Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mandymae, ouch! I hope your eye is back to normal soon. They're painful and so annoying.

Snowflake, I sent you a friend request :-)

Disneyland was open for 24 hours, and some friends were there from the moment it opened yesterday. It's called Monstrous Night, I think. They go every year. I would have collapsed in a ride!

The Purse and Tote Swap is open for sign-ups!

I'm still waiting and also waiting for my puffy to reach its new home. Fingers crossed it will get there soon. :)

Still waiting here too! It's just been a couple of days since I mailed out tho, so not time to worry just yet! 

This is getting exciting!!! Oh by the by, just got a pm note fro Estee, she is recovering fine, and hasn't crocheted much, but doing ok, and expecting to be home on the 29th, so I would think whomever has her, could send out on that day at least.....

I haven't recieved my FFA package either, and Bgs package is waiting ever so impatiently, sometimes, I swear i hear it krinkling behind me, but when I turn around, it's still in the craft room, biding it's time.........innocently sitting there, and thoroughly upholding this Don't open till June thing, almost taunting me at times.......,,sighhhhhhh         lol .

Hope all those away this weekend stay safe, and have a good time, and all those at home, stay safe, and have a good time too, lol I think tomorrow, I may redo my yarn stash, see what I am low on, and then on MOnday, i would think Hobby Lobby would be open on Monday, yes??? anyway, then when i have nothing to do on Monday, maybe Ill run over there, and browse, and take my time, might even set up a tent in the parking lot, who knows. lol    

Hope all those away this weekend stay safe, and have a good time, and all those at home, stay safe, and have a good time too, lol I think tomorrow, I may redo my yarn stash, see what I am low on, and then on MOnday, i would think Hobby Lobby would be open on Monday, yes??? anyway, then when i have nothing to do on Monday, maybe Ill run over there, and browse, and take my time, might even set up a tent in the parking lot, who knows. lol    

I'm guessing they'd be open on Monday, but probably limited hours. I actually need to make a craft store run...I need white RHSS. I swore I had a skein, but I can't find it for anything!

Mandymae, ouch! I hope your eye is back to normal soon. They're painful and so annoying.

Oh Mandy!  I have never had a stye before but I heard they are painful!  Hope the swelling goes down soon for you.  My eyes swell when the allergies are terrible, which is almost all the time down here.  I had to stop wearing contacts a number of years ago because my left eye weeps all the time during allergy season and I couldn't see.  I had to go buy glasses as I hadn't had any in about 10 years. Now that is all I wear is glasses.  Be safe when you are driving!

Thanks, ladies! I had one back in college and my eye was nearly swollen shut then! It's not quite THAT bad this time, but definitely super painful. I made a trip to Target this morning and ended up super dizzy from driving in my glasses, so I cancelled my plans for the the evening (since they required about a 40 mile drive) and I'm just crocheting and watching TV. 

I never thought of using sheets to make curtains! I've used sheets to back quilts, but curtains didn't occur to me. Sheets are *much* easier to find than curtains! Picked up some Stitch Witchery at JoAnn today too, with that idea in mind, so that I don't have to do so much sewing when I finally find something. :D

Hey, if they've wanted it, they know they want it, then there's not an issue. And you're probably right that this will help develop your trust relationship! I never thought of it that way, but it's true.

(Now, the woman my husband and I saw at the mall last weekend, getting the ears pierced of a little girl who could not have been more than two, who was crying and screaming "NO!" and holding her hands over her ears.... *growl* I literally had to start running through the mall to get away from the cries before I lost it and went back and punched that woman in the face.)

I know I'm a little behind on this but my sister has made some GORGEOUS curtains out of bed sheets! 

Mandy I hope your eye gets better.  Anything around the eyes is just no fun.

WE GOT A HOUSE THIS WEEK!  My week has been so crazy, but we went back and looked at our favorite house a second time and decided to put an offer in on it.  We spent most of Wednesday negotiating only to have them finally decide on our original offer.  I'm so excited, though we're not closing until July.  Is it July yet???  I'm already debating whether I want the 3rd bedroom or the laundry room to be my craft room.  They're both about the same size. 

I've already got one square made for Katie, and a second one started... :)

yeah Abigail.  congrats to you!!!!!!!

Katy only a few more days!!!  you can do this!!! lol

I have been super busy this weekend.  Bought some fresh mustard greens, cooking them up and freezing them into individual serving bags.  Baked some ribs, portioned them out and froze and went and bought a flat of strawberries and doing the same for them.  some are sliced and some are gonna be whole.  I have some zucchini to do  yet as well.  I am pooped!!! lol

I have been super busy this weekend.  Bought some fresh mustard greens, cooking them up and freezing them into individual serving bags.  Baked some ribs, portioned them out and froze and went and bought a flat of strawberries and doing the same for them.  some are sliced and some are gonna be whole.  I have some zucchini to do  yet as well.  I am pooped!!! lol

My sister picked about 10lbs of strawberries yesterday, and I spent at least a half an hour today pulling the tops off them! About 3/4 is in the fridge, and the rest went into the freezer for future use :)

ETA: I finished the first square that will be going into Katie's June puffy! Yay! 

Congratulations on the house!! We're still looking. Went back today to look at one possibility we'd seen before, and... just didn't seem right. It's getting really discouraging. It doesn't help that we already found my dream house and my husband refuses to consider it because it's close to a creek and he's convinced one day the creek is going to flood and destroy everything. Sigh....

You waited until the offer was accepted to start debating which is going to be the craft room? I usually make that decision while we're walking through with the realtor, even when we don't make an offer! :D

Congratulations!  How exciting about the house!  Maybe both rooms could be craft rooms ;)

I made a square but was going to discard it.  I figured I'd post a picture in case anyone likes it.  It's about 10" square.  The edges are supposed to have butterflies if you can make them out.  I'm posting a picture with flash and without flash.

post-44469-0-58026500-1369562813_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-57614200-1369562817_thumb.jpg

oh maria, that is outstanding! such a colorful bright square, and so creative!! Good job! Yes, it's getting closer to June, but not near fast enough for me, and Puffy, as I call her..........

Poor baby with the eye sty, I Know that is so irritating to say the least.

Good going on the house!! Im sure if you think about it, you can use both rooms for your craft rooms, ha ha, one to work in, and one for storage!!!!!!!!!!! ba dum dum!!

Lisa, you tire me out reading about all the work you do!! lol

Grannyannie, hope you are having a nice restful weekend.

Dragnlady, I don't know about your parnter being out of town, want me to pm her??

Oh, almost there ladies, June is fast approaching! I had my hair trimmed the other week, so as not to over stress the June crown, lol 

Free For all, has been a wonderful change up, and if you all agree, we'll do it again, in the future as well!!

All for now, over and out, my doggie sits at the front windows, guarding my flowerbed from any and all  approaching rabbits, when she barks they run off, lol good girl GInger!!!!! My flowers are thriving in this rainy weather!! Don't wanna lose them now!

OHHHHHHHH  At 7:55 my FFA package reached the town it now lives in. and at 8:19 am it was sent out for delivery..so. barreing any  mishaps it should reach it's final destination today

It's me!!!!!  I got it!!!  Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!  I love everything!  We went to my nephew's graduation party yesterday and when we got home there was my package!  I was so thrilled. When I calmed down a bit, I took pics, then proceeded to download them to the computer and our INTERNET WAS OUT!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!  It stayed out all night.  I was so happy to see it back this morning so I could thank you and show my goodies.  Kristy sent me four beautiful squares, a hook case with two lovely pens inside and a roll of purple ribbon, and a very pretty journal that she wrote a very nice note in.  I love everything and especially the fact that she used purple, my favorite color.  Thank you so much! :hug

post-16860-0-75552100-1369585602_thumb.jpgpost-16860-0-56820900-1369585637_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing they'd be open on Monday, but probably limited hours.

I work part time at Michael's and we are open tomorrow.  I have to work

Archived