crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

DD called me at 11:30 last night to come and get the boys. Someone broke into her house and stole all the electronics (which included her laptop which had all her homework on it). Neighbor called the police but they wouldn't do anything since she wasn't there. She called after I picked up the boys and they found fingerprints--not sure they will ever catch who did it but I wish she could get her laptop and tablet back.

Hope you have a good day all! Everyone stay cool!

Oh my! :hug to you and your DD!!!!!

Mama K

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all,

Sherry- So sorry to hear that someone broke into DD's place- I sure hope that they are able to catch the scoundrels who did it!

What an awesome vacation I'm having. The weather has been beautiful (except for some showers yesterday morning). We had a marvelous time with my cousin and it was great catching up with them. The day was a 10/10 weather wise and company wise!! We had lunch here- http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/yorkstore.html. We then went here: http://www.ogunquitmuseum.org/index1.html. What a nice small museum, with some beautiful art- but the real art was outdoors with the gorgeous gardens and the view of the water!!!

Yesterday we took a ride to Newburyport, Mass:

http://www.newburyportchamber.org/

A beautiful town and lovely beach!

Today we took a ride to York, Maine and went to the Nubble lighthouse and sat and read for a while there. Simply a beautiful place. (Also stopped at a LYS while there and treated myself to some yarn)

Now, DH is getting hungry- so off to dinner we go! I am getting very used to eating out and not having to cook or clean~~~

Joanne~ sounds like you are really enjoying your vacation:cheer

well I went out got a prepaid MC so I could order some stuff online that I needed yarn :yarn:yarn:yarnfrom Deramores, the book I been looking for that no one seems to have in store (even when their inventory says they do lol) and a new case and screen protectors for my cell cause after a year of enough falls the case broke and crazy clue wont hold and now the screen protector is lifting. best of all my book will be here tomorrow cause I place my order just in time on amazon :D:D:D I am so excited!:yay:woo:dance

join on in! I believe though that pictures of whatever tote you are making is required... :rofl

yes pics are required:rofl:rofl:rofl

we do a lot of chatting and everyone is very encouraging and supportive whether its crafting or life

oh sherry dear be very careful with that recipe:droolI turned it into some "omg better givem' to the neighbors" cinnamon buns that will make me fluffy :fluffy:rofl

and i'm already stir crazy about checking the mail first of al I signed up for Crochet magazine and they were supposed to send me a free issue well that was in march so i emailed them and they said they would resend it and it would take another 17-21 days and well guess what I have received 2 bills for the subscription but i haven't got the free magazine to see if I even want the subscription!! GRRR

ok so I have the magazine(maybe), yarn stash(17 skeins, I got the Lucy pack), my book, and my new cell case and screen protector. I'm so excited I never get mail except the stub for my disability check lol

oh and I have the worst acid reflux going on right now been like that a few days now don't know why I am taking my regular med for it plus the 2 doses of the back up when it get worse:think

Happy Stiching:crocheting

Good morning!

Wow Joanne, sounds like tons of fun going on!

Welcome to Shellie!

Melanie, you crack me up!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll be keeping in again today .... temps up to 102. Baby K and I will take a quick trip out early then in in in!

Mama K

Thanks, guys. I don't have any pics yet - I have a new phone cam and have to figure it out, LOL

I think I use too much facebook, I keep looking for the "like" button :)

In case any of you need some eye candy this morning, I posted my two newest purses in the show and tell section (one in other crafts since it is sewn) so take a look if ya wanna!

Mama K

Thanks, guys. I don't have any pics yet - I have a new phone cam and have to figure it out, LOL

lol I do that on forums like this too :lol:lol :facebook:facebook:facebook

hey does the ville have a suggestion box?? I think we need a like button

Good morning!

Wow Joanne, sounds like tons of fun going on!

Welcome to Shellie!

Melanie, you crack me up!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll be keeping in again today .... temps up to 102. Baby K and I will take a quick trip out early then in in in!

Mama K

:lol:lol:lol

well my book is on the way by UPS! yarn will be here in 10-14 business days and cell case is on the way too WOOT WOOT!!

Hi all,

Home sweet home but missing the beautiful temps of NH and Maine! It's hot/humid here at home!! We had a great time, but it's good to be home too. I spent the afternoon with my DD and my GS--and I still have 2 more days off!!!

The bags are awesome that you made, Kuddles!!! Love them both!!!!! Great job!!!!

Melanie- Have fun with the Lucy pack of yarn!!!

Shellie- Welcome!!

all right - so you all are getting yarn from somewhere... but where? :) Around here, we have an AC Moore and that's it. Yesterday, we took the pilgrimage to JoAnn Fabrics, which is about 45 or so minutes away, and I was sorely disappointed. I hadn't been there in so long and I didn't realize they scaled back everything but fabrics and patterns. So there were no more choices for yarn than at Walmart. So tomorrow, I have to drop my kids off with their dad, and I pass a Hobby Lobby on the way home. Okay, so I don't pass it directly, but it's a 2.5 hr drive each way.. I don't think a few side streets is really out of the way.

So anyway, I am hoping to find a better selection there. The Red Heart yarn only gets you so far!

all right - so you all are getting yarn from somewhere... but where? :) Around here, we have an AC Moore and that's it. Yesterday, we took the pilgrimage to JoAnn Fabrics, which is about 45 or so minutes away, and I was sorely disappointed. I hadn't been there in so long and I didn't realize they scaled back everything but fabrics and patterns. So there were no more choices for yarn than at Walmart. So tomorrow, I have to drop my kids off with their dad, and I pass a Hobby Lobby on the way home. Okay, so I don't pass it directly, but it's a 2.5 hr drive each way.. I don't think a few side streets is really out of the way.

So anyway, I am hoping to find a better selection there. The Red Heart yarn only gets you so far!

Shellie~ I get yarn at walmart, zellers(which will be target in November), Michael's I have ordered from Lionbrand and my latest is from Deramores.

welcome back from vacation

ugh so amazon GRRR when i placed my order it said if i ordered within 2hrs I would have my book today well according to the tracking info It will be a week before I get it...frustrating

well it was too hot today so didn't go anywhere and i'm watching 21 jump street just started my stomach is going to be really sore from laughing:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Good morning!

Shellie- I get yarn at Michael's, AC Moore, and JoAnn's- and also have ordered from Deramores. They are based in the UK, but they have free shipping to the United States! I am working with the Stylecraft DK yarn to make a granny stripe afghan and I love it!!! I've been to Holly Lobby in PA (near Easton) which is a 2 hour drive from where I live, but they had a great selection of yarn. Their own brand is I love this Yarn and I love this cotton, both of which are very nice to work with. They are closed on Sunday's and make sure you take a coupon. They are finally opening up a Holly Lobby in August which is located about 10 min from where I work.

It's going to be a hot/humid/muggy 100 degree day here! Will be staying inside most of the day with the AC!!!!

Have a good one!

Hi all,

Home sweet home but missing the beautiful temps of NH and Maine! It's hot/humid here at home!! We had a great time, but it's good to be home too. I spent the afternoon with my DD and my GS--and I still have 2 more days off!!!

The bags are awesome that you made, Kuddles!!! Love them both!!!!! Great job!!!!

Glad you had fun! Ugh on the temps! Thanks for the kudos!

The Joann Superstores still have tons of yarn....was there yesterday, nothing really on sale so didn't pick up any. I have uh.....10 tubs of yarn so I probably don't need any.....

Good morning!

It's going to be a hot/humid/muggy 100 degree day here! Will be staying inside most of the day with the AC!!!!

Have a good one!

Ugh! Going to visit my family for the weekend and it is going to be....wait for it......105 there! O M G!! I may just melt!

Have a great weekend all....stay cool!

Mama K

Good morning!

Shellie- I get yarn at Michael's, AC Moore, and JoAnn's- and also have ordered from Deramores. They are based in the UK, but they have free shipping to the United States! I am working with the Stylecraft DK yarn to make a granny stripe afghan and I love it!!! I've been to Holly Lobby in PA (near Easton) which is a 2 hour drive from where I live, but they had a great selection of yarn. Their own brand is I love this Yarn and I love this cotton, both of which are very nice to work with. They are closed on Sunday's and make sure you take a coupon. They are finally opening up a Holly Lobby in August which is located about 10 min from where I work.

Have a good one!

Morning!

well in about 9 days i will have my Stylecraft DK yarn and i can't wait its good to know other like working with it as it is the first time for me:hook I just love the colors and since discovering Lucy at Attic24 I just crave the color and want to recreate everything on her site:hook and boy if I had $36oo bucks I would be going on the crochet tour with her for sure!

dang i did it again been up all night its 4:40 am here already again

oh boy i would be inside too with hot humid and muggy I don't do well in the heat my daughter too only take a few minutes and she gets heat stroke.

well have a great day everyone

hugs and healing to those who need it

and of coarse Happy Stitching:crocheting:hook

Joanne, from my "calculations," you live not more than 3.5 hours from me... Easton is about an hour and a half from here. I am near mt. pocono. :)

Hope you all are able to beat the heat! Thankfully my car has good AC, I will be in it most of the day. Then I will come home and spend time downstairs in the finished section of the basement, because it will be too hot upstairs. maybe I will get some stitching in :)

Welcome Shellie! You can order from Hobby Lobby--they have specials on free or reduced shipping (you can sign up for a weekly email that details all the specials), they put their yarns on sale every week, just have to check to see which ones are on sale. I order from HL if I can't find enough if I need dye lots to match.

Joanne - hope your week went well.

Melaine - glad you finally found the book you wanted!

mama K - hope all is well and you're staying cool!

Spent yesterday trying to get the room ready for DD to move into until she can find her another place. GSs are excited that they are back with us all the time (but I think DD isn't all the excited)--will have to go through the withdrawals again when they find their own place. She did get the wii back--the guy gave it to the neighbor's kids and when the neighbor found out DD house was broken into, she gave it back to DD. Too much seems strange about the whole thing--I think neighbor knows who did it. He also made a mess on some of the clothes and DD didn't realize it and put them in the washer and discovered what he'd done. Clothes were thrown away, included littlest GS favorite crochet blankie--which I will be replacing.

Have a lot more to do today, rented a storage unit for her stuff and we're moving some of our stuff in to make room here. And it's really hot again today.

Hope all are doing well! Hugs to all!

Welcome Shellie! You can order from Hobby Lobby--they have specials on free or reduced shipping (you can sign up for a weekly email that details all the specials), they put their yarns on sale every week, just have to check to see which ones are on sale. I order from HL if I can't find enough if I need dye lots to match.

Joanne - hope your week went well.

Melaine - glad you finally found the book you wanted!

mama K - hope all is well and you're staying cool!

Spent yesterday trying to get the room ready for DD to move into until she can find her another place. GSs are excited that they are back with us all the time (but I think DD isn't all the excited)--will have to go through the withdrawals again when they find their own place. She did get the wii back--the guy gave it to the neighbor's kids and when the neighbor found out DD house was broken into, she gave it back to DD. Too much seems strange about the whole thing--I think neighbor knows who did it. He also made a mess on some of the clothes and DD didn't realize it and put them in the washer and discovered what he'd done. Clothes were thrown away, included littlest GS favorite crochet blankie--which I will be replacing.

Have a lot more to do today, rented a storage unit for her stuff and we're moving some of our stuff in to make room here. And it's really hot again today.

Hope all are doing well! Hugs to all!

Sherrie I am glad your daughter and GS are safe from that and sad that the clothes and favorite blankie got destroyed I know hoe that feels when my son was just 2 he had a favorite blakie that he took to day home care while i worked and one of the other parents took it as it was nowhere to be found at the day home :(:(:(

so I'm really really glad your family is safe and huge:hug:hug:hug to them an you on the stress of the break in and moving

Shellie a huge welcome to you i know how hard it is to find good yarn and because we are all from different places not all the same options in our area are available other than online shopping that will ship to you

Stay cool everyone

well I stayed up all Friday till 8am Saturday then didn't get up til 1 am Sunday ugh too many medical terms for why my sleep is so erratic so I got up made to die for scone variation. I added 5 tbsps of premium cocoa and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. a tad more butter and the result OH lala!!:c9:c9:c9 they are just like brownies!

ok well have a great day all :hug and blessings

Happy Stitching:crocheting

oh ya I burn my finger removing my double chocolate scones from the pan and got a spider bite on my stomach while i was sleeping...aaackkk the are so itchy! spiders seem to be the only bug that like to bite me

Good morning!

Last day of 'vacation' for me! Thankfully, it is not as hot as yesterday- although it is supposed to hit 90 degrees. But that beats over 100 degrees so I'll take it!

Shellie- Did you get any stitching in yesterday after spending most of the day in the car?

Melanie- The scones sound delicious- but sorry you burned your finger taking them out of the oven. I have no desire to do any kind of baking when it is this hot outside. I don't want to heat up the house and make the AC work any harder than it already is> LOL

Sherry- I hope that it wasn't too hard yesterday getting things ready for DD to move back in and that you get to have a little 'me' time today.

Wishing EVERYONE a great Sunday!

hehehe Joane thankfully I have insomnia and live in vancouver so its not hot when your baking at 1am:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I feel for all of you with the scorching hot weather I have to stay out of it I swear i been in peri menopause for a decade now and i am only 39! I sweat even when at rest and god if i'm out in the sun I am usually drenched with sweat so gross and embarrassing so my anxiety cranks up and i sweat more *sigh*

I am going to try to get out today need TP lol see whats on sale at zellers since they are closing and reducing prices like crazy to get rid of inventory for Target will be taking its place all over the lower mainland

have a good day everyone

Taking a break - it's soooo hot out there. The boys are taking a nap (would LOVE to take one too, but that's not happening today). So far we've got a pickup load of "stuff" to put in storage and probably could take another one - LOL. We've got too much stuff according to my DD.

Well, break time is over. Have a great day!

Hugs to all!

Hope you get a little 'me' time, Sherry- you've been working hard!

Had a good day! Worked on my granny stripe for a bit, then started a shawl that I found here:

http://engineeredcrochet.blogspot.com/search/label/Shawl

Then I made a dishcloth that I found here:

http://ambassadorcrochet.com/2010/02/08/stitch-of-the-week-ripple-stitch/

My DD and GS came over and just left a little while ago. A perfect way to end my vacation!!!!

Good Monday Morning!!! It's back to work after a wonderful, relaxing vacation.

Kuddles- Hope you had a good visit with your family- and that the temps weren't too excruciatingly hot!

Archived