Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi folks

Late start getting in here to post today .

The sleep study went ok I guess. A little challenging sleeping when they have you wired up like Robocop . I am waiting to hear from the doc about the results . The boy who did the test was very nice . I woke about 3 AM with another pounding headache,stiff neck and my breathing was hideous.

I used my nebulizer and took a pill for my head. The boy came in and sat with me and talked to me for awhile .

All he would tell me is that the doc would be getting back to me ,and asked if I knew anyone who used a CPAP machine at night . He thinks there is a possibility the doc might order one,and if he does, I have to come back in and do this all over again,while they try out the machine with the different masks to find one that fits well and to see if it helps .

I know I want to feel better,but am not exactly overjoyed to think about going back to get this same thing done again .

Guess I'll wait til I hear from the doc .

HiYa Kiyo

Long time,no see. Sounds like you have been one busy little bee out there . Sounds like things are going well for you. I'm really glad !

Cindy

Hope the weather cooperates for the zoo trip. It's pretty here today. A bit cool,but not bad,maybe around 60 ?

Val

You chose the fun choice. Crocheting would beat cleaning the closet anyday .

Linda

It does sound as if you will have enough part-time offers of work to make up for as many days as you want. I agree with your thinking,to have your weekends off at least . :)

Marisa

Great news on another new patient ! You are building your practice up a little more each week,so keep on trying. You are doing great .

Mary

Sounds like you will be busy with workmen at your house today getting everything ship-shape !

Jude & Joanne --

Hope all is well with you both .

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry . A little scatterbrained today .

Went to both of the apartment complexes to tell them I could move in as early as the 1st of June and the one I like the best may have one opening up then. The gal in the apartment has said that she's moving the end of May, but hasn't given her written notice yet. If she does move, then the apartment would be available about the 8th of June to move in. I've got my fingers crossed.

My partner used a CPAP at night, Julie, and it made a world of difference in how she felt and how much energy she had during the day. A huge improvement in her quality of life. It took a while to get used to wearing the mask at night, but was well worth the effort.

Good luck with all the workmen at your place today, Mary.

Time to work downstairs some more. :blush

Linda

That is woderful news that the apartment you like might just be open exactly about the time you will need it !

Everything seems to be falling right in place for you .

Thanks for telling me about the CPAP machine. I don't know anyone who uses one,although Sam knows 2 co-workers that use them .

In one way , I hope this might be the reason for why I feel as bad as I do ,but in another, it is worrying to think about the cost of TWO of these tests ,plus getting the machine . I feel so bad that I don't help pay any of the bills, and Sam works his buns off every day. He keeps on saying the money doesnt matter,but it still makes me feel bad .

How about now Val? :devil:lol

Linda - Great news about the apartment...will send some prayers that you're able to get into the one you like best :xfin

Julie - Thanks for the encouragement :hug A very good friend of mine has to sleep with the machine too and he said the same thing Linda did...that it takes a bit of getting used to, but well worth it. Sleep is very important for our bodies and when you're not getting enough, you're not re-energizing at all :( Plus you heal when you sleep too. So the lack of sleep can cause some other problems that you would never really think to be related :think Hang in there :hug

Marisa - NO purging...yep :crocheting won out!:devil:D

Linda - I am sooo glad that everything is working out. Praying that you get the apartment that you desire.

Julie - Sam loves you and you shouldn't feel guilty. Worrying is not good for you. You're blessed that you have Sam who loves you more than the money. Everything is going to be alright. Lifting you up in prayer!

Linda

That is woderful news that the apartment you like might just be open exactly about the time you will need it !

Everything seems to be falling right in place for you .

Thanks for telling me about the CPAP machine. I don't know anyone who uses one,although Sam knows 2 co-workers that use them .

In one way , I hope this might be the reason for why I feel as bad as I do ,but in another, it is worrying to think about the cost of TWO of these tests ,plus getting the machine . I feel so bad that I don't help pay any of the bills, and Sam works his buns off every day. He keeps on saying the money doesnt matter,but it still makes me feel bad .

Julie, insurance should cover most if not all of the cost of the machine and it's a one time expense since they last and last and last. You occasionally replace the mask and tubing but they really aren't that expensive.

Hi, ladies -

would you believe that it got so cold in the house that DH asked me to put the heat back on! Better than the hot weather we had, though...

Jules...I read everyone's comments on the CPAC machine and sleeping well ...and you've gotten lots of great advice and encouragement! Sam is like my hubby - whatever we want or need is ours. :c9:c9

Marisa, I love granny squares for a baby ghan. Years back I made one like that for the young vet who was taking such wonderful care of our Susie. She was pregnant with her first child and then used it for her second one later on.

Linda, that's wonderful news about the apartment!

A quick update: my cousin Elizabeth is comfortable and being well cared for...I think she's surprising her doctors...though the prognosis is still what it was...

Hugs to everyone...Tonight I'll be watching the Yankees while DH flips back and forth between the hockey playoffs between Phil/Pittsburgh and NY Rangers/Senators.

Good evening all. The trip to the zoo went well. It seems the animals are more active when it is cooler. I also managed to get groceries and I treated the boys to McDonalds for lunch. It never reallyw armed up today, and now it is threatening rain. (We could use it.)

I am about to work on laundry. I hope to get a lot done tomorrow, so I thought I'd start the laundry tonight.

Linda, hope the apartment works out for you.

Julie, my Dad used a Cpap machine for at least the last ten yeas of his life. I also have a friend and two brothers in law who use them. All agree that it really improved their quality of life.

Hi Ladies,

Did you all here Dick Clark died. I remember watching many NewYears Eve's with him.

Val, My DD lives in Michigan. If I would take the highway it would be a 2 hour drive. But I like to take the scenic route and it's at least 2 1/2 hours. But the scene is just beautiful year round. I go by several lakes, and through a few little towns.

Linda, Hope your feeling body is feeling better. Everything is coming all together for you. And soon you will be able to pick when or which jobs you want to take. God has a plan for all of us and your new chapter is coming together for you. I hope you get the apt you want. Glad your family is okay after all those bad storms. :clap for you going to go see them. June will be here before you know it. :clap for another lesson with the girls. Glad everything went well for Kim.

Julie, Good news on Pyper and Steph's Dad! My brother and a friend both use the sleep machine and say the same as everyone here has.

Faile, Your getting closer and closer.

Cindy, Glad you had a good day at the zoo with the GKS and DD. I have laundry going to.

Mary, Did the microwave fit? How did the tree guys do?

Judy, Enjoy the hockey and baseball gave tonight.

Marisa, :clap for another patient! Your new yarn sounds pretty for a babyghan. Nice of you to make a ghan to show your appreciation.

Kiyo, Nice to see you again! Enjoy those ball games and those violin practices (when she starts them).

Joanne, Hope your home from work and enjoying the ball game.

Ladies I will tell my nephew thank you for his service the next time I see him.

Hubby was still in a lot of pain yesterday when he woke up so I told him I wasn't canceling the doctor appt. She gave him a muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory meds. She also gave him the refferal to the chiropractor. We went to the chiropractor this afternoon. He's holding together and the meds are really helping. We ended up staying over night with my sister again. So glad she likes are company and don't mind. The chiropractor told him no golf for awhile and I said no motorcycle to. He was told go home and be a supervisor.

I'm going to go try and catch up. Have a nice night everyone!

Good morning housemates!!

I just read through all the posts!! And now here it is 6AM!!! So, suffice it say- I'm out of time to respond individually!!!

Will try to get back on later after work/before the Devils hockey game.

Have a good day everyone!

Morning folks

The birds are tweeting and the sun is shining . Supposed to have a couple good weather days then a little colder and rainy on the weekend . Too bad it wont be nice then too ,but we'll take whatever nice weather we can get .

Cam just called asking to come up tomorrow after school,so we'll plan some type of entertainment for him . Gotta make a store run today to get all his favorite stuff in for the weekend .

Well,another headache -preventative med is down the drain . They keep trying ,but every one they give me makes me sicker . I tried a new one last night . I have a worse headache than ever, BAD nausea,my breathing is a nightmare and I'm so dizzy I have to hold onto stuff to walk,so I believe THAT one is a bust .

I dont tolerate these things well,so I should just tell them I dont wanna try any more. ALL of them have made me sicker than I was before . Ridiculous .

Sorry to ramble on and on about this guys, but there's no one else to talk to here,so you guys are the (un)lucky ones .

On to something else to keep my mind on other stuff :

Have any of you made the pattern for the bag that the other CAL thread is for ? The one that someone in the ville designed ? I forget what it's calle,d sorry ,it makes my head hurt to THINK .

I was wondering if it could be done in cotton and how big it turns out .

Thanks for any feedback .

Hope you all have a good day today . Will stop in later .

'morning, peeps!

Cindy, try and give yourself some "me" time today:hug

Joanne, have a good day!

Marlene, Guys play supervisor really well - I'm sure DH will get a kick out of it:lol

Chiros are good - I finally went to DS yesterday (a chiro) and he told me why I have pain when moving my left arm a certain way - he does know his stuff! He gave me a good treatment and sound advice on how to let it heal....(it's a traction injury over the scapula - one hard jerk too many from Lucy when on leash that I wasn't ready for:P)

I hope DH heals quickly:hug

Morning folks

The birds are tweeting and the sun is shining . Supposed to have a couple good weather days then a little colder and rainy on the weekend . Too bad it wont be nice then too ,but we'll take whatever nice weather we can get . We had a little rain overnight and still had a robin visit the birdbath outside my kitchen window this AM...so nice:c9:c9

Cam just called asking to come up tomorrow after school,so we'll plan some type of entertainment for him . Gotta make a store run today to get all his favorite stuff in for the weekend . Nice!

Well,another headache -preventative med is down the drain . They keep trying ,but every one they give me makes me sicker . I tried a new one last night . I have a worse headache than ever, BAD nausea,my breathing is a nightmare and I'm so dizzy I have to hold onto stuff to walk,so I believe THAT one is a bust . I've taken meds where I felt like that - until I took a small meal (or PB on bread) to absorb it....

I dont tolerate these things well,so I should just tell them I dont wanna try any more. ALL of them have made me sicker than I was before . Ridiculous .

Sorry to ramble on and on about this guys, but there's no one else to talk to here,so you guys are the (un)lucky ones .

We're all here for each other...which is why it's called Our House;)

Have any of you made the pattern for the bag that the other CAL thread is for ? The one that someone in the ville designed ? I forget what it's calle,d sorry ,it makes my head hurt to THINK .

I actually prefer cotton for tote bags...are you thinking of the "H" bag??

Marisa....my haircut started out nice...and now I have decided to embrace my curls.

Humidity+naturaly wavy hair=curls

it is what it is:lol

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Jude

Sure hope you start feeling better. It probably is hard to keep hold of a pup that big when walking her. Since I'm not a pet owner, I dont know much about walking them . I've seen smaller people trying to walk the bigger dogs, and the dogs kinda walk the people ! :D At least that's how it looks .

There's a lady that has been walking her pup on our street lately. I need to go out sometime and talk to her. I dont know where she lives,but it must be close since she walks our street a lot. She has one of them big old hound -dogs that has the really long droopy ears ? They are bigg and short to the ground, and look so SAD .. I think they are so cute .

I'm not sure what the H bag is -- I think maybe the Turtle lady invented the pattern ? Does that sound right ?

I know Joanne has made some of the bags, and you probably have,maybe Marisa ? I know lots of people in here have done them.

Well,another headache -preventative med is down the drain . They keep trying ,but every one they give me makes me sicker . I tried a new one last night . I have a worse headache than ever, BAD nausea,my breathing is a nightmare and I'm so dizzy I have to hold onto stuff to walk,so I believe THAT one is a bust .

Sorry you feel so lousy, don't worry about talking to us about this, that's what friends are for.

I made the stashbuster tote in acrylic WW after winning the pattern from Turtluvr, on the ROAK thread. It turned out to be a medium sized tote, maybe 15 inches tall by 15 inches wide. I can't find it at the moment, so that size is a guess. That tote should work fine in cotton. I don't know how the stretchiness of cotton compares to that of acrylic, but since it had a fairly short handle. it may not stretch down to the ground like some of the cotton totes I have made.

Here's a link to the pattern for the stashbuster tote which is a paid pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stash-buster-tote

The designer also has many other tote patterns, some free:

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sue-usiatynski

For instance: Spikes all around

and Round Cluster Bag

(Edited to say, I don't know why this is all red, but I can't get it to turn to black, sorry about that.)

Jude

Sure hope you start feeling better. It probably is hard to keep hold of a pup that big when walking her. Since I'm not a pet owner, I dont know much about walking them . I've seen smaller people trying to walk the bigger dogs, and the dogs kinda walk the people ! :D At least that's how it looks .

There's a lady that has been walking her pup on our street lately. I need to go out sometime and talk to her. I dont know where she lives,but it must be close since she walks our street a lot. She has one of them big old hound -dogs that has the really long droopy ears ? They are bigg and short to the ground, and look so SAD .. I think they are so cute .

I'm not sure what the H bag is -- I think maybe the Turtle lady invented the pattern ? Does that sound right ?

I know Joanne has made some of the bags, and you probably have,maybe Marisa ? I know lots of people in here have done them.

H bag is the Hakelbeutel bag, I made one of those and had a heck of a time figuring out how to sew the squares together. (Not the fault of the pattern, my brain just couldn't work it out and I had to get DD to help me. I did manage to finish it, and would make another one.) Very nice bag though, and would be nice in cotton.

I also made a stash buster tote by Turtlluvr, and posted about it above.

Judy, sounds like you need to take care of yourself. Our dog is small, but I =can feel when she is in a naughty mood and pulls on her leash, so I think it must be a lot worse with a larger dog.

Since you like Holmes, here is a Sherlock Holmes pastiche that is free for Kindle today. As I understand it, the story takes place in the US, and the Sherlock Holmes is the great detectives grandson, or great grandson or something like that. (I've always wondered how these authors got the idea that Holmes had children, let alone grand children, since in all the books I've read, he did not seem particularly interested in women, (except maybe Irene Adler))

anyhow here is the link, (Unfortunately its a Kindle book, and I think you have a Nook?)

The Bornholme Diamond

Morning Cindy

Yea, thats the pattern I meant .The stashbuster. It must be very popular, that thread for the CAL has been going a really long time !

Maybe I'llsend her a note about it .

The H bag is so pretty,but it does look like it'd take some brain power to assemble,and I'm a little short on that at this point . I'd better stick to the easiest possible pattern .

Thanks for the links and also the one on ravelry for all the other Turtle's totes. She has some really nice ones on there . Maybe I'll give on a try with some cotton and see how it goes .

Hope you have a nice relaxing ,quiet day today Cindy !

*Which animal at the zoo did your grandsons like the best ?

Cindy

I just saw your post about the free Holmes book. I thought Jude might have gotten a Kindle,too,although I might be wrong. I know she has a couple of readers .

I went ahead and put the free book on mine to try sometime .

You DID bring up a very good point, I dont remember Sherlock ever to have been smitten with a lady . He seems to be more interested in solving cases that finding a girlfriend . :)

Julie, the boys liked all the animals, but I think the male lion probably interested them the most, since he is rarely seen. The lions have a large enclosure and parts of it are not visible by visitors. I've been to the zoo dozens of times and yesterday was only the second time I've seen him. The bears were also very active, playing in their pool, and moving around. My grandsons visit the zoo a lot, since it's 5 minutes from their house and we buy them a family zoo pass every year. Without a pass the zoo is quite an expensive form of entertainment for a young family, admission for dd and her boys would come to $28.00. If her dh went too, that would add another $8.50. A pass for a family plus two guests is $90. That means each time they go, they can bring two extra people, either kids or adults. So a zoo pass is literally paid for with just a few visits.

Julie, I joined that totebag CAl when it first started, although I haven't visited in a long time. The ladies there made all sorts of totes, not just the Stashbuster. The thread is quite inspiring, and has lots of other ideas for making totes.

Edited to add: I edited my previous post with links to a couple of her free patterns.

Cindy

I just saw your post about the free Holmes book. I thought Jude might have gotten a Kindle,too,although I might be wrong. I know she has a couple of readers .

I went ahead and put the free book on mine to try sometime .

You DID bring up a very good point, I dont remember Sherlock ever to have been smitten with a lady . He seems to be more interested in solving cases that finding a girlfriend . :)

This free book also caught my attention. Might be just the thing to distract yourself. As soon as I saw Erma Bombeck mentioned in the editorial reviews, I "bought" it. I always liked Erma Bombecks' observations on life.

Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road: Humorous Views on Love, Lust and Lawncare

Cindy

Thanks for the added info on the bags and links. I'll look them all over and choose one . I read all of Erma's books too . I like funny things like that ,also Lewis Grizzard , he was also a funny one .

Will check out the added links on books and totes.

Thank you !

Good morning everyone. It's still overcast and gloomy here, but not raining at the moment. We got around 2 inches yesterday is the weatherman was accurate for here as well as Atlanta. It's definitely a lot cooler.

Hi, ladies -

would you believe that it got so cold in the house that DH asked me to put the heat back on! Better than the hot weather we had, though...

It really is too soon to have it as hot as it's been.

A quick update: my cousin Elizabeth is comfortable and being well cared for...I think she's surprising her doctors...though the prognosis is still what it was...

Glad to hear that she is doing as well as can be expected if not better.

Hugs to everyone...Tonight I'll be watching the Yankees while DH flips back and forth between the hockey playoffs between Phil/Pittsburgh and NY Rangers/Senators.

Hope you enjoy tonight's games.

Val, My DD lives in Michigan. If I would take the highway it would be a 2 hour drive. But I like to take the scenic route and it's at least 2 1/2 hours. But the scene is just beautiful year round. I go by several lakes, and through a few little towns.

Linda, Hope your feeling body is feeling better. Everything is coming all together for you. And soon you will be able to pick when or which jobs you want to take. God has a plan for all of us and your new chapter is coming together for you. I hope you get the apt you want. Glad your family is okay after all those bad storms. :clap for you going to go see them. June will be here before you know it. :clap for another lesson with the girls. Glad everything went well for Kim.

Thanks Marlene. I'm looking to seeing everyone in June. It's been two years since I've been back up North and a lot has happened in that time.

Julie, Good news on Pyper and Steph's Dad! My brother and a friend both use the sleep machine and say the same as everyone here has.

Hubby was still in a lot of pain yesterday when he woke up so I told him I wasn't canceling the doctor appt. She gave him a muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory meds. She also gave him the refferal to the chiropractor. We went to the chiropractor this afternoon. He's holding together and the meds are really helping. We ended up staying over night with my sister again. So glad she likes are company and don't mind. The chiropractor told him no golf for awhile and I said no motorcycle to. He was told go home and be a supervisor.

Sounds like good advice to hubby. Hope he feels better soon, but not so soon that he overdoes it.

Morning folks

The birds are tweeting and the sun is shining . Supposed to have a couple good weather days then a little colder and rainy on the weekend . Too bad it wont be nice then too ,but we'll take whatever nice weather we can get .

Cam just called asking to come up tomorrow after school,so we'll plan some type of entertainment for him . Gotta make a store run today to get all his favorite stuff in for the weekend .

Enjoy your time with Cam.

RATS!!!!

Hey! None of that now. We all need someone to let off steam to when things aren't going right. You rant as much as you need to. We're here for you. You've certainly been there for us plenty of times.

Haven't made any of the bags so I'm no help to you on this question, but I'd expect the cotton to work well, just not be as stretchy.

Marisa....my haircut started out nice...and now I have decided to embrace my curls.

Humidity+naturaly wavy hair=curls

it is what it is:lol

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Yup! Curls it is. :D

I made the stashbuster tote in acrylic WW after winning the pattern from Turtluvr, on the ROAK thread. It turned out to be a medium sized tote, maybe 15 inches tall by 15 inches wide. I can't find it at the moment, so that size is a guess. That tote should work fine in cotton. I don't know how the stretchiness of cotton compares to that of acrylic, but since it had a fairly short handle. it may not stretch down to the ground like some of the cotton totes I have made.

Here's a link to the pattern for the stashbuster tote which is a paid pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stash-buster-tote

The designer also has many other tote patterns, some free:

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sue-usiatynski

For instance: Spikes all around

and Round Cluster Bag

(Edited to say, I don't know why this is all red, but I can't get it to turn to black, sorry about that.)

:lol :lol :lol If that's your biggest problem of the day, you've got it made in the shade.

Have a great day all. :manyheart

Archived