CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

My husband and I spent about a month this summer camping at different lakes here in KY. That was quite fun, and I look forward to doing it again as soon as we can! The conveniences of a RV however, do sound nice!

When I say camping, I mean literally. No fancy campgrounds with facilities. Roughing it! I must say that I think I had more fun than ever before on our trip though.

Yeah, contrary to what my life looks like to others, I am NOT a camper! LOL Our motorhome is not a big fancy one, but I do have my own bathroom & kitchen (albeit a teeny, tiny one). And I nag both my hubby and teenager to wipe their feet when they come in!! :eek

Sometimes it can seem a little small - mostly when I'm trying to work on a new pattern or something and want to have a stitch dictionary and various yarns out to play with. Storage space is very much at a premium and I use the trunk of my little car for my yarn.

We are hoping to be able to upgrade to a larger rig - preferably a 5th wheel toyhauler - in the next couple of years. Which is why we do workkamping from time to time - it allows you to save some serious money. :-)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okie Dokie........off to get my boys from school............. I'll have my blackberry with me so I can keep playing along with everyone!:hook

:heart

:mug

First finished project today.

[ATTACH]46454[/ATTACH]

Now to that teddy bear.

I love that!

Good Afternoon every one:

Wow I'm sorry i'm a bit late for the party but I had a good time this morning i went to our local thrift shop and they had the nerve to have some crochet world issues free and the best thing is i dont have them so you know i grab them..

Then i looked in their other sale items section and found some crochet pattern leaflets and booklets for my fall yarn swap partner.....

Now i'm back home and I will be crocheting on some children hats to donate to Dorothysgirls for her charity...

So gonna grab my hooks and yarn and be back on here right aways

Dinner is done so i dont even got to do that yeah for left overs....

Lets keep having fun ladies

hugs

Lillibet

What a great haul! I love lucking up at thrift stores!

So, I got a couple of rows done on random projects and a few squares done for random projects.....I'm feeling kinda random today I guess. Can't seem to just stick to one thing :think

post-54115-135897703845_thumb.jpg

post-54115-135897703848_thumb.jpg

post-54115-135897703851_thumb.jpg

:sigh

I still love Yarn but could we do this again tomorrow because I am certainly not loving today. :haha

Only NOW have I managed to sit down with my project I chose for today. Baby has been sick all day and has hardly slept anything so was as grumpy as a moose with a hernia, husband hurts his back yesterday and it was worse today so has been a total grizzley (Bear is his nickname :P) and then.... to top it all off... whilst making dinner Bear got the frying pan out of the oven with some gorgeous chicken wrapped in bacon and a sauce, set the frying pain on the hot plate, got a drink of water, came back to the pan and grabbed the handle.... with no glove on! He has burnt most of his palm and fingers but won't go to the hospital... queue arguement. :bang

Jeez, please please please can we start I Love Yarn Day again so that I can have some fun. :cry:cry:cry

I know I am late, well at least for here ... but I thought I'd show off what I am working on now I have finally gotten my head around this pattern ... Phew ... the little grey cells have not been too co-operative...

Oh yes and I made the wrist warmers this morning ... :hook

post-34934-135897703854_thumb.jpg

So, I got a couple of rows done on random projects and a few squares done for random projects.....I'm feeling kinda random today I guess. Can't seem to just stick to one thing :think

Random is good though! Your projects are looking great!

Cute randomness! I always make it a point to hook in a random way. :lol

I know I am late, well at least for here ... but I thought I'd show off what I am working on now I have finally gotten my head around this pattern ... Phew ... the little grey cells have not been too co-operative...

Beautiful work!

Lovely! The doily is fabulous!

I still love Yarn but could we do this again tomorrow because I am certainly not loving today. :haha

Only NOW have I managed to sit down with my project I chose for today. Baby has been sick all day and has hardly slept anything so was as grumpy as a moose with a hernia, husband hurts his back yesterday and it was worse today so has been a total grizzley (Bear is his nickname :P) and then.... to top it all off... whilst making dinner Bear got the frying pan out of the oven with some gorgeous chicken wrapped in bacon and a sauce, set the frying pain on the hot plate, got a drink of water, came back to the pan and grabbed the handle.... with no glove on! He has burnt most of his palm and fingers but won't go to the hospital... queue arguement. :bang

Jeez, please please please can we start I Love Yarn Day again so that I can have some fun. :cry:cry:cry

Oh my gracious! So sorry that today isn't going so nicely for you! :hug I personally believe that I Love Yarn day is every day!

Sorry Emma!! :hugHow frustrating!

Sorry for the delay. I ran into problems activating my new iPhone 4S. But it's all taken care of now.

Here are the winners of our first four digital patterns of the day:

Simply Spiraled throw donated by Carlinda: bobcat72737

CP Chill Buster Scarves donated by Katchkan: Skatters

CP Pineapple Confections Afghan donated by Katchkan: Cathryn_Elisabeth

Gathered Tortoise Shells bag donated by Teakaycee: gtogirl1970

Congratulations, everyone! :yay I'll be emailing your patterns to you shortly.

Oh wow! Rough day all around for you. :hug

Sorry for the delay. I ran into problems activating my new iPhone 4S. But it's all taken care of now.

Here are the winners of our first four digital patterns of the day:

Simply Spiraled throw donated by Carlinda: bobcat72737

CP Chill Buster Scarves donated by Katchkan: Skatters

CP Pineapple Confections Afghan donated by Katchkan: Cathryn_Elisabeth

Gathered Tortoise Shells bag donated by Teakaycee: gtogirl1970

Congratulations, everyone! :yay I'll be emailing your patterns to you shortly.

Congrats all!!

Archived