My first cushions.

~threadbear~

I taught myself to crochet this June after years of trying! I've made a few things since and thought I would share my cushions with you. Not perfect, but even so, I can still hardly believe I managed to make them myself!

Hope these picture sizes and the way I'm displaying them are ok?

I'm not sure if I can post more than two at a time, so I hope it's okay to post again straight away to show the other two?

I found a tutorial on youtube for how to join the granny squares and it seemed to work fine.

Hope you like them. I was just using up all my oddments of yarn. :hook

post-52135-135897686095_thumb.jpg

post-52135-135897686098_thumb.jpg

They are all lovely and you did a fine job at crocheting them. Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing them with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Your cushions are beautiful.

The traditional granny square had a red center (red heart), colored second rnd, and black third rnd. Sometimes there were 2 colored rnds, then the final black rnd. The squares were put together with black.

My grandmother and her friends made granny afghans this way because the women of the generations prior to them did this. My mom's generation started changing to other colors and making different types of squares, and now look ~ the combinations are endless!

Archived