crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Hi Pat! Looking forward to seeing the tote you make.

Joanne - nope didn't get it last night. DH worked 12 hours so we are going this morning. I've got to get going, I have 1 week to make the crimson/cream RR--the shower is next Saturday!! Hopefully I can get enough yarn to make a replacement blankie for GS as well for his birthday this month. Hope your computer problems get fixed soon.

Ann - keep on resting and get well.

Christie - glad you go the staples out. Take it easy and do lots of crocheting!

Well, we're off to breakfast and the HL! Have a great weekend.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cable guy has come and gone and fixed the issue- it was something with the outside cable to the house so he replaced it and made sure all connections were nice and tight! Hope that does the trick- and I have to say the computer seems quicker!

Hope you had a nice breakfast out, (my fav meal to go out for ) and get your yarn that you need Sherry! Good luck getting the afghan gone done in a week!!! Guess I know what you'll be doing every evening!

Almost done with my Granny Stripe- on the last round of the border. I decided to keep it simple- 2 rows of DC, 1 row of HDC and one row of SC! I'm ready to be done and as much as I love the bright happy colors, I'm ready to move on to something else!!!

good afternoon all!

well I am feeling a bit better just hope the pain settles down before I run out of advil lol

well I got an email this morning someone has an 8 month old female yorkie so I sent a reply asking if I could come meet her and its killing me the waiting for confirmation lol I am so hyper i can't even focus on the lil bed mat I was going to start i'm just running around my place scattered doing lil things here and there and laughing at myself too

joanne glad the cable guy got you all fixed up. i would love to see your granny stripe when all done I am curious to see the boarder I can't picture it so if you could post a pic that would be sweet!

Sherry where di you go for breaky? lets see what you got from HL too k:hook

Christie yes i too am glad the staples are out those must hurt I am surprized they didn't glue you shut they do that alot here (my son cracked his head several times kid was always doing crazy crap ADHD and ODD)

Pat I too look forward to your finished tote:hook

ok got to stir my frozen yogurt mm can't wait for it to be done so I can eat it it is so tempting with each stir lol oh i am also trying my hand at a sourdough starter so far its looking good on day 3 today

UPDATE: tomorrow I am going to meet an 8 month old yorkie :D I also been contacted by a lady with chihuahuas so just waiting for her call :D decisions decisions but not sure how much the chi lady cut off her price(don't even know what it is she just said she won't give for free and willing to negotiate)

Melanie - hope you get a great dog. :)

Joanne - glad you got your computer problems fixed! :cheer:cheer

Well I got ILTY in cranberry and cream for the RR. Have started it and have done several rows tonight. Will be doing LOTS more tomorrow--LOL. Also got some more red for GS new blankie. Will try to work on it when he's sleeping but we'll see how it goes. I have almost a month to do his.

Saw the weather report and there's no relief in sight--the next 7 days will be 102 or higher :hot:sun:hot

Have a great evening!

Nice colors for the RR, Sherry!!! Try and stay cool!!! Next week, is hazy, hot, humid here, but don't think it'll reach 100 (which is fine by me)

I finished the border on the Granny Stripe last night watching the Olympics!! Will try and get some pictures later!!!

omg the heat!

and ouchie i'm calling the dentist in the morning as she said if it hurts without doing anything or is sensitive to hot or cold i have to go back

but best of all i brought home a lil yorkie today! i could not resist and i am a sucker lol she is 8 months old and super on a leash! she likes to always be on the left and always stay beside you and checks her right to make sure of her placement to me when we walk. she does need socializing still as i noticed she was shaking when meeting me but we have been home just over an hour now and she has settled in and laying against my butt lol

now its just a matter of getting her potty schedule and breaking any bad habits she has like as i have been typing she started to growl at what i do not know since there are lots of sounds but good consistent firm 'NO' and she stopped :) i'll get some pics soo i'm just pooped out so going to chill with my girl oh and i need a name for her too lol

Hi everyone I have been hang low working on quilts for Christmas and stuff for Kendra. I am doing the Noah's ark blanket for the olympics on here I am 13 rows in so far I have never done a ripple before and this is going pretty quick. Hope everyone's weekend was good

Good morning!

Melanie- Enjoy your new furbaby! Can't wait to see a pic of her!!

tonya- I'll bet the Noah's Ark is going to be stunning!!! Glad you are having fun with it!

I got pics of the granny stripe, but didn't have time to upload them to the computer. DD and GS spent the afternon and early evening and when they went home, all I did was pick up the pointy sticks to do some newly learned knitting and watch the Olympics. Wow is knitting so much slower than crochet--but it's kind of fun learning something new.

Off for another busy week at work--and I'm running late so I'd better skoot!

Melanie - such a sweetie!! Enjoy her. Got a name for her yet?

Joanne - hope your day went better than mine! Still no computers for everyone and it will probably be next week before everything is up and running. So I had to bring home work for tonight. I hope I get to crochet some, I've still got a lot of rounds to do on the RR.

Ann - hope things are going well for you and you're getting rest.

Hi all,

I went to Craft Club tonight and did some more knitting! It's kind of fun- but slow---and tonight I'll pick up the hook for a bit before calling it a night!

Melanie- Your furbaby is adorable!!! Hope she is behaving herself!!

Sherry- That stinks about the computer at work---Not fun taking work home at night!!!

Ann- I thought about you today and hope that you are doing ok- Talked to DD since I'm heading to your fine state this weekend!!

Joanne~ knitting is much slower and for me extremely hard since my fingers hate me(Raynauld's Disease & Fibromyalgia) but I am glad you are enjoying it :) are you English or Continental? do you like straights or circular needle? I personally am in love with my Knit Picks Circular set and the videos on knitting help dot com are awesome and how I learned to knit

Ann~ i'm thinking of you too hope you are well

she is really good and glued to me already and protecting her home when she hears people walk by but i'm sure with consistent firm "NO" she will learn she will get used to the neighbors and landlord fussing around outside. I have been keeping a close eye on her as she has yet to do her business on our many trips to the local piddle spot lol i also marked a pee pad from the piddle she did on the floor oopsy.she does not like the stairs going to and from the front door (like a patio area)so that's cool she can come out off leash. she has not eaten or drank much at all but i'm sure she will soon since she is making herself quite comfortable :D

as for a name my brain says she is a 'Sophie' but I am not settled on it however I have a feeling it just might be permanent as with previous pets and my kids, the names that popped in my head at first always stuck but I like 'Sookie"too (yes I am a True Blood Fan LOL)

Melanie--such a cute pup!

Sherry--hope you're getting off work early since you're working at home. I hate it when computers don't work.

Joanne--I thought about learning to knit (a friend wanted to), but I kept hearing it was slower than crochet; so I decided to just stick with what I already knew.

Ann--hope you're resting and crocheting

MamaK and Sue--hope all is well with you -- and with everyone else in the group!

DH is home sick, but I've been getting in some good "Olympics" crocheting. Too hot to go out and do anything.

It's sooooooo hot here--record of 108, tomorrow is suppoed to 111, ugh. It's so hot that I don't want to crochet but I have to get that blanket done by Saturday. At least I can work in a/c and have a fan going.

Joanne hope your day was good.

Melanie - hope the new furbaby is doing well.

Mona - I got Friday afternoon off because I had to work at home. Hopefully I can get some more time off this week as I'm working at home again tonight.

Stay cool!!

Hi all. I had send a message to Ann with a question. I just thought she was resting a lot but here's part of the reply I got from her. "I was in the hospital again! THREE times in July, can you believe it! I've had enough! I'm ready to heal and get stronger. My dog isn't going to recognize me if I keep this up! lol! I hope you are doing well. Please give my best to the girls in the tote group. I had planned on stopping in, but I'm worn out from answering mail and I think it's time for a nap."

So keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Hi all. I had send a message to Ann with a question. I just thought she was resting a lot but here's part of the reply I got from her. "I was in the hospital again! THREE times in July, can you believe it! I've had enough! I'm ready to heal and get stronger. My dog isn't going to recognize me if I keep this up! lol! I hope you are doing well. Please give my best to the girls in the tote group. I had planned on stopping in, but I'm worn out from answering mail and I think it's time for a nap."

Thanks for the update, Sherry.

Oh, Ann, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. I think of you every time I'm on this thread and you will continue in my prayers.

Ann :hug:hug:hug:hug hope you are getting well and nothing wlse puts you back in hospital hun,

I have no idea wear the last week has gone it flew by. I have decided to call my new bff Sookie. Sookie is a clingon :rofl:rofl:rofl and I figured out that she only like to potty on pavement not grass but she has also peed on the pad no BM on the potty pad yet but no messes to clean(stool pickup left no mess;))

i started making her a toy but I have to pick up a squeeker to put inside :D. she had her first home alone yesterday while i went to group I was gone 3 hrs and the neighbor said he didn't hear her at all:cheer:cheer:cheer omg and it is so nice to be greeted and mauled when I come home :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I have alot of group skills homework Mindfullness is not easy:thair:thair:thair

So between puppy love who seems to just want to snuggle up and sleep all the time :lol I have to try and focus and practice being mindful

I missing you all

be well

ttys

Happy Stitching:crocheting:hook

Good morning

Have had internet issues and hopefully they have no finally resolved the issue. Cable co was here Sat and it seemed ok, then it went out again. They were back yesterday- traced the problem to the cable on the pole that feeds the house .

Sherry- Enjoy your day off today- you are still off, right? How's your RR coming along?

Thanks for the update on Ann

Ann- sending positive thoughts and lots of virtual hugs! I think of you often, and will especially be thinking of you tomorrow as I head to Boston and am in your great state!

Melanie- Sooki is a cute name- glad that you and she are becoming pals and good luck with the focusing!

Off to get ready for work--Hugs to you all

No Joanne - I'm not off. I'm still doing work at home and at work. Not sure when the computers will be fixed. Will know something today--the "powers" are now talking maybe doing a new server instead of fixing the old one (which was refurbished to begin with). Haven't got to work on the RR much either. So she will get it with a note that I'll finish and get it to her as soon as I can.

Joanne - hope your computer problems are fixed!

Melanie - sounds like Sookie is adjusting well. Enjoy her!

It's been so hot--the last two days the high was 112. Today is supposed to be 110. It was 85 at 6 a.m.

Stay cool and have a great Friday!

Good Morning everyone!

thank you Sherry and Joanne we are getting on very well tho she is skiddish like if you shake open a garbage bag or potty pad she back up with her ears tucked down :( and she really needs socializing so I'm going to look up dog parks and get us out there socializing as I probably should too. But ya it like she totally glued to me she won't even go drink or eat if it means going to the kitchen without me and for some reason she won't eat in the kitchen so for now just her water is in the kitchen and I feed her at 8:30am and 4:30pm on a plate on my bed and she eats while I watch shows and surf the net. and I may have her poop schedule tomorrow we shall see before breakfast as I think around 8 am she will need to. this is like raising a baby but i like this much better(oh god how awful am I to say that:ohdear)

anyways I am going to the dentist in a few hours yay! this time I'm getting prescription pain meds OTC don't help

have a great day all

Dentist Report:

WOOT WOOT I am special lol my dentist told me so it must be true hahaha

took 90 minutes to take out 1 tooth and she could not believe it herself damn thing not only did it have 3 roots but they were like hooks! one for the medical dentistry books and I wish I would have taken a picture for you all

oh ya and as she was trying to pull it felt like it was hooked to my nose and cheekbone. a few stitches some gauze and prescription for a week of antibiotics and pain as I suspected but i'm on the last of the guaze and it is still bleeding some

Hope you feel a little better today Melanie- Wow 90 minutes to remove a tooth!!!

It's hot here in Boston- I left early this morning which was good since I had no traffic on the way up!

Have a good Saturday!

Joanne - enjoy your time!!

Melanie hope you're feeling better.

I'm off to the baby shower with a RR that's not completed. Wrote her a note that is attached that she has to return it after the shower so I can finish it.

It's still really HOT here. We've set record temps of 113 for 3 days in a row = ugh

Have a great weekend!

Thank you i'm doing pretty good except for some reason I am now allergic to amoxacillin and t3's which I have never had a problem with before so I called the dentist back and she prescribed a different antibiotic but said to just take advil ugh so i told the receptionist who called that they were not stron enough and i couldn't afford them anyway but the dentist had left already and won't be in until Tuesday so yay i get to suffer in pain grrr

Hope everyone is hanging in there or even better doing great.

I'm back filling in as secretary at DH's office. So a lot less free time.

I made another of Sue's cotton market bags this weekend; slowly filling my Christmas list.

Sookie and I had a very sleepy weekend. I made a total mess not paying close attention while i tried to crochet her a toy lmao too much playing and not enough counting hahaha so started over and stopped when unable to focus marking where i left off this time. it may take a while to make at this rate.

I can't believe how tired I am with all the sleep I have been getting may have something to do with the sick traumatic nightmares I have been having and they seem to be getting more frequent :(

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Archived