A Cassandra Shawl-- just for me

allieliz

I just finished this shawl and I have to say-- this pattern is AWESOME!!! It's a Lily Go design which I bought on Ravelry. It goes quickly-- I was able to finish it and get it blocked in 5 days. Unfortunately, I have nowhere fancy to go, so I've been wearing it with a t-shirt and jeans :P

I used a fingering weight cotton/silk blend in Red Clay from ColourMart-- I only needed a little over 4 ounces so the shawl is also really light.

post-16873-135897679254_thumb.jpg

post-16873-135897679258_thumb.jpg

Oh that's beautiful!!! And I really like that you have taken to wearing it with t-shirt and jeans. What a lovely way to dress up a casual outfit! :cheer

Very pretty and lacy. You did a fine job. Looks great with jeans and T-shirts. Just put on your fancy heels and you are good to go!

I have that on my to do list. Yours is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color!

Thanks!

DO EEEEET! You will love it...

I love your shawl. That yarn really sounds interesting, I would like to try that. Did you get it online?

Yes, here's a link to ColourMart. Their yarns are awesome-- they specialize in cashmere, but have a variety of less spendy yarns too. And the yarn comes in 150 g cones so you have fewer ends to weave in :yarn. Oh, and the prices include shipping (from England)

Just beautiful! I have been anxious to try one of her patterns. Thanks for the inspiration to do so.

Yes, here's a link to ColourMart. Their yarns are awesome-- they specialize in cashmere, but have a variety of less spendy yarns too. And the yarn comes in 150 g cones so you have fewer ends to weave in :yarn. Oh, and the prices include shipping (from England)

Thanks for the info Alice!

Archived