Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning housemates :hi

Last night I went to a class at the gym. I was going to go to the one this morning, but I decided to sleep in instead :eek Tonight Steph and Bean are going to the Pirates game tonight and I think we're having hot dogs for dinner before they go since we have some in the fridge from last weekends cookout that we need to eat :D I'm going to do laundry, make croutons with the 'old' bread, and hook tonight while watching Master Chelf and Hell's Kitchen.

Linda - I'm so glad that you're having a great and relaxing trip, you definitely needed it and I think it came at a great time right before moving to give you a bit of a break before you start with all your own moving :yay

Cindy - I hope work is quiet for you again today. Great to hear that dh gave in to going away and of course you're able to change your mind :devil

Judy - Too funny about ds, I think I'm pretty aware of what he means by very good friends...I hate to say it's an epidemic in my generation :(:shrug Does Lucy like going to the groomers?

Marlene - :drool I love banana cake I hope ds's mom is doing well with the chemo. I hope dh's tests go well :hug Glad to hear that everyone had a great time together :D

Joanne - :yay for making it to craft club. I hope today goes easy on you at work and that you get to leave on time.

Mary - I hope your dentist appointment goes well :hug Then have fun babysitting, which I'm sure you will!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning housemates!

Thanks for the compliments on the Bama ghan!

Julie - praying for you.

Cindy - Sure you can change your mind. Hope work is easy on you.

Joanne - Hope work is good to you today.

Marlene - glad you had time with the gkids. Praying for your DH.

Judy - is this an outing Lucy enjoys? Will Sparkie get to ride out as well?

Marisa - enjoy your day!

Mary - yippee for getting some Luke time!

Well, Miss Lucy was okay with the bath...but gave them a hard time when clipping her nails...nothing new there:lol

Sparkie stayed home...but when I got back from dropping her off I took him for a nice, peaceful walk. Broght Lucy home at Noon, and dh took Sparkie for a ride by himself.

Lucy has long fur on her belly - and it's so fluffy and softer than ever before....

Not much else going on...no hook time. instead I finished a cozy mystery by Madelyn Alt.:D

Good morning housemates :hi

Wow, super slow in here last night and this morning :eek Last night I did my laundry, made the croutons, and worked on the baby ghan since I didn't feel like carting the graph ghan downstairs. I'm doing a join as you go to attach them which I've never done before and am not sure I'm doing it right :shrug It looks fine on the front and I'm getting a ridge in the back similar to crocheting already done squares together with sl st. Does that sound right? I watched a couple tutorials but they were all for granny squares that have chain spaces. Mine don't have any chain spaces on the outer border round :think

Steph was running out for a coffee this morning when I woke up so she picked me one up too....a nice treat :D I like the spot down the street because they brew flavored coffee as opposed to adding syrup for flavor because then it adds sweetness (even the sugar free) and considering I drink my coffee black...it's too much :lol She must be anticipating a rough day because she doesn't drink coffee too often :(

Tonight I have to pick up my cousin again from his meeting and take him home. He's the one who's father had to go to Texas for the month before being deported to Kuwait and his mom has to work tonight. That's about it for me this morning.

Judy - Glad to hear that Lucy did well at the groomers (nails aside) and that Sparkie got some lovin too with his solo ride :wink The pic of them is just adorable....put a smile on my face this morning :hug

Good morning. Never did make it here yesterday, work was really busy, (made the day go by fast) and since dsil was out of town on business, we took dd and the 4 grandsons out for dinner and then went to her house for dessert.

I have a bit of cleaning to do and a couple of loads of laundry as well. I've been working on my nifty Knitter shawl and am on the second skein of homespun. Its around 5 feet long now.

My efforts to cut back on my yarn stash are not going as well as I had hoped. DD went to Goodwill last week and got a big plastic bag full of yarn for $3. Most is unlabelled, and some one has gone to the trouble of rolling huge balls of yarn from what looks and feels like Bernat Super Saver yarn. After dd took out some yarn for craft projects for the boys, there are still 8 big balls of yarn in it as well as quite a few of older skeins of a yarn called Sayelle, that has not been wound into balls. Also a few odds and ends of RHSS, and a bunch of little balls. Altogether probably 4 or 5 pounds of yarn. I also found a crochet hook buried in one of the skeins. The yarn does not smell dirty or musty either.

Judy the pups look so cozy together.

Morning Marisa. I've only ever tried one join as you go method, (the name of the technique had the word net in it, but its been years, and that's all I remember about it), but it seems to me that if you like the finished project, it's right.

And I like flavored brewed coffee too. I don't mind the slight sweetness of the syrup flavored coffee, but I don't care for the taste, which seems to be slightly off to me.

Cindy, sounds like you made a haul on the yarn...I'm sure it'll be a hardship to figure out what to do with it :devil:lol Thanks for the ghan input :hug

OK, so after I posted here earlier and in the middle of posting in my next thread I got a call from a new patient who's coming in this afternoon (from my hair salon and he's the first from there, so I guess he gets to be the guinea pig :lol ) AND I just got another call from a lady who's coming in tomorrow morning :clap:yay:woo

Good Morning, Everyone. :waving

Judy ~ Awww, that is the sweetest picture - they're best friends, for sure. :manyheart

Marisa ~ I've never tried any of the "join as you go" methods, but so many people use them! I agree with Cindy - if you like it, that's all that matters!

Cindy ~ Yes, your stashbusting just took a big turn in the wrong direction. :lol But what a great find! :hook Looking forward to seeing your shawl!

Julie ~ Thinking about you and hope your appointment goes well. :hug (I hope I have the right day?) Please let us know when they schedule your surgery. :yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :)

I didn't get home until after 5 yesterday and am playing catch-up this a.m. so I can play later. :D I started another Surreybelle scarf in off-white yesterday while Luke was napping. :yarn I have several to put in the mail - hopefully tomorrow.

Have a great day! :ghug

Cindy, sounds like you made a haul on the yarn...I'm sure it'll be a hardship to figure out what to do with it :devil:lol Thanks for the ghan input :hug

OK, so after I posted here earlier and in the middle of posting in my next thread I got a call from a new patient who's coming in this afternoon (from my hair salon and he's the first from there, so I guess he gets to be the guinea pig :lol ) AND I just got another call from a lady who's coming in tomorrow morning :clap:yay:woo

Yay! That's wonderful, Marisa! :dance

Hi ladies! :) Just reading some of your updates!

Marissa- it depends what the flavor is when it comes to flavored coffee. I have a bottle of coconut syrup that i drizzle in my coffee once in a while for fun. I also sometimes use coconut creme instaid of creamer because there are so many health benifits to coconut.

LOL cyndi!!! I have been tempted to grab those misc bags at the thrift store but never took the risk... the colors tend to be 70's orange and green when I see them! Ha ha!!

Hi to everyone else too! :)

I have been making the victorian lace afghan which is a granny square (didn't realize until I printed up the pattern because the pic is not that clear).. going bonkers making squares. I made like 13 and I need to make 108 BLA BLA!!! (that's me going completely crazy) I am using a seafoam color. I have an oceany color themed bedroom so it will be my first blanket to actually keep for myself rather than give away. (unless the star I made for my 2 yr old counts)

I am going on a trip to northern wi with my husbands family this weekend and next week. It should be fun. My sister in law is going to finally teach me how to knit, and i will teach her to crochet. She is a waldorf (spelling??) school teacher so she should be able to teach me just fine! LOL I hope to get some good hooking done because I should have a full week of relaxation other than the 3 dinners I am supposed to make! :) (rattatoullie, tacos, and steak sandwiches)

My house is a construction zone, we finishing a room that was on our house and never "finished" .. it was studs and wood composite floor. (we purchased the house with that one room unfinished knowing we would do it within 2 yrs) I am sooooo happy because it should be done fairly soon and I will then get a room just for me and my craft stuff (my husband will move his office to that new room and I will get his office)

'Lots going on.... had to pop in and say HI to all my crochet friends!!! :D

Good morning friends. Wow was yesterday ever busy. We started by going to an Alpaca farm. I got some great pictures of them. I ended up with 12 ounces of their fur to prep and spin in two shades of reddish brown. Now I just have to figure out how to prep it. Doesn't sound all that hard to do, which is why I got it. Much cheaper than buying it at the ready to spin stage and much, much cheaper than buying it already spun into yarn.

Then we had lunch, took the car in for an oil change, and went to a quilt fabric store. Of course I bought material to add to my stash. :D Then on to a used book store. Home for a quick bite to eat and over to one of DD's friends' house where we talked quilting and other stuff over tea for 3 1/2 hours. We never did get to the destashing of her fabric. Next time. :lol

for those not on FB's German shepherd group:)

Oh, what a wonderful picture of you babies.

Good morning. Never did make it here yesterday, work was really busy, (made the day go by fast) and since dsil was out of town on business, we took dd and the 4 grandsons out for dinner and then went to her house for dessert.

I have a bit of cleaning to do and a couple of loads of laundry as well. I've been working on my nifty Knitter shawl and am on the second skein of homespun. Its around 5 feet long now.

My efforts to cut back on my yarn stash are not going as well as I had hoped. DD went to Goodwill last week and got a big plastic bag full of yarn for $3. Most is unlabelled, and some one has gone to the trouble of rolling huge balls of yarn from what looks and feels like Bernat Super Saver yarn. After dd took out some yarn for craft projects for the boys, there are still 8 big balls of yarn in it as well as quite a few of older skeins of a yarn called Sayelle, that has not been wound into balls. Also a few odds and ends of RHSS, and a bunch of little balls. Altogether probably 4 or 5 pounds of yarn. I also found a crochet hook buried in one of the skeins. The yarn does not smell dirty or musty either.

Judy the pups look so cozy together.

You may not have cut down on your stash, but it sounds like a great haul on yarn. I love the way the Sayelle yarn works up. I used to work with it a lot.

:cheerHooray for new patients. :cheer

Starting to plan for the return home trip tomorrow. Will be shipping a bunch of things home by USPS. No room for everything in the suitcase and wouldn't trust the airline with some of it anyway.

Catch you later.:manyheart

Hi all

Marisa

Congrats on 2 more patients ! You're doing great . As for the join as you go, I think there are several ways of doing it. As long as you like it, then it is fine .

Cindy

Sounds like you got a nice pile of yarn for a good buy ! You'll find something to make with it I bet .

Jude

The pic of the pups is cute . Does the heat bother them like it does people ? It's in the 90's here today . BAD hot .

Joanne

Quick shout out to say hi ... I know you are keeping really busy .

Marlene

Checking in to say hi to you too. Sounds like you have several busy days coming up .

Rebby

Good to see you . It sounds as if the new space will be put to good use ! nice to have your own spot to keep your craft stuff . Your afghan sounds pretty. Lots of squares to do, but a good summer project so you dont have a heavy afghan on your lap.

Mary

How's that sweet little Luke,and how is your girl feeling ?

Val

The Bama ghan is so pretty. Your work is excellent !

Linda

Sounds like you have had a really enjoyable vacation. Maybe in your new circumstances, you will be able to visit them more often . You have lots of excitement to look forward to,with the move so close now .

Thank you to all who have been thinking of me . I had the neurologist yesterday. He has ordered another new pill to try,but the pharmacy had to order it,so it's not in yet . He wants to see if it helps any more,and see me again in 3 months. The next step will be Botox injections. He said if I dont WANT to try them I dont have to,but he said he has pretty good success with them. He said they help about 75 % of his pts ... I should ask him to botox some other face stuff while he's at it ,but I think I'll skip as many as I can. I'm not afraid of needles, thank goodness. He said they are very tiny,and dont hurt much at all. If it helps, you only have to get it done once every 3 or 6 months, depending on how well it works and long it lasts for you . So I have 3 months to think about it .

This morning I went to the thyroid surgeon. She said it's my decision of what to do,but she thinks the biopsies would be putting me through lots of needless discomfort,since my thyroid is literally covered with these things. She'd have to put several needles in all over to get samples of each one ,and even with that, she said there could still be cancer in one of the larger ones that a biopsy would miss,since it might only be on one part of my goiter,and she might miss that part with the needle .

She said the wisest thing to do is to remove the thyroid completely,then they can biopsy it properly. She also said to be prepared for a possible cancer result,since some of these are really big ,BUT, she said if you have to have cancer,it is the best possible type to have because prognosis is excellent and it rarely ever spreads from there,it stays in that spot .

So ,she said I can think about it and come back, or if I ONLY want the biopsies, she will do them. I think it'd be stupid to bother,and also stupid to let it go and ignore it .

I dont know about you guys,but if some doc mentions cancer and numerous nodules and cysts, I want it done NOW .

So, I am scheduled for the surgery next Wed AM at 7:30 .Will be in the hospital overnight and home the next day unless anything unusual occurs .

I'll be glad to have it out and find out if it was anything bad or not .

That's the latest news report from here . Will keep you all updated .

Try to stay cool if possible, it's a humdinger here today .

Julie- you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda - Sounds FUN! I have been thinking of going on the Crochet Crowd yarn retreat this coming fall. I am pretty sure they are going to alpaca farm, I have never seen the process and it sounds soo fun!

Julie, you are in my payers as well. I think having it out was absolutely the best decision.

Rebby, how exciting to be getting a "room of your own"! Have fun on your family trip.

Marisa, congrats on two new patients.

Linda, you've had such a wonderful vacation. And just think, only a couple of weeks and you will be in your own home.

I've frittered away the day browsing the Bqrnes and Noble store and buying books for my Nook. However, when i decided to read, I did so on dh's Kindle Fire. I pick up a lot of free Amazon books, (they have lots more than Barnes and Noble) so I have more to choose from on the Kindle. Besides DH never uses it. He almost always reads on his phone.

I guess this means laundry will have to be my project for this evening. I want to get it done, because I am still undecided about going somewhere later this week.

Cindy - great yarn haul!!!!:D

Linda, wise idea to send the stuff on instead of bring it on the plane!:)

Jules, having the thryroid out would be what I would do, too.:hug

Awesome!

*...and yes, Lucy is VERY attached to Sparkie. So much so, that I pray Sparkie is around for a very long time (he's 6 1/2 and she's 15 months)..I walked in from another room and saw them like that and ran for my camera!

Rebby - an entire room for your crafts! WOW! Good luck with the knitting. I'm a beginner...and just frogged the scarf I had recently started in chunky yarn with a pair of 13 needles...the new rows look so much better than my initial attempt:lol

Have a great night my friends!:hug:manyheart

Hello Ladies.

Sorry I have been MIA, but I forget that its been sooo long. I get side tracked easily. :blush

Julie~I read about your thyroid surgery. I sure am glad you decided to have it out. If you need anything please give me a shout. I know I don't check in here often, but you always have a place in my heart. Love you & good luck! :manyheart:hug:manyheart

Morning folks

Cindy

I hope you have a good time being off work, whether you decide to stay home or go someplace. I agree about the hot weather, it takes the sap out of you and you dont have as much steam to do things .

I know about the shopping for books for the Nook and Kindle. I agree , the Kindle definitely has lots more to choose from in the free or low cost section,and even the ones that both places have, the Nook ones are usually higher priced than the Kindle ones . I actually like using the Nook more, it seems more comfortable to hold ,maybe because of the size ,or the wide rubber grip along the edges . They are both neat,though .

Thanks guys for all your good wishes for me . It's kind of you all .

Tab

Love the photo of the family. The boys are getting so big ! How's the new little Peanut doing ? Is he old enough yet to crawl ? Sorry, I totally lost track of how many months he is,but he is probably growing really fast !

Thanks for the offer of help. Can't think of much I need done unless you wanna come hang out here and JAW with me for a bit.

Sam might actually get some Quiet Time. The doc said I'd have a horrible sore throat afterwards. I told her Sam will probably go into shock if I have such a sore throat I dont want to talk much. So I could use some TALKERS to come in to keep him used to the sound .Maybe he could just keep the tv and radio both on at once to give him SOME level of noise to make his EARS feel at home !

Will check in later today sometime .

Good morning everyone!

Julie- I'm glad that you opted to have the thyroid out- I would do the same thing. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers--and positive thoughts for a nice quick recovery!

Linda- Safe travels home- and just think- before you know it you'll be in your own place. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation~~~

I have been super busy at work and when I come home, I usually scan the ville but don't have much energy to post- but I've been keeping up with the comings and goings!

It's going to be super hot again today- I don't like this heat and humidity- but thank goodness for AC! Here's to hoping that there are now brownout/blackouts/ or we're cooked! LOL

I finished the ripple last night and it'll be going to my DD and SIL and Ryan (mainly for Ryan) for their family room. I'll try and get a pic this weekend. Started my 4th Queen Anne's lace scarf- I'm loving the pattern and am trying to get a good head start on Christmas gifts.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Joanne

Sounds like life is still hopping for you. I hope things settle down at work sooner rather than later . Sure takes a big chunk out of life when you have work for so many hours .

You're doing well to keep up with it all and still have crochet time !

What colors did you do the ripple in ? You probably posted previously,but I didnt see the post or missed it. I dont keep up in here as well as I should sometimes . Gotta try to remedy that .

The Queen Anne scarf sounds pretty. I'll also have to google that to see what the pattern looks like. You are on the ball to have Christmas gifts going already !

Hi House. :) Gracie got me up before 5. She is still guarding a possum that's on the back fence...way out of her reach, thank goodness. :lol

Julie ~ I know a week sounds like a long time right now! Like you, I want to get things out of the way ASAP. :yes I can't imagine what Sam will do if you don't feel like talking for a while.:wink Maybe Cam could bring all his friends to keep him company. :lol

Hi Rebby! Your trip sounds really nice. Let us know how your knitting progresses! I know you'll love your new craft room! :clap

Linda ~ Safe travels today. :manyheart Will Kim and John be back from their trip?

Joanne ~ Yay for finishing the ripple. :hook

Hi Tabby! :)

Time to get the day started. Luke will be here tomorrow and Saturday, so I need to be organized. :D

Archived