CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knitpicks is good for online shopping as is Joann's I don't know what the shipping cost overseas is though. Deramores is located in England- and I have ordered from them since it's free shipping to the US!! Again, not sure about the shipping charges would be for you. They have great service.

Welcome to the Ville!!!

Oh my goodness - I can't believe I didn't mention KnitPicks! :oops

Its been fantastic! Just sad that I can't stay up and joining in the rest of the evening with you all. Its 0135 here now. I'm going to wait until this last giveaway if open and then sign off. Friendship square done so I'm happy with that. :)

Amy--Thanks so much for doing what you do!!! I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach. I love the beach! HOWEVER--the beaches in England are not like the ones in the states. I can't wait until I can come back to the states to go to a real beach. :-) It's getting cold over here in England. I'd love to have some nice warm sun to enjoy. :-)

I would totally LOVE #4!!! I would love all of them!

Okay, so, with DD#1 needing to make a bird feeder for a girl scout badge, and it being my DD#2's 3rd birthday today, I brought them to AC Moore... *shifty look*.....it's more than just YARN!!!!

I got DD#1 a kit to make a bird feeder, then we meandered over to the yarn section...I swear it wasn't purposefully.... *shifty look* but then...I couldn't find anything that really screamed out at me. I wanted to do something different for ILY Day. I took the plunge and let DD#2 pick out the yarn...any yarn she wanted....for me to use in any pattern....

I ended up with a pounder of RHSS in red. And not just any red, but red red...you know the red....the blinding, eye bleeding, soul screaming red. So I'm going to make a winter set for myself out of it! Fingerless gloves, hat, scarf!

OMGosh!!! :haha:laughroll:rofl:heehee

I've not laughed so hard in quite some time. TY for that!!

DH even got tickled with that post.

That has really made my day just that much more awesome!

:hug:D

will the posting of Amy's just all of a sudden show up or do we have to refresh? Also thanks ladies for all the great website suggestions. I'll have to check them out.

You'll need to refresh... :wink

Its been fantastic! Just sad that I can't stay up and joining in the rest of the evening with you all. Its 0135 here now. I'm going to wait until this last giveaway if open and then sign off. Friendship square done so I'm happy with that. :)

That's about where I am at. I've been crocheting more today than I have in a while. I'm kinda tired but really happy with what I got done and I had tons of fun seeing everything everyone else has done. Crocheters are awesome!

I took the plunge and let DD#2 pick out the yarn...any yarn she wanted....for me to use in any pattern....

I ended up with a pounder of RHSS in red. And not just any red, but red red...you know the red....the blinding, eye bleeding, soul screaming red. So I'm going to make a winter set for myself out of it! Fingerless gloves, hat, scarf!

Sounds like my kind of red!!!! I'm sure it will be an awesome set and I'd love to see how it comes out :)

skoggy where are u at? Germany? It's 1237am here in England. I'm trying to stay up to LOL!

I'm in Sweden. I'm originally from Oxford, UK, but moved here 3 years ago.

Re: beaches, I don't think even in the summer, the beaches here get super warm :haha It's already in the minus C degrees here at night.... and its only going to get worse. Brrrrrr! :wbrr

I can't get into the form either. Amy, I'm glad you get to take a trip to the beach! You deserve it after all you've done today.

Archived