2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorting and donating yarn earlier this week sure helped. In addition returned 3 skeins not needed for project and used 2 skeins and 1 ball for a total of:

Week ending 3/17:

WTD: +47, YTD: 104

Went to hobby lobby and got the yarn for the sweetheart ripple afghan I'll be making to enter into our local fair in October. I also replaced all my hooks with bamboo handle hooks so I'll quit getting blisters on my pinky when I crochet a lot (which is pretty much every day).

These are the colors for the sweetheart ripple, white is the main color and then the other colors will make up the heart rows:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1332027403.jpg

Soooo,

For the week ending 3-17-12

WTD: -18 / ytd: -23

The kids have kept me hopping this week! Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!

I did use up a skein on the Bernat CAL this week, and donated a ball... :) So my total for

Week Ending 3-17-2012 is...

WTD +3 / YTD +73

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!! We're heading over to a friend's house for a summer-time campfire, since apparently it's summer here in Michigan now... :think

:hug

Well, I haven't gotten as much done as I would have liked this week due to getting DH ready to leave for Germany today. I also bought 12 skeins today for a baby afghan test pattern that I'm working on. I bought more than I'll need to make sure that have enough of each color. I also bought 4 skeins of cotton earlier this week. All the buying puts me at -32

Now for what I've used up. I used up 2 skeins today alone, plus I finished off 1 skein on the CAL. I also ended up having to throw out 5 balls of yarn that my sweet kitties decided were to be their play toys and destroyed for me. Thankfully, they were not really big balls, so I wasn't too upset. So that's a postive 10. Subtract that from what I bought this week & that puts my score this week at:

WTD -22 / YTD -12

I'd like to join this. After going through my bins the other day, it's not a lot compared to others but for me it is. I have about 10 projects to finish up and they're all just there. I'd love to have everything done and gone before the end of the year.

Melissa

Hi! I'm new here and saw this great CAL and thought I'd join! I have so much yarn already that I just never seem to use use up. Now I'll have an incentive to use it!!!

:welcome

I'd like to join this. After going through my bins the other day, it's not a lot compared to others but for me it is. I have about 10 projects to finish up and they're all just there. I'd love to have everything done and gone before the end of the year.

Melissa

Adding you to the list. Welcome!

:manyheart

I'm new around here, but I would like to join

Added you to the list on page #6. Welcome!

Here we go:

Using up the yarn:

pineknott: +53 gold medal

Needle Arts: +47 silver medal

CLLinda: +14 tied for bronze

Braxxi: +14 tied for bronze

lhasaapsolady: +12

walker1021: +11

Ellie 13: +7

FrLopLady: +5

Yarn geek: +4

PBLKNP: +4

dragonpuck: +3

crabbyrat: +3

MouseCLP: +3

BigPinkPolkaDot: +1

tnkycrochetnut: +1

Keeping it even:

fc1123: 0

cshort: 0

Adding to the stash:

Bubbe: -1

Ravenaier: -4

Jennifer seven: -6

TurtleLvr: -9

cris: -16

prettywoman030981: -18

sahm2g1b: -22

Kraftynkrazy: -22

And the shoot the moon winner for week ending March 17, 2012 is...

greyhoundgrandma: -36

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:yay:dance:woo:yarn

Great job on the scorekeeping, Jennifer. It's nice to see so many people reporting on how they did for the week.

Archived