Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy, WTG on showing so much restraint in the yarn store!

Linda, glad you are back safely.

Here is a picture of my Annabelle hydrangea bush. We talked about hydrangeas a month or so ago and I recommended this species. I started this from a single stalk taken from my Fil's plant 8 or 9 years ago. Since that time I have started 5 more plants for myself and given away quite a few starts to others as well. The flowers start out lime green, change to white and then turn ivory towards the end of summer. I dry a bunch of them every fall, simply by cutting them and standing them in a vase without any water. They last for months, and I toss them when the start to drop too many petals. I cannot begin to count the number of flowers that this plant has. Annabelle also has a pink variety, but I haven't bought one yet. I'm thinking seriously about getting one though.

That is gorgeous, Cindy!

I've not done much today. Sat with Kim while John went grocery shopping and ran errands in the morning. Rested in the afternoon.

Thought you'd enjoy seeing some of the pictures from my vacation.post-9295-135897765529_thumb.jpg

The first is a 4 generation picture of my Mom, daughter, grandson and I. The second is of me with my next youngest brother and his wife.

post-9295-135897765535_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897765542_thumb.jpg

These are of the Alpcacas. The littlest one is only 4 weeks old.

post-9295-135897765522_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897765532_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897765539_thumb.jpg

Happy weekend everyone!!!

Just as I finished reading through the posts, the skies are darkening and I think the T-storms that Judy mentioned we are supposed to get are going to be arriving very soon.

Love the pics Linda!!!!

Cindy- That afghan is very pretty-, but I also find picots to be awkward.

Judy- Good for you having restraint. I've found some great yarn in the Mill End Bin- it's definitely hit or miss! I've seen the Bernat Handicrafter- and that color is definitely you!

The angels are starting to bowl and I'm supposed to be heading over to DD's MIL's for a jewelry party in a bit. Hope the storms move through quickly.

Linda, I love the pics! I chuckled at the way some of the llamas were looking at the camera!

Judy, WTG on showing so much restraint in the yarn store!

I couldn't sneak in a lot of yarn with DH home:lol:lol:lol:lol

Here is a picture of my Annabelle hydrangea bush. We talked about hydrangeas a month or so ago and I recommended this species. I started this from a single stalk taken from my Fil's plant 8 or 9 years ago. Since that time I have started 5 more plants for myself and given away quite a few starts to others as well. The flowers start out lime green, change to white and then turn ivory towards the end of summer. I dry a bunch of them every fall, simply by cutting them and standing them in a vase without any water. They last for months, and I toss them when the start to drop too many petals. I cannot begin to count the number of flowers that this plant has. Annabelle also has a pink variety, but I haven't bought one yet. I'm thinking seriously about getting one though.

Love it!!

Here's a pic of some H blooms my neighbor brought to me when she came for a visit the other day.

post-8552-135897765555_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

I had a good time at the jewelry party especially since DD and Ryan were there! The jewelry was expensive, and I would have preferred not to buy anything,but did buy a pair of earrings.

Cindy- Forgot to comment on your beautiful Annabelle Hydrangea! Very, very pretty!

Judy- Love the blue hydragenea too. I missed most of the Yankee game, but caught the last 2 innings- hope they can win tonight!

Time for me to get my Saturday chores done so I can spend some time relaxing. Not sure what I'll do, but it will involve hook and yarn at some point, I'm sure!!

Hi, ya, peeps!

Joanne, sounds like the jewelry parties I've been to - and I just ordered a pair of earings from thir site:lol Couldn't resist. You know how inanimate objects can speak to you...??:lol:lol:lol:lol

Saturday here...means I don't cook dinner:D

And I made a lot of progress using my cotton last night, till my hands ached too much to continue. I'm making a dryer mat for my dishes.:hook

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. I was tired yesterday and slept very soundly last night. I think I'm slowly getting back to more normal rhythm. Have a great day and weekend. :manyheart

Good morning housemates!

Quick drop in to say hello. Going to my sister's to spend the day and overnight. We'll haave a crochet-a-thon.

I'll try to get back in later...but if not:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND everybody!!!

Good morning. I've been up for quite a while, but we went out to breakfast and then to Kohls to pick up a Keurig coffee maker for ds's birthday. (I had a 30% off coupon and they were on sale besides, plus I got $20 in Kohls cash to use next week) W also stopped at Meijers for a few things that DH needed and to buy a knee brace for me. I twisted my knee a week ago and it is still really sore. I had wrapped it with an elastic bandage when I went to work last week, and that helped a lot, but it was hard to keep the bandage in place. This will be faster and easier.

Not sure how I will spend the rest of my day. Yesterday I ended up knitting and listening to an audio book on my Ipod.

Good afternoon!

I got all my chores done in record time this morning.:clap Then I headed to the outlets and I picked a great skirt and top at Gap outlet (along with 2 outfits for Ryan), 3 pairs of sandals (yes, I know- crazy- but it was buy 1 get 2 free at the Bass Outlet and who can resist that?:lol) . I got some shorts, overalls and shirts at OshKosh outlet for Ryan- 3 pairs of shorts, overalls and 2 shirts for 19.00- can't beat it!:D

The weather is gorgeous- warm, but not humid like the past few days. Going to sit outside with a book for awhile!

Happy Saturday, everyone. :) It's quiet for now and I plan on crocheting for a little while...'hope Little Guy cooperates. :lol

Linda ~ Wonderful pictures! GS looks like he's really tall - and very cute. You and your brother look so much alike! I hope J behaves until you move out. ;)

Cindy ~ I'm so sorry about your knee. :hug Hopefully, it will heal quickly!

Valerie ~ Have fun at the crochet-a-thon. :hook

Judy ~ The hydrangeas are beautiful! DD had that same color at the house she bought before she met her DH. The neighbor told her they had been there for at least 50 years and bloomed every year.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Joanne - great shopping! You get the black belt!

My GD's mom is holding a pool party for her...another graduation celebration.:lol I'm going to pop over for about an hour or so...with her stuffed pug dog. Looks so much like her real pug:lol:lol:lol

Later, gators

Good morning. I've been up for quite a while, but we went out to breakfast and then to Kohls to pick up a Keurig coffee maker for ds's birthday. (I had a 30% off coupon and they were on sale besides, plus I got $20 in Kohls cash to use next week) W also stopped at Meijers for a few things that DH needed and to buy a knee brace for me. I twisted my knee a week ago and it is still really sore. I had wrapped it with an elastic bandage when I went to work last week, and that helped a lot, but it was hard to keep the bandage in place. This will be faster and easier.

Not sure how I will spend the rest of my day. Yesterday I ended up knitting and listening to an audio book on my Ipod.

Take care of your knee, Cindy. I have several of the knee braces and they work great when it's being grouchy.

Good afternoon!

I got all my chores done in record time this morning.:clap Then I headed to the outlets and I picked a great skirt and top at Gap outlet (along with 2 outfits for Ryan), 3 pairs of sandals (yes, I know- crazy- but it was buy 1 get 2 free at the Bass Outlet and who can resist that?:lol) . I got some shorts, overalls and shirts at OshKosh outlet for Ryan- 3 pairs of shorts, overalls and 2 shirts for 19.00- can't beat it!:D

The weather is gorgeous- warm, but not humid like the past few days. Going to sit outside with a book for awhile!

Great haul on the clothes! :cheer

The first two boxes arrived today! :c9 I'm so excited. I can show all the exquisite yarn off to Candy as well as Rosie and John this evening. And the liquor set that was bought with John's back rub money. Can hardly wait to start using the Alpaca yarn. I've several lacy patterns to try out and don't remember which box they are packed in. :lol

Oh, Linda - it must feel like Christmas...even though you sent them to yourself:lol

I'm tired...had a busy day, running around, and it's warm out, thugh not as humid. I'm looking forward to putting my back side in a chair and watching the Yankees!

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Spent the evening with Rosie, John, and Candy. Showed them my goodies and Rosie threatened to steal all of the yarn to hang on the wall of their new Colorado home. John loved the liquor set and could really see why I liked it so much. Gave him a back rub and really made him jump as I worked on half a dozen knots in his back and shoulders. He felt much better when I was done. Even gave Rosie a quickie back rub. Candy and I packed up several small boxes of dishes and put them in the stack of things ready to go to Colorado. Rosie and Candy are driving out next week and John is flying out the following week. That gives Rosie a little time to add some furnishings to the place and get it at least partially organized before he gets there.

Have a good night all.

The painters are coming back tomorrow morning to see if they can power wash the paint off Rosie and my cars that drifted onto them when they spray painted the house. Mine is a royal mess. :angry It was supposedly moved far enough from the house to be out of the way, but obviously wasn't. :blush The top and one side of it are covered in small to large bits and gobs of grey/green house paint that drifted onto it on the breeze as they sprayed the house. :angry Sigh! I got a feeling that it will get some off, but far from all. Rosie and John have already tried scrubbing it off her car with only partial success.

Linda--that is awful about t he paint getting on the cars!!!! Hope the power washing takes care of it, but I'd be surorised if it did. Think that the painters should be held accountable. I must have missed something about Rosie and John going it Colorado. Is this a vacation home ?

Judy I,m not liking this game so far!!!

I decided to start a granny stripe afghan tonight with the style raft yarn I bought from Deramore's in the UK last year. I really like the yarn

Back to the game.

Have a good night!!

morning peeps!

Spent the evening with Rosie, John, and Candy. Showed them my goodies and Rosie threatened to steal all of the yarn to hang on the wall of their new Colorado home. John loved the liquor set and could really see why I liked it so much. Gave him a back rub and really made him jump as I worked on half a dozen knots in his back and shoulders. He felt much better when I was done. Even gave Rosie a quickie back rub. Candy and I packed up several small boxes of dishes and put them in the stack of things ready to go to Colorado. Rosie and Candy are driving out next week and John is flying out the following week. That gives Rosie a little time to add some furnishings to the place and get it at least partially organized before he gets there.

Colorado??:think

The painters are coming back tomorrow morning to see if they can power wash the paint off Rosie and my cars that drifted onto them when they spray painted the house. Mine is a royal mess. :angry It was supposedly moved far enough from the house to be out of the way, but obviously wasn't. :blush The top and one side of it are covered in small to large bits and gobs of grey/green house paint that drifted onto it on the breeze as they sprayed the house. :angry Sigh! I got a feeling that it will get some off, but far from all. Rosie and John have already tried scrubbing it off her car with only partial success.

Ahem....someone OWES you for that....:angry

Judy I,m not liking this game so far!!!

I gave them till the 7th inning before I was going to go to bed...and they did it!!:cheer:clap

I decided to start a granny stripe afghan tonight with the style raft yarn I bought from Deramore's in the UK last year. I really like the yarn

Love any and all yarn form the UK! That'll be nice:c9 I hope you get to relax today!

Havea good one, everybody:hug:manyheart

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Joanne ~ Great finds at the Outlet stores! I loved working with the Stylecraft...enjoy! :crocheting

Linda ~ Yay for your boxes arriving quickly and being able to share all the goodies with Rosie, John and Candy! So sorry about the paint on your car. :hug

Judy ~ I hope you had fun at the pool party! Are you still working on the scarf?

Luke went home yesterday about 5. DH is at a trade show all day and I'll be gone til mid afternoon. (or sooner if I can't take anymore :eek) Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning!

Judy- Yup, the Yankees did it! Glad I hung in there to watch!!!

Mary-Enjoy your day!

I babysat for Ryan this morning early while DD and SIL went to church. He gets cranky (even in the nursery there) since he still takes a morning nap around 10:30- We had fun and today he is 11 mos old!!! And finally, last week got his first tooth-with 2nd one on the way-

DD and Ryan are coming over later after SIL goes to work and we're headed down to the swings at the waterfront. She's going to eat dinner here- simple- making chicken breasts and cutting them up in a salad and also having tomato slices w/mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinagarette -- nice summertime meal.

Good morning housemates :hi Oops, afternoon :lol

Just wanted to make a quick stop since I'm at the office. Came in to print out the anniversary party invites. Want to get a move on it though so I have time to run to the mall and joanns :D

Linda, the painters should definitely be held accountable!!!

Good afternoon everyone. Went to church and had lunch afterwards. Then went to Big Lots to pick up some things for the apartment like dishclothes and towels (in red), hand towels, a can opener (purple), baggies, aluminum foil, etc. A little creamy white yarn jumped in the basket too. :D

Linda--that is awful about t he paint getting on the cars!!!! Hope the power washing takes care of it, but I'd be surorised if it did. Think that the painters should be held accountable. I must have missed something about Rosie and John going it Colorado. Is this a vacation home ?

One of their daughters lives there and they have bought a vacation home there so they can spend more time with those grandchildren. They will be spending the next 3 months out there. Then back here for the winter as it's so much nicer and milder here.

Got chewed out again for not leaving the downstairs immaculate before going to church. Everything was "filthy" and I'd only been home TWO days! Yeah, right. Anyway it's now to his standards. And it's just for another 17 days. Why does that suddenly sound like such a long time? :blush Anyway! Enough of that.

Hope you all have a great day. It's already 91* here.

Oh, the power spraying got the worst of the paint off my car and Rosie and John's cars too. And it's not JC's car so that's good enough.

Talk to you when I can. :hug:hug:hug

Hi Marisa!

Joanne ~ Oh, the teething has just started. :lol Have a great supper with DD and Ryan. :)

Linda ~ Maybe an auto detail shop could get more of the paint? :think Gee, it doesn't sound like J. has changed his attitude. :( Have they shown the house very often?

It's good to be home...100* out, so I will crochet. :D

Judy ~ I hope you had fun at the pool party! I stayed till it became tooo crazy for me. In my old age I enjoy quiet more than chaos.:D

Are you still working on the scarf?

Slowly:lol

Luke went home yesterday about 5. DH is at a trade show all day and I'll be gone til mid afternoon. (or sooner if I can't take anymore :eek) Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

I hope your day turned out well!

I babysat for Ryan this morning early while DD and SIL went to church. He gets cranky (even in the nursery there) since he still takes a morning nap around 10:30- We had fun and today he is 11 mos old!!! And finally, last week got his first tooth-with 2nd one on the way-

DD and Ryan are coming over later after SIL goes to work and we're headed down to the swings at the waterfront. She's going to eat dinner here- simple- making chicken breasts and cutting them up in a salad and also having tomato slices w/mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinagarette -- nice summertime meal.

What a nice day you had!:c9

We just got back from a coffee run - witht he furples in the back seat! They LOVE being in the car. We drove around...looked at the bay and the seagulls (from the car!) and they - esp Sparkie, since he blocks Lucy from view - got lots of attention at the stop lights....like "cute pup!" from a guy on a motorcycle...then he saw Lucy come over and asked if they were twins:lol

A nice day overall...:D

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Archived