Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies. :)  It's cold and dreary here, but nothing like parts of the country!

Joanne ~ Work sounds extra busy!  Are people on vacation or leave of absence?  I hope things get better soon. :yes  Enjoy the time with your family.

Cindy ~ Are you renovating the whole kitchen?  I don't envy you the mess, but you sound very organized!  I loved reading your rationale for starting a new wip. :lol  ;)   I've been trying to finish a couple of things that were started way too long ago.

Judy ~ How is the graph 'ghan coming along?

I know you all will appreciate this.  I had a pm on Etsy requesting a quilt 'ghan that she needs no later than March 1st - approximately 60" square. :eek  Of course, I had to decline...Cara could wip out at least one by then, but not me!  I was flattered, though. :)

Have a great afternoon/evening!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, That's good news your mil will be able to live so much closer to your fil. Good luck with your kitchen redo. Yesterday I heard about the big crash between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. I caught DD as she was getting out of work and told her don't try and get on the highway. When I talked to her today at dinner time she raid the highway is closed. What a mess!

Mary, I enjoy time to my self also. To bad you weren't given more time to do the graph ghan. Dh is doing pretty good. The black eye is looking better and hand is to, except for a sore knuckle on  his hand.

Joanne, Enjoy your weekend with DD and the boys. Good luck with your new knitting project. Can't wait to hear about it and see it.

Hi Judy!

Mil has made a turn around and doing much better. The sisters and bil talked to the doctor and he said the way mil has been is what he would expect from her at her age. And there hasn't been any testing for dementia or alzeheimer so he don't know if she has either or not. It's to bad the other siblings weren't told that before they caused such a mess. Mil is expected to be there another until at least next friday. Then most likely she will go to a rehab for a week or two. Then we will see how she is at that point. I'm so glad we didn't go home and that we don't have to go home.

The garage/ bake sale has been a good distraction for the both of us. Two full days for me and I'm whipped. We had terrible weather and didn't draw the people like we usually do. It has been rainy and cold for a couple of days now. We did good on the breakfast burritos though.

Have a good rest of weekend everyone!

Hi, peeps.

The graph ghan is coming along...still have a way to go on the face, but I have more grays I'm using so am happy with the 3 dimensional look I'm now getting. 

I have some "me" projects waiting, so am anxious to get this done.

Have a good one, my friends.

Hi all,

Happy Sunday. We are planning on watching football this afternoon and I'll be alternating between knitting and crocheting I'm rooting for the packers to win against the cowboys since as a ny giants fan,the cowboys are our enemy. Lol.

Hope you all have a nice relaxing day!!!!!

Hi, peeps!

Joanne, you got your wish yesterday! I hope you made some progress on your crafting. I didn't. DS came by for most of the afternoon and we all watched football together.

Hope all is well with everyone. We're having a heat wave today - the temp is over freezing already! :lol

Off to start the laundry...

Hi Ladies,

I got back in the groove of things today. Started out walking this morning, laundry then went to the jam session. I started an afghan there. It's called Summer Mist Throw. Judy made one. It's really an easy pattern to follow.

Melanie (sil) called this afternoon. She spent the day with her mom. She she was doing better until they came in and gave her some medicine. She was not her self. She asked what they gave her and the nurse said steroid. Melanie asked how long she has been on them and she said since the 10th. Melanie said she isn't suppose to be on them and she told the doctor she can't take them. She called Teresa and she left work early. They found out Ken okayed the steriods. Ken don't have the right to do that and the doctor knew that. Bob and I both agree were glad were here.

Stay warm everyone! Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ I hope your MIL continues to improve. :hug   I remember Judy's afghan and love the pattern!  What colors are you using?  Good for you for walking each morning!  I need to get back on that. (along with several other things ;))

Cindy ~ How is the remodeling project going?  I'm glad work is going well this week!

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the graph 'ghan. :yes   I know you were glad to have DS with you on Sunday.  All of a sudden, we haven't seen the little guys in 2 weeks...DD has them both in pre-school, zoo school and Luke in Museum school...Friday is free so we'll go over then. :)

Joanne ~ 'Hope all is well with you and your family.  I was actually excited about the Cowboys game.  We never used to miss a game and had season tickets for years.  The Dez Bryant call will be talked about for a long time!

Our weather has been cold and cloudy for days.  It's unusual for us not to see the sun for so long.  I never complain because we have such long, hot summers!

Have a good day, all. :manyheart

Morning, my firends!

Marlene, enjoy the pattern! 

Cindy - sounds like work is interfering with craft time again....

Mary, I remember when my goddaughter got so involved in school and after school activities. I missed seeing her as often as I used to. Good thing you can adjust your visits to their schedules!

HAve a good one my friends,

Good morning and happy hump day!!!

We enjoyed the football games this weekend. I did make it to the LYS and in addition to yarn, I signed up to learn how to knit socks two at a time. I'm excited about that. I've always wanted to learn how to knit socks. And two at a time seems the way to go....no 2nd sock syndrome!!

I made it back to craft club Monday night and it was good to catch up with friends. I hadn't been in several weeks but after a busy day at work, it was just what I needed.

Mary, we have one gal out on maternity leave and we are short one person. And next week, one of my co workers is going to another department. Soooo we will continue to be busy. Tonight I leave a little early since I scheduled routine service for my car. Don't want to waste a Saturday doing that.

Time to get coffee. Up early this morning since I fell asleep early last night. Have a good day friends !!!

Morning, my friends!

Joanne, it sounds like they're squeezing everything out of you and the other employees that they can! I would be digging in my heels. I'm so contrary at times :devil

Good morning. Very cold here, and snowing. It's cleaning and laundry day here. Well, it will be once I get moving.....

It was a very busy couple of days at work. I'm off now until Friday. I'm really tired today, but it's because I didn't sleep well last night. At least I don't have to give any thought to dinner. Our church youth group is putting on a fund raising dinner tonight.

Joanne, good luck with the socks. I know how to knit in the round, but I find it really awkward, so I doubt if even one sock will ever come off my needles, let alone two at a time. Will your work be hiring to fill the vacant positions, or will super busy become the new norm?

Mary, I bet you are looking forward to seeing Luke and Zach on Friday.

Have a great day ladies.

Car is all serviced !!!

Cindy, They will be hiring but it will be super busy until they are hired and then trained. Hope you enjoyed the fundraiser dinner

Judy, if you dig in your heels, then they think you are negative. Ask me how I know? Lol

We don't get MLK day off this year They took it away last year. It I am off the Friday and Monday of the following weekend I'm babysitting so Dd and sil can enjoy a weekend getaway snowboarding. I know I'll be tired so I took off Monday to recoup!!

Off to knit and watch call the midwife. We borrowed the first two seasons from the library. We are enjoying it it I still like downton abbey better

Have a good night

Hi everyone!  The sun is shining for the first time in days and all is good. :)

Cindy ~ I'm glad you're having a couple of days off...'hope  you slept better last night. :yes  How much snow have you had?

Joanne ~ Way to go on taking the "socks" class!  I still have a pair of wool socks that my aunt knitted probably 40 years ago and they are still wonderful and warm.

Marlene ~ I hope the sun is out at the coast and that you're having warmer temps, too!  How is the afghan coming along?

Judy ~ How are you? :)

Linda ~ If you're reading posts...I hope your shoulder is much better by now and that you and Sweet Pea are staying warm and cozy. :manyheart

Gracie is home from the groomers and is napping.  It always wears her out. :lol   DH and I are going to clean up some shrub beds now that all the leaves are down.  I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. ;)

Hi, peeps!

I'm good, still holding together...lol, Mary. It's been a busy day already....and tonight is bookclub.

I gave up on the graph...didn't like the way it was looking so I pulled out two small ghans I already had waiting in the closet to donate instead. I've already posted pics of the small lilac one (Cindy's pattern If I remember correctly) and a four color rr....

Have a good one, my friends!

Hi friends. Not as cold today as it has been, but cold enough. No snow to speak of in the forseeable future either. I slept a lot better last night, and I've already finished my to-do list. Of course, there are plenty of other things to be done.

I'm still knitting on my shawlette/scarf. It's an easy pattern, and it's also very easy to memorize.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I bet the boys miss you guys as much as you miss them. I'm using bernat super value yarn in the colors mint, lilac, light damson (it's a med dark purple) and a varigated yarn called fresh lilac. I'm only into by 3 rows but I really do like the pattern.

Joanne, Have fun learning to knit two socks at one time. I've never made socks. I have made a pair of mittens. They were the first thing I learn to knit. We used 4 double pointed needles (the stitches were divided between 3 needles). I hope your work hires someone soon.

Judy, Sorry the graph ghan didn't work out for you.

Cindy, How's you new grand daughter? Are great granddaughter is due the 22nd. It's been cold everyday except one since we have been here. Tomorrow it is suppose to start warming up for at least a week. They been saying were getting below normal temps this year.

My mil went home today. Not that she should of, but she doesn't have the flu any more so she wanted to go home. When the doctor checked her this morning he said her heart was racing. He wanted her to see two different cardiologist and she said no I'm going home. Melanie is staying with her tonight and tomorrow, Teresa will stay friday night and saturday, Marilyn will stay saturday night. Then they'll see how she is doing from there. Ken said he would stay with her 24-7 if he has to. Melaine and Ken were getting on and off the elevator at the same time and Ken turned and walked away from her. So she went after him and told him we need to talk. This is all about mom and she doesn't need to see us acting like this. So she, Ken and Marilyn sat down and talked things over. So for the time being they are talking. So far everyone is agreeing on mil's care. They call us and ask for are opinion.

We had time warner come out today and give us are own internet. Hubby needs help setting his game up so I'm off to look for what he needs.

Have a nice friday and a good weekend if I'm not back right away.

Hi ladies. I'm on call for work. That worked out well since I have an awful headache. I just called work and they have already called in two people. I'm next on the list. It will only be about 3 hours of work, even if they call me in right away.

Marlene, I hope your mil does okay. It's good her kids are talking. We've done that 24 hour care thing and it's harder in practice than it sounds. Our new grand daughter is doing well...but WOW, does that girl have a temper!

Joanne, hopefully they will find the right employee soon.

Have a great rest of the day ladies.

Hi, peeps.

Marlene, I'm glad the family is cooperating so they can help your MIL.

And about the graph - the lady I gave the other two items to LOVES the RR...go figure...the easiest blanket to make!

Hi friends. Not as cold today as it has been, but cold enough. No snow to speak of in the forseeable future either. I slept a lot better last night, and I've already finished my to-do list. Of course, there are plenty of other things to be done.

I'm still knitting on my shawlette/scarf. It's an easy pattern, and it's also very easy to memorize.

Have a great day, ladies.

I haven't started it the shawlette. I'm thinking I should work with the bigger circulars I have and medium weight yarn first before getting any good stuff to make it in the nicer lightweight version - just in case I get frustrated. I've never used circulars before. 

How's the work coming on the kitchen?

Hi, everyone.  I'm at the apartment for a few hours.  I had my checkup with the Orthopedist yesterday.  They took more xrays and the shoulder is healing although the muscles are still tight.  More exercising.  And it still hurts like mad, although not like it did initially.  I'm driving a tiny bit, but not far or often.

I've been keeping up with you all on line, just haven't succeeded in logging on at my daughter's house.  It's above freezing today and we're supposed to get more more of that for the next week.  I'll willingly take it.  Rain for Monday, but that's not bad.  Should pretty much take care of what snow is left on the ground.

I miss being around my own things, but I'm not ready to be on my own full time yet.  Sigh!   :no  Hopefully before too much longer.

Wishing all well.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.   :ghug

Hi ladies. I've been up since 7, helping get mil moved into independent living. I'm exhausted. I just got home, but DH and his brothers are still working.

Judy, I'm making the shawlette with Caron simply soft. It looks quite nice in that yarn. I don't think I will do another version in lighter weight yarn. It's an easy pattern, but it's getting pretty boring, and I've only got 14 points so far. I'm not sure that I have the patience to make a version in finer yarn. I often knit with circulars, they take a bit of getting used to, but they are lighter in your hands and they feel more evenly balanced.

We went out for breakfast, mil bought us lunch and dd has invited us for dinner. Tough day for me, cooking wise!

Kitchen is slowly moving forward. DH is still patching holes in the drywall where we removed a closet. Next up will be getting the floors refinished.

Hi, peeps!

Linda, exercising your shoulder is going to be a bear...you'll get through it, though.

Cindy, I think I'm going to pull out some Caron SS and use that...it's worth the experiemnt. I might find I actually like circulars. :lol

Black ice on the pavers on the back patio this morning - glad Lucy slid first, so I knew to be careful. One lady I know already crashed into a guardrail this morning! Hubby thinks we can still go out - that I'm overreacting and we just have to be careful. After I showed him pics of my friend's car he grew all huffy and said - we'll just stay in all day and got sarcastic. I never vent on a personal basis like this, but I'm super annoyed. He had an experience on ice many years ago - thankfully didn't crash - and so did I, with DS in the car. I guess he's forgotten that there's no such thing as just being careful with black ice....

I haven't forgotten!

Judy. You are not over reacting and your DH sounds like mine...with the sarcastic tone. Although he isn't in any hurry to go out but said later. Um no , I think I'll stay in where it's safe. So many accidents and even salt trucks crashing.

I went to a sock knitting class yesterday. It was fun. I'll be working on them at craft club where I can get help if I need it. Today is a mindless knitting, crochet day

Cindy. Glad that mil is situated in the assisted living facility.

Linda. So glad to see your post and that you are slowly but surely on the mend. So glad that you can stay with your DD

Mary, Marlene and everyone. Have a nice relaxing Sunday.

Can't wait for the football games. I was going to make chili today, but I am out of chili powder and tomato sauce,... So, due to icy conditions, we are having meatloaf instead. DH was disappointed , but I'll plan it for another day

Joanne, a lot of the time I think men don't want to admit their wives might be right....I mean what's a little ice.... :reyes

a Lady from our book club was accident number one in the neighborhood this morning: and 6 cars joined her after she managed to climb out of her car and stand in a safe place!

You are brave to try knitting socks! If I get to the point of making hats I'll consider myself pretty good...loL!

We have the Rangers on now - then it's the football games. Good thing I like both sports!

Off to make some mindless granny squares.... :D

Archived