Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Merry Christmas. DH did get to come home. We got home around 1:30! He was going to come to DD's for Christmas dinner. My middle dd came here and she got here around 2:39. DH said he was tired so stayed behind. He ended up sleeping 2 hours. He is already in bed did the night. Glad he is home so I can hopefully sleep in a little tomorrow. My office decided to close and gave us the day off tomorrow.

It was fun to see the boys enjoying what Santa brought them. Silly me , though, I odd t get any pictures!!! Lol. I'll have dd sent me some.

Marlene safe travels to tx

Mary. Cute pic of Luke and Zach'!'

Judy, DH gave me a gift card to moore yarn!!!! I'm very excited!!! He was able to do it online! Now to decode what to make and what to vou. I may get some knitting needles He was very generous and although he makes comments about my yarn stash, he knows I do like anythig. related to knit/crochet!! I got him the Nook samsung nook/ tab.....I also got one for each of my DD's. My DD's got me a new gps for the car, which I'm thrilled about. Mine is so old. Also got gift cards for BN and best buy. They were too generous. My middle dd gave me a framed ship print she made. I was secretely hoping she would give me one since I really love them and she did!!!

Cindy. Hooe the day went well. Cookies is one thing I didn't get to, but luckily dd and her mil had baked a bunch!!!! I brought a few home.

Hope you all a great day

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Chilly here but no snow! Hopefully January doesn't make up for our snowless December!

Mil is coming home this morning. Dh will go get her in a little while. I think she is going to be awfully lonely in their apartment by herself.

Joanne, I hope your hubby continues to recover.

We are having our family Christmas party today. Hopefully I can find all the gifts I bought!

Have a great day, ladies.

Good morning, my friends.

Joanne, how is DH doing? Are you hovering a lot? I would be! 

Cindy, I used to do that - put presents out of sight to avoid clutter - then I would have to spend time trying to remember where I put them!

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

DH is doing well. We went to pick up his car yesterday and then went grocery shopping. Afterwards he took a nap and then we watched Rutgers win their bowl game

This morning I went up to DD's ...and spent a few hours with her. Her place is so nicely decorated with artwork all over...hers and her friends. So homey. She is having a love seat delivered today and that will complete the space. I came home and DH was napping. My youngest and the gs are on their way over to see him.

Tomorrow is take it easy all day day!!! I may go to moore yarn to spend some of my gift card.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend

EDITED. Autocorrect had dog instead if DH. Lol

Morning peeps.

Joanne, how long before DH gets his energy back? At least he's home. I'm sure the GSs loved seeing him! What did you get at Moore yarn?

Good morning.

Judy, he should get his energy back soon. I didn't go to moore yarn yesterday...the plan was to go today. But I think I'm going to have a pj day instead!!! It's kind of gloomy out, and giants play at 1 for their last game of the season and they play the rival eagles so I'm going to just relax, since I go back to work tomorrow.

I slept in today! Actually got up at my usual time, but didn't get up and went back to sleep! I feel a little dicombulated since it's already after 9.

Off to make breakfast

Have a good day, friends

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Sorry I missed reading about DH. Glad to hear he is home and continues to get better.

Cindy, I hope things are going well for your MIL and FIL.

Mary, Cute pic of the boys.

Judy, Thanks for the update on Linda.

We arrived saturday night at 630. It was a 23 hour drive. Friday was a perfect day for driving. Saturday it rained most of the day and a couple of times it was huge down pours. I even went through Houston on the toll road. They play bingo here on saturday nights so we stopped in at the hall to say hi. It's nice seeing everyone again. Lots of unpacking to do yet.

Suna sent Pam over to tell me we were undecorating and redecorating for News Year Eve today at 9 and she would like me to come help. Pam says can't you even get unpacked first. I expected it because one of the ladies in the kitchen is here and were not sure she will make it this year or not. Suna even got 2 ladies to help us in the kitchen. I know they will all be glad I'm here.

I need to scoot. I hope everyone has a great monday!

Good Morning!  The last few days have flown by and it's already Tuesday again. :)  How does that happen? :lol

Joanne ~ Such good news that your DH is doing well.  Yay for a new gift card!

Marlene ~ I know that everyone is so glad to see you back at the coast.  Have a good time!

Cindy ~ I hope that your in-laws are doing okay. :hug

Judy ~ Are you working on any projects now?  I work on hexagons in between other projects.  DH has a new scarf...I made a variation of Cara's herringbone stitch scarf and he likes it. :)

Hi to anyone I've missed, too.  Errands to run today and I'll go by DD's for a while. :)

Morning peeps!

Mary, what aren't I working on...lol!

*Another pair of fingerless mitts, using sock yarn. For a friend - one glove almost done, the other not yet started. Will make a pair for myself later on! Serenity sock yarn....nice shadings of purple, etc....

*Cosy blanket CAL from Wendy's FB group...a WIP already.

*I need to make a nice ghan for a fundraiser - need yarn first...lol! I hear Michaels is having a huge sale today.

I don't remember that herringbone pattern. Is it on Ravelry?

Have a good one my friends. Another short work week for many of you!

And I restarted the Gift CAL here for next year

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/153404-encouragement-for-getting-gifts-made-in-2015/

Wow, Judy is on a roll! :D   All of your projects sound wonderful...and I may join your CAL this time.  I need to make a list. :yes  I'm not sure if Cara's scarf pattern is on Ravelry with her other patterns - I printed out a lot of them before she closed her website. :)

I hope everyone is doing okay.  We have a chance of freezing stuff tomorrow night so I bought a few extras at the store today.

A very special long-time friend passed away yesterday morning after a long battle with breast cancer.  We will go to the service tomorrow afternoon.  So many of her family have been here from out of town for a while and they decided to have the service while they could all be here.  A very special lady. :manyheart

Have a good evening, friends. :)

Morning, my friends!

Mary, your friend sounds like a much-loved lady. Hugs to you and her family.....

I spent a lot of this morning doing some heavy cleaning - fur onthe stairs, slobber atc on the fllor and some walls...it's amazing what you can see when the sun is out. I thought of Cindy when I was tackling it all...I hope things are ok with her inlaws.

Have a good day my friends, and I wish all of you a happy and healthy New Year.

Good morning. Cold and lightly snowing outside. No sun, so I can ignore dust, dog hair, etc! Not so with laundry....

Inlaws are both doing a bit better. Fil isn't very happy to be in a nursing home, but it's no longer safe for him and mil to live together. He's very unsteady on his feet, and has fallen frequently. He also has some cognitive issues as well as other things. She can take care of herself, but she can't deal with him as well. Both are pretty sad about the situation. Mil came over for dinner last night. This is a big deal for her. She has been pretty much housebound for a couple of years due to fils frail state. Mil was all smiles when bil brought her into the house.

Work is very busy at the moment. Flu has hit hard here. One news report called it an epidemic. Yesterday was frantic and I expect that tomorrow will be the same.

Well, back to chores for me...

Happy New Year ladies.

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year!

Mary, Sorry for the lose of your special friend.

Judy, Your going to busy for awhile. But a fun busy.

Cindy, I hope your fil gets use to his new way of living. I imagine it would be hard after being together for so many years. Does your mil drive? It's good she has good spirits through her new adjustments. Hope you don't get the flu to.

I have to work up at the kitchen today. We are serving turkey noodle and potato ham soup with grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today. I have been up everyday this week. Two days of decorating for new years and two days for the soup. The next few days will be spent unpacking. I would like to go to Michael's for the yarn sale. But first have to find a pattern I want. I think I brought it with me. Our grandson Zac got engaged at Christmas and they are getting married May 9th of this year. I would like to make them an afghan. I have a pattern in mind but don't remember the name of it.

We went to the new years eve party last night. We didn't have as many people as we have in the past, but still had a nice crowd. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Happy New Year, peeps!

Cindy, that's great your MIL was bale to come to your house! Those "little" things are so important. I hope your workday goes fast.

We had a busy morning already - decorations are down, kitchen and garage are decluttered, too...all is right in my little world!

Off to get myself somewhat put together - I don't do PJ days....hair and makeup make a world of difference in my attitude, even if we have no where to go.

Have a great day my friends

Lazy day here at home. And I love pj days!!!! I think that is because I have to get dressed for work 5 days a week! I did get dressed today and went to target to buy a bin to put the decorations in that I took out this year. This way I don't have to search through Christmas bins to pull out the few decorations I used this year. I am going to call it the simple Christmas bin. Lol. It will make it easier.

I also used my gift card at Michaels that my step daughter gave me for Christmas and got yarn for a blanket for youngest dd and for DH. I am planning to make them each a simple garter stitch knit blanket like I made myself and middle dd. I currently have one for oldest dd on the needles. I like using Vannas and it's on sale for 2.29 plus coupon for $5 off purchase of $25-49.

Off to knit for a bit,,

Happy New Year, everyone! :2snowman  We've had snow flurries and ice...the trees are beautiful.  Thankfully, it's supposed to melt by this afternoon.

Hi Holly!  I hope you and your family are all well. :yes

Cindy ~ The flu seems to be on the news a lot lately.  Keeping fingers crossed that you're not exposed to it at work!  It must be so hard for your inlaws to be apart.  My parents were married almost 75 years and when mom died, dad just wanted to be with her.

Marlene ~ It sounds like you're just as busy as ever!  Potato Ham soup sounds so good right now. ;)   I hope you find the afghan pattern - can't wait to see what you're making!

Judy ~ The glove is beautiful!  I love the yarn and pattern. :clap   We've put away all the Christmas decorations except for 3 of the Alpine trees up in the loft.  I like having their lights on for a while longer.

Joanne ~ Enjoy your p.j. day with your yarn!  How is your DH?

Candy's service was beautiful, but long.  It was a requiem mass at their Episcopal church. DD and her DH met us there.  She's always been very close to Candy, too.  I'm being very good today and working away at my desk. :) 

Have a good afternoon, friends. :manyheart

Hi ladies. Good day at work today, and now I'm home all alone. Dh is over at DD's. They are putting a tile backsplash in her kitchen. I stopped there on my way home, and it looks really good. they suggested that I might want to hang around and go out to dinner with them, but I opted to go home. I doubt they will be finished before 8.

Judy, I don't do pyjamas days either, but I come close. For one thing, I wear scrubs to work! I sometimes wear black yoga pants with a tunic top if some sort around the house. It's pretty much like pyjamas, but I don't have to be embarrassed about answering the door. I do my hair, but rarely wear make up at home.

Mary, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

At yesterday's family meeting at fils nursing home, they said he had too many issues for him to ever be discharged from there. They thought we would be disappointed, but it was actually a relief. He looks so much better than most of the other patients there, but the said that he actually has quite a number of issues that qualify him for nursing home care.

Mil doesn't drive, but a friend of theirs who lives in the same apartment complex has a wife in the same nursing home, and he visits her every day, so he takes mil with him. We usually take her home though, because he stays for 8 or 10 hours and that's too much for her.

Judy, that fingerless glove is really pretty. (Although, I've never quite understood the why of fingerless gloves. In my case, it's my fingers that get cold.......)

Joanne, is hubby recovering well from his recent health issues? I like Vannas yarn too, or at least I used to. I haven't bought any in a long time, it may have changed.

Hi Holly, hope your family is doing well.

Marlene, sounds like you are as busy as ever. Lunch sounded really good. It's snowing good here, roads are pretty slippery.......guess you made it to Texas just at the right time!

Hi, peeps!

Cindy, I know what you mean about fingerless gloves! Then I was gifted a pair and love them, but mostly for that in-between weather, when warm gloves aren't necessary. The young woman I made the purple ones for has two young kids - I made hers out of WW because they are woarmer, yet she can still zip up jackets, etc...for this newer pair I had to use a B hook. It's been a while, but I was able to move along pretty well on it. 

I'm glad FIL will be staying someplace he can be really cared for. MIL's ift to the nursing home is a God-send!

Mary, I have to empty my files from 2014. Not too much, thnakfully - the good side of hubby really retiring this past year. The tax return will be straighforward. I'm still not doing the taxes, though - it's not worth being frazzled.

Hi to everyone else. Havea good day!

Good Morning, House. :)   I got the dreaded server message yesterday evening and early this morning.  I checked one more time before contacting Amy from my phone and it's working now!  Am I jinxed? :lol

Cindy ~ I understand being relieved that your FIL is remaining at the nursing facility. :hug   How wonderful that a neighbor can take MIL when he goes to see his wife!

Judy ~ The gloves are lovely!  :cheer   As for taxes, we may have them done this year.   I've done them every year except when we owned our company - they were done by the company CPA then. 

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday. :manyheart

Archived