crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Joanne: :yay for vacation! Going anywhere special?

Kuddles: So sorry to hear about the heat! It's been that way here too. It was 109 degrees when I went out to the store last night. :sweat Hope that pinched nerve feels better soon, but I will keep an eye on the news just in case! :lol

Sherry: Hope work is done soon and you can get some hooking time! :hook

I've got the grandbabies again today, and wouldn't you know it Little Miss Maraya has been running a really high fever since about 10:00 yesterday morning soooo... probably not gonna get much done today! She sleeps a lot but she wants me right there with her or better yet she wants to be on my lap. It would be ok, but Brennan wants to be on my lap too. Then my six-year-old son, Sawyer, sees them on my lap and he wants to be on my lap too. :lol Oh well, it is so nice to know they love me!!! :manyheart

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!! :ghug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning!

The heat begins today........and continues for the next week. So be staying in....a lot! Supposed to heat up here beginning tomorrow too!! :( It's been so lovely the last couple of days with cool nights- why can't it stay like that all summer???

My sewing machine cord comes today.....the one I uh lost in the move.....so I can finally start sewing that purse I've had cut out and prepped for uh, a couple months!

Can't wait to see the finished purse!

The chronic pinched nerve in my neck/arm is really acting up right now so trying not to murder anyone that crosses me.....if unsuccessful, you will see me on the news!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

I hope if I see you on the news it's because you won the lottery!!!! Hope that it calms down soon

Joanne: :yay for vacation! Going anywhere special?

I've got the grandbabies again today, and wouldn't you know it Little Miss Maraya has been running a really high fever since about 10:00 yesterday morning soooo... probably not gonna get much done today! She sleeps a lot but she wants me right there with her or better yet she wants to be on my lap. It would be ok, but Brennan wants to be on my lap too. Then my six-year-old son, Sawyer, sees them on my lap and he wants to be on my lap too. :lol Oh well, it is so nice to know they love me!!! :manyheart

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!! :ghug

Hope Maraya is feeling better by the time you read this. How was it holding all three at once? Going to Portsmouth, New Hampshire next week! Probably go to Maine one of the days, and to the White Mountains --all depends on the weather and what we feel like doing. This is going to be a totally relaxing vacation- no pressure to see anything or do anything!!!

Christie - sorry they postponed your surgery. Will continue to pray for you.

Mama K - I'm not sure how we survived growing up with no a/c. We did have a water cooler unit (where you used the hose to "water" the outside of the unit and it cooled the house) but my grandma's house only had fans. Hope your pain goes away soon.

Sue - So glad to hear that Monkey Man is doing better!

Joanne - Have a great day today.

No crocheting last night, played with power point to see what I can figure out to do for the worship power point. I need to learn it so I can teach the guy who runs the power point what to do. Such fun.

Stay cool all! And hugs to all.

How did you do with the power point? It's not all that difficult- I taught myself with the help of 'google":lol

Just got in a short while ago- had my hair cut/colored- and feels so much better now that it's done. Going to :crocheting for a while before calling it a night.

Hope Maraya is feeling better by the time you read this. How was it holding all three at once? Going to Portsmouth, New Hampshire next week! Probably go to Maine one of the days, and to the White Mountains --all depends on the weather and what we feel like doing. This is going to be a totally relaxing vacation- no pressure to see anything or do anything!!!

Unfortunately, her fever is really up tonight and now Brennan is running a fever too. :(

Holding my little ones, however, is fun... even when it is all three at once. :lol

Your vacation sounds heavenly! Have a wonderful time!!! :hug

Good morning!

Christie- Oh, my- sure sounds like you have your hands full right now! Hugs to the little ones and hope they kick whatever is ailing them!

Good luck with the packing up today Kuddles- stay as cool as you can. Temps supposed to be on the rise here too!

Everyone- Hope you have a good day- whatever is on your agendas!

Good morning!

Hug those babies tight Christie! They sure grow up fast!

Joanne, woot on the vaca! The cord DID arrive yesterday and it works! Woot!!! So hope to get in some sewing, maybe this weekend.

102 or higher temps today.....and 90s everyday for at least the next week. Sigh.....thanks on your good thoughts on my move at work. I feel sorry for the fellas moving all the stuff! Insane!

My puter is acting up this morning so gonna run my virus scan and defrag it. Maybe it's too hot for it!

Love from Mama K

uck on the news they just said the temp here with heat index is 105 :eek in dertoit it is unheard of and add the humidity and I walked outside and seriously had a hard time breathing. Im off a few days to get stuff ready to go to see Kendra, and then on call one day so next week I will be heading to NC and then to mammoth cave to as Keldon says go "spelunking"I will be off for 10 days and if i am lucky enough to not have to work sunday i will have 2.5 weeks of vacation heaven...... then back to reality. I am going to work on finishing up a bag and a few things before i leave.

everyone stay cool.

Hi all from very hot and humid Oklahoma--we're back in the 100s again. Not sure when it will end but I'm ready for 90's!! Sounds like everywhere is hot and humid.

Joanne - enjoy your vacation!!!!

Mama K - looking foward to seeing that new purse! Stay in where it's cool and sew!!

Christie - hope the babies are better now. I love holding both my GS but the oldest one will soon just have to sit beside me, he's getting so big.

Ann - hope things are going well for you.

Worked on the power point today and redid everything. Then had one of the teens from the church come up and get everything on. Decided to make a dark background and white letters. Hopefully they can see it better. They have these very large windows with shutters (which they refuse to shut, even one or two of them) and all that wonderful light washes out the power point. You can't even see the background pictures if I put them. Hopefully they will like what I did.

Will have a tooth pulled tomorrow--not fun--I don't like dentists but I can't hardly eat, so I need to get it out. Hopefully this dentist will be better than the last one I went to.

GS has a karate tournament tomorrow night, so hopefully I'll feel like going to that. No karate on Saturday though--we're going to take a day off!

Stay cool everyone!

Good morning from Mama K!

Yes Sherry, luck with the tooth! Hope it goes well!

And we were over 100 yesterday, today and for the next week, in the lower 90s. Which will feel like a chill after yesterday!

The big move from my current office to my new tiny location in a trailer is this morning. How exciting! LOL

Have a good day all!

Mama K

hello everyone!

I have so much to catch up on here which I will get to in a moment as I am having trouble staying focused lol must be my BPD

well sadly I didn't get approved for the apartment and I kinda figured but still had to try. when they look at my disability income compared to the rent the rent is more than 30% so they decline thinking you won't pay or can't survive on so little. I did apply for a job at one of the little papers to help increase my income so hopefully that will work out small shifts (3hrs) Mon-Fri just handing out the paper standing at the skytrain stations ot bus exchanges. so until i hear from the paper I'm goping to stay put as any other applications would be declined also, well any that are not basement suites and I don't want to take the chance of moving to another basement suite just to find out it is not legal and have to move.

on a happier note I will have a bit extra fun money so i'm going to order some yarn! woo hoo!!! nice brights like Lucy on attic24 uses i love her stuff:manyheart:c9

oh and i have been craving sweets like never before for a few weeks now so went shopping and got some baking goodies came home made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip shortbread cookies. the recipe for the oatmeal chocolate chip made 4 dozen! so i gave a dozen to the neighbor since i borrowed her baking sheets and froze 2 dozen and the shortbread i made like bars got 2 dozen squares froze half. funny thing is i wanted to make totally different stuff but forgot my ingredient list so just bought standard supplies from memory flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, margarine, oatmeal, vanilla, choc chips, cocoa powder.

I used to bake my own bread from scratch by hand and found a few new recipes i want to try so on my next shopping trip will pick up what i'm missing.

oh and i have like 6 nasty spider bites that itch like crazy! they have turned into an ugly blotchy red rash ah for the love of summer! hahaha

happy stitching :crocheting

hope you enjoyed my book :rofl:rofl:rofl

Good morning!!!

I'm on vacation!!! No going to Paradise until July 9th!!!

Hope the move to the lovely new space in the trailer for work went well, Kuddles.

Melanie- Those cookies that you baked up sure sound yummy. I don't dare turn on my oven when it's this hot out - we hit 103 yesterday I think. Even though I have central AC, it doesn't pay to put the oven on and make it have to work extra hard to keep the house cool. I hope it works out with the paper gig so you'll have a little more income to help you qualify for an apt.

Sherry- Hope the dentist appt was a pain-free as possible!!

Ann- Thinking of you- and will be heading to New England tomorrow for vacation! Very excited to spend some time in NH!

Sue- Love the pics of Monkey Man you posted on FB. So happy that he is doing well and he sure looks right at home!!!

tonya- Enjoy your time off work!

On to the usual Saturday routine with one little addition- packing for vacation! Woot!!

Good morning!!!

I'm on vacation!!! No going to Paradise until July 9th!!!

YAY! to vacation have a great one full of everything you want:cheer:cheer

Hope the move to the lovely new space in the trailer for work went well, Kuddles.

mama K I too hope the move went well :hug

Melanie- Those cookies that you baked up sure sound yummy. I don't dare turn on my oven when it's this hot out - we hit 103 yesterday I think. Even though I have central AC, it doesn't pay to put the oven on and make it have to work extra hard to keep the house cool. I hope it works out with the paper gig so you'll have a little more income to help you qualify for an apt.

oh my they are lol the oatmeal ones are on the sweet and rich side so no overeating on them for sure lol the shortbread ones are pretty yummy and a subtle cookie like opposite to the other i made hehe so it balances pretty good. thank you i hope the paper gig works out too minimum wage here is pretty good too

Sherry- Hope the dentist appt was a pain-free as possible!!

Oh Sherry i too hope the dentist trip went ok I am dreading going major procrastination on my part had a filling fall out a year ago and missing half a molar :eek

Ann- Thinking of you- and will be heading to New England tomorrow for vacation! Very excited to spend some time in NH!

:hug:hug:hug

Sue- Love the pics of Monkey Man you posted on FB. So happy that he is doing well and he sure looks right at home!!!

so glad monkey man is better parvo is so sad when they get it

tonya- Enjoy your time off work!

ditto enjoy your time off!

On to the usual Saturday routine with one little addition- packing for vacation! Woot!!

have a great time!

:hook

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Good morning gals!

The move: well, let's just say once all our 'stuff' got into the trailer, including desks, it was quite apparent that everything will not fit! My two cabinets of current files have no home, can't figure out how to make it work! My boss was so upset he had to leave to go to the state office. My desk is set up, with all items put away plus my supplies. So I can work on Monday.....

Joanne, have a GREAT vaca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning Baby K and I are headed to the farmers market, she ran to her money box and grabbed a 5 to buy some veggies! What a gal! After that, just errands then probably back home to simply 'be'.

Have a great day/weekend!

Mama K

ok so i was on craigslist looking for apartments and the ones i looked at are advertised $56 cheaper per month so i sent an email first to say the rent is only $50 more than what i pay now and is manageable and to ask why i was declined

their reply was there must be an error in the ad and i have old bad credit (the reason i was declined) I'm like that's got nothing to do with me paying my rent damn it

i haven't slept i'm a zombie and i am totally annoyed with this whole finding a good place and legal place to live grrrrrrr

Hi all! I had the tooth pulled and only took 2 pain pills yesterday. This dentist is awesome! The chair you sit in has a heated massager in it, which they ran up until they took out the tooth, had the "happy gas" (which my other dentist didn't have and told me to tough it out). Will definitely keep this one as my dentist.

Joanne - WOOT!!! Vacation time is here!! Enjoy your week off.

Mama K - that's not right that all your stuff won't fit in the new office. Hopefully you can get something worked out. Hope you had a good time at the farmer's market. Awesome that Baby K wanted to buy some veggies.

Melanie - hope you can find something soon.

Oldest GS had a blowgun tournament last night. There were only 6 kids there but the instructor split them into 2 groups. Kion won first in his group (with 22 points) and my great-nephew came in second. The older group had a young man that has practiced a lot, he had 77 points.

Still very hot here, probably could fry an egg on the sidewalk! So I'm staying inside and trying to stay cool.

Have a great weekend!

Hi all! I had the tooth pulled and only took 2 pain pills yesterday. This dentist is awesome! The chair you sit in has a heated massager in it, which they ran up until they took out the tooth, had the "happy gas" (which my other dentist didn't have and told me to tough it out). Will definitely keep this one as my dentist.

Joanne - WOOT!!! Vacation time is here!! Enjoy your week off.

Mama K - that's not right that all your stuff won't fit in the new office. Hopefully you can get something worked out. Hope you had a good time at the farmer's market. Awesome that Baby K wanted to buy some veggies.

Melanie - hope you can find something soon.

Ann - enjoy your vacation time!

Oldest GS had a blowgun tournament last night. There were only 6 kids there but the instructor split them into 2 groups. Kion won first in his group (with 22 points) and my great-nephew came in second. The older group had a young man that has practiced a lot, he had 77 points.

Still very hot here, probably could fry an egg on the sidewalk! So I'm staying inside and trying to stay cool.

Have a great weekend!

yay for happy gas :)

congrats to your GS on his success

Mama k that really sucks that the new office isn't big enough :( how exciting for baby K I can imagine her excitement at going to the farmers market:DI get the same way:rofl:rofl:rofl

Im just chillin and relaxing as best as i can as all the walking and hauling the groceries has caused a fibro flare up as usual *sigh* I do it to myself every payday and it doesn't help that i feel a bit manic too

Think I'm going to make cinnamon scones today:D

Hi Everyone! Peeking in real quick.:lurk Still not feeling so hot. My rheumatologist believes that the surgery triggered to lupus flare and a gp flare. I might also have an infection going on. Will see the dr on Tues. I am NOT going to the ER!

Joanne, so you're going to be in NH! :cheer Hope you have a nice time! Sure wish we could get together! One of these times!

Someone got a tooth pulled, Ouchy! :hug

Melanie, hope you find a place soon :hug

Mama K, did I read that your doing your school move now? :hug Hugs for Baby K too, she's a keeper! :hug

I'm fading fast guys. I'll try to check in sooner. Love you all! Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July holiday! Be safe! :hug

Good morning!

First of all, hugs to Melanie and Ann........extra hug for you Ann, so sorry you are still not feeling well! Hope it gets better and quick!

Yes the move happened and didn't in that there is no place to put everything! I'm not sure what I'll walk into tomorrow morning but I took some time off so only work there Mon/Tues so I hope I can regroup and we get it figured out. If not, I don't get paid enough to worry about it!!!

Baby K loved the farmers market but not because of the veggies! She was allowed to get a sweet little handmade Dora purse (cheap) and I got her a (cheap) pendant that is a picture of Pocahontas and the gal was so sweet when I said it was for her BD in a few weeks, and she gave us a free chain to put it on! Did get sweet corn, cucumbers (for baby k, cause Mama hates those), a pint of blueberries (washed and in the freezer for smoothies) and a few tomatoes. All in all, a great day!

Will be over 90 for at least the next week, 98 on Tuesday, so I may melt into a puddle!

Stay cool everyone! Hope you are having a great vaca Joanne!

Hugs to you too Sherry!!!!!!!!!!

Mama K

Ann- hope you are feeling better soon.:hug

Kuddles- hope the new space works out and have a great short week

Joanne- enjoy your vacation

Sue- I say you need to take a trip up here next year, I dont think I can swing Florida since it will be my 20th anniversary and I am thinking Mexico or Caribbean to celebrate.

Good morning all! Since Joanne is on vaca and she is usually the first to post, I'll do it today!

Should be an interesting day! My first full day in the trailer that is now my work home. Boxes still everywhere......wonder if my boss will take the day off instead of 'dealing' with it all!

Have a great day all and stay cool! Almost 100 here all week!

Mama K

Good morning everyone! I've been gone again because life just keeps on happening. My dd got home from Florida on Saturday morning. I hadn't seen her since October and I am so excited to have her home. My sil and nephew came with her so my house has really been hopping the last few days. Today I go to see the cardiologist and then I will likely find out when they will be doing my surgery. I've not been getting a lot of hooking done lately, but am still working on another blanket design that is giving me fits.

Well, Happy Monday everyone! I really hope it is a good one!

Kuddles, good luck on your first day in the trailer. :hug

Mama K - hope your day went ok. Hopefully your boss stayed to take care of his stuff- LOL.

Christie - hope things went well at the dr. Glad your dd is home and you are getting some time with her.

Joanne - hope your day today was great!

Spent most of the day doing reports and then talking with new boss. Some changes are coming but it's ok as long as I don't get a pay cut (which he said he wouldn't allow). So we will see. Looking forward to having Wednesday off!!

Have a great evening all.

Hi Everyone! Peeking in real quick.:lurk Still not feeling so hot. My rheumatologist believes that the surgery triggered to lupus flare and a gp flare. I might also have an infection going on. Will see the dr on Tues. I am NOT going to the ER!

Melanie, hope you find a place soon :hug

I'm fading fast guys. I'll try to check in sooner. Love you all! Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July holiday! Be safe! :hug

I hope you are feeling better soon:hug:hug

Good morning!

First of all, hugs to Melanie and Ann........extra hug for you Ann, so sorry you are still not feeling well! Hope it gets better and quick!

Yes the move happened and didn't in that there is no place to put everything! I'm not sure what I'll walk into tomorrow morning but I took some time off so only work there Mon/Tues so I hope I can regroup and we get it figured out. If not, I don't get paid enough to worry about it!!!

Baby K loved the farmers market but not because of the veggies! She was allowed to get a sweet little handmade Dora purse (cheap) and I got her a (cheap) pendant that is a picture of Pocahontas and the gal was so sweet when I said it was for her BD in a few weeks, and she gave us a free chain to put it on! Did get sweet corn, cucumbers (for baby k, cause Mama hates those), a pint of blueberries (washed and in the freezer for smoothies) and a few tomatoes. All in all, a great day!

Will be over 90 for at least the next week, 98 on Tuesday, so I may melt into a puddle!

Stay cool everyone! Hope you are having a great vaca Joanne!

Hugs to you too Sherry!!!!!!!!!!

Mama K

thank you for the hugs

sure hope your boss gets your workspace fixed up

I'm here. Nice relaxing day.

Ann extra hugs for you

great you got to relax

Good morning everyone! I've been gone again because life just keeps on happening. My dd got home from Florida on Saturday morning. I hadn't seen her since October and I am so excited to have her home. My sil and nephew came with her so my house has really been hopping the last few days. Today I go to see the cardiologist and then I will likely find out when they will be doing my surgery. I've not been getting a lot of hooking done lately, but am still working on another blanket design that is giving me fits.

Well, Happy Monday everyone! I really hope it is a good one!

Kuddles, good luck on your first day in the trailer. :hug

So glad you get to spend time with your dd. I hope the dr visit went well

hope you all are well and good thoughts and hugs to those who need them.

I have been fighting migraines and have to get some meds as I am now out. the weather is crazy here as usual. the weather network is never right lol if it says hot and sunny it pours rain but so hot u still wear a tank top. if it says rain well then it means its sunny and hot as heck and don't go out for fear of stroke( for me and my dd at least as we don't fair well in the slightest heat)

well I made scones today and they are awesome and simple and you can add just about anything to this recipe to create your own mmm going to go crab another hehehe

Archived