Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Evening, House. :)

We had a great day with the boys yesterday.  The weather was beautiful so we were outside a lot.  They had lunch in their playhouse.  TCU won but didn't get picked for a bowl game. :(

The outside decorating is done and I put up our indoor trees this morning.  Now I really need to do some shopping!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. :manyheart

Oh, almost forgot...I started another hexagon afghan! 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a good weekend, Mary! That stinks that TCU isn't going to a bowl game. This year was Rutgers first season in the big 10 and they did surprisingly well. They are going to the bowl in Detroit. Can't remember the name of the bowl. Don't think I've ever heard of it before. Lol!!!

We watched Robbie yesterday afternoon since dd had to take Ryan to a birthday party. After the party they came here and stayed for dinner. Today we went to their house and we went to get some decorations for their new house. We got some great deals at Joann's. It was fun.

Tonight I made a new hat for Ryan since in ought him a new coat on clearance at Marshall's.

It was nautica brand and only $20. Must have been last years style???? It looks great on him.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Can't believe the weekend is over :-(

morning peeps!

Mary, a hexagon ghan? Sounds like a great stash buster.

Joanne, you are so lucky to have the kids near you....

I need to run to Michaels before our ususal Tuesday storm sweeps in! I suddenly have two pairs of fingerless gloves to make!

http://crejjtion.com/pattern/fingerless-gloves-2/

Happy Monday, all. :)

Joanne ~ Great find on Ryan's coat.  Yay for whipping up a hat to match!  I'm glad you had lots of good family time over the weekend.

Judy ~ That pattern is gorgeous. :yes   What colors and yarn are you using?

We went to the cemetery where DH's parents are and took their Christmas wreath.  His grandparents, two aunts and uncles and two cousins are buried there, too.  Then we had lunch and bought some groceries.  I just finished ordering several gifts online and feel better about my to do list now. :lol  Time really does go faster the older we get, doesn't it? ;)

Marlene, Linda and the rest of the House - Thinking of you and hoping you're okay. :manyheart   I think Cindy said she would be back tomorrow.?

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sounds like you had a fun time with the boys. Maya is pretty excited for Christmas. She wishes grandma would come and stay until it's time to leave for Texas.

Judy, Those gloves are very pretty.

Joanne, Sounds like you had  a fun time with DD and her family. Good find on the coat for Ryan.

Linda, Hope things are getting a little easier for you.

Hubby has to repeat the test again in 3-5 years. They found 7 polyps. They biopsied them. I've been doing some organizing around here. I straightened out a craft cabinet, got all of this years papers together and put the ones I have to take to Texas together. Hubby has to get up at 5 to go do deer so I guess I better get to bed since I'm the alarm clock. Have a great tuesday everyone!

Hi, my friends.

We have a deluge going on right now...not even Lucy wanted to stay out longer than she had to!

Judy ~ That pattern is gorgeous. :yes   What colors and yarn are you using?It is pretty, isn't it? The first pattern option is made with fingering weight yarn - not practical. So I'm making the chunky version - using Vanna in purple. The options also mention reducing the stitch count, so I've done that, and it slid on my had just fine. It's a translation of an original pattern, and it's not bad at all. It just took me three tries before, at the end of row 4, it looked like the picture - and not like a fan! Often the easier patterns give me fits. It's hard for me to NOT skim read, even patterns, so I have to force myself to slow down and I also took a couple of breaks in between attempts. I've been crocheting and reading the pattern from the computer in my sitting room where I can get the quiet I need to pay better attention. In my old age I'm much more easily distracted. :P 

We went to the cemetery where DH's parents are and took their Christmas wreath.  His grandparents, two aunts and uncles and two cousins are buried there, too.  Then we had lunch and bought some groceries.  I just finished ordering several gifts online and feel better about my to do list now. :lol  Time really does go faster the older we get, doesn't it? ;)I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! :lol 

I think Cindy said she would be back tomorrow.? I think so.....

I hope to work on the mitts today - no way are we stepping outside today! It's a real nor'easter!

Have a good one!!

Good morning ladies. This darn cold is still hanging on, but at least I don't feel nearly as awful. Hopefully this is it for this winter.

Mary, I agree, time does seem to have sped up.

Judy, those fingerless gloves are really pretty.

We have a funeral to go to this morning and afterwards, I am hoping to get dh to stop at the grocery store.

Hi House. :)   The fog is finally going away - we couldn't see the houses across the street earlier!  So glad we didn't have to go anywhere this morning.

Cindy ~ Welcome back!  I'm so sorry the cold is still hanging on. :hug

Marlene ~ I know you'll be really busy getting ready for Christmas and your trip to the coast. :yes  I put the alarm clock on my side of the bed quite a while ago...DH liked to hit the snooze button over and over. :lol

Judy ~ Looking forward to seeing the gloves!  And I know what you mean about patterns - it's getting harder to concentrate!

I have Chex party mix in the oven and it smells really good.  That may be lunch. :)

Hi

Thankfully, the rain Had let up on the drive home so the commute wasn't terrible. I finished Ryan's hat and am working on a shawl and a blanket and itching to start another knit afghan. Lol.

I love that fingerless glove pattern, Judy !!

Cindy- sorry to hear you still have the cold. Gentle hugs. Did you get to the grocery store?

Mary- I'll bet you are enjoying the hexaghan blanket. I'm more in to things that do. It have to be sewn together. I've still got the mystery Ghan I'm the wip pile. I really like it, but have to make some more of the squares and it's just too busy right now. After the holidays I'll pull it out again

Marlene hope that the biopsy from DH's colonoscopy come back benign !!! You must be getting excited to head to TX soon!!!!

Hope you all have a good night. And that Linda is ok

morning peeps!

Still nothing from Linda...

Cindy, I hope today is a better day for you!

Well, I made one glove, and the yarn isn't Vanna - its loops and threads from Michaels. I liked the color better...  It's a bit chunky with that yarn. Am checking with the person it's intended for to see if that's good for her - or else it's a search for a lighter weight true purple. I found Caron SS on Herrscners...maybe I should check with AC Moore. It's out of the way for me, but at least there aren't any shipping charges!

The pattern is pretty.

Have agood day my friends - thinking of all of you!

Good morning. Still coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose a lot, but on the whole, I don't feel too bad. Dh thinks I got a second cold and that's why its hanging on so long.

Our weather is pretty decent for this time of year. Gloomy, with temps around 40. That's supposed to stay until at least Friday. Dh thinks we should grill for the next couple of days. Tonight we have a potluck at church. I am assigned to bring a salad, so I'm bringing coleslaw, which is easy and doesn't require much last minute fussing. I think I'm going to make some fettuccine Alfredo with turkey and broccoli in it too. Last time we went, there weren't enough main dishes to go around and we ended up ordering a whole bunch of pizza. I think we need to start asking every family to bring a main dish, along with either a salad or a dessert. The group that hosts provides drinks, bread and appetizers.

I'm also wondering how Linda is doing.....

Hi peeps!

Cindy, how did the potluck dinner go?

Another bitter, cold day here. We had light snow flurries throughout the day yesterday and it was very windy. I think winter is staying this time...  I love this weather!

Well, I'm trying out the fingerless glove with yet another step down in hook size. If I like this fit better I'll remake the other one. Now that I'm very comfortable with the pattern that thought doesn't frighten me! The young woman I'm making it for is my dear friend's DD. My friend has MS and lives in FL, and her DD is in Cape May here in NJ, so this connection we have on the net feels very good. Also, the DD has offered to send me any bracelet or bracelets from her etsy shop (Pine Shanty) in exchange! I love her work, and already have 3 bracelets, in addition to having bought one for my goddaughter. I told her to wait till she gets the gloves to see if they fit, etc, before even thinking about sending me something. Meanwhile, I'm window shopping on her site...lol!

Have a good day my friends. Stay warm!

Hi ladies. Cold and sunny here today. You can keep that snow, Judy!

Potluck was great last night. Wonder why food tastes so much better when someone else makes it? Afterwards we went and visited the inlaws. They are doing fairly well, considering their general poor state of health. Fil was all smiles when we showed up. Mil is having hip and back pain. Dr did tests and X-rays and told her that inactivity was the problem. However, mil has absolutely no pain tolerance and, even with prescription pain meds, still spends all day in her recliner. Fil, who is in much worse condition than mil, gets more exercise,. He walks the halls in their apt building a couple of times a day, but says that mil refuses to do so.

I've spent most of the morning on laundry and wrapping gifts. Last load is in the washer, but the pile of gifts is still pretty big! I hate wrapping. Dh offered to do it, and I plan to leave some of the bigger stuff for him, but i will have to do the stocking stuffers. I can barely remember which trinket I bought for which boy. It's mostly dollar store junk. They just like to open packages. Every year I swear I'm going to start earlier, but I never do. Maybe next year.......

This is the first day in two weeks that I've actually felt like doing something. I'm still coughing and sniffling but it's much, much better. I have dinner in the crockpot, my Christmas village is up, and my handy dandy robot vacuum is making the rounds.

Well, back to laundry and wrapping.

Linda posted on FB a couple of hours ago.

Sorry to be MIA for so long. The day before Thanksgiving I fell in my apartment and broke my shoulder. The left one, thank goodness! I am staying with my daughter for the time being. It just requires time to heal as it is in position. Another plus. My grandson was at my place at the time and was an immense help. Now it's just a matter of time. I won't be going back to my place until I can manage on my own. Sigh. I'm typing on handed for now which is a pain, literally and figuratively. The pain pills help, but if I do too much it's bad news. There's also a chance that I tore the rotator cuff, but there's nothing they can do about that until the bone heals as the break is right where that attaches. Stay safe everyone.

Cindy, Last week I had a super busy day yet I felt fine at the end of the day. But today I also had a very busy day and I'm hurting alot. All over. I thought the activity last week and the result was a good sign - the only difference between the two days is the more intense cold and humidity (hence the snowflakes).

Have a good night, my friends.

Free Kindle book alert. A pattern book by Tammy Hildebrand. Amazon says its list price as a paper book is $19.99, so it seems to be a good deal. Make sure you check price before clicking.

http://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Wraps-Every-Which-Way-ebook/dp/B00IN7X734/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1418397315&sr=1-1&keywords=Crochet+wraps+every+which+way

From the Amazon description:

Patterns for 18 wraps and shawls using 6 crochet techniques: traditional crochet, motif crochet, Tunisian crochet, broomstick lace, hairpin lace, and double-ended crochet

Hi everyone. :) 

Judy ~ Thank you for Linda's update!  At least your weather sounds wintry...we're supposed to hit 70 tomorrow and I would rather have it cold this time of year. :yes

Cindy ~ Congrats on finishing the wrapping. :clap  

Linda ~ Sending more hugs your way. :hug   How is Sweet Pea? I bet she loves being with your GS!

Hi to those I've missed.  It's been a long couple of days and I'm going to chill and crochet this afternoon.  Dear brother has been backsliding for a while.  One of his neighbors called and was concerned that no one had seen him or his car for a few days.  (He's not supposed to drive until after his cataract surgery.)  I drove down Wed. and checked the house...no Michael.  He finally showed up at home last night, but not in great shape...back to drinking and/or drugs. :( 

And...DH lost his glasses, so we've been to order new ones this a.m.  Aren't I having fun lately? :lol

Thanks for letting me ramble. :manyheart   Time to change laundry and crochet!

Free Kindle book alert. A pattern book by Tammy Hildebrand. Amazon says its list price as a paper book is $19.99, so it seems to be a good deal. Make sure you check price before clicking.

http://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Wraps-Every-Which-Way-ebook/dp/B00IN7X734/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1418397315&sr=1-1&keywords=Crochet+wraps+every+which+way

From the Amazon description:

Patterns for 18 wraps and shawls using 6 crochet techniques: traditional crochet, motif crochet, Tunisian crochet, broomstick lace, hairpin lace, and double-ended crochet

The book looks great, Cindy!  We just have the Nook, so I won't be able to take advantage of this.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope your cold flies away soon.

Mary, The afghan is going to be gorgeous. Bummer you have to get hubby new glasses. Sorry your brother is going to be causing you some stressful times.

Judy, I don't remember if I said I liked the fingerless gloves your making or not. But it is a pretty pattern. Thanks for the update on Linda.

Joanne, I'm getting pretty excited to go to Texas.

Hubby had a follow up appt with the heart doctor wednesday. The heart monitor report came back good, but leaves them stumped on the chest pain. There going to add a new medicine. I have to pick it up tomorrow. If it doesn't help then they will try a beta blocker. I had my cleaning at the dentist yesterday. We had dinner with mil, bil and sil. It was bil's birthday.

I ran into cousins wife while out shopping. Funny because don't either one of us live there. We had a really nice visit. I haven't seen her in years. It's a shame that families go there separate ways and don't stay in touch. I also went to see one of my other cousins. They want a pattern and they think it might be in some things I bought from there folks auction. I thought it was a crochet pattern and took the only one I could find close to what they said it was. Except it isn't crocheted, it's knit. I don't know if I'll look for it before we go or not. She knows I'm going to Texas and she said that's okay.

There's talk on the weather here that we might not have a white christmas. It will be okay with me as then we will have good roads to leave on. It will be a complete opposite from last year as on christmas eve we had an ice storm and lots of people across the state were without power. I remember one time it being near 70 if not 70.

I neet to wip up a pair of baby cowboy boots and a hat for my niece. I have the soles done. I've really not been in the mood to crochet this year. I hope going to Texas and getting back in the groove it will come back as I sure do love crocheting. I will be going to the jam sessions on monday afternoons and I always crochet there.

Hope everyone had a warm weekend!

Good Morning!  It's cloudy and supposed to be 72* today - not exactly Christmas time weather. ;)

Cindy ~ Thank you for the compliment.  I know how much you love joining squares/motifs. :D

Marlene ~ Thank you!  I sure hope they can figure out the cause of your Hubby's pain. :hug  You've sure had a busy week - I hope you can have some "you" time today. :yes

I feel so unorganized this year.  I'm determined to make a to-do list today...it's not so overwheming that way.

Have a good Saturday, everyone. :manyheart

Archived