CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to start thinking about the next giveaway. Got to go get my big bag of stuff and figure out what's up next. :hook

Here's what I'm working on today.

PROJECT ONE:

I've finally figured out how to make a two-color ruffle scarf using regular crochet stitches, instead of using the knooking technique.

As soon as I get the scarf finished so I can take pictures, I'll be making a pattern available.

[ATTACH]46404[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]46405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46406[/ATTACH]

PROJECT TWO:

I want to make a ruffle scarf using this yarn. Unlike the other brand that comes all flat and smooth, this Bernat yarn comes all folded up. I'm having to stretch it out flat and wrap it around cardboard so it will be easier to work with.

Got to finish winding off the yarn!

[ATTACH]46407[/ATTACH]

Can't wait until your pattern is available. I love those ruffle scarves. :yes

Let me know how the Bernat ribbon yarn works out. It was nice to see some less expensive ribbon yarn available. It makes gift giving those cool scarves easier.

Did everyone notice? Teakaycee has a CROCHETVILLE COFFEE MUG in her photo! How cool is that!

Awesome mug! I want the crochetville hoodie. My fiancee may (crosses fingers) get it for me for Christmas!

Oh how neat! I want one of each now... Uh oh!

Can't wait until your pattern is available. I love those ruffle scarves. :yes

Let me know how the Bernat ribbon yarn works out. It was nice to see some less expensive ribbon yarn available. It makes gift giving those cool scarves easier.

I'm curious how that stuff works. I'm still leery about trying it. :think

The entries are coming in fast and furious!

It's really cool using Google docs for this. I can have the data page open and the spreadsheet lines just automatically fill in as the entries come in.

That's cool.

Oh how neat! I want one of each now... Uh oh!

I'm curious how that stuff works. I'm still leery about trying it. :think

I made this scarf with the Trendsetter ribbon yarn. It's fairly easy to work with. You just crochet with the little thread at the top of the yarn, not the actual ribbon part.

post-28827-135897703703_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897703707_thumb.jpg

I made this scarf with the Trendsetter ribbon yarn. It's fairly easy to work with. You just crochet with the little thread at the top of the yarn, not the actual ribbon part.

Ooooh...that's really pretty! Does it come out two sided or are the ruffles only on one side?

The winner of Giveaway #1, 365 Crochet Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar is . . .

:yay RobynBushta!!!! :yay

Congratulations, Robyn!!!

Wow! That's really neat!

Ooooh...that's really pretty! Does it come out two sided or are the ruffles only on one side?

Yes, very beautiful scarf.. and inquiring minds do want to know about those ruffles! LOL

The winner of Giveaway #1, 365 Crochet Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar is . . .

:yay RobynBushta!!!! :yay

Congratulations, Robyn!!!

Congratulations Robyn! That's an awesome prize!!

Hmmm...

decisions decisions...

I was planning to run out and grab some groceries today, and I have a football game to go to later this evening to watch my son march with the marching band...

So now I'm considering getting the groceries tomorrow!!! :lol

Congrats to Robyn on the prize; I have one and I love the variety of stitches in it!!

To everyone - as pretty much everyone has said thus far - HAPPY I LOVE YARN DAY!

Archived