Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning

Cindy. Glad to hear that mil was discharged. Hope she does ok at rehab. Small light at the end of the short staffing tunnel. I asked that very question last week. One of the nurses came back on Wednesday The other one is out for about 3 mos and they still have the vacant position open.

Marlene. Enjoy your time with maya. I'll bet you and she are both very excited

Mary. Are the boys getting excited for Christmas?

Glad that today is Friday!! Hair color tomorrow and babysitting tomorrow night. Sunday, I hope to finish the wrapping of presents and relax!!! Maybe bake a few batches of cookies too!!!

Have a good day!!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, peeps!

Cindy - 4 hours! DH must be so tired - and now you worry because she's nervous...sending all of you some hugs,

Joanne, enjoy your weekend.

Went to my book club's holiday party last night. It was only 2 houses up from me...lol! Fun and noisy. I sat on the floor, a comoftable spot for me, and pet their two dogs as they made the rounds in the room. The oldest of the two dogs is the one Lucy used to play with a lot - until they got the second dog. Oh, well...I try not to think about what used to be.....

Have a good day, my friends.

Hi, peeps!

Mary and Joanne, I hope your day goes well! 

We were out already for a quick run to get veggies from Delicious Orchards. It's so bitterly cold out there today we'll probably stay home the rest of the day - that is, until I head off to my goddaughter's house to see her for the first time since she turned 21. Her mom - going over the top, as is normal for her - has a big tent set up for the beer garden themed party she's throwing for her. I'll be leaving her house before the friends show up and the chaos begins - the family is coming early, so I'll be there for that.

Have a good day, my friends!

Hi ladies. Chilly and gloomy here today.

Mil is doing well at rehab. Fil is a different story. He fell yesterday while my sister in law was there, and afterwards had a lot of abdominal pain. Fil never complains, so it's hard to know how uncomfortable he is. When we were there last night he appeared to be very uncomfortable, but he insisted that he was okay, and he was actually behaving pretty much like his usual self, teasing and kidding around. This morning he fell again while my bil was with him, and he is still in quite a bit of pain. He still doesn't want to be checked out. We did get pain medication for him, and he says it helps some. I'm worried, we are spending 24 hours a day with him and we still can't prevent things like this. Dbil says he just collapsed, didn't trip over anything. He has always been very steady on his feet before this, but he still used a walker. (I think tgat was just to humor his children)

Work was very busy again yesterday. I have this feeling that it's going to be a crazy Christmas season in the ICU, and we haven't even seen our first case of flu yet!

I made a felt downy woodpecker today and a couple of Christmas centerpieces for DD's. I'd make ds one, but I doubt that he would want one. Dh made extra wooden boxes. Maybe he'd like one to toss his keys and so forth in.

post-6189-0-51776700-1419101845_thumb.jpg

post-6189-0-52495200-1419101862_thumb.jpg

Morning ladies! Yes, It's still morning here. We've been out and about already and I'll soon be starting my meat sauce for spaghetti.

Cindy, it sounds like your in laws are really having issues. It's so hard to know exactly how to handle it, esp since, esp FIL, they insist they're ok. Hugs...

...and I love the felted bird you made! You are so talented....and the boxes - what great ideas!

Cold and gloomy here. I have my projects waiting for me, but not sure how much will get done today.

Thinking of everyone during this busy time!

Hi ladies. Gloomy and cold here...but it's not snowing. We haven't had any snow to speak of in December. We had 30 inches in November though, which probably still puts us ahead of our normal winter.

Dh went over to his dad's this morning. He is about the same, very weak, but mentally his usual self. Happy to still be at home. Dh and his 3 brothers will be providing 24 hour supervision. Dh gets the early morning shift, which works pretty well for him. My single bil will do night time duty. Hopefully one of his brothers will occasionally give him a night off so he can sleep in his own bed.

Work for me tomorrow.....I hope that it has slowed down some!

DH is in the hospital. Scheduled for a cardiac cath tomorrow. Positive thoughts that it's not too bad. He had a heart attack in his 40s and had coronary artery bypass surgery. In 2005 he had 2 stents put in. He got really dizzy and almost passed out. EKG was abnormal and stress test was as well. He is in good spirits. I'll be heading back over there early in the morning

Joanne ~ Sending hugs and prayers to your hubby and you. :hug   I hope everything goes well today and hope you'll get some rest, too. :manyheart

Cindy ~ It's so good that your FIL has his family close by.  I hope you have a quieter day at work!

DH has an app't this morning.  That and a couple of errands and then back home for us. :)

morning peeps!

Hi, Mary.

Joanne, sending really good thoughts and prayers for your hubby. If that were me, my nerves would probably short circuit the EKG machine!

Cindy, it sounds like you have everything under control for now. I hope it stays that way!

Another gloomy and very chilly day - could be colder, so we're lucky on that score.

Have a good one my friends.

DH is in the hospital. Scheduled for a cardiac cath tomorrow. Positive thoughts that it's not too bad. He had a heart attack in his 40s and had coronary artery bypass surgery. In 2005 he had 2 stents put in. He got really dizzy and almost passed out. EKG was abnormal and stress test was as well. He is in good spirits. I'll be heading back over there early in the morning

Hugs, prayers and good thoughts from here....

Work was good today busy but controlled.

Fil continues to decline. No longer eating or drinking much, can't stand at all, and his breathing is getting worse. Rehab reports that mil should be ready for discharge on Saturday. Dh and his brothers are out to dinner together trying to figure out how to deal with this. I think mil might be able to care for herself, but there is no way she can do anything for fil. Not sure she can cope with having him home in this condition either. They are working on nursing home placement for fil, (or so they say), but the brother in charge of that is dragging his feet big time. Dh was in charge of mil's paperwork, he got it done and back the next day. There are some financial things to work out for her, and of course waiting for a place to be available. Supposedly there are beds available for fil who would require a much higher level of care. However, if this keeps up, I doubt he will last through the week. I suggested hospice, but a couple of Dh's brothers are like ostriches with their heads stuck in the sand. (But hospice is for people who are dying). My sister in law is also in favor of hospice, and is trying to get her husband who is one of the holdouts on board.

Oh well....this too shall pass.....

I hope things get sorted out for your FIL, Cindy. I agree with hospice. Hope holdout brother comes around

As I expected DH needs a stent. This will be stent #3. He had 2 put in 2005. He is being transferred to another hospital in the am and they will do the procedure on Christmas Eve. They have to hydrate him monitor kidney function and blood glucose levels. As DH says "I'll be home for Christmas", I sure hope so. I'm going to work tomorrow and will see him afterwards. Will take off on wed

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Much appreciated

:rain  It's a wonderful, rainy morning here.  We need it desperately and will take anything at this point!

Joanne ~ Thinking of your DH, you and your family. :hug  I hope he will be home for Christmas, too. :)

Cindy ~ I am so sorry you all are going through this.  There are so many decisions to be made and it's especially hard to deal with reality when it's so emotional.  Sending all the hugs and prayers I can for your family. :hug

Judy ~ It sounds like you all have had a fairly mild winter so far!  Miss Gracie has already had  her paws cleaned off about 4 times this morning. :)

Linda ~ I hope your shoulder is much, much better by now. :yes

Marlene ~ You must be super busy getting ready for Christmas and your trip!

Be back later. ♥♥♥

Hi, my friends.

Cindy, I know how people react to the word hospice....but the people who work for hospice are true angels, regardless of how long they are needed. I hope they can get together on a decision. FIL and MIL are lucky to have a  loving family around them - despite the differences happening now over care.

Joanne, thank goodness it's "only" a stent that;s needed, Hugs to you sweetie, as you wait....I don't have texting any more, but if you want to email me to vent, please do it...

Mary, my guys have such big paws it's easier to mop the floor at the end of the day than try to clean their feet! I go through enough towels trying to dry their coats after each trip outside...lol!

Linda went through a bout of flu recently but is on the mend from that - I thiink many of us are int he same boat as she was in this: the shot she got wasn't the flu strain that's been going around!

Marlene, Holly, Sherry, and every one....have a good day.

Linda ~ So sorry you've had to deal with the flu on top of everything else. :hug 

Judy ~ We had two Irish Setters (one 15 and one 17)  and I mopped floors almost every day! :lol

I'm wrapping gifts finally.  We're only buying for the kids and their cousins.  A few years ago we decided none of us need anything, so why keep this up? Sue can't help herself, though.  She's always been addicted to shopping. ;)

good Christmas Eve, my friends!

Linda ~ So sorry you've had to deal with the flu on top of everything else. :hug

Judy ~ We had two Irish Setters (one 15 and one 17)  and I mopped floors almost every day! :lolThat's on my to do list for tonight...lol! Irish setters are magnificent looking dogs.

I'm wrapping gifts finally.  We're only buying for the kids and their cousins.  A few years ago we decided none of us need anything, so why keep this up? Sue can't help herself, though.  She's always been addicted to shopping. ;)

The first year I made the decision that the gift buying for adults, other than our parents, was getting ridiculous it was a shock to many in our families....but a relief to me!  Now we're estranged from hubby's side of the family, and mine live far away, so we haven't been in the habit of gifting others for years. We just aren't a close knit group. Besides, my older sister is the only one who really is on a tight budget, so she's the one we give our attention to - and it's all year round, when it counts the most, not just at Christmas.

I have my Kindle Fire, a recent purchase that hubby got me, so I really don't need anything. Would I like being surprised? Sure. But other than a little something from a very close friend who I'll exchange with in January, I'm not expecting anything. I have been having a great time of appreciating the season, though, by being alone in my sitting room and playing Christmas CDs...it's wonderful.....and given the news on TV that has had us very upset lately, it's a welcome respite.

I think I wrote a book :lol

have a great Eve, one and all!

Hi ladies. Cold, rainy and dreary here. Both DH and I are exhausted from the situations with his parents. However, mil is doing fairly well now and fil got placed in a nursing home today. He is actually doing a bit better. Dh said he even ate a bit today. I think tonight we are just going to collapse.

Tomorrow mil is coming home for a few hours in the afternoon so we will visit there at that time and then go to DDs for dinner.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas.

Hi ladies. Cold, rainy and dreary here. Both DH and I are exhausted from the situations with his parents. However, mil is doing fairly well now and fil got placed in a nursing home today. He is actually doing a bit better. Dh said he even ate a bit today. I think tonight we are just going to collapse.Take care of yourselves for a bit....you were just sick, too....hugs and I hope your Christmas is a peace filled one.

Tomorrow mil is coming home for a few hours in the afternoon so we will visit there at that time and then go to DDs for dinner.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas.

DH's procedure went well and they are keeping him overnight. He is supposed to be discharged tomorrow as long as his lab work looks good.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas!!!!!That's so good to hear! Hopefully this will take care of everything!! Enjoy your Christmas.

Merry Christmas, everyone. :wreath  To you and your family, too!

:ctree MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS!

:ctree MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! :ctree

We had dinner with SD and her family last night. We then visited the kids grandma and left there for Maya's house it was snowing and the roads were not nice until about 30 minutes from here. No snow at all. We seen the biggest snowflakes we have ever seen. It you looked at the bottom of a water bottle they were bigger than that. And hard to see where you were going as it was snowing at you. Luckily we didn't see any accidents either. I did a lot of praying. I do not like being on the roads when it's like that. DS and the kids came here to from his in laws. They didn't arrive until 1:30am. I stayed up (actually fell asleep) waiting for them.

We head out in the morning. Maya's daddy works tomorrow so I plan on getting up when he does and leaving by 7 when it's daylight. I'll try and get back here later and catch up. I hope everyone has a great day!

Merry Christmas ladies. We've had a very relaxing day so far. We went and watched the grandkids in their Sunday School Christmas program this morning, and now we are at home for a couple of hours. We are baking cookies at the moment to take to DDs house later today. This was Dh's idea. He's doing the baking, I just made the dough. When cookies are done we will soon be heading out to visit Mil, and then onto DDs for dinner. Dhs sister is in town too, so we will catch up with her and her Dh at some time today as well.

Joanne, hope your hubby got to go home today!

Linda sent me a message that her shoulder is coming along and she can actually knit or crochet for 20 to 30 minutes at a stretch. SHe antipates being able to move back to her partment in a matter of weeks

Hi House.  I hope you all have had a nice day. :)

Marlene ~ Safe travels tomorrow!  Keeping fingers crossed that you have good weather for your trip. :yes

Judy ~ Thank you for the message from Linda. :manyheart

We went to DD's house for most of the day.  Sue made the 2 hour drive again and we had a wonderful time!  The boys both got new scooters, so we had "scooter parades" all through the house several times. :lol

This picture was taken downtown a couple days ago -

post-10699-0-83447100-1419552224_thumb.jpg

Archived