My Beaded Mesh Shopping Bag Pattern Available

Katchkan

I just finished this bag this morning, It is my beaded mesh shopping bag. It is made with size 10 thread and size 11 seed beads. I designed this for when I go shopping at the antique shows and the swap meet. I tend to buy small items. It measures eight inches not including the handles or the acorn on the bottom. I am planning on doing a variation of this in luster sheen to have an even larger shopping bag so when I go thread shopping I will be good to go. I also have a smaller one that I use on occasions.

This shopping bag is designed to utilize the small plastic bags I seem to collect from various places I shop. They come in a wide range of colors and sizes and by using these bags I do my part in recycling and I also don't have to worry about lining the shopping bag. I just change the plastic bag when it is worn out or to a color to cordinate with what I am wearing.

Shoppingbag.jpg

Acorn.jpg

Close up of the acorn.

Just a note to let anyone who might be interested that the pattern for this Mesh Shopping bag is now available on my website. DH had the time to update my patterns the other day. Really should learn to do it my self, but he does such a great job for me and he feels needed.

What a wonderful design. This is so pretty I would want to use it only for fancy parties. I just love your work. What supplier would you recommend for occasional bead crochet people?

EugeneClarence

I am a firm believer that we need to use the beautiful things in life everyday, and not save them for fancy parties. Mine would never get used. To me everyday is a special occasion and I am worth something beautiful in my day.

My favorite source of beads is Shipwreck Beads. but they require an minimum and that doesn't always fit for the occasional bead person. You might try http://www.millhillbeads.com/index4.html They have a good selection and their prices are reasonable. No minimum either. I get some of my petite beads from them as they have colors no one else does. A lot of people like Firemountain beads but I have never used them so I can't say for certain.

Once I had my design figured out the way I wanted it, The actual time to make it was about 3 days.

That's a beautiful bag, Kathy! :manyheart I love red with gold beads......it looks so elegant! How did you do your acorns?

I'm currently working on another bag myself. It's more of a pouch, actually and also with some of those pretty different shaped spangles. :D Funny, I started it in mesh as well after seeing another forum member's mesh bag. :)

Katchkan:

Thank you very much for the information on bead suppliers.

I think I may try your approach to using beautiful things more often. That should help to reduce my stash of outdated fashion items that are in perfect condition; afterall, I really had not intended to decorate my coffin with them.

EugeneClarence

Kathy

What a beautiful bag, you always amaze me with the items you design. To have such creativity is awesome and I aspire to get there one day:cheer till then I will watch for your next creative endeavor.

Mary

I think I may try your approach to using beautiful things more often. That should help to reduce my stash of outdated fashion items that are in perfect condition; afterall, I really had not intended to decorate my coffin with them.

EugeneClarence

A hearty "AMEN" to that! I too need to shift my thinking along those lines, lol!

And that bag is absolutely stunning, Kathy - as usual! :manyheart:c9:manyheart:c9

Archived