CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

That's beautiful! I'm not a fan of bright green clothing, and I have to say that is one pretty jacket! :D

Thank you! Green is my favorite color. It's not quite as bright as it appears in the picture, but it's definitely not a soft green.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy I Love Yarn Day crocheters!

It is so nice reading how much fun you are having today! Last night we had our craft monthly meeting, Katie’s cozy craft corner, in Amsterdam and shared with everybody the I Love Yarn Day event. To celebrate we were teaching crochet and having some special discounts all week long!

BTW, they have amazing cupcakes! If you come here sometime don’t miss it!

Crochet and enjoy!

:cheer

post-48565-135897703748_thumb.jpg

As a previous poster said, Red Heart Shimmer is quite soft especially considering the metallic thread running throughout the yarn. I made this jacket out of Shimmer. The color is "Lime". The metallic thread is nice because it's not over bearing and gives a nice look of light throughout. One of my favs!

That jacket is so pretty. I like the lacy look. Do you know where the pattern is from?

I've had a couple people ask if they can donate something for the giveaways today. Since this party is an "official" Crochetville event, I'd prefer all giveaway items within the thread today to be something we can send out ourselves. So we really can't accept donations of physical items, since I need to have them in-hand to be able to ship them out.

However, if you have digital items that you'd like to donate, there's a way we can make that work. We have to respect copyright laws, so I'm afraid we can only accept donations from the copyright holder of any digital items.

But if you're a designer and you'd like to donate a digital copy of a pattern you have available for sale, please send it to me via email to amyshelton AT crochetville DOT org. Then send me a PM to let me know what it is you've sent. It would be helpful if in the email you could include either a photo that I can put in the giveaway post or a link to a page on your site with the photo (and permission for me to use the photo).

Thanks to those who have wanted to participating by being in the donation spirit!

Okay you all are making it hard to get any work done here. I am too busy reading posts.

Great work everyone who has posted pictures. :hug Hope you don't mind a group hug. :hug But I really do need to get busy here..... This is just too much fun...

Yea! I finished my first 2011 special olympic scarf. :cheer I have another started but not liking the way I started it. :bang So when I saw the first give away I remembered my 365 crochet.. book. After some searching through my totes I found it so now to start :crocheting a second scarf. :yes

post-51684-135897703751_thumb.jpg

Got my cotton coffee cozies done. Hmm. Wish I had some Starbucks to go with it. :lol

They look great!

Actually, I lied! I have until Christmas to get that blanket done! I think I will go grab the breast cancer awareness skeins I got on clearance last year, and make a scarf!

Hooking for a cure! Way to go!

As a previous poster said, Red Heart Shimmer is quite soft especially considering the metallic thread running throughout the yarn. I made this jacket out of Shimmer. The color is "Lime". The metallic thread is nice because it's not over bearing and gives a nice look of light throughout. One of my favs!

WOW that sure is a pretty jacket!

I am at work and my partner in crime is sitting behind me just yarning away. She is a member on this site, but she isn't on if very often. So I thought if she saw her picture on it and you all gave her a shout out we could get her to visit more often. Her name is Jean.

:hi Jean

Love YA

Hi Jean! You should come play with us!

here are links to a few pics ive taken today :)

Can you guess where we are????

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308859_10150351108688328_710368327_7864715_1239601018_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/307244_10150351110038328_710368327_7864717_1282219277_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296041_10150351111968328_710368327_7864721_1847759951_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309760_10150351144458328_710368327_7864898_2138164560_n.jpg

(gotta love the Slurpee machine :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294598_10150351146773328_710368327_7864913_1566543934_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/302664_10150351240278328_710368327_7865402_731767295_n.jpg

KatieBug wearing a crocheted bag I made for her, and it has her yarn and hooks in it :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293503_10150351240943328_710368327_7865410_805941860_n.jpg

My yarn im using today in a crocheted bag that I made a while back, dont mind the foot :)

Ahh 7-11! Love the pictures! Keep them coming!

Everyone has been very busy and everything looks so nice. I missed the first give away but I got my entry in for the second. I'll check back again in a little while, have to go do some work.

Thank you! Green is my favorite color. It's not quite as bright as it appears in the picture, but it's definitely not a soft green.

:lol Well, it is lovely - and I entered for the Shimmer yarn in Pewter because that's one of my favorite colors! hee hee

Yea! I finished my first 2011 special olympic scarf. :cheer I have another started but not liking the way I started it. :bang So when I saw the first give away I remembered my 365 crochet.. book. After some searching through my totes I found it so now to start :crocheting a second scarf. :yes

Looks great!

Almost 100 people have entered the drawing for the Shimmer yarn. Let's see if we can get it up to over 100 in the next 19 minutes! :clap

But if you're a designer and you'd like to donate a digital copy of a pattern you have available for sale, please send it to me via email to amyshelton AT crochetville DOT org. Then send me a PM to let me know what it is you've sent. It would be helpful if in the email you could include either a photo that I can put in the giveaway post or a link to a page on your site with the photo (and permission for me to use the photo).

Thanks to those who have wanted to participating by being in the donation spirit!

Amy, After reading this I emailed you photos to post that go along with the pattern that I sent you. Permission given to use photos. :hook

I just entered. I love Shimmer yarn. I am trying to finish my lapghan of the flamingo from Yellowhouse. I just finish sewing the last row & am working on the 3 row border. If I get that finished am going to start on a bedspread for my yorkies bed using Christal yorkie pride square. I love it. Love CAL's.

I just entered. I love Shimmer yarn. I am trying to finish my lapghan of the flamingo from Yellowhouse. I just finish sewing the last row & am working on the 3 row border. If I get that finished am going to start on a bedspread for my yorkies bed using Christal yorkie pride square. I love it. Love CAL's.

I'd love to see it!

I'm here to join the party! :cheer

I finished all the heart squares yesterday for my friends bed/ghan...i didn't want to make it queen bedspread size and she wanted it bigger than an afghan and to cover her bed....we compromised and the "bed/ghan" concept was created and is now ready for joining. DH is coming home for lunch so I will get busy joining immediately after! :hook I'll post some pics too :yes

:jumpyayHappy I Love Yarn Day! everyone!!

I am working on the "Simply Irresistible" shawl crochet pattern by Red Heart in pink! I am so happy that I am actually able to do this one!!

I am halfway done, and it looks just like the picture!! I have the hardest time reading patterns so this makes me :woo

This is what it looks like! :)

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/pattern-correction-simply-irresistible-shawl

Archived