crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

hi all

ann hope you are feeling better.

hope everyone has a little nicer weather. i hear it was beautiful out here but i worked so I slept through it. I am pretty excited though because I get to shadow a nurse in the SICU. they will have a new open heart surgery pt and I get to learn about that. pretty geeked. I am looking at options on where I want to go to next and what i need to do to progress further into a more advanced degree.

Sounds very exciting. My DD works in the OR now after spending almost 3 years in the ER and LOVES it. She calls it 'controlled' stress as opposed to out of control stress in the ER.

Hope you all had a good day- seems like lots are dropping out of this CAL which really isn't a CAL anymore..:(

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a good time, the nurse I shadowed was very nice and explained everything. Im not really sure if I would want to do cardiac, but trauma really interests me. I was observing on a new CABGX3.

Joanne - saw your afghan on the other cal--it's beautiful!!

Tonya - glad you're enjoying your time in another area.

I hope to get some totes made (after I get the 3 baby afghans made) for Christmas. All new teachers this year--so they can get one for Christmas. Also had a request for dishcloths--so I'd better get busy!!

Hope you are all doing well.

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes. I did make it home from the hospital on Saturday and have been resting and recuperating. I went out to dinner tonight with my mom and dh. It was my first time out since the surgery and it was nice, but exhausting. :lol

Sherry, I have had some SBTs calling out to me lately too. I hope to fit them in my schedule soon. :hook

hi all

ann hope you are feeling better.

hope everyone has a little nicer weather. i hear it was beautiful out here but i worked so I slept through it. I am pretty excited though because I get to shadow a nurse in the SICU. they will have a new open heart surgery pt and I get to learn about that. pretty geeked. I am looking at options on where I want to go to next and what i need to do to progress further into a more advanced degree.

I had a good time, the nurse I shadowed was very nice and explained everything. Im not really sure if I would want to do cardiac, but trauma really interests me. I was observing on a new CABGX3.

glad you are enjoying exploring further into a more advanced degree:D

Joanne - saw your afghan on the other cal--it's beautiful!!

Tonya - glad you're enjoying your time in another area.

I hope to get some totes made (after I get the 3 baby afghans made) for Christmas. All new teachers this year--so they can get one for Christmas. Also had a request for dishcloths--so I'd better get busy!!

Hope you are all doing well.

well get busy lady lol happy stitching:crocheting:hook

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes. I did make it home from the hospital on Saturday and have been resting and recuperating. I went out to dinner tonight with my mom and dh. It was my first time out since the surgery and it was nice, but exhausting. :lol

Sherry, I have had some SBTs calling out to me lately too. I hope to fit them in my schedule soon. :hook

glad you were able to go home to rest and recoup:manyheart and enjoy a dinner out

I got a bunch of yarn on clearance today an its screaming to be made into a bag so I started a masa bag and will felt it

nothing screams louder than yarn on sale :rofl:rofl:rofl

well i haven't been into doing much lately I did get 2 more squares for my blanket done tho and lots of resting. still have not made it into a dentist i only seem concerned about it when it hurts lol kind of a busy week this week. had an appointment today, shopping tomorrow and appointments thursday and friday. i'm really not into any of it i swear i had a million excuses not to go today even but managed to force myself out

think i will close my eyes for a bit see if that helps

wishing you all well

happy stitching:crocheting

Melanie, I didn't know you were having dental problems and don't know the extent of them, but please get it taken care of. Infections in your teeth can be both painful and soooo dangerous. :hug

Hi all,

Quick post to wish you all a good day.....

tonya- Glad you enjoyed your day and seeing the CABG!!

What is a mesa bag?

Sherry- Get hooking!!! Seems like you have a lot of things that need to be made!!!! LOL

Melanie- I agree with Christie- take care of the tooth!

Christie- Glad you had a good night out and that you are recuperating and recovering nicely

Off I go to get ready for Paradise!

Joanne - hope you have a good day in Paradise!!

Melanie - I agree to get your tooth fixed. I'm so glad I had mine pulled, I feel so much better.

Christie - glad you are home! Don't overdo and get some rest. Now's the perfect time to crochet!

Well, this week has been terrible--server went down (crashed) over the weekend so no computers! Still not up and working, will have to reload all the software, ugh. At least we have an IT person to do that. So I may be home later today working on my computer to get things done.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Hi all,

Quick post to wish you all a good day.....

tonya- Glad you enjoyed your day and seeing the CABG!!

What is a mesa bag?

Sherry- Get hooking!!! Seems like you have a lot of things that need to be made!!!! LOL

Melanie- I agree with Christie- take care of the tooth!

Christie- Glad you had a good night out and that you are recuperating and recovering nicely

Off I go to get ready for Paradise!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/masa-bag basically a large rectangle and then its folded.

good morning all!

Joanne your granny stripe is looking awesome! I recognize my favorite yarn:lol

ok ladies if all goes well i will get into the dentist soon maybe even today but damn why does time stand still when you are waiting for the mail so you can start your day:thair got another hour to go before the mail gets here *sigh* then off to do some shopping and maybe some lunch

I am so dreading going out as the sun is back in full force today

****UPDATE:

ok so last week I nervously asked my landlord if I could get a small dog for a companion to help with my Depression AND I waited anxiously trying hard not to bug them and it paid off I just asked if they had made a decision and it is a yes!!!

have a good day everyone

Melanie - so glad that you get to have a small dog!!! Let us know when you get one!

Another HOT day here--it's been 12 straight days of 100 plus temps--so tired of HOT--of course this winter, I'll be tired of the cold!

Will get to go to HL on Friday to get the yarn! Yea!! It's on sale and DH gets a discount, so it will be worth waiting to go.

Great news that you can get a small dog, Melanie---and I hope you get to the dentist soon too!!!

Sherry- Yay for getting to HL AND for the discount!!!!

Yesterday was a nice weather day- 80's low humidity- so I went over to DD's after work and we took GS and her dog for a nice long walk. It was a good way to end the day.

Weather is getting hotter and humid over the next 5 days so wanted to get that walk in. Today should be 99 with thunderstorms later on.

Good wishes for a good day today!!! It's almost the weekend- so that is always a positive!!!

Hello my dear friends! Just a quick pop in to let you know that I'm still around. I ended up back in the hospital last week for an infection in my port. I'm pretty tired, but hanging in there. No crocheting in the hospital due to IV's in hands, but I did manage to finish a scarf that was a WIP since I got home late Sat night. :hook I'm working hard to get my strength back. Between visiting nurses, pt, ot, and home health aides something should give! :tup

Melanie, congrats on being able to get a doggie! :clap My little Juno brings me soooo much joy!

Sherry, Woot for HL and discounts!

Joanne, how's that little gs of your's doing? Getting big I bet! Maddie is all over the place now that she has discovered walking! :lol

Christie, sending big hugs and hoping you recover nicely! :hug

MamaK, hope you and Baby K are enjoying your summer!

Tonya, love that masa bag! Hope you're having a good summer!

Sue, hope you are doing well!

Hope all my friends here are doing well and having a terrific summer! I'll try to pop in again soon. Take care! :hug

Mama K, Sue,

Ann--so good to see you on line. Hope you'll get your strength back real soon. Glad you're able to do some crocheting.

Melanie--hope you'll find the perfect little pup

It's been really quiet here. Hope everyone is like me and just busy and lurking. Not much crocheting time lately.

Wishes for a good weekend to all!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/masa-bag basically a large rectangle and then its folded.

This bag has been in my Ravelry queue for quite some time, but I find it a little intimidating. I have never felted anything! Can't wait to see yours!

ok ladies if all goes well i will get into the dentist soon maybe even today

****UPDATE:

ok so last week I nervously asked my landlord if I could get a small dog for a companion to help with my Depression AND I waited anxiously trying hard not to bug them and it paid off I just asked if they had made a decision and it is a yes!!!

Hope you made it to the dentist! :yay for being allowed to get a small dog!!! Any specific breed you are looking for?

Another HOT day here--it's been 12 straight days of 100 plus temps--so tired of HOT--of course this winter, I'll be tired of the cold!

Will get to go to HL on Friday to get the yarn! Yea!! It's on sale and DH gets a discount, so it will be worth waiting to go.

Weather here has been unbearably hot too, but I do the same thing. I complain about the heat all summer and the cold all winter. Just can't seem to get comfortable. Hope you stay cool today!

:yay for discounts at HL... I NEED a job there!!! :lol

Yesterday was a nice weather day- 80's low humidity- so I went over to DD's after work and we took GS and her dog for a nice long walk. It was a good way to end the day.

Weather is getting hotter and humid over the next 5 days so wanted to get that walk in. Today should be 99 with thunderstorms later on.

Good wishes for a good day today!!! It's almost the weekend- so that is always a positive!!!

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the nice weather before it turns ugly. Have a wonderful day and just keep your eye toward that weekend!

Hello my dear friends! Just a quick pop in to let you know that I'm still around. I ended up back in the hospital last week for an infection in my port. I'm pretty tired, but hanging in there. No crocheting in the hospital due to IV's in hands, but I did manage to finish a scarf that was a WIP since I got home late Sat night. :hook I'm working hard to get my strength back. Between visiting nurses, pt, ot, and home health aides something should give! :tup

Hope all my friends here are doing well and having a terrific summer! I'll try to pop in again soon. Take care! :hug

Sorry to hear about the infection, but glad you are now back home and *I hope* mending well! :hug

I hate it when they put IVs in my hands! When they tell me I will just have to keep my hand still, I just look at them like they are stupid. Most of the time, when they discover that I will crochet one way or another, they will find another spot. (Unfortunately, having "difficult" veins, sometimes there is no help for it.) Glad you are able to crochet now.

It's been really quiet here. Hope everyone is like me and just busy and lurking. Not much crocheting time lately.

Hopefully everyone is just enjoying the summer and will be back in a few weeks... :D

Ann so glad you are ok hope your port heals without any more complications(my mom had one put in 2 years ago)

thank you all for the congrats on being able to get a pup. I am looking for either an chihuahua or yorkie perfectly managable and portable :D

I have a dentist appointment for tomorrow afternoon I have a feeling i'm not going to like what he says but alas my own fault for procrastinating oh well worst case he pulls the darn tooth while i'm awake which didn't go over well with me when I was 7 and a dentist tried to remove a few teeth to solve my overcrowding issue(dentist nightmare!:eek

Good morning!

Wonderful to see a post from Ann! Sorry you have been having a rough go of it lately- big hugs to you!!! Positive thoughts and prayers for regaining your strength!!!

Ryan isn't walking on his own yet- close, but not there yet-He gets around by holding onto things or just getting down and crawling all over! He's just so lovable and happy all the time. Will be spending time with him again this weekend! WOOT!!!

Kuddles- Missing your posts- how's things in Chi-town?

Sherry- Hope that the computer issues are getting worked out. Did you work from home? Have fun at HL today!

Melanie- Good luck at the dentist today! Glad you got an appointment!

tonya- Are you still shadowing in the ICU? Love that bag pattern you posted!

Mona- Hot here too- hope you have a nice weekend as well!

Christie- Hope you are resting some to give your body change to recuperate after your surgery. How are you feeling?

Off to 'make the donuts'....

Ann - so glad to hear from you but sorry you've been so sick. Will continue prayers for you.

Mama K - how are things?

Melanie - hope things go well at the dentist. Good luck on finding a little dog.

Christie - hope you're recovering well. Get plenty of rest.

Tonya - Hope things are going well for you.

Joanne - hope you have a good day.

The server is still down and will be down for at least 2 weeks. I have to some work at the office and some at home. Makes for a very LONG day. Will be taking off at noon today since I've worked at home in the evenings.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Good morning!

Ryan isn't walking on his own yet- close, but not there yet-He gets around by holding onto things or just getting down and crawling all over! He's just so lovable and happy all the time. Will be spending time with him again this weekend! WOOT!!!

tonya- Are you still shadowing in the ICU? Love that bag pattern you posted!

no I only did the shadow 1 night. but i am very intrigued by it and am thinking i will pursue it soon.

I can't wait to be able to see my grandson. little Benjamin is going to bring much joy since when they move back next may I will be helping watch him so kendra can work while chris is in school. I miss little ones.

Ann--so good to see you on line. Hope you'll get your strength back real soon. Glad you're able to do some crocheting.

Thanks Mona! I actually feel pretty good today compared to how I have been. It felt wonderful making that scarf yesterday too! I need to get my hooks moving more! :hook I hope you aren't too busy to enjoy the summer before it slips by! :hug

Sorry to hear about the infection, but glad you are now back home and *I hope* mending well! :hug

I hate it when they put IVs in my hands! When they tell me I will just have to keep my hand still, I just look at them like they are stupid. Most of the time, when they discover that I will crochet one way or another, they will find another spot. (Unfortunately, having "difficult" veins, sometimes there is no help for it.) Glad you are able to crochet now.

Hopefully everyone is just enjoying the summer and will be back in a few weeks... :D

The nurses were very good about where they were putting the IV's and felt bad that they couldn't use my port. Sometimes I think they hurt almost as much as I did when they where putting the needles in! :lol

Ann so glad you are ok hope your port heals without any more complications(my mom had one put in 2 years ago)

thank you all for the congrats on being able to get a pup. I am looking for either an chihuahua or yorkie perfectly managable and portable :D

I have a dentist appointment for tomorrow afternoon I have a feeling i'm not going to like what he says but alas my own fault for procrastinating oh well worst case he pulls the darn tooth while i'm awake which didn't go over well with me when I was 7 and a dentist tried to remove a few teeth to solve my overcrowding issue(dentist nightmare!:eek

Ooohhh, I love chi's! I used to have a chi/pom mix. She was the sweetest little thing! My oldest son and DIL have 2 chi's and her mother and sister have 10 between the two of them. :eek Good luck at the dentist. :hug

Good morning!

Wonderful to see a post from Ann! Sorry you have been having a rough go of it lately- big hugs to you!!! Positive thoughts and prayers for regaining your strength!!!

Oh, you just wait until Ryan lets go of things and takes off! :lol Enjoy your time with him this weekend!

Ann - so glad to hear from you but sorry you've been so sick. Will continue prayers for you.

The server is still down and will be down for at least 2 weeks. I have to some work at the office and some at home. Makes for a very LONG day. Will be taking off at noon today since I've worked at home in the evenings.

Computer problems, bleh! Hope things straighten out soon. Thank you for the prayers.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers everyone. They are greatly appreciated! :hug

OUCH! spent and hour and a half at the dentist 8 shots while she worked on removing and rebuilding parts of my tooth I think I should have just told her to pull it as It hurts more than it did before now and she said if i have any more problems with it she has to pull it anyway or a root canal and crown this hurts more than a migraine!:(

thanks for all the kind wishes on finding a lil dog

i'm off to try and sleep the pain away

HI all,

Having some internet issues, tech is coming today. Couldn't get on last night,and they said it might come back on and it did this morning. Still having the tech come since the diagnostics they ran showed that we have some signal issues.

Glad you had the tooth taken care of, and hope the pain is much less today, Melanie

Ann- Glad to hear you are on the mend- and that you were able to crochet a scarf. One day at a time, and positive thoughts for returning strength!!!

Sherry- did you get your yarn?

Good morning everyone!

:hug Thank you all for your concern. I am getting much better. I went to the dr yesterday and got the staples out. He replaced them with some steri strips, but the darn things all fell off in my shower last night. Luckily dh found some butterfly bandages in our first aid kit, only 4 but I guess it has to help a little. He is going to the store today to get some more. Despite the inconvenience though, it really does feel a thousand times better to have those staples out.

I also discovered yesterday that the other problems I have been having since surgery are due to an infection in my urinary tract from the darn catheter... so now I am back on antibiotics. Fun! Fun! :lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today and a truly blessed weekend! :ghug

Good morning!

Christie- Hope you are resting some to give your body change to recuperate after your surgery. How are you feeling?

:yay for more cuddle/fun time with Ryan!

Christie - hope you're recovering well. Get plenty of rest.

:yuck Computer problems!!! :yuck

Hope you were able to rest up, relax, and get in some hooking time yesterday! :hug

I can't wait to be able to see my grandson. little Benjamin is going to bring much joy since when they move back next may I will be helping watch him so kendra can work while chris is in school. I miss little ones.

:yay Cuddle time!!! :yay Grandkids are awesome!

Thanks Mona! I actually feel pretty good today compared to how I have been. It felt wonderful making that scarf yesterday too! I need to get my hooks moving more! :hook I hope you aren't too busy to enjoy the summer before it slips by! :hug

The nurses were very good about where they were putting the IV's and felt bad that they couldn't use my port. Sometimes I think they hurt almost as much as I did when they where putting the needles in! :lol

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers everyone. They are greatly appreciated! :hug

Hope you are getting in some hooking time and hope you are continuing to mend and feeling better really soon! :hug

OUCH! spent and hour and a half at the dentist 8 shots while she worked on removing and rebuilding parts of my tooth I think I should have just told her to pull it as It hurts more than it did before now and she said if i have any more problems with it she has to pull it anyway or a root canal and crown this hurts more than a migraine!:(

thanks for all the kind wishes on finding a lil dog

i'm off to try and sleep the pain away

:( Hope you are feeling much better today! :hug

HI all,

Having some internet issues, tech is coming today. Couldn't get on last night,and they said it might come back on and it did this morning. Still having the tech come since the diagnostics they ran showed that we have some signal issues.

:yuck Computer problems!!! :yuck

Hi everyone. I've been gone for a while and I'm now just looking around. I've missed seeing the totes everyone makes. My coworker asked me to make a small tote for her daughter and she wanted it in purple. I have at least 2 shades of purple. I haven't decided how to make it yet. It'll be done in either afghan stitch or crohooked so it could be two-sided. I was thinking that I wanted it to be so nothing can poke out easily. Maybe line it if I can find something to use. I just have to find my yarn then look at my hooks and decide which one to use. :hook

Archived