CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

I finished something Yay :) I'm not sure about the button may change it to a flower instead. It's just my new hat pattern shrunk just FYI. Oh and it's a doll not a real baby laying on a dog crate :lol

Very cute...both the model and the hat.

P.S. I read this message two or three times and thought it said it was a baby...I guess I need to read more slowly.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll still have a few more drawings after this one. Maybe a couple of really fast-paced ones, to keep us awake as it gets late!

Here is my project for the day! Three juggleng balls and a pouch.

My son is getting a unicycle for Christmas, so now he can learn to juggle too!

(The real miracle of this Christmas is that he is NOT getting any video games or anything that requires batteries or a plug! AMAZING!)

That should be interesting...cute idea.

I have to make yet another run to the store: got to pick up cat food so they don't run out of food while we're gone at the beach and then stop by Subway for some sandwiches. I just don't have time to cook tonight!

I'll be out for about 30-45 minutes or so, but I'll be back well in advance of the giveaway closing out. :hook

What is your favorite hook brand and size of all time, and why? I'll give you my answer when I get back. :hook

I have to say that I am in LOVE with the Clover Soft Touch hooks, no matter the size, though I am partial to the I because of the way I hold the Clover hooks, I crochet more loosely so anything calling for a J, I usually use an I. I do love my G too, because of the amigurumi I make.

I love the Susan Bates aluminum with the bamboo handles. I really enjoy how they feel in my hands. I've got a whole bunch, in different sizes.

:manyheart

What is your favorite hook brand and size of all time, and why? I'll give you my answer when I get back. :hook

I've been crocheting for over 40 years and use Boye hooks almost all the time. I use a variety of sizes, but my favorites would be a G or H.

Etimo H and I. Laurel Hill J. Surina Tunisian in J and K. For bullions I use Lion Brand H and I. These have all been my go to hooks lately.

That is easy for me. Boye steel hooks, Vintage preferred. My favorite size is a size 9/1.4mm. Though I end up using a size 7/1.65mm more often. I have tried about every type of hook out there and nothing is as comfortable for me than my Boyes...

I love the Susan Bates aluminum with the bamboo handles. I really enjoy how they feel in my hands. I've got a whole bunch, in different sizes.

:manyheart

I have all of those from D through N :D I used them forever until I broke down and bought a G in the Soft Touch :D I do still use them a lot because I haven't bought a Soft Touch in all the sizes they make yet, plus the Soft Touch only go to J, no bigger, so I still use my bamboo handled Bates for K, L, M, and N.

We'll still have a few more drawings after this one. Maybe a couple of really fast-paced ones, to keep us awake as it gets late!

Awesome!

I only have boye hooks. All my money goes to sending out squares or buying yarn so I don't buy new ones. I would love to try the clover soft or some bamboo ones. I usually use an G, H or I. Mostly H though. :)

My favorite hooks are Bates aluminum size J & K a lot lately. I've used Boye, but I seem to catch the yarn and split it a little more often with them for some reason.

I've never used a wooden or bamboo hook. That would be nice to try!

I love my Turn of the Century "P" hook. I use it to make Prayer shawls and the natural wood feels so good.

But then there is my Jimbo Hook. Its about a K size. It was a Christmas surprise from Jimbo Clause.:c9

I just love wooden hooks.

Archived