Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Got a puffy from Mandy this afternoon. she is not my free for all partner she just sent it to me from the kindness of her heart. Thanks Mandy i love them.

D385620D-orig.jpg

A750C24E-orig.jpg

1501C28A-orig.jpg

I'm glad you like them! They arrived so fast! I think I put them in the mail on Saturday!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we certainly all have been busy!!! Beautiful squares, finally, some eye candy, lol

I think I might mail my secret partners goodies out this week sometime, will be out tomorrow, but it's not quite all packed up properly yet, so I don't know about tomorrow, lol....

Did the grocery thing today, stopped in the salon, and got a trim, and my 'indulgence"  shampoo, it's more costly, but worth it, lol and what else, ran up to the thrift store, looked around, Sheesh, so many people there!! I picked up a frame for a pic of my daughter and fiancee that she gave me on mom's day, ohh, and I forgot to go and spend my Hobby Lobby card today, well, there's always tomorrow!!

I inventoried my crochet books as I think i boo boo'd and bought a duplicate of one I already had, if so, look for it on detashing, lol brand new, lol from amazon. THe Granny Square book, by, uh, Hubert maybe, Ill check that it's a fairly new book, anyway, Ill let ya know... so you all can have a crack at it first......

post-40621-0-93986900-1368498256_thumb.jpg

nuff said, gotta run out and supervise my flowers being planted, lol probaby get stuck with digging the holes, but the soil has already been turned, well, will be by the time I get out there to supervise, lol   have a great evening all!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their evening! I'm off work tomorrow because I'm having an endoscopy tomorrow morning. I'm not worried, it's the second one for me. I've been having so many stomach problems, I've had just about every test you could think of! Good news is that I wasn't too groggy the last time, so hopefully I'll get some crocheting in tomorrow!

I hope everyone is enjoying their evening! I'm off work tomorrow because I'm having an endoscopy tomorrow morning. I'm not worried, it's the second one for me. I've been having so many stomach problems, I've had just about every test you could think of! Good news is that I wasn't too groggy the last time, so hopefully I'll get some crocheting in tomorrow!

Good luck!  

Pictures Mandy in the Hospital. doctor says ok Mandy breathe deep and count to ten. Mandy asks " Ten Single or double crochets?"

Good luck Mandy. will say a prayer

:lol

well we certainly all have been busy!!! Beautiful squares, finally, some eye candy, lol

I think I might mail my secret partners goodies out this week sometime, will be out tomorrow, but it's not quite all packed up properly yet, so I don't know about tomorrow, lol....

Did the grocery thing today, stopped in the salon, and got a trim, and my 'indulgence"  shampoo, it's more costly, but worth it, lol and what else, ran up to the thrift store, looked around, Sheesh, so many people there!! I picked up a frame for a pic of my daughter and fiancee that she gave me on mom's day, ohh, and I forgot to go and spend my Hobby Lobby card today, well, there's always tomorrow!!

I inventoried my crochet books as I think i boo boo'd and bought a duplicate of one I already had, if so, look for it on detashing, lol brand new, lol from amazon. THe Granny Square book, by, uh, Hubert maybe, Ill check that it's a fairly new book, anyway, Ill let ya know... so you all can have a crack at it first......

attachicon.gif100_3377.jpg

nuff said, gotta run out and supervise my flowers being planted, lol probaby get stuck with digging the holes, but the soil has already been turned, well, will be by the time I get out there to supervise, lol   have a great evening all!!

Oh my goodness.  I just checked this exact book out of the library this weekend.  It is an awesome book!!

good luck Mandy!!

Yes good luck Mandy!

Pictures Mandy in the Hospital. doctor says ok Mandy breathe deep and count to ten. Mandy asks " Ten Single or double crochets?"

tee hee

Well ladies, hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Up to 90 today in Chi Town! OMGoodness! That is way too hot to suddenly happen! I'll probably 'cook' in the trailer today! LOL

Kiddles is winding down towards the end of school. This week, next week, then 3 days. She will go to the local daycare she has always gone to, for summer camp. Fun with her friends and I have no worries.

I finished up my May Free for All package but can't send it till Thursday till I get paid! I'm sure you understand!

Well, I better get Kiddles and me ready for school/work.

Take care!

kuddles

Busy day yesterday. worked 8-1 took a nap and went back 3-4 came home and instructed the kids on how to make tacos, Took my oldest (living at home) to Mcdonalds for an interveiw (he got the job), came home, ate, my daughter had a choir concert at 6. straight back to work after it is over till 8. then took daughters boyfriend home. so about 830 i got to finnally relax. till back to work 11- midnight. and this morning back to work 8-1 then I get to relax. plant a few flowers we have a band banquet at 7 tonight. 

Haha! Thanks for the laugh!

I started a new baby blanket pattern over the weekend and I'm having to scrap it because I messed up/dropped stitches so badly that my square is not a square at all! Super frustrating! I've found something else to do, so that's good. I don't like to repeat baby blanket patterns that I give out for gifts so I'm always looking for something new!

Good afternoon! My day started out with a drs visit, just my reg sched one w/my rheum dr for my lupus, then back home to rest for the day.  The sun has finally come out, but it's freezing.  We had frost warnings last night!  I want the warm weather back, lol.  I have my Free for All pkg finished, just need to get it ready for the PO.  I'm planning on mailing it either tomorrow or Thur.  Have a great week everyone :hug  

Oh my goodness.  I just checked this exact book out of the library this weekend.  It is an awesome book!!

cool, just sayin, it's a neat book, gonna put it on destashing soon, it came today, and it is the one I already have, lol I suspected that, but wasn't sure till it came, I just peeped open a corner of the bubble bag it came in, and saw the cover, today in the car, sooooo it will be going up, I paid 12 for it, and postage will be probably 5, or 6, unless I can get it media mail, never did that before, is that cheaper?? anyway, figure on about 18.00 bucks, and it's yours, some lucky person, pm me, lol     New they are more than 24 for the book, as I recall, but research it, and let me know if I am asking an ok price..I won't open the package and tape up that corner, so, it's still deliverable in it's own packing!   If no bites here, I will certainly do a destashing thread, it's a great book, you are right honex!    thanks all, have nice day, gonna be hot here too Kuddles, but tomorrow, will be better!!!!!!!

Oh,,,,another thing to add, (rings the bell)  I DID mail out to my secret partner today, packed it up best I could in it's fat bubble envelope, and addressed this am, whilst on the phone,lol so was ready to go, (go westward young package!) when I went! I do so hope she likes what i put in extra for her, post office said bout a week for delivery, so heads up _________!! It's on it's way to your neck of the woods. I wish my flower garden had some of those colors it it, that would be heavenly!  Take care and until later, keep cool!

cool, just sayin, it's a neat book, gonna put it on destashing soon, it came today, and it is the one I already have, lol I suspected that, but wasn't sure till it came, I just peeped open a corner of the bubble bag it came in, and saw the cover, today in the car, sooooo it will be going up, I paid 12 for it, and postage will be probably 5, or 6, unless I can get it media mail, never did that before, is that cheaper?? anyway, figure on about 18.00 bucks, and it's yours, some lucky person, pm me, lol     New they are more than 24 for the book, as I recall, but research it, and let me know if I am asking an ok price..I won't open the package and tape up that corner, so, it's still deliverable in it's own packing!   If no bites here, I will certainly do a destashing thread, it's a great book, you are right honex!    thanks all, have nice day, gonna be hot here too Kuddles, but tomorrow, will be better!!!!!!!

Media mail is much cheaper. A book like that may run you $3 or $4 to ship. I will gladly take that book off your hands, regardless of the shipping charges! Sending you a PM now. :)

Media mail is much cheaper. A book like that may run you $3 or $4 to ship. I will gladly take that book off your hands, regardless of the shipping charges! Sending you a PM now. :)

You beat me! I will order off Amazon. I don't have any granny squares books because I want to go off others' recommendations.

Well, I plan to send my Free for All package at the very last minute. I'm bad! I always find more things I wish I had sent with swaps. This gives me plenty of time to add more and more. It's only in the low 80's today in L.A. I had to leave home because it's an igloo thanks to my brother. I'm going back now. See why I can't store my sweaters in the summer? :lol

my pkg. is headed down the interstate,onto the hwy,maybe a counrty lane or two

should reach its destination Thurs. or Friday.

cool, you and I both send out our goodies today!! Lets see who's gets to its new destination first!!! GO! lol

Ill try to get it media mail, and if I charge too much for postage, i will certainly refund the extra.. Wait and see huh mandymae, i pm'd back but need your email to send a request at pay pal, also included my email for the payment, lemme know if you need anything else. thanks Mandy! The book is so pretty,color pics,and so many to chose from!

You beat me! I will order off Amazon. I don't have any granny squares books because I want to go off others' recommendations.

Well, I plan to send my Free for All package at the very last minute. I'm bad! I always find more things I wish I had sent with swaps. This gives me plenty of time to add more and more. It's only in the low 80's today in L.A. I had to leave home because it's an igloo thanks to my brother. I'm going back now. See why I can't store my sweaters in the summer? :lol

It is a fun book, I had bought one, now I remember at a so much percentage off sale at one of the craft and yarn stores, but forgot about it, lol and pu t it up with the rest. When doing an inventory of my collection of books, i realized, uh oh, I just ordered this one AGAIN, dang!! well not to fret, as I think we have a buyer in mandymae, but if she changes her mind, I will certainly keep you in mind Maria! thanks for the interest!

I feel better now, that it will find a home, I worry about my yarnie good things you know. lol

Ok, very hot here today, broke a record, 101, old record, Sept last year, 96. Huh....

Global warming is creeping up on us folks!!!!!

The flowers I was going to put in pots on the deck, will wait till tomorrow....watered them down good and they are in the shade, so will survive the heat.

Got a lot done today, surprised the hec outta me even! lol Cleaned out one whole line of top cupboards, with the etched glass fronts, where you can see the pretties, lol wine glasses, that are seldom used, ice cream sundae flutes, fancy mugs, and christmas glasses, lol along with all the daily stuff too, got them are washed, some hadn't been touched since I moved here six years ago, lol  so feel good about that, got all the laundry off the floor in my bedroom folded and put away, I kicked it off last night, on a clean sheet, just didn't have the energy to fold it then, did today.

Then went out to the local bakery, got some fresh breads, and rolls, and to the post office of course to mail out _____'s package, and then home, and did more straightening up and Im done now for the day, lol

The kick off is on dancing tonight, Ill make my prediction for anyone that might watch, Inga is going, just my opinion. The other three or four left, are all so oooo good!

I've done the same thing, Katie.  I had two of the slip stitch crochet books and I currently have two children't crochet books.  There have been more, but I figure they make good swap gifts.  I'm glad you got yours placed quickly :)

Anyone watching the new Star Trek movie this weekend?  I'm going with my friends.  It's the IMAX 3D one.  I can hardly wait!  I watched the previous one last night and am playing an encore tonight.  I will be ready!

ha, well then not only I make those kinds of boo boo's huh, good to hear. ah well, right. Id like to see star trek, when I was a kid, I loved the tv show, and then have seen I think all of the movies so far, so it is on my list! Have fun!! I remember standing in line with my dd years ago, to see either Harry Potter, or Lords of the Ring, one of the two, ......sheesh!!

ha, well then not only I make those kinds of boo boo's huh, good to hear. ah well, right. Id like to see star trek, when I was a kid, I loved the tv show, and then have seen I think all of the movies so far, so it is on my list! Have fun!! I remember standing in line with my dd years ago, to see either Harry Potter, or Lords of the Ring, one of the two, ......sheesh!!

I've stood in line for all of them but without kids :lol  I have enough with just me and my friends ;)

Archived