crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

i finished the purse for the swap here on the ville; started Inga's bag last nite, as well as a beach bag from Ravelry and have another granny bag pattern waiting for me to start it.

Ya im in a bag mood LOL and I think there is another I was copying from one I got in a swap for myself.

Hugs, Laurel

Love the bags, Laurel! I made Inga's bag once (didn't I Joanne? Isn't that like the bag I made for your trips to the beach??) :D

:hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning all!

Ann, so good to hear from you! Sending hugs your way!

Melanie/Tonya/Melanie/Joanne/everyone: the fair was so fun! Spent two hours, stopped at every single booth! Bought just a few little things cause most of them raise their own alpacas/sheep and make their yarn from it! VERY expensive but I understand why! Saw people spinning! So interesting! Had a great time!

Busy today, everyone have a great day!

Love from Mama K

sweet got to love fun with yarn lol so what did you get? got pictures lol i'm nosy to see what you got hahaha

i finished the purse for the swap here on the ville; started Inga's bag last nite, as well as a beach bag from Ravelry and have another granny bag pattern waiting for me to start it.

Ya im in a bag mood LOL and I think there is another I was copying from one I got in a swap for myself.

Hugs, Laurel

Sweet bags!:hook

Hi Everyone! I've been thinking of you all. I've just been laying low and watching tv, playing games and sleeping a LOT! LOL! I had the port surgery on Wed and it went well. Hurray! My little 2yr old gd, Jillybean, had her tonsils out Friday. It's been the week of surgeries here! She's doing great. Little ones sure bounce back quickly! I haven't started that SBT yet, but I have started a scarf! (nice simple project, lol). Well, I think I'm going to try to go back to bed now. Hopefully I'll get some sleep this time. Hugs and prayers to all that need them!:hug:hug:hug

:hug:hug:hugI agree the little ones recover so much quicker. My mom had a port put in a couple years ago too they ran out of pokey placess for her IVIG transfusions every 2 weeks but after 10 years of course they would. Here's to a speedy recovery to you too:hug:hug

Getting old is for the birds!

Proof: so today was going to finally sew, a purse for myself, finally had an hour to myself....so excited.....discovered I threw away the power cord to my machine in the move! I even remember seeing the cord and thinking what is this for, oh well, I'll pitch it!

Sigh......just ordered one online. But good grief!

Mama K whose head is down, with one tear trickling down my cheek

oh boy mama k if i had a nickel for every cord i threw away lol

I got NEWS today.......Kendra had her ultrasound and..............................It's a BOY.:cheer:cheer:cheer she refuses to say the name yet, but now I know what I can buy lol and crochet. I am so excited.

woohoo! congrats!

well i'm just chilling today as tomorrow is going to be busy as I have 3 appointments tomorrow one is to look at an apartment I hope its nice then I can just focus on packing and getting movers. fortunately I de-cluttered years ago and so packing will be easy.

I guess the migraine I had last week is a new pms symptom I have as well AF came I sure hope its not as I don't want them every month ugh! bad enough I get anemic I don't need migraines too. but ever since my first cycle at the age of 9 I have had horrible and painful cycles so i can only hope it will change one day(i doubt it tho).

well think its time for a nap lol

:hug:hug:hug to all

Mama K - Hugs to you! Been there and done that, especially in this last move!

Ann - glad to see you back on here. Keep resting and getting better.

Melanie - hope you can find something soon.

Laurel - I did Inga's Bag once and it took me forever! Loved it once it was done, but I just hate having to put together squares! I look forward to seeing all your totes when they are done!

Ended up having the both GS all weekend. DD worked outside yesterday and overdid it and got to hot, she slept all afternoon and all night. They had a good time. But it's quiet now, they went home with momma.

Guess I'd better get things done so I can get to bed earlier tonight. Everyone have a great Monday!

I messed up on this one, but didn't realize it until I was done.

cute tote!

Mama K - Hugs to you! Been there and done that, especially in this last move!

Ann - glad to see you back on here. Keep resting and getting better.

Melanie - hope you can find something soon.

Laurel - I did Inga's Bag once and it took me forever! Loved it once it was done, but I just hate having to put together squares! I look forward to seeing all your totes when they are done!

Ended up having the both GS all weekend. DD worked outside yesterday and overdid it and got to hot, she slept all afternoon and all night. They had a good time. But it's quiet now, they went home with momma.

Guess I'd better get things done so I can get to bed earlier tonight. Everyone have a great Monday!

Thank you, I hope so too

Good morning!

Great tote, Jessicali- and I can't tell where you messed up!

Good luck with the apt hunting today Melanie!

Ann- Hope today finds your GD feeling a little better!

tonya-- Congrats on the upcoming GS!!!!Exciting!!!! Did you start anything last night for him?

Kuddles- Here's to another work week! 5 more days and then VACATION time for me!!!

Do you move into the new "spacious office space" this week?

Time to get ready- hugs to all!

Good morning all!

Thanks for trying to make me feel about tossing the cord....just burns my uh.....well it burns me to have to spend $20 on something I had and 'lost'!

Yes Joanne, the count down is here till my boss and I move into the spacious trailer! I pack the files and my desk Thursday afternoon and the guys come on Friday first thing to move it over. I will go and supervise them so my desk is placed like I want it....uh like I have many options, it IS a trailer, only half of half of one! Oh well.....

The big news for today: got to turn the AC off! One day of gorgeous...but Thursday they are predicting 101 degrees! :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

Love to all!

Mama K

Mama K - good luck on your move this week. Glad you got to turn off the a/c for a while. We will have 102 today and tomorrow, and I figure for the rest of the week. So not looking forward to this really hot weather!

Joanne - A vacation!! So glad you get a week off. Woot!!

Tonya - congrats on the GS!!!

Well, everyone have a great Monday!

Good morning!

Great tote, Jessicali- and I can't tell where you messed up!

Ann- Hope today finds your GD feeling a little better!

tonya-- Congrats on the upcoming GS!!!!Exciting!!!! Did you start anything last night for him? no I had to work :( today however all bets are off:lol even though i seem to remember her mumbling something about him not needing 25 blankets:think

Kuddles- Here's to another work week! 5 more days and then VACATION time for me!!!

Do you move into the new "spacious office space" this week?

oh and ditto all this that Joanne said

Oh my! :eek

Mama K - good luck on your move this week. Glad you got to turn off the a/c for a while. We will have 102 today and tomorrow, and I figure for the rest of the week. So not looking forward to this really hot weather!

Joanne - A vacation!! So glad you get a week off. Woot!!

Tonya - congrats on the GS!!!

Well, everyone have a great Monday!

Just thought I would stop in and wish everyone a good Monday :)

Been insanely busy the past few days. I am happy that I have at least started my brother's scarf and have gotten some time to work on it today. Plus I am getting ready to start another SBT too but at least this one is being made for a purpose lol. My good friend's birthday is July 1st so I am going to make her a tote.

I have to say that I have been strugling with sweaty hands at times (it happens when it's 106 out) and that has been making it difficult to crochet.

Have a great week guys!

Good morning!

thank you

i'm nervous as heck... i filled out an application and i was told I would here tomorrow if i got approved or not. they will be calling my current landlord to whom i have not given written notice to yet since it would it has to be done on the 1st to be valid. if i was a nail bitter i would have none left:sweat:worried would be super awesome to not have to worry about finding a place before the end of my 30day notice.

on a happy not i will be picking up some free yarn on Wednesday :hook its a surprise bag so can't wait to see what's in it

it is so hot here today i had trouble staying hydrated

Hi all,

I went to craft club tonight and had a great time- finished my 4th Queen Anne's lace scarf. 4 Christmas gifts done!!! Woot!

Good luck tomorrow and hope it's good news on the apt Melanie

Kuddles- How nice to be able to turn off the AC--of course it IS summer and can't last long! LOL

Sue- Welcome home to Monkey Man!!! You must be on cloud 9!!!!

Sherry, Ann, Melani, and the rest of the crew----I'm going to say it now since I'll be going in extra early tomorrow- Happy Tuesday!!!!

Another crazy busy day behind me and about ready to go to bed. This is the first chance I have had to really get on the computer today (other than about five minutes at 6am) so I wanted to tell everyone hello. Tomorrow will be another crazy day and Wednesday morning I will be at the hospital first thing in the morning getting prepped for surgery so I am not sure I will be back online before sometime on Thursday.

So, have a wonderful few days everyone and lots of :hug :hug :hug for all of you!

Another crazy busy day behind me and about ready to go to bed. This is the first chance I have had to really get on the computer today (other than about five minutes at 6am) so I wanted to tell everyone hello. Tomorrow will be another crazy day and Wednesday morning I will be at the hospital first thing in the morning getting prepped for surgery so I am not sure I will be back online before sometime on Thursday.

So, have a wonderful few days everyone and lots of :hug :hug :hug for all of you!

good luck :hug

Prayers said for you.

Well the temp outside on the sign we have at work showed 107 at 5 p.m. So much for 101 or 102. Way too hot!! Will be hot the rest of the week :(

Joanne hope you had a good craft night.

Melani hope it goes well for your house/apartment hunting. Great on the free yarn!!!

Have a great evening! Hugs to all!

Good morning!

Melanie, good luck!

Kristie - good luck, good vibes going your way!

Joanne and all, yes just up to 82 today but 102 on Thursday! A long string of hot days ahead of us. Sigh.....'only' mid 90s on Friday, work move day. Ugh!

Sherry, oh my! I was just remembering the other day growing up with only a fan in the window, no AC till I was out of the house! How DID we survive it!?

Have a great day all! Mama K sends her love!

Hi! Just realized I haven't signed on here since Thurs morning! :eek

For those of you who aren't on FB with me I'll update you (I know Mama, Joanne and Tonya know what's been going on. Hence Joanne's some what cryptic messages to me here). By Thurs evening Monkey hadn't eaten and was getting lethargic. We took him to the vet and didn't really find anything. Was told to take him home and see what happened overnight. By morning he wasn't doing well so back we went. Long story at the vet short, he has parvovirus. Bruce and I talked and talked figuring out if we were going to spend hundreds on treatment for a dog we'd had 2 days...of course we did it and now are so happy we did. He spent all weekend getting fluids and antibiotics. Things were ify for a couple days and by Sunday evening he was responding. We were told we may be able to bring him home Monday. Called Monday morning and he had a HUGE turnaround overnight! Monkey Man is home! We still have a ways to go, but it's all positive now.

This week is crazy for us. I have to finish up my course with lots of homework, tests and the final. Plus I'm on 6 days again starting tomorrow. One of the girls I work with got a job in New Orleans and is moving Sat. She's like a little sister to me and I'm going to miss her something terrible so this week we're trying to spend as much time together as we can. Bruce's schedule is nuts too with the 4th of July holiday coming (he works at a park that is near the beach, on the inlet and has a jetty along with pavillions so holidays are nuts. We won't get a day off together for the next couple weeks.

Know that I miss you all! :hug

couldnt sleep so i got up at 430am and started cutting squares for rag blankets. I always get restless on this day. 10 years ago my niece sam passed away from congenital heart disease she had 3rd degree heart block when she was born. the pacemaker that was specially made for her tiny 5lbs couldnt make up for the damage done. I was the first to find out and will forever be haunted by the sound of my sisters voice and the sobs of her husband. Sam was the reason I decided to become a nurse, watching the nurses care for her and be so sweet to my sister. and she is my inspiration to donate to Nicu's. if you guys could say a prayer or send some good thoughts my sister and BIL's way I would appreciate it. May and June are always so hard on them I wish I could take the pain away just once.:(

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Here's a pic of GS wearing his new gold belt. He is holding a blowgun. He will be in a tournament next Friday and I felt he should have his own blowgun instead of sharing one with everyone else, so we bought one.

AWESOME!!!! :cheer

Are you on FB???? If you are you need to friend me!

Hi Everyone! I've been thinking of you all. I've just been laying low and watching tv, playing games and sleeping a LOT! LOL! I had the port surgery on Wed and it went well. Hurray! My little 2yr old gd, Jillybean, had her tonsils out Friday. It's been the week of surgeries here! She's doing great. Little ones sure bounce back quickly! I haven't started that SBT yet, but I have started a scarf! (nice simple project, lol). Well, I think I'm going to try to go back to bed now. Hopefully I'll get some sleep this time. Hugs and prayers to all that need them!:hug:hug:hug

Are you on FB Ann?? :hug :hug :hug

I got NEWS today.......Kendra had her ultrasound and..............................It's a BOY.:cheer:cheer:cheer she refuses to say the name yet, but now I know what I can buy lol and crochet. I am so excited.

YEA!!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

I messed up on this one, but didn't realize it until I was done.

Still very pretty!!

I hope it goes well for you! :hug :hug :hug

:turtle:vheart

awww :turtle so glad you were able to choose to help Monkey Man!

I'm on FB too

Hi! Just realized I haven't signed on here since Thurs morning! :eek

For those of you who aren't on FB with me I'll update you (I know Mama, Joanne and Tonya know what's been going on. Hence Joanne's some what cryptic messages to me here). By Thurs evening Monkey hadn't eaten and was getting lethargic. We took him to the vet and didn't really find anything. Was told to take him home and see what happened overnight. By morning he wasn't doing well so back we went. Long story at the vet short, he has parvovirus. Bruce and I talked and talked figuring out if we were going to spend hundreds on treatment for a dog we'd had 2 days...of course we did it and now are so happy we did. He spent all weekend getting fluids and antibiotics. Things were ify for a couple days and by Sunday evening he was responding. We were told we may be able to bring him home Monday. Called Monday morning and he had a HUGE turnaround overnight! Monkey Man is home! We still have a ways to go, but it's all positive now.

This week is crazy for us. I have to finish up my course with lots of homework, tests and the final. Plus I'm on 6 days again starting tomorrow. One of the girls I work with got a job in New Orleans and is moving Sat. She's like a little sister to me and I'm going to miss her something terrible so this week we're trying to spend as much time together as we can. Bruce's schedule is nuts too with the 4th of July holiday coming (he works at a park that is near the beach, on the inlet and has a jetty along with pavillions so holidays are nuts. We won't get a day off together for the next couple weeks.

Know that I miss you all! :hug

good luck :hug

Prayers said for you.

Kristie - good luck, good vibes going your way!

I hope it goes well for you! :hug :hug :hug

:turtle:vheart

Thank you all!!! :hug

I went in for my pre-op appointment today and now they have cancelled my surgery until after I see the cardiologist on Monday. I'm not sure yet when it will get done. Probably 2-3 more weeks. Arggghhhhh

Christie! Oh, that's too bad that your surgery has been postponed-good luck with the cardiologist appointment on Monday! Hugs!!!:hug

Ann- Hows things by you? I'll be headed up to New England next week- and can't wait for a much needed vacation - heading to Portsmouth NH!! I love it there- so pretty!:manyheart

Kuddles- Of course it will be HOT on move day! Isn't that always the way?? :lol Good luck and hope it goes smoothly!

Sue- What 'cryptic' messages? :lol Glad to hear Monkey Man is doing good- continued positive thoughts!! And you know what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder? Well, you and Bruce will be putting that to the test it seems for the next several weeks. Good luck juggling school and all the extra hours at work and a new family member!!!!:hug

Sherry- Did you get in any crafting last night? Stay as cool as you can in those temps! We had a gorgeous day yesterday- and I only got to experience a little of it since I didn't get home till 7:30!!! It was a very LONG day in Paradise. :(

Melanie- How did the apt hunting go? Nice on the free yarn!

Three more days till vacation- but whose counting? :lol

Have a good day all!!!

Good morning!

The heat begins today........and continues for the next week. So be staying in....a lot!

My sewing machine cord comes today.....the one I uh lost in the move.....so I can finally start sewing that purse I've had cut out and prepped for uh, a couple months!

The chronic pinched nerve in my neck/arm is really acting up right now so trying not to murder anyone that crosses me.....if unsuccessful, you will see me on the news!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Christie - sorry they postponed your surgery. Will continue to pray for you.

Mama K - I'm not sure how we survived growing up with no a/c. We did have a water cooler unit (where you used the hose to "water" the outside of the unit and it cooled the house) but my grandma's house only had fans. Hope your pain goes away soon.

Sue - So glad to hear that Monkey Man is doing better!

Joanne - Have a great day today.

No crocheting last night, played with power point to see what I can figure out to do for the worship power point. I need to learn it so I can teach the guy who runs the power point what to do. Such fun.

Stay cool all! And hugs to all.

Archived