crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

pretty colors, do you know what your going to make with it?

tomorrow is suppose to be over 100. possibly beating the 102 record from the 4th. ugh I dont even want to go outside

I am going to recreate a wonderful afghan I saw on Attic24 but of course while I work with this lot I will be ordering more as it is a big project to fit my queen sized bed

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to recreate a wonderful afghan I saw on Attic24 but of course while I work with this lot I will be ordering more as it is a big project to fit my queen sized bed

oh thats pretty.

I was saddened tonight I logged into facebook and found out that one of my friends from high school had passed away. she was a lost soul and was in a lot of pain. I truly hope she has found peace.

Good morning,

Melanie- Have fun working on that blanket. I'm working on the granny stripe afghan, also from Attic24 and am using the Stylecraft DK yarn, which, BTW, I Love!!!!

tonya- so sorry to that one of your friends from HS. May she RIP.

Kuddles- They are saying that today will be around 100- and that we are in heatwave #4 of the summer. Oh, how I hope it cools down by the weekend for my GS first birthday party!!!

Hi to everyone else- have a good Tuesday!

Very pretty. I have a number of all different color small skeins of Knit Picks yarn that I inherited from my sister last year. I haven't been able to decide how to use it. That might be just the thing.

oh thats pretty.

I was saddened tonight I logged into facebook and found out that one of my friends from high school had passed away. she was a lost soul and was in a lot of pain. I truly hope she has found peace.

I'm sorry about your friend I am sure she has found peace:hug:hug:hug

Very pretty. I have a number of all different color small skeins of Knit Picks yarn that I inherited from my sister last year. I haven't been able to decide how to use it. That might be just the thing.

oh yes knit picks i nice it would work really well. I noticed they have mixed packs of colors too now:hook

Good morning,

Melanie- Have fun working on that blanket. I'm working on the granny stripe afghan, also from Attic24 and am using the Stylecraft DK yarn, which, BTW, I Love!!!!

tonya- so sorry to that one of your friends from HS. May she RIP.

Kuddles- They are saying that today will be around 100- and that we are in heatwave #4 of the summer. Oh, how I hope it cools down by the weekend for my GS first birthday party!!!

Hi to everyone else- have a good Tuesday!

oh I will be doing the granny stipe one too and the ripple :crocheting:crocheting:hook:hook

so i slept most of yesterday after my appointment was cancelled and got up at 11pm cleaned house watched some shows and slowly started my granny blanket omg you should see my bed i have like 8 skeins with the centers all pulled out :rofl:rofl:rofl my hooks my notebook and like 6 web pages opened hahaha i am so scattered right now and i know if I go to sleep I won't get up for my group so making coffee( i started it last night i found a recipe for making coffee concentrate by soaking your grinds in cold water over night) it works amazing and I'm finding i go through less grinds this way... sorry about my bad punctuation and run on sentences... anyway i put 8 tbsp of coarse grind and fill my french press to rim with cold filtered water and soak overnight then press and pour into 2 litre jug filled with ice and 8 pumps of hazelnut syrup from Starbuck's and I'm good for the day:D

oh i also cut my hair and braided it. i just gave myself some bangs once i get ready to go out I might take a picture

it's going to be hot today(for me) supposed to be 25 today so definitely flip flops

hope you all are well

thanks for the support I really appreciate it:hug:hug:hug you gals are great

Hot, HOT, HOT!!!

Can't wait for this heatwave to break!!!

Hope you made it to group, Melanie.

Tonight I'll work on something small- even though I have AC, the thought of a blanket on my lap just makes me HOT!

So sorry about your friend. Your description really struck a chord with me. It sounds so like my sister who was estranged from the family and died of cancer last year. I hope she, too, has finally found peace.

Prayers for you and your friend's family.

Joanne - I hear you- HOT, HOT, HOT--we're going to have more of the same for the rest of this week and probably next week.

Tonya - sorry to hear of your loss.

Mama K - hoping you're staying cool!

Melanie - such pretty yarn!! Hope things are settling down for you.

Ann - thinking of you.

Hope all have a great evening and stay cool tomorrow!

hello everyone

the yarn:c9 so pretty in person I just about have 4 lil squares done and I am using the join as you go method and loving it :manyheartso much better than sitting with a stack of grannies and stitching them together. One square down 35 more to go :hook

thanks for the good wishes. I did make it to group came home and had a nap and just got up feeling groggy still lol fighting the urge to go back to sleep so going to get hooking and watch some shows.

hope you all are well hugs and good wishes for those that need them:hug:hug:hug

happy stitching:crocheting

post-59918-135897769237_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Hot, Hot, Hot again today--but supposed to get some T-storms later on or this evening and the 'heatwave' is supposed to break. That would be a welcome relief.

Melanie- Love how your project is turning out. Don't you love the Stylecraft DK yarn? I did end up working a little on a scarf, and then the lure of the colorful granny stripe afghan called to me and I did another stripe and 1/2 which is 2 1/2 rows.

Sherry- Sorry to hear you are supposed to have this dang heat for another week. i sure hope the temps cool down like they say--at least for Saturday since that is GS first birthday party.

Kuddles- How's work in the trailer going? Are you settling in?

Morning yawn.........tired this am!

Joanne, settling in 'okay'.....very cramped and since I sit 5 ft from my boss, I'm in every conversation he has and yesterday he burped quite loudly! Ahhhh this is gonna be so fun.....

Hey Sherry, Mona, Melanie....

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Morning all!

OMG! I have to find a dentist no more procrastinating the whole right jaw is killing me partly because las summer a filling fell out so it's half a molar lef ant partly because I clench and grind my jaw in when I sleep again. I used to have a bite plate many moons ago however teeth shifted and eventually it got lost in all the moving sigh...

Joanne yes I love this Stylecraft DK yarn and I doubt I will ever buy anything else again!:c9:c9:c9 hard to resist that yarn and those patterns from lucy:think

Mamma K I feel for ya it will really suck when he farts :rofl:rofl:rofl sorry I couldn't resist

Weather here is overcast but hot and muggy icky sticky and I don't smell rain coming so yuck

I'm not sure what time it was when i went to sleep think it was 3:30 am ish woke up just before 7 and feel kinda rested so must be the hooking therapy:hook

Hope you all are good and have a great day:hug

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Worked late and another late one tonight since we ran into some glitches while we were doing an upgrade. At least I can leave early tomorrow (and it better happen cause I'm counting on it- LOL)

Storms came through late yesterday afternoon- cooled things down somewhat. Some more rain, T-storms in forecast for today. Glad I didn't have to drive home in the storms so it was a blessing in disguise that I was working late!

Stay cool and have a good day everyone!

Hello everyone! Many of you know that I have been having some health issues and was awaiting surgery. My initial surgery date of June 27th was cancelled as they wanted me to consult with my cardiologist prior to surgery. Well, yesterday morning at 7:30 I finally had the surgery and am currently in the hospital recovering. I am expected to be going home on Saturday as long as all continues to go smoothly. Thanks to all of you who sent your good wishes and prayers. They meant so much to me! :hug :hug :hug

Hello everyone! Many of you know that I have been having some health issues and was awaiting surgery. My initial surgery date of June 27th was cancelled as they wanted me to consult with my cardiologist prior to surgery. Well, yesterday morning at 7:30 I finally had the surgery and am currently in the hospital recovering. I am expected to be going home on Saturday as long as all continues to go smoothly. Thanks to all of you who sent your good wishes and prayers. They meant so much to me! :hug :hug :hug

:clap:clap Great news!!!! Positive thoughts and prayers for an uneventful recovery and hopes that you will be home on Saturday!!!!:hug:hug

Hi all,

Had a decent day and didn't have to work late--I will on Monday night though.

Temps are good now, cloudy all day with some spritzes and the weekend is supposed to be comfortable, which is perfect for Ryan's first birthday party!!

Good news- My oldest from Boston is coming down on Saturday for the party:clap

Glad that things went well! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

speedy recovery being prayed for you!

Well, it was soooooooooo hot today--111 on the sign outside my office. Tomorrow will be just as bad.

Joanne enjoy that birthday party for Ryan!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Good morning!

Happy Saturday!!!

We had rain yesterday- much needed- along with cooler temps. Today is supposed hit high of 80 and be partly cloudy--which will be perfect for an outdoor party- not too hot!

Hope all is well with everyone- and that you are all keeping cool. Miss seeing posts from everyone- but know how life often gets in the way.

Hugs to you all

Hope all is well with everyone- and that you are all keeping cool. Miss seeing posts from everyone- but know how life often gets in the way.

Hugs to you all

It's evidently been as busy at everybody's house as it's been at mine!

Hopes for coming home from the hospital, feeling better real soon, fun at the birthday party, etc. and a relaxing weekend to all.

I plan to read a lot and crochet some if the mood and energy is there. It's still hot and humid here, so hopefully I'll be inside the whole time.

Hi all,

Had a decent day and didn't have to work late--I will on Monday night though.

Temps are good now, cloudy all day with some spritzes and the weekend is supposed to be comfortable, which is perfect for Ryan's first birthday party!!

Good news- My oldest from Boston is coming down on Saturday for the party:clap

YAY have a great day today enjoy!

hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery:hug:hug

well what a roller coaster of a week for me. as i try to repply and ppost my mind keeps switching off so no thoughts. my mind feels blank except for thinking it feels blank if that makes any sense at all. I went to both groups this week after Thursday's group i came home and went to bed just got up at 4 am this morning but just want to lay back down and close my eyes again and i'm trying hard not too.

I got one more square for my blanket done on wednesday going to try hard to do another today

hope you all have a great weekend

health and hugs to all

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Good Morning all! Went to GS karate tournament yesterday, it was at White Water Bay (a huge water park). He did great, he got 2 first place trophies (couldn't talk him into doing 4 events instead of 2)! Great nephew also got 2 first place and 2 second place trophies! So proud of both of them! Then we got to go into the park and swim--had a great time and got sunburned even with sunscreen on. But it's not too bad.

Hope to spend some time today crocheting. I now have 3 blankets to make--latest one is a special request to make another since the first one I made is now getting really worn (it's at least 8 years old). So I guess I'd better get to HL this week and get some yarn, or I'll never get them done!

Hope all have a great day! Stay cool!

Good Monday Morning!

Sherry- I definitely think a trek to HL is in order--with 3 afghan orders!!! Good luck getting them done!!!

That's great about your GS! What a fun place to have a karate tournament!!! Especially with the hot summer weather. We actually had wonderful weather this past weekend- 80 degrees and low humidity. It was really nice. Humidity, rain are coming back this week.

Kuddles- How's things? Did you do anything exciting this weekend?

Ann- Thinking of you!!!!!

Off to get ready for a Long day- I have to work late tonight- not the way I like to start the week, but the option was to do it Fri night late or the weekend--and I said I can't and will do it Monday night--so now Monday is here and time to just get it over with.

hi all

ann hope you are feeling better.

hope everyone has a little nicer weather. i hear it was beautiful out here but i worked so I slept through it. I am pretty excited though because I get to shadow a nurse in the SICU. they will have a new open heart surgery pt and I get to learn about that. pretty geeked. I am looking at options on where I want to go to next and what i need to do to progress further into a more advanced degree.

Archived