crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Today have to go to the state office for the afternoon for a mandatory training on ... wait for it... sexual harrassment. I keep telling them I can teach you how to do it! LOL Oh well, gets me away from the trailer for the afternoon!

Mama K

When that sort of training comes up, DH always asks "Are you "for" or "against"?

Hope your finger is better real soon.

Melani-hope your group therapy goes well and enjoy the book and 70's weather.

Ann--so glad you're back home and hope you're feeling better and back to crocheting soon

Sue--I've made three cotton market bags over the holiday week--whittling down my Christmas list. Hope things are going well with you.

It's been cooler here this week, but the humidity makes it still uncomfortable; we're finally getting a little rain. I've been stuck in the kitchen the last few days getting the garden produce put up. I never thought there would be such a thing as too many tomatoes!

Wishing a healthy, trouble-free week and relaxing weekend to everyone!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep got back last night around 8 I felt like I was driving forever. I go in friday night and then I am off until tuesday night. and since the new guys are off orientation I am back to my 3 days a week schedule thankfully. since I have shower stuff to do and I want to start on christmas presents.

kuddles I had to do that training I was like really? are you serious?

Welcome back!

Morning! Still having trouble typing with this dang finger.....

Today have to go to the state office for the afternoon for a mandatory training on ... wait for it... sexual harrassment. I keep telling them I can teach you how to do it! LOL Oh well, gets me away from the trailer for the afternoon!

Joanne, temps up to the low 90s again, will be back up to mid 90s early next week! Ugh!

Mama K

Sorry you are still having finger trouble...bahahahaha you are funny i like it 'I can teach you how':lol:lol:lol

When that sort of training comes up, DH always asks "Are you "for" or "against"?

Hope your finger is better real soon.

Melani-hope your group therapy goes well and enjoy the book and 70's weather.

Ann--so glad you're back home and hope you're feeling better and back to crocheting soon

Sue--I've made three cotton market bags over the holiday week--whittling down my Christmas list. Hope things are going well with you.

It's been cooler here this week, but the humidity makes it still uncomfortable; we're finally getting a little rain. I've been stuck in the kitchen the last few days getting the garden produce put up. I never thought there would be such a thing as too many tomatoes!

Wishing a healthy, trouble-free week and relaxing weekend to everyone!

Thank you for the good wishes. I had do google what my temperature was in farinheit lol and god i really would be melting if it was any hotter

hope every one is staying cool

Hi all,

Welcome home tonya! and WOOT for going back to your three day weeks!!! Hope tomorrow goes by quickly!

Kuddles- Temp climbing here too- and humid--I don't like it! I also had to take sexual harrassment- have to take it every year! Really????

Mona- WTG on getting so many of the bags made. I made scarves this year for my co-workers and got 7 done so far. Last year they all got a SBT!!!!

Melanie- Hope you had a good day- and got some sleep!! It seems you always up!!!

Hi all,

Welcome home tonya! and WOOT for going back to your three day weeks!!! Hope tomorrow goes by quickly!

Kuddles- Temp climbing here too- and humid--I don't like it! I also had to take sexual harrassment- have to take it every year! Really????

Mona- WTG on getting so many of the bags made. I made scarves this year for my co-workers and got 7 done so far. Last year they all got a SBT!!!!

Melanie- Hope you had a good day- and got some sleep!! It seems you always up!!!

BUSTED!!:rofl:rofl:rofl

yes joanne I am usually up I have had sleep problems my whole life and just don't get much sleep. I can't even track my 'cycle' as I call it but once in a while my body says enough and i can sleep for a few days but it is literally days. and then it all begins again maybe an hour here or there maybe 2.

just another reason I need all the yarn I want it keeps me distracted and busy from intrusive thinking like right now I have a tv goining i'm on here and I have a book a journal and notes from group and gosh don't forget my cell phone all within reach and ready at a moments notice lol

Happy Friday (the 13th)~~~

so happy that Friday is here already- intense afternoon of back-to-back meetings but then it's the weekend ! WOOT!!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Happy Friday (the 13th)~~~

so happy that Friday is here already- intense afternoon of back-to-back meetings but then it's the weekend ! WOOT!!!

Have a good day everyone!!

wow friday already my goodness! seems like time just passes faster and faster like really we are more than half way through 2012??? :eek:think

Good Morning!! Will be glad when this day is over! Very long day yesterday, computer problems, ugh. But we are closer to having the network finally finished.

Boys are still sleeping, DD is getting ready for work. Them being here changed my schedule but I can sleep a little later now, so that's nice.

Hope to get to HL this weekend. Must buy some ILTY for 2 afghans--one to replace GS blankie that got ruined and I have a baby shower on Aug 4--hope I can get it done in time. New mom is a big OU fan, so I'm doing crimson and cream for her baby blanket. Probably will do a RR with double strand, works up so quick.

Well, I'd better get busy! Have a great day all! Hugs to all of you!

So glad to here from you I too am glad you are homeand on the mend:hug:hug:hug

Welcome to our lil thread! Ravelry has a great list of patterns from beginer to advanced take a look at the Spring moss tote by meri purdy I made one back in april and I just love it and was fun and quick

hey my friends I got my book today woot woot a whole day early! now wish me luck on being able to concentrate enough to read it :rofl:rofl:rofl

Thank you!! I love to go to raverly, I could spend hours just looking at all the nice designs!!

Morning all!

Have fun at HL, Sherry- nothing like going to buy new yarn!!

It's humid and drizzly out there today. Have to go get my car inspected and then this afternoon, there is a party for my DD's grandfather-in-law for his 90th birthday!

Morning Ladies!

Sherry ~ have fun at HL! Do tell us what you got or even just caressed:c9

Looks like we are having cooler weather here too:cheer:cheer:cheer

I had a PTSD episode last evening thanks to the couple in the neighboring suite :thumbdown

well got my morning coffee my book and watching a movie I wanted to watch some time ago but totally forgot about it till I was surfing for movies its called Darkness. Anna Paquin is in it.

well hope you all have a great day/weekend

Happy Stitching!:crocheting don't be shy show us some pics:hook

HI all,

Got my car inspected and it's good for another 2 years! Six years old and going strong- for now! LOL

Stay cool! Oh, I stopped at JoAnns when I went to Trader Joe's and of course some sale sock yarn jumped into my cart---I've been itching to try socks--but think I should probably learn how to knit- since I hear knit socks are better. LOL

Well, didn't get to go to HL today. DH was really tired, he had to work today. Then DD came home and went to sleep. It's way tooooo hot and humid. Maybe one evening this week I can talk him into going.

Joanne - sounds like you have a great day--sale sock yarn -- WOOT!!!

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

HI all,

Got my car inspected and it's good for another 2 years! Six years old and going strong- for now! LOL

Stay cool! Oh, I stopped at JoAnns when I went to Trader Joe's and of course some sale sock yarn jumped into my cart---I've been itching to try socks--but think I should probably learn how to knit- since I hear knit socks are better. LOL

what you talking about knitted socks are better? BTW one sock syndrome is a serious disease, I have partially crocheted a sock and knitted one sock:rofl:rofl:rofl

Sadly Friday night was not good and I a PTSD episode and by the time it was over and i was so exhausted I crashed and slept Saturday away it is now midnight Sunday morning

and It is so hot!:sweat:sweat:sweat

Good morning,

Sherry- Hoping you get to HL this week!

Melanie- sorry about the ptsd episode! Here's to a better day today!

Kuddes- Did you get to the friendship fest?

Ann- sending hugs!

The weather cleared up and we had a lovely time at the 90th birthday party. He's an amazing man!! DD's MIL is so lucky to still have her Dad around. Mine passed away 8 years ago 2 wks before his 75th and I still miss him.

Nothing much on the agenda except for some obligatory laundry- LOL

Hi ladies! I'm hangning in there!

Joanne, wow, glad you had a nice time at the party, 90 yrs old, amazing and how wonderful! I was lucky enough to have my grandmother until she was 92. She meant so much to me and I miss her so much.

Melanie, sorry about the ptsd.:hug I suffer from it also, so I just want to let you know that I understand and you are not alone. It's a new day now though! :hug:)

Sherry, sorry you didn't make it to HL. Hope you get there soon! :hook

Kuddles, did you get to the friendship fest? Free pony rides sound like fun!

Welcome strawberrycrochet! I haven't been around much lately since I haven't been feeling good, but once I'm on the mend you'll see me here all the time again. You'll be sick of me! :lol

Take care everyone! :hug

what you talking about knitted socks are better? BTW one sock syndrome is a serious disease, I have partially crocheted a sock and knitted one sock:rofl:rofl:rofl

Sadly Friday night was not good and I a PTSD episode and by the time it was over and i was so exhausted I crashed and slept Saturday away it is now midnight Sunday morning

and It is so hot!:sweat:sweat:sweat

I also suffer from one sockitis.... I knitted my first sock a few months ago, and used a larger needle that what was called for (still getting used to those tiny needles) so it is more of a stocking...the problem is I don't want to frog it and start over. but I don't want a pair of stockings, lol. I guess for now I will continue to suffer from the disease:devil

Hi ladies! I'm hangning in there!

Joanne, wow, glad you had a nice time at the party, 90 yrs old, amazing and how wonderful! I was lucky enough to have my grandmother until she was 92. She meant so much to me and I miss her so much.

Melanie, sorry about the ptsd.:hug I suffer from it also, so I just want to let you know that I understand and you are not alone. It's a new day now though! :hug:)

Sherry, sorry you didn't make it to HL. Hope you get there soon! :hook

Kuddles, did you get to the friendship fest? Free pony rides sound like fun!

Welcome strawberrycrochet! I haven't been around much lately since I haven't been feeling good, but once I'm on the mend you'll see me here all the time again. You'll be sick of me! :lol

Take care everyone! :hug

Hi Ann thank you. I know i'm not alone which makes my heart break :( even more. I thought the episode was over but it is far from over. I am trapped in my room pretending i'm not home tip toeing around while the others in the suites attached sleep or whatever they do but I am in hiding mode and feel scared ... damn i hate this and somehow I have to manage to get to my therapist appointment in 11 hours:ohdear

I also suffer from one sockitis.... I knitted my first sock a few months ago, and used a larger needle that what was called for (still getting used to those tiny needles) so it is more of a stocking...the problem is I don't want to frog it and start over. but I don't want a pair of stockings, lol. I guess for now I will continue to suffer from the disease:devil

well if it makes you feel better i think i lost the knitted sock lol and the crochet one well its buried in a bag probably forever:rofl:rofl:rofl

even tho it has been raining for 2 days and I have had my living room and bedroom widows wide open its still to hot for me like i would be naked if i would feel comfortable doing so:lol

only a few more days and I should have my Lucy pack of yarn woo whoo I got my hook ready to go:cheer:cheer

Happy stitching :crocheting

Good morning,

Good to see a post from you Ann! Hope each day finds you feeling a little better.

Melanie- Hang in there- in a few short hours, you should be on your way to the therapist.

Kuddles- How was your weekend? We finally got some rain last night- in the form of thunderstorms. Feels a little less humid out there this morning, but I'm ready for fall.(weather-wise) Don't want to wish the summer away though, because the commute is so much better in the summer with no school buses and minimal Rutgers commuters on the road.

Have a good day, one and all!

OMG, Why oh why today did my therapist take the day off? I saw my phone blinking after I had just showered and make up and all damn it

so I went back to bed got woken up at 1pm by the male neighbor(1/2 of the reason my ptsd episode came on) to let me know canada post was in the driveway with a parcel for me. it's my Lucy pack and i can't even feel any joy that it's here:(

but here is a pic for you all 17 different colors 100g Stylecraft DK balls

post-59918-135897768896_thumb.jpg

Archived