Our House Part Two

JulieKay

'Evening, everyone.  We were without uverse on Friday and most of yesterday and posting from my phone is so tedious. ;)

Linda!  So glad to see you here. :manyheart   I'm sorry progress is so slow with your shoulder. :hug

Judy ~ I so agree with you and Joanne about staying off the ice!  I'm glad you all are safe and warm.

Marlene ~ I hope your MIL is okay.  My MIL was stubborn, too and on two occasions called a cab and checked herself out of the hospital! 

Cindy ~ You deserve a break after all you've been doing!

We're staying with the boys again tomorrow morning.  Our weather is gorgeous - upper 60's and sunny.  Luke has his new bike and they both have new scooters, so we'll have some fun outside tomorrow. :)

I have wonderful news to share...after about 5 years and 3 or 4 hearing tests, DH finally decided to get hearing aids!  I quit nagging years ago, but it's been another added stressor for me.  I was elated when he brought it up and wanted to go.  He loves them and is adjusting to them quickly. :cheer:)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. I'm so glad that ice wasn't here. We had temperatures right around 30 and light snow, which is way better than ice.

Judy and Joanne, I think men see things like the weather as a challenge and that's why they want to go out in it. They have something to prove!

Mary, that's great about dh getting hearing aids. I would think that since he also has vision issues, he woukd be happy to at least hear better! Have fun with the boys tomorrow.

I'm fighting yet another virus. My symptoms are actually pretty minimal, but I'm really tired, even after a good nights sleep and a couple of naps. I have to work tomorrow. Guess we'll see how that goes!

Well, I'm going to knit a row or two before going to bed.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I hope your feeling better tomorrow. I bet your mil is happy to be in her new home and closer to her husband. It was nice of DD to make dinner after you guys worked all day.

Judy, I'm with you on staying off icy roads. We were in an accident in the winter time and it was hubby's fault. It just scares me to death. Hope your neighbor/friend is okay.

Joanne, I just put chili in the freezer. If we were closer I could of gave it to you.

Linda, Great to see you here. I bet your grandson loves having you there with them. Little steps to healing.

Mary, Were enjoying the warm temps to. I'm glad for you and hubby that he decided to go get hearing aids. My hubby wears two and it is rarely that he doesn't wear them. It's going to be a whole new world for him. Enjoy your day tomorrow with the boys.

Today hubby called to talk to his mom twice and both times she was sleeping. His sister said she did get up and eat but went back to bed. She said she is doing pretty good. I don't know who is staying with her tonight or any further than out. I know two sisters said they can't do it. They don't want to sit and watch her wasting away. Brother Ken told them to suck it up. Hopefully soon she will be better or we all will have to make a decision on what to do.

I called one of my brothers today and he told me my brother Gordy went to the hospital today. I'm sure they are going to if they didn't already admit him. He has congestive heart disease and fights keeping the fluid off him. Every year he ends up in the hospital.

We had hot pork sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy with green beans and pineapple upside cake yesterday for are lunch meal. We had 78 people for lunch. Tonight we had ice cream social.

I face timed with Maya twice yesterday and once today. Last night her mom came in her room and seen were face timing again and she said are you guys going to talk all night. lol  Actually I was watching her play with her sand we got her for Christmas. It came with 4 different shapes. She wanted me to see them made up.

I face timed with Payton and Jocelyn today to. Jocelyn told me she is in gymnastics.

You won't believe what the ex dil and her oldest daughter have done. They have managed to be kicked off all school properties in the kids school district. The principal called my son and asked him to meet the ex off school property and told him what happened on the last day of school before Christmas break after he picked the kids up. She and her daughter went in the school and caused a scene with one of the kids teachers in front of students then went down to the office and made a scene there to. Someone got one of the male teachers to come to the office to see if they could get rid of them and they went off on him to. These two are horrible when there mouths open and start arguing with someone. I asked why they didn't just call the cops. My son said they did and was told they couldn't come at that time. There is no excuse for that answer. The state police post is 15 minutes away, the county could of been called they are located in the same town as the state police. And with all the shootings that happen at schools this shouldn't of been handled like that. When school resumed after the break the school did file a police report on the ex and her daughter. So far the punishment is they can't be on any school property. How sad! 

Jocelyn has to have certain blankets, her pillows, her stuffed animals. Payton has to have his medicine. I told DS Jocelyn needs to be told your going to have certain things at his house, grandma's house and her own house and stick to it. Figure something out about the medicine.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Good morning. I'm feeling quite a bit better today, just tired but the sore throat and headache are pretty much gone. I'm on call for work, so I got to sleep later than 5:30 AM.

Marlene, those poor grandkids of yours. They are spending half their time in a soap opera. I wonder if their mom ever gives a thought to what she is doing to those poor kids. Not to mention how embarrassing they must find her.

Also, hope that the family can agree on mil, if decisions need to be made. I understand your sisters in law not wanting to see her decline, but I have to agree with Ken. Time to put on their big girl panties and think of mom. It might be difficult, but providing care for a parent can turn out to be a very special time. It means no regrets if the end result is death, and in that case, it can also make the grieving process easier.

Hi, Christie! What have you been up to?

Well, this week is going to mark the beginning of purging around here. After seeing all the things my mil saved, I decided it's time to get rid of stuff. My mil still has her gallstones from 40 some odd years ago, not to mention she has saved all her worn out bras and underwear. They are neatly packed away in plastic boxes on shelves in the basement. They have lived in an apartment for 11 years. They still have all their gardening equipment, camping equipment and lawn furniture. They haven't camped since all their children were at home. My youngest bil is 50! There are literally hundreds of cassette tapes, 10 or 12 portable radios, 60 year old home movies too fragile to watch, even if you had the equipment, or to transfer to DVDS. They tried about 10 years ago and the film was disintegrating then. Now it's probably in piles of dust. And it gives on and on. There is very little of value, either monetary or sentimental, just decades worth of junk. Also case upon case of long expired canned goods. I don't mean a few months, I mean years!

My mil was the exact opposite of my mom, who never kept anything that she wasn't using, except photographs. I fall somewhere in the middle, (except for my 7 sets of dishes, which I will confess is excessive.....), but my goal is to be more like my mom.

Joanne and Judy, hope your roads are better this morning.

Mary, enjoy your nice weather and the boys.

Hoooray!  I made it in at DD's house.  Took me three tries at the password but finally found the right combination.

I finally made it back to church yesterday.  Wore myself out but it was worth it.  Everyone was so happy to see me it brought tears to my eyes.  I haven't been a member for very long, but I am very much someone who is part of the church family.  I got asked to be part of the committee working on the 165th anniversary.

Cindy, hope you can kick whatever it is you've got this time.  You've been sick a lot this winter.  Worried about you.  Something seems off with your system.

Marlene, what a uproar with the ex-dil.  Some people just don't seem to have any idea of the image they are projecting and the damage it can do to their children.  Hope things calm down soon.

Mary, that's great news about hubby getting the hearing aids.  Enjoy the grandkids.  One of the good side effects of being here with DD and GS is that GS and I are getting a really good bond.  He really needed a close grandma again and I needed to be more a part of his life.  With the death of his other close grandma this spring, I've been able to fill a huge gap in his life that she left behind.  We're different, but we both love him dearly and can be a super good support for him.  She is missed by everyone.  Her death was totally unexpected and rocked the entire family.

Hi, peeps!

Linda and Christi - great to see you back here!!!!

Marlene...hugs....

'Evening, everyone.  We were without uverse on Friday and most of yesterday and posting from my phone is so tedious. ;)

Linda!  So glad to see you here. :manyheart   I'm sorry progress is so slow with your shoulder. :hug

Judy ~ I so agree with you and Joanne about staying off the ice!  I'm glad you all are safe and warm.

Marlene ~ I hope your MIL is okay.  My MIL was stubborn, too and on two occasions called a cab and checked herself out of the hospital! 

Cindy ~ You deserve a break after all you've been doing!

We're staying with the boys again tomorrow morning.  Our weather is gorgeous - upper 60's and sunny.  Luke has his new bike and they both have new scooters, so we'll have some fun outside tomorrow. :)

I have wonderful news to share...after about 5 years and 3 or 4 hearing tests, DH finally decided to get hearing aids!  I quit nagging years ago, but it's been another added stressor for me.  I was elated when he brought it up and wanted to go.  He loves them and is adjusting to them quickly. :cheer:)

That's great news about the hearing aides! I've been having issues a bit, but only on one side - so far. It's only a bit of a nuisance at this point, but nowhere as bad as it could be.

Hi ladies. I'm so glad that ice wasn't here. We had temperatures right around 30 and light snow, which is way better than ice.

Judy and Joanne, I think men see things like the weather as a challenge and that's why they want to go out in it. They have something to prove!You said it all!

Mary, that's great about dh getting hearing aids. I would think that since he also has vision issues, he woukd be happy to at least hear better! Have fun with the boys tomorrow.

I'm fighting yet another virus. My symptoms are actually pretty minimal, but I'm really tired, even after a good nights sleep and a couple of naps. I have to work tomorrow. Guess we'll see how that goes!Feel better fast! It's not been a good winter for you at all....

Well, I'm going to knit a row or two before going to bed.

Just hi. Haven't been in here in a long time. Gonna look around and try to figure out how to use my smart phone here.

Good morning. I'm feeling quite a bit better today, just tired but the sore throat and headache are pretty much gone. I'm on call for work, so I got to sleep later than 5:30 AM.

Marlene, those poor grandkids of yours. They are spending half their time in a soap opera. I wonder if their mom ever gives a thought to what she is doing to those poor kids. Not to mention how embarrassing they must find her.
Also, hope that the family can agree on mil, if decisions need to be made. I understand your sisters in law not wanting to see her decline, but I have to agree with Ken. Time to put on their big girl panties and think of mom. It might be difficult, but providing care for a parent can turn out to be a very special time. It means no regrets if the end result is death, and in that case, it can also make the grieving process easier.

Hi, Christie! What have you been up to?

Well, this week is going to mark the beginning of purging around here. After seeing all the things my mil saved, I decided it's time to get rid of stuff. My mil still has her gallstones from 40 some odd years ago, not to mention she has saved all her worn out bras and underwear. They are neatly packed away in plastic boxes on shelves in the basement. They have lived in an apartment for 11 years. They still have all their gardening equipment, camping equipment and lawn furniture. They haven't camped since all their children were at home. My youngest bil is 50! There are literally hundreds of cassette tapes, 10 or 12 portable radios, 60 year old home movies too fragile to watch, even if you had the equipment, or to transfer to DVDS. They tried about 10 years ago and the film was disintegrating then. Now it's probably in piles of dust. And it gives on and on. There is very little of value, either monetary or sentimental, just decades worth of junk. Also case upon case of long expired canned goods. I don't mean a few months, I mean years!

My mil was the exact opposite of my mom, who never kept anything that she wasn't using, except photographs. I fall somewhere in the middle, (except for my 7 sets of dishes, which I will confess is excessive.....), but my goal is to be more like my mom.

Joanne and Judy, hope your roads are better this morning.

Mary, enjoy your nice weather and the boys.

I started purging the first time after MIL went to the nursing home over 7 years ago - been trying to do it off and on ever since. I have a couple of hobbies that kind of make it hard to do, though!

Have a good one, my friends

Linda, I'm excited for you (and us), that you managed to log in from your DD's house. Sounds like you have made an impact in your new church, just in the short time you've been there. I'm glad that you and Dgs are getting this opportunity to strengthen the bonds you already had.

Judy, I purged a lot 7 or 8 years ago, but I've collected a lot of stuff since then. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the craft stuff yet. My sister in law says she knows a woman that teaches quilting to disadvantaged women and girls. If I can connect with her, I might be able to get rid of a lot of fabric. I'm still thinking about it though.

I am getting a little tired of all these viruses too. It might be time to see the doctor. The thing is, none of them are really that bad, after a while never feeling well just wears on me. I half think its the same virus hanging on and on and on....Quite a number of my co-workers have been sick a lot this winter as well.

I cleaned out a drawer in the living room wall units. Most of the stuff in it belonged to dh and he said it could all go! So now I have an empty drawer. Mil collected pretty cups and saucers and sent a boxful home with dh last week. My DD's each want a couple, the rest will be going to Goodwill. Mil will never know. I have enough junk of my own, without taking on hers too!

I also cleaned and ironed the family room curtains, changed sheets and washed sheets and towels. Ds is coming for dinner tomorrow, and since I have to work, I got everything ready for soup in the crockpot and bread in the bread machine. All dh has to do is combine ingredients, and push buttons and dinner will take care of itself! Plus, I wrapped up oldest DD's bjrthday gifts. Her birthday is next Tuesday.

This is the most productive I've been in about 2 months. Think I will take the rest of the day off. Dh won't be home for dinner, so no need to cook. I'm going to eat leftovers.

Another first since the broken shoulder.  We went to the spinning group on the other side of town that meets every Monday evening.  It was fun and one of the other gals helped me untangle a skein of yarn the one of Joy's kitties made a mess of the other night.  I realized it was still out, but was too tired to get up again and put it away.  Consequently it/they got into it.  I got almost three whole rows done while we were there.  :clap   While I've been here I've had the chance to finally watch Downton Abby.  I can see while everyone likes it.  I do, too.  As one of my Christmas presents, I picked up the complete set of the Tudors.  DD and I have just started watching it.  I've caught an occasional show on TV and liked what I saw so decided to get the set.

Hope you all have a good night and a good day tomorrow.  It was over 40* here today.  Nice.

morning, peeps.

Only because you guys are my friends....I've been going through a bit of a rough intestinal issue for close to 24 hours as of this morning - no fever, nothing else...just not a happy camper...won't go into any gross details.

Going with the bland diet today - even had decaf tea this morning. 

Later, gators.

Oh, dear, Judy.  Wishing you a swift recovery.  Be sure to get plenty of liquids in.  That sort of thing can dehydrate you very quickly.

I had too much tea late yesterday, so my bladder woke me up extra early this morning.  I'm definitely not really awake yet.  More later, when I'm truly awake.  Hope you all have a good Tuesday.

Thanks, Cindy and Linda. Compared to yesterday, which was awful, I'm 60% better tonight. Thank goodness...I've had soup, toast, have been sipping water and drinking herbal tea, and actually ate a bit of dinner. So far, so good. Hopefully tomorrow will be 100%

I pulled out some GSs to join just a bit ago, even though I am tired. No caffeine at all today, just to be safe.

Have a good night my friends.

Oh, Judy hope that bug leaves you soon, and I'll echo what Linda said about staying hydrated.

Linda. It's so good to see you here and I'm so happy you are on the mend.

Cindy,

I chuckled about the purging. When we had to get my parents house ready to sell we had so much stuff to go through it wasn't even funny. My mom liked to hold on to things We did have some good laughs and some of the things that I would have thrown out are cherished by my DD's. I said I'll never leave my DD's with all the accumulated stuff to have to decide what to do with. And here I am 10 years after cleaning out my parents house with too m.uch "stuff" in mine. I'm slowly. It surely decluttering.

Mary and Marlene hope you had a good day.

Hi Cindy

I went to cc last night and worked on the socks. They are slow going, but I'm enjoying the two at a time using magic loop. At least when they are done I'll have a pair!!!

Off to heat up the leftovers. Glad I don't have to cook a meal tonight

Thanks, Cindy and Linda. Compared to yesterday, which was awful, I'm 60% better tonight. Thank goodness...I've had soup, toast, have been sipping water and drinking herbal tea, and actually ate a bit of dinner. So far, so good. Hopefully tomorrow will be 100%

I pulled out some GSs to join just a bit ago, even though I am tired. No caffeine at all today, just to be safe.

Have a good night my friends.

We were posting at the same time....lol. Glad you ARE on the mend.

Night

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad your getting better.

Cindy, I need to purge to. I have way more than I need. Next summer when we put on a new roof we will have them bring in a dumpster and I will be getting rid of lots. Hope you continue to feel better. I don't know what the ex-dil is thinking.

Linda, Great having you here again. Glad your starting to get in your routine again. Grandparents are special people to there grandkids. Your grandson is blessed to have so close to fill the void of his other grandma. Enjoy it all!

Joanne, Enjoy making those socks.

Hi Mary and Christie!

Today I started out with my walk. Then I helped a bunch of people take down and put away the outside Christmas decorations. Then we had lunch. Then I went to a store here looking for a new purse and a pair of tennis shoes. I like skeechers but didn't like what they had. Came home with nothing. Hubby went golfing today. He got home just in time for happy hour. I made tuna and egg salad sandwiches.

Yesterday hubby was out trimming the two trees in are yard. He lost his glasses. We found them and there all scratched up. We took a warranty out on them but it looks like it's going to cost us at least thirty dollars if not sixty dollars. These were his new glasses.

Maya and I face timed tonight. She has a really thick book from school she has to bring home once a week and read from it. So she read it to me over face time.

Hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Judy, it's good to hear that you are doing better tonight.  :yay   Hopefully tomorrow will have you right as rain.

Joanne, good luck on the socks.  They are something I've never tackled.  Although I've made plenty of Christmas stockings.  (Do they count?)

Marlene, too bad about hubby's glasses.  They are so expensive that even having to pay the $30-$60 should be a lot better than another new pair.  Good luck with them.

I'm plugging along.  Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.  :hug

morning, peeps.

Joanne, I love how you just tackle everything! Looking forward toa picture of the completed pair of socks!

Marlene, Maya is so precious! I'm glad to hear how much she loves to read.

My "issues" seem gone this morning, thank heaven; we'll see how my light breakfast sits... Now I just have to get my energy back up. I had a cup of decaf coffee this morning instead of my regular - I'm sure that's why I'm not as peppy as usual. Maybe I'll have a cuppa with lunch.... :D

Have a great day my friends

Good morning ladies. There is a winter storm warning here, and it's snowing like crazy! We went out in it to get Dgs to spend the day with us. He and dh are out in the barn making a wooden bench. Dgs was quite excited when he found out what we were going to do, he says he's never gotten to work with tools before. My turn is coming bi think I will be playing out in the snow vi see he has his snow pants,mets with him. We went to McDonalds for breakfast. (That's his favorite restaurant!:)). He ate an entire "big breakfast, 3 hot cakes, eggs,massage, a biscuit and hash browns, plus a glass of juice. I don't know where he puts it.

Judy, glad you are feeling better.

Joanne, looking forward to seeing your socks.

Marlene, ouch on hubby's glasses! It's great that Maya loves to read.

Hi to Mary, Linda and Christie.

Well, better get back to work. I'm trying to declutter Christmas decorations.

Good morning.  It's just grey and overcast here today.  Makes for a gloomy feeling, but it's above freezing so I can't complain too much.

Judy, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better today.  Just take it easy for another day or two to make sure that you don't relapse.

Cindy, have fun with the Grandson in the snow.  When kids are on a growth spurt they are truly bottomless pits where food is concerned.  My son ate like a horse and looked like he never got fed.  Skinny as they come.  You could see every rib.  But he could out eat the three of the rest of us.

I did a bunch of dishes yesterday and made myself use the bad shoulder when putting them away, which gave it a good workout.  Sweet Pea woke me up today with incessant barking at something outside.  Then one of DD's cats decided to get might up by my face with her body and tail.  That's just so hard to ignore.  Fur brushing against my nose just is sooo ticklish.  It's going to take me a bit to wake up this morning I think.  Some strong, hot tea sounds good.

Have a great day.

Good afternoon, everyone. :)   The last 3 days have flown by and just realized I hadn't posted! 

Judy ~ Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling better. :yes  Have you made lots of granny squares?

Christie ~ Hi there!  I hope all is well with you. :)

Linda ~ Yay for being able to post from DD's house!  And way to go on exercising the shoulder.  Quite often, Zoe wakes me up by laying her face on mine. :lol  It's sounds so sweet unless you're trying to sleep!

Hi to all of you!  I've read all your posts, but we're headed to DH's dental appt.  He thinks he may have chipped or cracked a tooth...hopefully not!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope you had a fun time out in the snow with Dgs.

Linda, Good way to exercise that arm, putting dishes away.

Judy, Glad your feeling better today.

Mary, Hope DH's tooth problem is an easy fix.

We have a new great granddaughter. She was born shortly after midnight today. Her name is Aubrey Lorraine (Lorraine comes from SD's grandma). She weighed 7lbs 7ozs. I don't know how long she is. She was born breech. 

Are craft project is making flowers out of plastic bottles. About 2 inches or so below the cap is a line and we cut around the bottle following the line. We drilled the cap to put the light in there (you use a string of lights). Then on the side of the bottle is two more lines (across from each other), we cut on those lines then cut each of those sections into thirds. Then you press them down and when the weather is good we will paint them. You make as many flowers as you have lights on your string of light. I'm going to make mine red white and blue. I have a string of 100 lights. I want mine to go almost all the way across are canopy. We have people in the park saving us water bottles. The sample is really cute.

Hope everyone has a nice thursday.

Judy--Glad to be back! Using my phone will take some adjusting. Hope you are feeling better.

Cindy--we had ice yesterday and EVERY school in the area closed. Rds seemed to clear by 9 though. What I have been up to? I can't remember how long its been or what was going on? I'm pretty sure a couple job changes though, I now work at a daycare with 4-5 year olds. Wow..sounds like you have a LOT of purging to do.

Linda--i wish we has spinning classes close to me, sounds like fun!

Tobybob-- Hi. Sorry to hear about Hubby's glasses. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Your flower project sounds interesting.

Skysmom--hi, hope Hubby's tooth is ok.

I just went back to work day before yesterday. Missed 6 days. Upper respiratory infection turned to bronchitis. I'm STILL coughing but doctors office said I was ok to go back to work. They also started me on insulin.

Have a good day, gonna go work on my c2c blanket

Morning, peeps!

Cindy, have fun in the snow! It's supposed to be coming our way: Saturday and then Monday. Being close to the ocean we may not get as much snow as they're forecasting. We'll see. Pups are ready!

Linda, when we were first married we had a cat. His favorite place wot be was on my pillow, preferably with my hair underneath him.

Marlene...a GREAT Granddaughter!? My, oh, my! Any planks tomake something girlies for her?

Christi, take it easy - my sister is always getting bronchitis. And insulin....not sure if I could ever give myself a shot with my issues with needles.

Mary, I hope the dentist is an easy fix. I have to go back for a filling next week. Blech.  And I've made a dozen GSs. They're made from Caron SS and are only 4 rounds - a mistake on my part. I joined all 12 over the past days and will put it aside so I can whip up some RRs for an April fundraiser - which is so much faster to make!

I reached out for a group nearby called Blankie Depot which oversees donations for hospitals. etc.  Blankets, hats, stuffies - you know...  I told them up front that I have dogs, but told them how I handle any donations I give to my nurse friend, and they had no problem with my method, and said they would welcome my "art", as they call our work.

Another place to donate the end products of my crochet obsession!

Have a good day, my friends.

Good morning ladies. Cold out there today, but not snowing. Judy we are supposed to get more snow on the weekend. Of course I have to work.

Dgs told his parents that he had super mega fun yesterday! (I think that's good!) I learned some thing from the experience, namely that I need to be in much better shape to go sledding. I have muscle aches in places that I didn't know I had muscles! Now the other grandsons are eagerly awaiting their turn!

I've got laundry going, but I think that's probably going to be the extent of my housework for today. I'm going to read or knit. Dh is going out to dinner with his Uncle so no cooking for me. Lots of leftovers around here for me to eat. I usually take them to work, but I haven't worked since last Tuesday, so they are piling up.

Christie, good luck with the insulin. Judy, lots of patients use the newer insulin pens.not all insurances will cover them, but it's a lot easier to poke yourself with one if those. The needle doesn't show unkess you look for it and it is super tiny.

Marlene, congrats on the new great grand daughter.

Mary. Hope Dh's tooth was ok.

Well, it must be time to change the laundry. Hope you are all having a good day.

Archived