Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi and welcome to "our House" Kelly!!! Glad to have you! My late grandfather on my late Dad's side was from Wales and then immigrated to the USA so I have a smidge of Welsh in my genes!!

Cindy- hope you are enjoying a nice relaxing day! It's warm here today (a little too warm for April, IMO), but can't complain. It sure beats all those storms the folks in the midwest are going through. There is a lovely breeze coming through the sliding glass door right next to my "reading and crochet" chair w/ottomon.

Mary--Hope you don't lose power and that the storms move through quickly!

Val- I opted to not do any more cleaning or work when I got back from the grocery shopping trip excursion. GS was so good the whole time! It was actually kind of fun doing the shopping with someone other than my DH!!!:lol

I worked a bit on the shawl I'm making for me and then put it aside and started a blanket for my DD's friend's baby to be. I've always wanted to try a regular ripple so that's what I'm doing!

I'm going over to DD's after we eat dinner. She said Ryan wants to watch the hockey game with Grammie! (but I know really, my DD wants to have some company since her DH is at work):)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly, :welcome to our "House." I hope your hand heals soon so that you can get back to crocheting.

Joanne - You deserve a break. You work such long hours. Have fun at your DD and with Ryan. It has been overcast here all day. I did manage to get 2 corners cleaned up. I'm still getting rid of stuff I don't need.

Mary - I hope you're getting some crocheting time in.

Cindy - It's good for you to have some relaxing time. Are you crocheting?

Hope all is well with the rest of the "Housemates."

Back to sorting and cleaning.

No, this is a carving that I bought in the past and haven't had a place to display here. I have lots of oriental statues, dragons, and pictures that I'm looking forward to having out at my new place. Also the lighthouses that my deceased partner collected, which are gorgeous.

Oh, your new home is going to be wonderful! You;re going to be so thrilled to have all your special things OUT so you can enjoy them:c9

Good morning everyone. I'm tired and achy today. Some of it's lack of sleep from being up lots later than usual caring for Kim in the night, some of it's all the work I've been doing downstairs, and some of it is the weather. It's cloudy and overcast today. Consequently, I probably won't do as much today, which is okay too I guess.

Hope everyone has a good day. :manyheart

You're right - all of those things contribute to making you feel achy:hug:hug

Hello everyone! I'm new but would like to join in if you'll have me?

I'm Kelly. I'm 24 from Wales in the UK.

I haven't been crocheting long but right now I'm working on a blue granny square blanket for my boyfriend (it was supposed to be for his birthday which is next week. It's no where near finished though!), another giant granny square blanket for my car and I've just taught myself how to make flowers! I made one to hang from my rear view mirror in my car and posted a picture of it on Facebook. My penpal commented saying she loved it so going to make some more, try some different styles and send her a few too.

I think crocheting is going to have to wait for a little while though. I'm clumsy and have managed to burn my right index finger twice in just over a week. First time I burnt it stripping wallpaper. We were using a steamer and the old paint on the wallpaper got hot and sticky, stuck to my finger and I pulled some skin off, eek! It hasn't healed very well and got a bit infected. Then just as it started to get better I burnt the same finger on a saucepan. So crocheting has been abandoned, holding a hook was making it sore. Hoping to get some more done this week though!

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope I can come and join you :-)

Welcome, Kelly! We're so happy to have you here. Over time you'll see what a diverse group we are - but we all come together over crocheting and other crafts, too. I hope you're finger heals quickly....that's something many of us have done at one time or another, too:lol

I worked a bit on the shawl I'm making for me and then put it aside and started a blanket for my DD's friend's baby to be. I've always wanted to try a regular ripple so that's what I'm doing!A shawl for you?!:clap Pattern? Color?

I'm going over to DD's after we eat dinner. She said Ryan wants to watch the hockey game with Grammie! (but I know really, my DD wants to have some company since her DH is at work):)

Awwwww....you are indeed blessed:manyheart

Like Joanne said, for April it was way too warm today - and tomorrow will be 85:eek

(Kelly, Joanne and I don't live all that far away from each other here in New Jersey and with some other ladies have met up several times lately)

We went to Delicious Orchards this AM to pick up a few things: a mini eclair for DH, a single layer carrot cake - with icing:D....also a few healthy items:lol

Spent time reading today again...and had a little time with my hook. I've been really caught up in the Virgin River and Grace Valley series of books by Robyn Carr...:c9 Then I spent the last half of the day sneezing and trying to get my nose to stop dripping! Yellow pollen is covering everything outside - including the patio set that DH just cleaned off yesterday! The air conditioner has been on for a while now, so it's getting better. Allergy pill did NOTHING to stop the symptoms!:(

Have a great night everyone...

Hello everyone! I'm new but would like to join in if you'll have me?

I'm Kelly. I'm 24 from Wales in the UK.

I haven't been crocheting long but right now I'm working on a blue granny square blanket for my boyfriend (it was supposed to be for his birthday which is next week. It's no where near finished though!), another giant granny square blanket for my car and I've just taught myself how to make flowers! I made one to hang from my rear view mirror in my car and posted a picture of it on Facebook. My penpal commented saying she loved it so going to make some more, try some different styles and send her a few too.

I think crocheting is going to have to wait for a little while though. I'm clumsy and have managed to burn my right index finger twice in just over a week. First time I burnt it stripping wallpaper. We were using a steamer and the old paint on the wallpaper got hot and sticky, stuck to my finger and I pulled some skin off, eek! It hasn't healed very well and got a bit infected. Then just as it started to get better I burnt the same finger on a saucepan. So crocheting has been abandoned, holding a hook was making it sore. Hoping to get some more done this week though!

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope I can come and join you :-)

Hi, Kelly! :hi Welcome to "Our House." :welcome I'm Linda and a caregiver/companion for a lady who's had 3 major strokes and getting ready move out on my own again this summer after caring for her for over 7 1/2 years. Hope your finger heals quickly and well. I have great-great-grandparents from Wales.

Take care in the storms Mary.

Hugs to all in need. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Spent part of the afternoon with Rosie, my next-door neighbor, shopping. It's a beautiful day here in Georgia. John got home about 1:40 and they didn't shoot any turkeys or wild pigs, although they tried.

Well the Devils lost but had a good time anyway. Home on my iPad watching the Yankees and they are winning!

Judy-I found the shawl pattern on Ravelry. It's called York Shawlette by Anastacia-knits-designs. I'm using Lion Brand amazing yarn and I like how it is turning out. The ripple is in green, buff and brown and I got about 9 rows done yesterday.

Linda- Glad John lost today and that you had some time with Rosie

Val-Slow and steady and you'll get the purging done

Tomorrow is going to be HOT just like Judy said!! They better have the AC in at work!!!!

morning, peeps!

Thanks for the info, Joanne! I hope things are cool at work...

Lots of laundry on the agenda along with food shopping so we can stay in later on when it's too hot. Neither one of us handle the heat well at all:( at least the AC got rid of the allergy symptoms inside last night , so I slept well.

BBL!

Morning all

Quick jump in before my store run this AM . Feels nice and warm today. No coats !

Linda

Hope you got a chance to rest a bit before tackling more packing today .

Phyllis

Your afghan is a stunner. So very different !

Kelly

Welcome to the gang. I'm the resident YAKKER of the group,although everyone else does their fair share .

Hope your finger heals soon so you can crochet again . Good to have you aboard .

Howdy to everyone else-- gotta scoot before it gets too hot .

Good morning Housemates!

Just dropped off my nephew at work. I'm going to start purging again. I got a good bit done yesterday. I have too many wips. I am logging them and going to start finishing them one by one.

Joanne - sorry the Devils lost but at least you got to spend the evening with your favorite people. Have a great Monday.

Judy - I don't do well in heat either. However, as the designated family driver, I don't have a choice but to go out sometimes when the sun is at it's hottest. Stay cool.

Julie - Have fun shopping and browsing. Stay cool.

To the rest of our "Housemates," I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Monday.

BBL.

Hi everyone. :) Many areas are supposed to be hotter than we are for a change! The storms were followed by a beautiful cool breeze and it's in the upper 50's this morning. :cheer

I'm leaving soon to babysit for Luke while DD has her 3 month check-up. Getting through the first trimester without problems is a relief. :):c9

Have a wonderful Monday! :manyheart

Morning Val

Is it starting to get pretty hot down there yet, or is it too early ? I know you guys USUALLY HAVE ALL THE PRETTY SPRING FLOWERS AND TREES BUDDING OUT LONG BEFORE US .

** Sorry for the big type, pressed the caplock by mistake . My typing is pretty pathetic sometimes .

Mary

Keeping my fingers crossed for your girl that her visit goes well and everything looks okey-dokey ! Are you hoping the next one will be a girl, or doesn't it matter one way or the other ?

I got my running done for the day. Bills mailed, groceries stocked up and put away . A run to the library. WHY , I have no clue,since I have tons of books to read already,but I can't resist going in and finding brand new releases for free.

Hope everyone has a good day today .

Mary - I'm glad you have some good weather. Have fun with Luke and I'm praying that all is well with DD.

Julie - Our spring flowers budded at the end of February and March. Everything was sooo beautiful. We got everything very early. This includes the snakes. The snake catchers are making a fortune according to the new. Hope I don't see one.

We have a cloudy overcast with a breeze. So far so good.

BBL.

Good afternoon, everyone. Kim has a doctor appointment this afternoon with her OB/GYN. I ran to the moving company this morning and picked up packing boxes, paper, etc. for John. Was visiting with the gentleman who was helping me and his mother is moving here in a month or so and they are looking for a part-time caregiver for her. Looks like I may have a new job all lined up for myself when I leave here. :D He took my information and is going to talk to his sister about it and get back with me.

Hi everyone. :) Many areas are supposed to be hotter than we are for a change! The storms were followed by a beautiful cool breeze and it's in the upper 50's this morning. :cheer

I'm leaving soon to babysit for Luke while DD has her 3 month check-up. Getting through the first trimester without problems is a relief. :):c9

Good to hear that things are going well with DD. Seems to me she had a lot of morning sickness with Luke. If she did and isn't this time it might mean that this one is going to be a girl. At least that's the way it worked for me.

We're getting some sprinkles at the moment, not a lot, but if it keeps it up it could amount to something. We are very dry and could use a soaking rain, although I'd appreciate it if it waited until we are home from the doctor to do that.

Hope you all have a good Monday. :manyheart

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Did you miss me?! :lol

Let me just say that this wedding was one of the best I've ever been to. So, you know how they do the name cards and let you know what table you're at? I got there and my name was on a Boston Red Sox ticket!!!!! :clap Along with everyone else at my table....which was Fenway Park. Each table was a ballpark with the ticket coordinating for that team. The hors d'ouerve (sp?) hour had a mashed potato bar, which was awesome and some other great appetizers being served. When we went into the ballroom and they announced everyone, the parents were announced as the head coaches :lol And then each bridesmaid and groomsman was announced with their height like at a game when they introduce the starting lineup. It all went so quickly. They went right in to the first dance when they entered. Then did the speeches. Our bride and her brothers played a few songs (the boys play guitar and she was on the drums...yes, in her wedding gown!) After that was dinner and then we did more fun stuff and dancing, and then dessert. Everything was spaced out well and almost in a way that you wouldn't really think would work :think But it was great and nothing was all 'clumped' together. Definitely a great day and she was gorgeous!!!!!

I started to make a baby rr in the car on the way to Jersey for my friend that flew in from Colorado who had a girl a few months ago. Almost finished before she left yesterday, but not quite although it is coming out very cute :yes She left yesterday and I drove back today.

I had a patient email to come tomorrow (a new one) and then called today and asked if she could come tonight instead :clap I was supposed to go to the movies with my sister to see Hunger Games, but now she'll be going alone unless someone else is going with her :shrug I really want to see the movie, but we all know it's got to be much more important than a movie for me to tell a patient no :yes

Cindy - Sounds like you got some much needed relaxing time in over the past couple days :hug How was gs's bday?

Judy - :yay for sports, books, and hooks :wink

Val - You hit it right on the nose that my mom worries about the kids being the ones to suffer. :shrug How'd the purging go?

Linda - WTG on all your packing, how's the wrist? Rant all you want :hug Sending positive thoughts for the possible job....I think after your past 7 1/2 years, PT would be great for you :yes

Joanne - :yay for your niece's confirmation and nephew's upcoming graduation :hug How's your ripple coming along? And the shawl?

Marlene - Great idea to remove ex-DIL...if she can't be nice then you don't need her on FB doing things like that :hug So sorry to hear that Heathers family is having such a rough time :hug Sending prayers their way.

Phyllis - Your mcal ghan came out great :yes I did my border last wed at my mom's but am not happy with it and am going to look through a border book tonight to make something more out of it :think With my colors, I'm just not happy with the sc round.

Faile - How's that loom coming along? Did you get it put together yet?

Mary - The weather has been strange over here too. It was on and off hail all the way to my parents last Wed and today's in the 80's :eek Have fun with Luke and I hope dd's appt goes well :hug

Julie - What are you up to over there young lady?

Kelly - :welcome We love getting new housemates. Stop in when you can, I like to jot down little notes as I read so I remember what I wanted to say to everyone since it can get a bit overwhelmingly busy here at times :lol We chat about everything and anything! I'm Marisa, 33 years old and I just opened up a chiropractic office in Pittsburgh, PA so I often fill the ladies in on that since they've been here for me during the start up phase :yes

Hi, Marisa....we did miss you!:hug

Oh, that weather sounds so nice....:c9

I hope DDs appt went well:hug

Good afternoon, everyone. Kim has a doctor appointment this afternoon with her OB/GYN. I ran to the moving company this morning and picked up packing boxes, paper, etc. for John. Was visiting with the gentleman who was helping me and his mother is moving here in a month or so and they are looking for a part-time caregiver for her. Looks like I may have a new job all lined up for myself when I leave here. :D He took my information and is going to talk to his sister about it and get back with me.

That's wonderful!! I'm sure it'll work out - and part time is sooooo much better for you:)

Well, had a busy day - and then got a haircut and touch up. Think a 60's short, tapered "do":D

Jules...I hope you're doing well...if you're running around as much as you are, you MUST be!:)

have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Marisa, yes you were missed. The wedding reception sounds different but fun. We want to see pictures of the baby rr. You'll get a chance to see the movie. It's great you're adding new patients. I'm still purging. I've gotten rid of some papers and then I'll move on to the clothes.

I still have squares to finish on my MCAL. I got behind when I was making blankets for sale. We want to see pictures of yours.

Linda - you're getting some of your goodness returned to you.

Hi all,

Had a busy day and then it took me an hour to get home, rushed inside, changed and headed to craft club!

Linda- I agree with Cindy, all your goodness that you've shown to Kim is going to be returned. Positive thoughts that it works out!!!

Marisa- That wedding sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! Right up my alley with the sports theme!!! I absolutely love it!!!! Glad you had such a great time- and how exciting- another new patient!!!!

Mary- Hope all went well with DD's appointment!!!

Val- Going through papers is the tough part for me. I don't have too hard of a time going through clothes and such, but when it comes to papers, I'm afraid that as soon as I toss it, it'll turn out to be something I needed!!

I'm really in the mood to start purging some more and de-cluttering some more- but not in this heat! I turned the AC on as soon as I came home from work- then when I got home from craft club, the house was nice and cool. The heat didn't seem to bother DH, but I knew if I didn't turn it on, I'd never sleep tonight!

Hi Ladies,

Kelly, :welcome We would be glad to have you join us. Hope your finger heals quickly!

Linda, Fingers crossed you get the part time job. Hope your feeling better. Glad you got to spend sometime with Rosie.

Mary, Hope DD's doctor appt went well. Did DH go fishing?

Judy, The new do sounds cute.

Joanne, Glad you were able to spend time with DD and Ryan.

Marisa, The wedding sounds like a lot of fun.

Julie, Hope things are better for Steph now.

Cindy, Hope you continue to have an easy week at work.

Val, Good luck with the purging. That's what I need to do here to. I have way to much stuff.

Yesterday DD called me from work and asked me if I could come help her. She had to put up a new display. One of the guys helped her in the morning. They had 4 pieces of particle board that were 4' x 4' and they hung them. Then they had to put these pipes together and they had to be put on the boards then a shelf on top of some of them. The company who delivered the wood left a drill but no drill bit (Mom can you bring me my drill)(1st phone call, delivered), no shelf to put on the pipes. She and I did the two bottom boards and she said one of the guys was working today and he would put the pegs on the upper boards. The screws wouldn't go through only so far on the pressed wood and I hand screwed them. One of the girls that works for DD thanked me for coming and helping. She said you did it like you knew what to do. I told her I like to fix things and put them together.

DH called me on saturday morning he was in a lot of pain. He was doing something with SD so he was planning on staying over night at his brothers house. Sunday he was no better so I told him we could stay all night at my sisters house and I would call the doctor. I called the doctor this morning and are is out all week and he couldn't be seen until tomorrow afternoon. Couldn't get a referral for the chiropractor without being seen. So we went to the chiropractors office and I told him what was happening and he said I'll charge you what they would pay me if you want. So he seen DH and popped his collar bone back in. He's been resting since he got home and icing it. Tomorrow I'll make him a sling. He's hoping he'll be able to golf thursday.

Yesterday when I left Maya and must of seen bye 100 times. She called me before I left the complex crying. Grandma can't you stay one more night. I had to tell her no because we were suppose to get storms and if I stayed I would have to leave bright and early and I didn't want to get caught in any storms. Her Mom was telling I would probably see her this weekend. DD is going to go out with a gf or gfs for her birthday and Maya and I will stay at my sisters.

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight. Would some of you girls who are having extra warm weather please send it over here to Michigan. It was 69 this morning and this afternoon it was down to 52 when I came home. Suppose to have several cold nights this week.

I have to get back to GS's afghan. June will be here before I know it. So that's what I will be working for awhile.

Have any of you tried Bernat Premium yarn? I bought some and it isn't very good yarn to work with. It's soft, but the yarn isn't weaved together very well. So I ended up going and buying Vanna's yarn. I made Heather the headband she wanted for winter so I wanted to make sure it was nice yarn. I'm going to write Bernat about it. I have used other Bernat yarn and never been unhappy with it.

My nephew got home today. Nine years in the army and he is calling it quits. He did Iraq and Afghanistan for 3 tours. He could of gone again and then just as he started his paper work his unit got called to go overseas again and he would of had to go. He has some problems from being there three times so it was time for him to get out. He has been getting help so I hope he continues so he feels better.

Enough from me. I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a super tuesday!

What a lot going on Marlene! Glad that your nephew made the right decision for him. Please thank him for serving our country for three tours overseas. I'm glad he's getting some help to deal with what sounds like post-traumatic stress!

Hope that DH feels somewhat better tomorrow!

You can have the 91 degrees we had today! It is too HOT for April!!! Supposed to cool down later in the week though I think!

Marlene - does your daughter live in Michigan? I'm glad your nephew made the right decision for him. Praying that all is well with DH and nephew. Like Joanne, thank him for serving our country.

I'd done a massive purger when I moved to Georgia 10 years ago. I'd read an article where a woman was re-defining herself after a divorce. She was moving to a small cottage. She'd decided to take only the things she could absolutely NOT do without. There was more to the article...just can't remember it all. I tried it and it worked. I have to do it again but I don't have as much as I did last time. I had 3 sets of stainless steel pots & pans. I gave 2 set to my sisters. I had several dinner ware place settings and did likewise. I got rid of a lot of stuff that I could have sold because it was nice stuff. I even gave some things to a couple of friends who were less fortunate. My biggest area this time is books, papers & clothes. Oh well, I'll get it done. I hate being a pack rat!!!

Archived