Interesting price

At one time, Kim Guzman's A Dozen and One Tunisian Dishcloths was on sale for $75+. Folks on Amazon and Ebay put ridiculous prices on out-of-print pattern books. I love Kim's book, but there's no way I would spend that kind of money to have a copy. I got mine after I saw that price for $7ish. I wish there were laws limiting how much above original price things can be sold.

So, after seeing this, I got a wild hair and....sent an email to the seller! :lol:eek

Now, I wait and see if they answer! :think

I was curious, after finding this pamphlet on an unrelated search, if the price listed is correct? I do crochet, and was intrigued by the cost of $320.89 . This sounds really expensive for this kind of item. Is it rare, or wanted for a specific pattern? I love the odd things that come up in crochet patterns; hope I'm not asking a rude question.

Thanks!

Anne Miller

That's funny, and sometimes there are random things on Amazon that have a huge price. I was looking for the story the Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King (before I realized it was part of a collection of stories), and there was one that cost something like $300. So ridiculous.

Somebody must be embarrassed or *something.* Here's the message I got at Amazon when I clicked on RoseRed's link:

>>The Storefront you tried to access is not available using the URL address you typed or does not exist.<<

Yeah, I'd try to disappear, too, if I told people a $2 to $12 item was "available" for $320! :lol

DCM

Somebody must be embarrassed or *something.* Here's the message I got at Amazon when I clicked on RoseRed's link:>>The Storefront you tried to access is not available using the URL address you typed or does not exist.<< ! :lolDCM

That often happens with links that are done from a search. The prices haven't changed. I did a search from the site for crochet and got 19 hits alot of them in the 300.00 range. Hope they give an answer to the email sent as they do seem high prices.

Got to love this thread I can't believe what prices being charge for crochet books or patterns. I think this is plain gouging and there hoping or some idiot will buy it. The nice part I seen both Amazon and EBay then months later the original pattern has been rereleased again by designer or company there goes there ball on of big money. It is even better in our favor because it has been made a decent price for us to but, If you wait long enough there will be a bargain for many patterns.

I wanted a granny square pattern book (101 granny squares) and it was on Amazon or ebay for some ridiculous price like $150 or something..nooooo way! Finally did find it for for a much more reasonable price!

Well, no answer yet! Must mean the seller isn't active at all! hehe Yeah, prices like this for inexpensive items make me laugh.

must find a good used bookstore....:-)

Actually, I think that because of the economy, prices are coming down. The Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans -- OOP for a few years now -- couldn't be had for less than $100 for a while, and now you can get it for about a quarter of that price.

Archived