CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm enjoying this very much!!

I just finished sock #1 of my 3rd pair of socks for ME. :hook

Love that sock. It looks warm.:clap :clap

Thought I would share some pictures of what I am working on today.

Have two projects currently going. One is a basic round ripple done in Homespun. I am using two colors one is called vintage and is golds, blues and olive green and the other is Holiday Homespun called starlight, a white with a beautiful gold metallic thread. Doing a stripe sequence of 6 rows A, 6 rows B, 2 rows A, 2 rows B throughout.

The other project I have going is a lacy little cardigan for me. Will have 3/4 length sleeves and will be about hip length with a simple drawstring tie. The yarn is Simply soft in truffle heather. I live in Southwest florida so the lacy pattern is perferct for our winters.

Thanks for looking and have a great I love yarn day!

Carlinda

Love them both! :yay :yay

I haven't picked up my hook since about 9am, and I'm on the same time the forum is :D But I DID find out that if I had the Round Rock, Texas Joann's near me full-time, I think I would just die of sheer happiness LOL

2 balls of Serenity Sock in Paprika

5 skeins of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Pinky Stripes for BCA

1 skein of RH Super Soft in Teal

2 thimbles for my mother

Clover Soft Touch hook in D

And I broke down and bought myself a copy of The Happy Hooker.

Then I bought my scarf swap partner some ________________ and ____________________ as extras. I think I'm almost done with the extras. Just gotta finish up on the scarf :D

I completed my round ripple that I've been working on for the last week. As soon as I get a chance, I'm either going to work on my lil' Christmas stockings or make a few coasters.

You scored big time! :lol

Right! Finally... :D

Here is what I have been working on for the last hour or so.

It is only the center panel and it is going to be my first Friendship-ghan square. I thought it would be nice to tie that and I Love Yarn Day together and this is what came of it:

[ATTACH]46477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46478[/ATTACH]

(I put a sheet of paper behind so you could see what the design was. Design by the Ville's Champygirl).

Very pretty square. :cheer :cheer

Here's what I'm working on today.

PROJECT ONE:

I've finally figured out how to make a two-color ruffle scarf using regular crochet stitches, instead of using the knooking technique.

As soon as I get the scarf finished so I can take pictures, I'll be making a pattern available.

[ATTACH]46404[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]46405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46406[/ATTACH]

PROJECT TWO:

I want to make a ruffle scarf using this yarn. Unlike the other brand that comes all flat and smooth, this Bernat yarn comes all folded up. I'm having to stretch it out flat and wrap it around cardboard so it will be easier to work with.

Got to finish winding off the yarn!

[ATTACH]46407[/ATTACH]

Oh My, oh my.. that ruffle scarf is scrumptious. Beautiful work!

Right! Finally... :D

Here is what I have been working on for the last hour or so.

It is only the center panel and it is going to be my first Friendship-ghan square. I thought it would be nice to tie that and I Love Yarn Day together and this is what came of it:

[ATTACH]46477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46478[/ATTACH]

(I put a sheet of paper behind so you could see what the design was. Design by the Ville's Champygirl).

Marvelous! I :heart it!

ROFL!!! Me too!! :lol I love having internet on my phone! It rocks :D

Technology is a beautiful thing sometimes!

skoggy its great! and a good idea too. love, hearts, yarn and friendship :)

Agreed!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/321250_1990349090332_1591519484_31611256_923451934_n.jpg

that's a 16 oz energy drink sitting next to it, so it's definitely getting there in height!

:woo Rock on!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/321250_1990349090332_1591519484_31611256_923451934_n.jpg

that's a 16 oz energy drink sitting next to it, so it's definitely getting there in height!

How cool :) Is that a Monster :lol I'm having a blue one now :lol

Wow, such pretty things have been posted!

Congrats to all the winners of the patterns! Those are all neat patterns and they should be fun for you all to work up :)

I had planned to stay glued to the couch and the computer today crocheting, but my sweet husband spontaneously decided he wanted to change the kitchen faucet out. We have always done home improvement projects together, so I got to help (hand him tools, apply plumbers putty, offer sympathy to his groans of misery under the sink, make 3 trips to the hardware store for him). It's all finished now and he even fixed the leak that I had under the sink! Yay for my sweetie!!!

Now that that is finished I am back to the couch with my hook and yarn <grin>

Wow, such pretty things have been posted!

Congrats to all the winners of the patterns! Those are all neat patterns and they should be fun for you all to work up :)

I had planned to stay glued to the couch and the computer today crocheting, but my sweet husband spontaneously decided he wanted to change the kitchen faucet out. We have always done home improvement projects together, so I got to help (hand him tools, apply plumbers putty, offer sympathy to his groans of misery under the sink, make 3 trips to the hardware store for him). It's all finished now and he even fixed the leak that I had under the sink! Yay for my sweetie!!!

Now that that is finished I am back to the couch with my hook and yarn <grin>

I get to be tool helper too :) actually, last week I even got to tar our roof over the addition :)

WooHoo....... Congrats to all the winners of all the giveaways so far!!!!

I'm home from getting my boys from school... and I'm ready to get back to some serious crocheting and playing along with you ladies! :hook

Lets see... .I should snap a pic of what I'm working on.

:heart

:mug

any ideas on the chipmunk cheeks? I think I'm going to make the ears on headbands.

I've not the slightest, but I think it's a nifty idea! Hopefully you get some help from one of the super ladies here that can wing stuff like that!

I finished one BCA scarf!! :woo

post-18684-135897703921_thumb.jpg

Now to weave in the couple of ends...

I've not the slightest, but I think it's a nifty idea! Hopefully you get some help from one of the super ladies here that can wing stuff like that!

[ATTACH]46481[/ATTACH]

OOh really nice :)

[ATTACH]46481[/ATTACH]

That is a very pretty scarf.

Well I'm back from the grocery store and picking up my son from a basketball meeting. Congrats to the winners of the patterns! :yay Now back to :crocheting. (Oh and I cheated for supper - - we got it from the stores deli section) :wink I decided to finish the scarf I had started that I wasn't liking. Its to close to being done to not try to tolerate it. :thair

Well I'm back from the grocery store and picking up my son from a basketball meeting. Congrats to the winners of the patterns! :yay Now back to :crocheting. (Oh and I cheated for supper - - we got it from the stores deli section) :wink I decided to finish the scarf I had started that I wasn't liking. Its to close to being done to not try to tolerate it. :thair

Cheating on dinner tonight sounds like a fab idea!!

Surely your scarf is beautiful! If you feel like you just "can't" stand it, I'll give it a home!

[ATTACH]46481[/ATTACH]

That is so pretty!

Finally home from work!!!! What a bear of a commute home!!!! We got a storm that passed through and traffic was a nightmare!!!! But, I'm home!!!!! And it's the weekend!!! And finally I can crochet.....

Lots of pretty projects being done throughout the day!!! And the giveaways have been awesome!!! Congratulations to all the winners.

Now to get something to eat for dinner and then come back with hook and yarn--started a scarf at lunch today!

Everyone's projects look so awesome. Such fun to share our passion with others.

Though I did make myself knuckle down and work seriously for the last hour. I have my swatch/prototype done now except for the trim work which I should be able to easily finish this evening. So I should make my goal for the day.

After that I can gawk all I want and not feel quilty.

Archived