: Wow, that's nice, but I agree about the price. I think I might have a gerbera daisy pattern but it would be on my other computer. When I have a chance to get up I'll go look.

Oh Ann if you ever have a chance to look it  up, let me know! Woot!

lolol!!!  She is currently working and won't get home until this evening.  She will be surprised when she gets her mail!!!

Now Katy, how are you going to be surprised at who has you when you already know who has you??  hmmmm??????

OH that daisy sure is cute, looks like a variation of the frilly flower, with maybe triple crochets instead of the dc you use for frilly flowers, Bet I could duplicate it, he he he!!

Oh That would be great if you could. it is such a pretty pattern

HMMMM. Well it wasnt me.. No mail today. 

lolol!!!  She is currently working and won't get home until this evening.  She will be surprised when she gets her mail!!!

Now Katy, how are you going to be surprised at who has you when you already know who has you??  hmmmm??????

Yeah what she said lol.

Archived