Katchkan's Irish Crochet Purse pattern tested

swapnae

I've seriously mauled this pattern for Katchkan, and she has been very patiently pointing out where I misunderstood.:blush At all hours of the day and night!

A very challenging and intricate pattern, and my finished product doesn't do it justice, but here it is, front and back: It is actually cream not yellow

42257141_d0b368d75e_m.jpg

42256894_d56d160630_m.jpg

Thank you so much for letting me work on this, Kathy, I've learned so much doing this!:hug

Your purse is great.:yay Thanks so much for helping me iron out the kinks on this pattern. I did put a few Stumbling blocks in your way.:think Wonder were I was when I wrote parts of that pattern? :eek Hopefully we have them all corrected. It was a complicated pattern to write. The final has been simplified to just one design on both sides. So Swapna has a special one. You where great at pointing out what I needed to change about my instructions. :hook That's what makes you testers so darn important.:hug Thanks once again, and Great job. :rose

Just gotta ask: How many ends did you have to weave in? I'm guessing: lots!

Millions!!!:eek But Kathy gave really good advice in her pattern to weave ends in as you worked, and although normally I don't follow such advice:blush, this time I knew I had to, to survive! So it wasn't quite so bad:D

:fameThank you all so much!

Beautiful! I love it!

Will we be seeing this pattern here soon, or will you be selling it? Either way, I'd love to make one. ^_^

Keep up the good work, Kathy. ^_^

(Btw, I finished the snood, but I've been so busy I couldn't take a pic yet. I will soon. ^_^)

I'm stunned!!!! What an amazing project, so intricate! I love the pattern and love your rendition. Looks like something from an Edith Wharton novel (like Age of Innocence!).

Sigh.

It really would make someone feel like a debutante!:clap

As the designer of this purse It is so wonderful to see such a nice job done with my pattern.:rose Swapna is a great tester I appreicitate her immensely.

Now to answer all of you who have inquired after the pattern I feel I owe you an update. Swapna did test one. ( Beautiflully) I have revised the pattern and made it simpler, to make it more enjoyable. Dennymare is testing out my revisions.:D So it isn't done quite yet.

I do plan on trying to submit this pattern to be published. I would really like to see if my stuff is good enough to be published. So this is a big test for me. :scaredI am getting really nervous about the whole idea.:eek But I made a promise to myself to try and I plan to do just that. :sweat

I do appreciate all the encouragement so Thanks everyone. :hook

Hehe, good idea. I would BUY this pattern, especially if it got you and your talent recognized for what it is: Beautiful, unique, artistic...I could go on, but you get the idea. ^_^ I hope you get published. ^_^

As for the 2 different patterns (1 complex and one simpler), would you publish both? I would love to try them both. I like the idea of complex, challenging projects. ^_^

Keep up the beautiful work. ^_^

Nuu ^_^

Archived