Fat Bottom Bags, you make the rockin' world go round

deanna6812

I love Queen, so I thought I'd give them a shout out! Also, every single time I look at a pattern for a FBB, I think of that song. This is the pattern from the Stitch 'n Bitch book, but done in a hdc, and with a few other tiny modifications to suit my needs.

Anyhow, enough about that! Here are photos of my first FBB, and I am so pleased about how it came out! I still don't know how I want to decorate it, or what colour I want to accent it with. Any suggestions would be SO welcomed.

Also, I was able to line it easily, thanks to the idiot-proof instructions of this link: http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

post-51425-135897683386_thumb.jpg

post-51425-135897683391_thumb.jpg

Laughs! I think the same thing every time i see it the pattern or make one myself! and now i will have that song in my head for a while, but that is ok, it is a good song! Love your purse it turned out beautifully! I will be posting the one i just finished hopefully tomorrow, they are very addicting once you start :D

I love your bag, and the color is beautiful! If you want to make a bold statement, how about some yellow? More understated? Go with a gray. I think a metallic silver would look great too depending on the type of accent.

Love your FBB!!! It's my favorite color!!! I was wondering what one would look like in purple! Now I know! Thanks!:lol I agree, a yellow flower would look great ( my two favorite colors together!) And yup, that songs going to be in my head for a while! :lol

Beautiful bag and I love Queen too. I used another tutorial for the lining in the past but will check out the link you provided as it looks interesting with a little different method which might work better than the way I've done mine before.

I never thought of that song in relation to the bags, but now I will! (My son at the age of fourteen told us he liked "Fat bottom girls" and his older sister asked if he meant the song or the girls. His answer? "Yes.")

You really did the FBB justice with this one! I like that silvery blue and your lining looks so professional. I have to confess, the lining is what has held me back form making my own FBB. It is the reason I bought the book to begin with and here it is a couple of years later and I still have not made one! One day I will have to be brave and make my own! Those of yo who have done such nice work on your own inspire me. :)

You really did the FBB justice with this one! I like that silvery blue and your lining looks so professional. I have to confess, the lining is what has held me back form making my own FBB. It is the reason I bought the book to begin with and here it is a couple of years later and I still have not made one! One day I will have to be brave and make my own! Those of yo who have done such nice work on your own inspire me. :)

Thank you for such kind words! I also bought the book exclusively for that pattern, though I have found quite a few patterns in the book that I really like! The link I posted details the instructions for lining it, and they are REALLY easy. I'm not a sewer, at ALL, but I managed this one. I did it by hand because I was really scared to put a crocheted piece through a sewing machine.

I was thinking about it the other day, and you could felt this bag, which I think would look really neat! I'm actually thinking of making this, and felting it, but I haven't felted anything, ever. No time like the present, I suppose!

• 9 months later...

You did a great job and I love the color. I just finished my 4th Fat bottom Bag. I

am making them for my older Granddaughters. I'm thinking about using some kind

of embellishments that would Glam it up a bit. Something with glitter. Anyone have

any ideas ?

You did a great job and I love the color. I just finished my 4th Fat bottom Bag. I

am making them for my older Granddaughters. I'm thinking about using some kind

of embellishments that would Glam it up a bit. Something with glitter. Anyone have

any ideas ?

You can crochet something with yarns that have a metallic/glittery component to them. Or find a big statement button and sew it on. The possibilities are endless!

Archived