Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I got a 92.1% in English and a 82.1% in math

Woot!

Well, it's not Monday, but i did get my package today!!!   OH MY GOODNESS!   Thank you so much.  There was so much goody goodiness inside.  I am so excited.  You were VERY busy.  Inside i got TEN squares.  They are beautiful.  Some are in purple (my favorite color) but there are other colors too.  I also got three Bernat patterns for an apron, placemats and napkin rings, and tray liner and coasters.  I also received a wonderful handmade crocheted hook holder with THREE crochet hooks inside.  I love the little butterfly button.  Also attached were two handmade stitch markers that I absolutely love.  Also included was a very nice little note.  Thank you so very much!!  It is all so awesome!  I don't have a cell phone to take a picture, but I will try to borrow one so you can all share in my joy! 

Thanks again!!!

Wow!

Hi everyone!  We're having an overcast sky today and a bit cooler.  The sun peaks out off and on.  That's ok, no big plans.  Now, tomorrow we have a graduation party to go to, so I'm hoping the weatherman is right and it will be cloudy and in the 60's, but no rain!  Today---it's a crochet day!  Have a great weekend everyone!

Your very welcome!  I had fun putting it together.  I'm glad that you like everything. :hug

Hi back at ya Ann! Today was picture perfect! Got in one great walk, then bloody nose on the second so had to stop. Kiddles, not me of course!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a 92.1% in English and a 82.1% in math

Oh you did good honex! Congrata!

Well, it's not Monday, but i did get my package today!!!   OH MY GOODNESS!   Thank you so much.  There was so much goody goodiness inside.  I am so excited.  You were VERY busy.  Inside i got TEN squares.  They are beautiful.  Some are in purple (my favorite color) but there are other colors too.  I also got three Bernat patterns for an apron, placemats and napkin rings, and tray liner and coasters.  I also received a wonderful handmade crocheted hook holder with THREE crochet hooks inside.  I love the little butterfly button.  Also attached were two handmade stitch markers that I absolutely love.  Also included was a very nice little note.  Thank you so very much!!  It is all so awesome!  I don't have a cell phone to take a picture, but I will try to borrow one so you can all share in my joy! 

Thanks again!!!

oooh neato, package arrived, what fun! you gotta share the pics with us!

Well, my May Free for All delivered this morning. Can't wait to hear if my person liked what I sent her! Woot!

OMGoodness! Thank you so so so so much!! It's perfect :) The dress - gorgeous!! It fits her great & I am making matching flip flops right now :) It honestly brought tears to my eyes!! 

post-46820-0-58605000-1368923388_thumb.jpg

I'll have to get pictures of the squares tomorrow! 

OMGoodness! Thank you so so so so much!! It's perfect :) The dress - gorgeous!! It fits her great & I am making matching flip flops right now :) It honestly brought tears to my eyes!! 

attachicon.gifDSCN1199.JPG

Absolutely adorable!

Well I just looked at the calendar and in less than two weeks katyallen8090 will reign supreme over yarn hill.  I hope the crown has been duly polished and maybe even a jewel or two has been added for her coronation.  Squares are ready to go but just trying to decide on that something extra.   

So Precious!

Oh I'm so happy you like the dress and it fits! I always worry about that! For anyone wondering, the beads are crocheted on so no worries about them coming off! My own pattern, I really should have some testers and then I could post it on ravelry and here!

Enjoy!

kuddles

Good morning! I had a very early start this morning (not by choice--just couldn't sleep) and I managed to get the dishes done, a load of laundry in the wash, and all of the rest of the clean laundry folded before 8:30am! Now it's time for breakfast and some pattern browsing...hoping to get some crocheting done later today! I have a baby blanket that is about halfway finished and is going very quickly, so I'd like to get most of it done today.

wow, kuddles, that is outstanding!! Jessica's baby girl looks so adorable in it too!! Can't wait to see the squares either, lol.

Mandy, you are a clean machine this am!!

And Ms. Brenda, Im sure our last queen, Tiffer, made a trip to the jewelers to have that crown all polished!! I hope it fits!! I had it made adjustable to fit many size heads, so it should!! lol     

Well, rain today, so much for outside working in the yard, as It was  mowed yesterday, but wanted to tidy up with my weed eater but not today, lol, oh well, tomorrow is another day...My flowers love the showers today, i see their pretty colorful heads bobbing around, dancing in the rain drops!! I put in big bloom marigolds in the bed that is mostly sun, and impatients, in the shadier bed, they are more into the cooler shade,  and the rabbits have not discovered them yet!! Usually one of two of the impatients have to be replaced, cause of the rabbits, but there is more than enough food out there now for them, so they have left my plants alone!! .

Isn't it funny how we water, to make our grass grow, then mow to shorten it? It's human nature I guess, to want things just our way and no other way will do!!

OHhh, and we might have a new member here shortly, as soon as I get her info, i will post her name and preferences here, and in the first post too!! New blood!! I was thinking of having a color or color combination thing a month thing too, I will make a couple squares in specific colors, and then post for a drawing of sorts on who might want them, and eventually pick a winner well think about it, lol I dream these thing, i swear!! lol

Maybe that would be better done  in its own thread or something?? I dunno, let me know what you all think, i value your opinions, and after all, you all are what make this fun!!

well, time to go and do something today, have spent enough time just waking up today, slept well last night, cept for one dream that woke me up.....I killed a butterfly......Didn't mean to, but did, felt horrible about it in my dream.......For some reason, thought it was an ant??? go figure, huh.........

Ok , we have a new member!! Her name is Carrie, her screen name is Pheonsix, and nope, didnt mispell that, lol Thought I had a couple of times, had to check!!  

She would like ww, any size, and colors of red, grey, black or white... I think that will be stunning, and a question for Carrie, what about varigated in any of those colors as well, as I have some!!     

Please welcome our newest member,PHeonsix, an hope you do so enjoy being a part of the Squardom on Yarn Hill!!!   

:welcome  :welcome  :welcome  :ghug  :manyheart

Woooooo hoooooo I'm super excited!!!! Thank you all so much

So....the name was a play on words..... its two words mixed together. I'm a gamer girl too and my step son came up with it..... it really stuck and now I use it for everything. The bonus is I never have to worry abt someone having the name. Lol

Oh varigated would be just lovely!!!!!!! Thank you bc I didnt even think of that!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this CAL.

Yay, and it's easy, any size, lol We look forward to getting to know you too Carrie! Im not a gamer, per say, I have played some, but not very good at it, but when my daughter was younger, we played.. Now they have so many I have never even heard of before!! I would be lost!

WooHoo for finishing finals!  Glad you got to sit outside and crochet. 

Weren't you just getting snow? LOL!

It's snowing up in the mountains right now...about an hour from me.

Oh you did good honex! Congrata!

I passed and that was all I cared about...

oooh neato, package arrived, what fun! you gotta share the pics with us!

I wish I had a digital camera or a cell phone....

What a gorgeous dress! Soooo cute!

Welcome Pheonsix! I'm a gamer girl as well. Always great to meet another. :hug

Hi everyone! I didn't make it to the graduation party today.  I was up sick half the night. I was really looking forward to going, but oh well, that's life. Looking on the positive side,  I got more time to work on my shawl today.  Hope you all had a great day!

Yeah. Everyone was ok. I think it must have been a short circuit or something. It wasn't arson or anything sinister. The fire dept. were super quick. I've never seen them in action before. No hunks though :P:lol

Felicia does like going grocery shopping because we get her involved in it. We pass her things to put in the cart and let her choose certain things. If all else fails, she sits in the cart and eats a banana :D

Glad that everyone was ok in the fire.  Too bad you didn't see any hunks, lol.  It's great that Felicia likes grocery shopping.  My boys always wanted to help too, unfortunately they usually wanted to put sugary cereals and candy in the cart, lol.

Hi back at ya Ann! Today was picture perfect! Got in one great walk, then bloody nose on the second so had to stop. Kiddles, not me of course!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Kuddles

Awww, at least you got one good walk in.  Poor Kiddles...

Wow, that dress is beautiful!  And your daughter is adorable!!!

Ok , we have a new member!! Her name is Carrie, her screen name is Pheonsix, and nope, didnt mispell that, lol Thought I had a couple of times, had to check!!  

She would like ww, any size, and colors of red, grey, black or white... I think that will be stunning, and a question for Carrie, what about varigated in any of those colors as well, as I have some!!     

Please welcome our newest member,PHeonsix, an hope you do so enjoy being a part of the Squardom on Yarn Hill!!!   

:welcome  :welcome  :welcome  :ghug  :manyheart

Yay, a new member!!!

Woooooo hoooooo I'm super excited!!!! Thank you all so much

So....the name was a play on words..... its two words mixed together. I'm a gamer girl too and my step son came up with it..... it really stuck and now I use it for everything. The bonus is I never have to worry abt someone having the name. Lol

Oh varigated would be just lovely!!!!!!! Thank you bc I didnt even think of that!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this CAL.

Welcome to the group!

It's snowing up in the mountains right now...about an hour from me.

Ewwww, hope it stays up there! LOL!

:welcome Phoensix!  You'll see pretty soon that this is a chatty, fun, generous bunch :)

Kuddles, that dress is lovely!  I wish I had the imagination to come up with something like that.  I hope you get testers and post your patterns for us!  

Beautiful, beautiful baby modeling the dress :)

Happy Sunday!

well, keep looking then, find one you both like,  ha ha, , and on the ghan, it's all good, when its done, you'll be happy you did it....

hot here too, how did you do on finals, when will you know..Have fun with preparing your package for your secret partner, I think that is all of our favorite thing, preparing the package, lol

busy busy......

K,  ill pass that on!!

Hubby's coming around on this house.  It has a lot of things we like, but a few we don't.  We're actually going to go look at it again this week.

Hi all! How is your Saturday?

I know a couple of you saw this on my FB page but this is what I opened the blinds in the lounge to this morning:

This car in flames across the street from me.

attachicon.giffire!.jpg

Was quite scary but also quite mesmerizing at the same time.

Its raining here so haven't been doing anything fun. Housework and I took Felicia to the store so we could get some groceries. Got all bits for my package done now. Will be in the mail on Wednesday :)

Omigosh how crazy!  This actually happened to my parents car around midnight several years ago.  Something shorted out in the steering wheel.   Everything in the dashboard, and the roof burned.  But the leather seats didn't, and the car wasn't totaled. 

Hello everyone,

I received a Free for All package in the mail Friday.  It was filled with goodies thanks so much PineKnot I loved it!!  I'll try to post pics later this week.  Look for one in your mail Pineknot late this week or early next week.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hello everyone,

I received a Free for All package in the mail Friday.  It was filled with goodies thanks so much PineKnot I loved it!!  I'll try to post pics later this week.  Look for one in your mail Pineknot late this week or early next week.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

glad you liked it,it was fun thinking of things to put in

Well my chatty friends!

Welcome to the newest member and thanks everyone for thinking the dress was cute! I love making those, I make and give to charity. But I do give some as gifts and figured this was a perfect time!

I got to go see a movie, but not Star Trek as I had planned. My friend wanted to see 42, which I did too, so we went and O M G! If you haven't seen it, you must! An awesome movie!

Kiddles is crabby now, she usually has sensory overload with a babysitter and I 'suffer' for it. But I'm okay with that. She'll survive...and so will I!

kuddles

Thanks Ladies for all the love.  :manyheart:ty   My profile pic is of my little guy Daxter!!! I normally don't let him anywhere near my yarn or WIPs but he was able to somehow and I couldn't resist his cuteness....so I took a pic!!

Anywho..... what is this free for all you all are speaking of? 

You guys have no idea how excited I am about exchanging squares.  I have to go through the list and see who I can send to as I already have a bunch of squares made.  :clap

Archived