cris

2012 Special Olympics Scarf Project

I'm on scarf # 8

Great job.....#8!! I haven't even started!!:( :( With moving into a new home and trying to empty the old one so we can rent that out and still having to do regular chores!! Yikes!! And now I have Christmas here shortly!! Another Yikes!! :eek :eek My goal is to start on the scarves on Jan. 2!! I forgot how many I made last year......but it was really fun testing out a lot of crochet patterns!!:)

Here are the two I've finished. I may try to get more done after the first of the year.

post-43634-135897713719_thumb.jpg

I have the yarn, just not the inspiration. To many other things I'm working on yet. Those look great! I will have to find the yarn and get inspired..your picture helps!

My sister did 15 and I did 14 and all 29 are in a box waiting to get shipped in January. YaHoo!!! This is the first year for us and we enjoyed it a lot.

I just bought 4 skeins (two red, two navy) so hopefully I can knock out a few scarves! My state doesn't need anymore, so I'm going to send them to a neighboring state that needs more!

I know I'm a little late joining but I picked up a skein of each color yesterday and hope to get a couple of scarves made. Just have to decide where to send them since Florida is not on the scarf list.

Idaho had to cancel their winter olympics due to lack to snow this year.....sooo sad!!

Some deadlines got extended which I'm happy about because I literally just found out about this (I'm new to crochet). I'll be making a few and thinking of my uncle while I make it. :) (My uncle was born with Cerebal Palsy and passed away just a couple of years ago).

I have 5 scarves finished, just need to get the in the mail.

I just recently discovered this project. I have made one striped and made it 14 inches longer to fold the ends up and make pockets.

This is my third year. Going to send the 12 I made to another state this year. :)

I just finished number 14 :claplast night of the goal I had set for myself this year and dropped them off today for Texas, thank goodness they are not far from where I live, otherwise I wouldn't have made the deadline. :eek:eek. Well now just wait for the colors for next year. :yes Now I need to think of some where else I want to donate.

That is really nice! Thanks for the reminder! I have about half a dozen that I need to get shipped off. I'll have to get that done this weekend :)

love that pattern! Is there a web page we can go to and see what states still need scarves?

if you search 2012 special olympics scarf project

it will tell you what states still need them,they are all nearing the end,I think March 1st is the deadline for the two states,1 is alaska

Very pretty!

Thank you! I also did a knitted one this year. I put the pattern for that in a more recent post...

:manyheart