Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning, everyone. Sweet Pea and the kitten decided that I had to get up at 10:00 whether I wanted to or not. At least I am more rested than yesterday. I can tell that I'm going to have to be careful of how much I do at a time. Two days in a row out for multiple hours both times was too much of a good thing. DD got a carder for working up fiber for spinning and it is fascinating to watch her do it. Now she's going to help me do up some of my fiber. She can't work with wool and I can so whenever she gets wool with a purchase she gifts it to me. She got a big bag of it with the carder in creams and light brown. I'm going to put that with some honey colored silk that I bought online and a few pops of colored silk and some medium brown alpaca. It should yield a beautiful set of fiber to spin up. At least I hope so.

Are craft project is making flowers out of plastic bottles. About 2 inches or so below the cap is a line and we cut around the bottle following the line. We drilled the cap to put the light in there (you use a string of lights). Then on the side of the bottle is two more lines (across from each other), we cut on those lines then cut each of those sections into thirds. Then you press them down and when the weather is good we will paint them. You make as many flowers as you have lights on your string of light. I'm going to make mine red white and blue. I have a string of 100 lights. I want mine to go almost all the way across are canopy. We have people in the park saving us water bottles. The sample is really cute.

Your craft project sounds very interesting. Congratulations on the new GGD. 

I just went back to work day before yesterday. Missed 6 days. Upper respiratory infection turned to bronchitis. I'm STILL coughing but doctors office said I was ok to go back to work. They also started me on insulin.

Have a good day, gonna go work on my c2c blanket

Christi, Take it easy at work. I used to get bronchitis multiple times a year, but since I was put on a inhaled steroid I haven't had it even once. A huge improvement and much easier on my system. Hope you recover quickly.

Morning, peeps!

Christi, take it easy - my sister is always getting bronchitis. And insulin....not sure if I could ever give myself a shot with my issues with needles.

I reached out for a group nearby called Blankie Depot which oversees donations for hospitals. etc.  Blankets, hats, stuffies - you know...  I told them up front that I have dogs, but told them how I handle any donations I give to my nurse friend, and they had no problem with my method, and said they would welcome my "art", as they call our work.

Another place to donate the end products of my crochet obsession!

Have a good day, my friends.

Judy, the insulin needles are so tiny that I usually don't even feel them.

Out crochet projects truly are a work of art, and it's nice that people are coming to realize that. How nice that you have another place to donate things to.

Dgs told his parents that he had super mega fun yesterday! (I think that's good!) I learned some thing from the experience, namely that I need to be in much better shape to go sledding. I have muscle aches in places that I didn't know I had muscles! Now the other grandsons are eagerly awaiting their turn!

That is definitely high praise, Cindy. I know what you mean about doing something only to find out that you have aches in places you didn't know could ache.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all

I am at DD's and am babysitting the boys all weekend!! Got here around 5 am. They are going snowboarding in vT for the weekend. They and my middle dd and friends used to go there every winter break in college. And sil proposed to dd on the mountain. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun, but I also took off Monday to recuperate. LOL. Knitting is coming along fine.....I have three projects going. Blanket for oldest, socks and a mosaic knot blanket that I started. Also have a cowl on the hooks. Lol.

Have a Good Friday....time to go get the boys dressed.

Good morning ladies. Haven't looked outside so I have no idea what it's like out there. I'm still stiff and sore from my sledding adventure. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow as I have to work.

Joanne, you will have fun with the boys, but I suspect you will be glad to have Monday off. taking care of two little boys is hard work!

Yesterday evening I did photo decluttering. I threw away a lot of scenery pictures. We have been going to the Smokies for 25 years. All our pictures look the same. Same with my parents vacation place. Every year we took pictures of the same things. There are still lots and lots of pictures left though. Too bad I wasn't more discriminating in the first place.

morning peeps!

Linda, Joanne and Cindy - we all have to pace ourselves these days! Playing in the snow, though, is my favorite thing! I hope we get some....pups are still waiting!

Joanne, you are going to need Monday to recupperate!

I started a RR yesterday for an April fundraiser...it took me a couple of false starts before I was happy with the choices I had from stash. I'm really trying to use the odds and ends I have. This is deep purple, turqua, red and pure white. It should grab someone's attention...lol!

Later gators! Have laundry going.

Good morning, everyone. We've got blue skies and sunshine today. Hooray! If all goes according to plan I'm going back to the apartment this weekend. I think I'm ready and DD agrees. I've been looking at some camel fiber to use in my spinning for several days now, and decided that, yes, I really want it. I put in my order just a bit ago and it should arrive somewhere around next Wednesday. I love the color and the price was right. I may card it in with some other things, but haven't decided for sure yet. I'll wait until it arrives and then see.

The shawl that I'm making for me is coming along, slowly but surely. It is turning out so silky feeling and should drape really well. Color me happy. I am getting near the end of the first ball of the alpaca. Two to three more to go.

Joanne, I expect that you will need Monday to recuperate. It's wonderful to be with the grandkids but they are so very busy.

Cindy, the felted hat is so pretty!!!

Boys are napping. We went for a nice walk earlier and took belle too. It really is a nice day out and tonight into tomorrow is either snow,, sleet or rain....all in all not supposed to be a good day.. They played outside for awhile and even used chalk on the driveway. It was fun. After naps we are going to ac moore to get some crafty things. I figure if tomorrow is an indoor day, we can make valentines cards,, I'll see what they have. I put together a craft box for them for Christmas so we have markers, glue, crayons, scissors and construction paper. They also have finger paints

Linda. That is great news that you are moving back home.

Think I should take a cat nap.

Edit. I meant to say felted house and it came out hat. Lol

I did grab a cat nap. And am heading to bed now. Tomorrow is going to be an indoor day so will probably head to bed even earlier tomorrow night. Lol. I am enjoying them but boys are so different than girls. So much more energy!!!!!

Good morning friends. It's really cold and I have to head off to work in it. It's supposed to snow today. As long as it holds off until daylight, I'm okay.

Joanne, I think energy depends on the kids. My most energetic child was oldest dd, by a long shot! Today will be interesting for you if they have to spend the day inside.

Morning peeps!

Woke at 5 AM to about 4 inches of snow - went back to bed till 7. Then saw rain coming down which compressed the snow and has bent our 10 foot tall burning bushes down to the ground.Very slick out there so other than a quick romp for the pups we came back inside quickly,

Cindy, I love that felted house! So cute...stay safe on the roads.

Joanne, when DS was Ryan's age I used to give him manila folders and felt that we would cut out, etc - and I helped him make bookmarks on days like this. Good luck! My son was a whirlwind!

Linda, your shawl sounds like it's going to be gorgeous! Enjoy being back in your own place.

Off I go to get myself together, Havea good one my friends.

Good afternoon. I got a late start on the day. I had started an old favorite book, "The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax," in the afternoon and reached the point where there are no stopping points just before bed time. I ended up staying awake until I finished it at 2:00 am. It was worth it. It starts with her going to the CIA and volunteering to be a spy. That starts the weirdness and it just goes on from there. Her simple courier job goes entirely awry and she ends up in a fortress prison in the Albanian Alps known to be inescapable. IT gets progressively far out from there.

Last night I tried out DD's carder. I combined wool, alpaca, and silk and came up with a beauriful bat for spinning up. I will probably do a lot more of this in the future. I just have to make sure that I clean it really well when I'm done, as DD is allergic to the wool. It was fun and I like the results a lot.

I ordered some camel fiber yesterday, too. I should come in on Wednesday. It should arrive on Wednesday or so. It's already been shipped. It's something I've wanted to try out and the price was right.

Cindy, I love your felted house.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, That's a cute felted house.

Joanne, Enjoy your weekend with the boys. I bet you will be ready for a day of resting up on monday.

Linda, Good for you getting to go back to your house. Your shawl sounds pretty.

Judy, That's nice you found another place to take your work of art.

Christie, Hope your feeling lots better today.

It's been busy around here. Thursday night we had a country music show here at the park. Mary maybe you have heard of her T.Kaye she was CMA of Texas female artist of the year last year. She and her band are playing at the oyster festival this year and a some of us are talking about going down to see her. She is good and so was her band.

Friday 19 ladies went out for lunch at a local restaurant. Then there was laundry to do. We have a doctor and her husband who are new to the park. Last night we had a woman's health awareness discussion. It was really good.

Today we served breakfast for 78 people. Eggs, toast, bacon, ham, american fries, coffee and oj. We also had some excitement in the kitchen. One of the ladies said she wasn't feeling well so she was going to take a break drink some coffee and have a piece of chocolate. When she walked away from the counter she said her shoulders were hurting. She sat down at a table. Two other ladies who help in the kitchen came in to work (Penny is an RN). She said she took one look at Anna and knew something was wrong. Anna told her she was feeling well. Penny checked her pulse. It was 30. We got a blood pressure cuff and they couldn't get a bp reading. They called her husband and I told them to call 911. They took her to the hospital and she came back just as we were finishing up cleaning up. The doctor said her heart rate runs to low and she has to see a cardiac doctor next week. They do bp checks here once a week and she gets hers checked and it's been running perfect. She said her heart rate always runs low. The doctor told her she's a canidate for a pacemaker. We were all happy to see her.

Our rn told us that when she was working in er twice she had two different ladies come in complaining about a toothache and come to find out they both were having heart issues. 

Hope everyone has a nice rest of your weekend. Stay warm and safe!

Good morning

I ended up going to be early, and woke up at 5. We had a fun day, and it was spent indoors. Oh, my thank goodness for "tablet time" and tv time to break up the day. We made valentine door hangers from a little kit from ac moore. Oth boys enjoyed using the glue. Lol. I love the idea of making a bookmark, Judy. Ryan has a treasury of Clifford stories that we've been reading and we are using a tissue to mark the page we have to start the next day....he'll understand when I tell him we are going to make a bookmark for the Clifford book.

We are going to meet my DD's MIL for breakfast this morning and then spent a few hours at her house since the boys twin cousins will be there. Dd and sil are due back home tonight they are having a great time and we have facetimed with them.

We are set to have a major snow storm mon into tues and if that's the case I may be taking off Tuesday too!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Good Morning!  It seems I'm always playing catch-up these days.  I read posts and then before I know it, it's been days since I posted.  :rolleyes

Christi ~ I hope you're much better by now. :hug  It's so good to see you again!

Joanne ~ Umm, you may need at least two days to get rested up. :lol   We've only had both boys overnight twice, but it wears me out. ;) 

Linda ~ So glad you're able to be back at your apartment!  Your yarn all sounds beautiful!  And I can't wait to see your shawl. :yes

Marlene ~ It sounds like you're having a great time!  How is the afghan coming along?

Cindy ~ The felted house is adorable!  How are you holding up during the kitchen renovation? Everytime I think about updating, I decide to think about it later. :lol

Judy ~ I hope the storm that's headed your way isn't too bad - are you all stocked up just in case?  I hope you have plenty of yarn. :)   The RR colors sound great!

Very exciting around our house lately. lol  Gracie goes in the a.m. for her teeth cleaning.  DH has another dental app't - yep, it needed a crown.  Today I plan to do paperwork and start on taxes.  Obviously, I was kidding about the 'exciting' part. ;)

Have a good day, everyone.

Oh!  These pics show about 70 of the hexagons laid out in the dining room.  I took pictures, so I can tell what combinations still need to be made.  Of course, I can't leave them out...Zoe would be dragging them all to the water dish. :cat

post-10699-0-99969000-1422191456_thumb.jpgpost-10699-0-37559400-1422191517_thumb.jpg

morning peeps!

Mary, I chuckled about Zoe - she still dunks them!?!? Those hexes are so pretty! The colors are really calming. Unlike my RR!

I am only using Cherry Red, pure white and a deep purple for the current RR. The next one will be Light Yellow, Turqua and I think soft white, maybe pure white. i have to see how it looks by doing a small area witha ll three colors together.

Marlene - TG for RNs! Scary...

Joanne, You're doing so great with the boys - they'll be asking their mom when GM can come stay again! Bookmarks are fun for the kids - even my son sat still long enough to make a couple!

Off to B&N and MIchaels this morning. I need some more colors to use with stash.....funny how that always happens!

morning peeps!

Mary, I chuckled about Zoe - she still dunks them!?!? Those hexes are so pretty! The colors are really calming. Unlike my RR!

Yep!  This morning there was a sticky note in the bowl - stolen from the office waste basket. lol

Off to B&N and MIchaels this morning. I need some more colors to use with stash.....funny how that always happens!

Have fun yarn shopping!  :yes 

Woke up this morning to a quarter inch or so of snow on the ground and more falling from the sky. All my arthritic joints were loudly protesting with my shoulder leading the pack by many lengths. I took 2 pain pills which have helped the other joints but not doing a lot for the shoulder. Move back to the apartment is postponed for a week. If today hadn't been the annual meeting at church, I wouldn't have gone out in it at all. On the way home I stocked up on ice cream and chocolate. I don't need to be out in the messy stuff walking Sweet Pea right now. On the way to church we saw a car that had spun out and landed in someone's yard at least a car length from the street. Four wheel drive gives a lot of drivers a sense of security that just isn't warranted when the streets and roads are icy. DD took it slow and careful.

So glad you are having fun with the GSs, Joanne. Hope you and Judy stay safe in what's coming your way.

Have a great day, my friends.

Good morning, House. 

Linda ~ I'm glad you're staying at DD's for a while longer. :yes   Chocolates and ice cream sound yummy!

The winter storm predictions look scary!  Stay safe, everyone. :manyheart

We have to have Gracie at the vet by 8, but I sure didn't need to wake up at 4!  Oh well, there's always laundry. ;)

Good morning

Couldn't have picked a better day to have a scheduled day off. DH went to work and hopefully will leave early.. By the sounds of this storm, looks I like I'll have another day off tomorrow. If they don't close work, I'm not going anyway. Lol

Happy, happy birthday, Cindy!!!! Hope you have a good day

Judy, Ryan made a bookmark. He cut out a shape ( cross between a triangle and square lol) and then colored on one side and put a firetruck sticker on the other side. So cute.

Good luck at the vet ,Mary. I chuckled when I read your post about getting up early....so did I and my laundry is almost done. One more load to go into the dryer,

Linda Sorry to hear yiur shoulder is giving you fits.....but glad you'll be woth dd another week to look after you. Sounds like you are enjoying living close to your dd and gs. Speaking of gs, I missed the sweet sound of two little ones calling out Grammie first thing in the morning

Good morning

Couldn't have picked a better day to have a scheduled day off. DH went to work and hopefully will leave early.. By the sounds of this storm, looks I like I'll have another day off tomorrow. If they don't close work, I'm not going anyway. Lol

Happy, happy birthday, Cindy!!!! Hope you have a good day

Judy, Ryan made a bookmark. He cut out a shape ( cross between a triangle and square lol) and then colored on one side and put a firetruck sticker on the other side. So cute.I'll bet he was so proud of himself! 

Good luck at the vet ,Mary. I chuckled when I read your post about getting up early....so did I and my laundry is almost done. One more load to go into the dryer,

Linda Sorry to hear yiur shoulder is giving you fits.....but glad you'll be woth dd another week to look after you. Sounds like you are enjoying living close to your dd and gs. Speaking of gs, I missed the sweet sound of two little ones calling out Grammie first thing in the morning

Have a good day with pointy sticks and hooks, Joanne!

Mary, I know as we've gotten older our sleep paterns have changed. Hubby's never had restful sleep, and I find I don't need as much - and it doesn't seem to matter whether or not I've had a busy day.

It's snowing right now - a hint of what's to come later tonight, esp when the wind blows sideways (against my side door, which is the pups, exit from the house). Hubby went out to pick up some danish at a bakery about 5 minutes away - he said it was very, very slippery, and he's usually the one who says I'm overreacting to weather conditions, so I know it's bad. The snow is covering the ice, I guess. No coffee date with a girlfriend...reschedule that, along with tomorrow's dentist appointment.

I just finished making the pups some peanut butter/pumpkin cookies. They're baking right now. Later on I'll start cooking a pot roast. I think we're going to gain a little weight this week :lol

Have a good one, my friends

Archived