2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Finished four baby afghans in the last two days ... only knocked off two skeins though. That brings my total to something like +28 or something. Really need to check and update my signature. :P I do better at finishing up skeins when I make giant granny squares instead of cute, little baby afghans!

Okay, procrastinated enough ... need to get back to using up yarn! :crocheting:hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting Maybe I can get a couple of skeins used up this evening and figure out something to do with the left over soft yarn ... maybe a blanket stitch baby afghan! :oops That's right! Start another project! In addition to the other forty, fifty, sixty, or whatever number of projects that are sitting around begging to be completed! :devil

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops. Went to work with money in my pocket tonight. :eek AND, bernat super value was on sale for 2 for 5, and fun fur on sale for 3 for 10.

So, I came home with 13 skeins, so - 26.

I might have used 6 balls or so the past 2 weeks I think. I don't know because I forget to keep track of them. :blush

So I am at -20 for the week. But I have more yarn to play with:crocheting

Just read what I posted in this thread yesterday. It's true I finished a beanie but I was using RHSS Plum Pudding and Light Orchid. Not the Petal Pink that I said in yesterday's post. Where was my brain? I have started a cap using the "Anything But Drab" pattern my Marie Ann St. James/Ldyjarhead. There is a link to the pattern on CPC. I am using RHSS Honeydew. Its a pale green color. As usual when I start a new pattern it takes me longer and usually I have to frog it several times before I am comfortable with what I am doing.

Haven't got much crocheting done. I did a little yesterday morning, but then I started cleaning yesterday afternoon, then we went shopping and I bought myself an iPad and played with that for like 4 hours last night before I finally went to bed at midnight. I totally meant to work on the blue star shell blanket last night after the kids went to bed, but the iPad had my attention instead! Guess I just have to make up for it today! I've almost got 3 skeins down to balls on the blankets, and I used up some little balls of cotton up (I think 2 more) on bracelets. :) So I should be at like +3 right now and should be +6 by tonight! :D:cheer

My totals are SO going to be out of control this week! Between my shipment of the yarn for the Bernat Mystery CAL and the yarn for the Special Olympics scarves, I'm going to definitely be in the negative. I'm going to wait to post my totals until the last possible minute on Saturday!

:lol :lol :lol

Okay...who got the flyer from Joann's with the crochet-covered bicycle? :lol

I got my flyer today, the cover is cute.

I used up a skein working on a baby afghan, hope to get through another this weekend.

I'm posting my scores tonight. I don't think I'll use anymore up tomorrow and not sure if I can post tomorrow.

WTD +27

YTD +46

I only bought 5 skeins yesterday....... I still have some buying room LOL thanks ladies ;)
you are welcome. And you have even more room now!

My totals are SO going to be out of control this week! Between my shipment of the yarn for the Bernat Mystery CAL and the yarn for the Special Olympics scarves, I'm going to definitely be in the negative. I'm going to wait to post my totals until the last possible minute on Saturday!

:lol :lol :lol

And the race is on and here comes pride in the backstreach...sorry old song...but I'll race you!! 11 more skeins from the most fantastic Joanns store in the PNW. 2 shrot aislesand 2 long aisles and a huge wall...wow...

I think that makes me a nice -40 :cheer

:cheer:yay

I'm so proud of myself. Went to Hobby Lobby, Micheals, and Walmart and bought NO YARN! In fact, I haven't bought any yarn for myself ALL YEAR!!! :eek

Andddddd... I even had tax refund money with me when I did it! :faint

Well, enough bragging/complaining... haven't used anything up yet this week yet either, but there is always tomorrow before scores are due. :lol

Just read what I posted in this thread yesterday. It's true I finished a beanie but I was using RHSS Plum Pudding and Light Orchid. Not the Petal Pink that I said in yesterday's post. Where was my brain? I have started a cap using the "Anything But Drab" pattern my Marie Ann St. James/Ldyjarhead. There is a link to the pattern on CPC. I am using RHSS Honeydew. Its a pale green color. As usual when I start a new pattern it takes me longer and usually I have to frog it several times before I am comfortable with what I am doing.

I'd love to see a pic of it. I found a skein of Honeydew in my stash (where did that come from? I don't remember buying that!), and am thinking of things to do with it.

I haven't goten much done past Superbowl Sunday, so I'll close this week with a

+4

Whelp - my score wasn't this bad until I went to HL and got 6 more skeins for my state fair project. DOH!

Hopefully I'll see a positive next week.

On the flip side, this is the first negative I've had all year.

WTD -17 / YTD +14

Came down with a cold overnight. So I'm posting my score and heading back to bed.:sick:sleep:sick

Wtd=+9 Ytd=+8

:manyheart

Archived