CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

Just popped in between my dinner out with my wonderful hubby and waiting for my ride for the Adoorable Basket Party I'm going to! I wish she was picking me up later than 6:00 so I could get in on the next give away :blush Oh well! It's fun seeing what everyone is working on today too!

Have fun everyone!

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the scarf! I agree that cheating on dinner sounds good. Maybe I'll get lucky and my fiancee will cook :lol Or run and get something. I could hope anyway. Well, I've temporarily given up on the Bougainvillea Handbag. I think my brain is just to tired for it! I have to add a butterfly to one of the coffee cozies I made earlier so I think I get that done instead. Patiently waiting until the next giveaway!

I've not the slightest, but I think it's a nifty idea! Hopefully you get some help from one of the super ladies here that can wing stuff like that!

I finished one BCA scarf!! :woo

[ATTACH]46481[/ATTACH]

Now to weave in the couple of ends...

Very nice scarf! :cheer

Aww you're all very sweet! Thanks so much for the kind words! Now to find that scarf a loving home! :manyheart

OOOOOH anxiously awaiting the next giveaway! What, oh what, could Amy's magic bag of goodies have left in it?! :think

GIVEAWAY #4

Time: 6:30 to 8:30 9:00 PM CDT (7:30 to 9:30 10:00 PM EDT)---end time extended half an hour due to technical issues with starting the giveaway

What: 4 different things.

1. All About Crochet: The Dictionary of Crochet Stitches and Techniques by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss

IMG_0941.jpg

2. Annie's Hook and Needle Kit Club Felted Kitchen Helpers

IMG_0942.jpg

3. The Perfect Pillow pattern booklet by Mary Beth Temple, Susan Bates Split-Lock Stitch Count Markers and Susan Bates Steel Yarn Needles

IMG_0943.jpg

4. 1 skein Berroco Weekend yarn and 1 size J Susan Bates Bamboo Handle Crochet Hook

IMG_0944.jpg

We will select four winners: one for each set of items.

How to Enter: Click here to go to entry form. (You will only be able to access form during the time listed above.)

I'm new and confused how this site works. It's 1212am here in England. I'm about ready for bed. So there are givaways going on now? Or is there something going on on Friday?

I'm a military wife stationed overseas. I was wondering if anyone can tell me some good places to shop online for yarn? I need to learn my way around this site. Thanks for your help!

GIVEAWAY #4

Time: 6:30 to 8:30 PM CDT (7:30 to 9:30 EDT)

What: 4 different things.

1. All About Crochet: The Dictionary of Crochet Stitches and Techniques by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss

[ATTACH]46482[/ATTACH]

2. Annie's Hook and Needle Kit Club Felted Kitchen Helpers

[ATTACH]46483[/ATTACH]

3. The Perfect Pillow pattern booklet by Mary Beth Temple, Susan Bates Split-Lock Stitch Count Markers and Susan Bates Steel Yarn Needles

[ATTACH]46484[/ATTACH]

4. 1 skein Berroco Weekend yarn and 1 size J Susan Bates Bamboo Handle Crochet Hook

[ATTACH]46485[/ATTACH]

We will select four winners: one for each set of items.

How to Enter: Click here to go to entry form. (You will only be able to access form during the time listed above.)

Seriously drooling over all of these!!!

I'm new and confused how this site works. It's 1212am here in England. I'm about ready for bed. So there are givaways going on now? Or is there something going on on Friday?

I'm a military wife stationed overseas. I was wondering if anyone can tell me some good places to shop online for yarn? I need to learn my way around this site. Thanks for your help!

The giveaways are going on now. I don't know if anything 'official' is going on tomorrow. You're almost half a day behind us but the interweb doesn't adjust for that lol! :) You should stay up a tad bit longer and enter!

one more question, how do i see when people answer my questions? Do I have to keep coming back to check to see if anyone replied?

Yes luvstocrochet, there are giveaways going on now, well in about 15 minutes the next one begins. Amy is in the central time zone here in the US, which is about 6 hours behind your time. The I Love Yarn day officially ends at midnight central time if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure about the online resources..

If you aren't subscribed to the thread by email, yes you will have to come back and check to see if your questions have been answered.

Hope this helps! And welcome to Crochetville!

Coo-ee! I love that crochet hook lol. And the dictionary looks like quite a heck of a prize! Ty to Crochetville and Amy! She's awesome.

I hope everyone else has had more time to crochet today than I have! Between managing this party, getting my new iPhone set up, getting things together for my team for a local breast cancer walk, and getting ready for an impromptu trip to the beach tomorrow, it's been a busy, busy day!!!!

Oh, well, it's a 7 hour drive to the beach, and I plan on getting lots of crocheting done then!

I order my online yarn from Herrschners or directly from Redheart.com.

I would totally LOVE #4!!! I would love all of them!

Okay, so, with DD#1 needing to make a bird feeder for a girl scout badge, and it being my DD#2's 3rd birthday today, I brought them to AC Moore... *shifty look*.....it's more than just YARN!!!!

I got DD#1 a kit to make a bird feeder, then we meandered over to the yarn section...I swear it wasn't purposefully.... *shifty look* but then...I couldn't find anything that really screamed out at me. I wanted to do something different for ILY Day. I took the plunge and let DD#2 pick out the yarn...any yarn she wanted....for me to use in any pattern....

I ended up with a pounder of RHSS in red. And not just any red, but red red...you know the red....the blinding, eye bleeding, soul screaming red. So I'm going to make a winter set for myself out of it! Fingerless gloves, hat, scarf!

I've also ordered from Mary Maxim; but most recently I order from Joanns online and wow did I get my order quickly! I know you're overseas so you won't get it quite as quickly. :-) And I'm not 100% positive they ship to APO/AEO addresses, but I'm sure you can find that out quickly on their site.

Wow---those are great gifts--I love them all---and Susan Bates bamboo handled hooks are my fav!!!

You sure have been busy today Amy--thanks for putting this all together!! Have fun at the beach--and with 7 hours to get there- you sure should have plenty of time to crochet (provided you are not driving) LOL

Going to hang out till I can enter the giveaway, and then heading out for a fast trek to Michael's---Two of my co-workers gave me a gift certificate for my birthday--and I have a coupon for 20% off purchase including sale items!!!

thank you going to look that up now. :-) Is there going to be anymore giveaways? Wonder if I can stay up any later. It's 1230 almost here in England. WHEW! I'd love to try to win something. :-)

There is one more giveaway in just a few minutes :)

Knitpicks is good for online shopping as is Joann's I don't know what the shipping cost overseas is though. Deramores is located in England- and I have ordered from them since it's free shipping to the US!! Again, not sure about the shipping charges would be for you. They have great service.

Welcome to the Ville!!!

Archived