ILTY now 3.99

yarnhookncandle

I don't have any Hobby Lobby stores in my area but I have noticed the prices have increased on their website and they no longer put their yarn on sale online like before when it was Craftsetc.

LI Roe

I noticed that, too. For the size of skein you get, it really isn't that awful, but the price seems to have risen frequently and quickly and it isn't ever on sale anymore. I'll still buy it, but it is becoming one of those yarns you buy running in every day with a 40% off coupon.

I am very disappointed in the price increase of ILTY. I called HL last year when they took over craftsetc.com and they would not give me a reason of why the yarn does not go on sale anymore. They told me they offer sometimes free shipping, but they offered that before. I notice on the HL weekly adds that ILTY never goes on sale. The price went up on the web site too.

Yep, here too. I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday morning when the clerk was changing all the prices. I wanted to grab that pricing gun right out of her hands! I will still buy it, just not as often as I did in the past. Luckily I have quite a stash of it!

Some of the skeins are still at 3.69 but the new ones are 3.99. I will use the 40% off coupon still to get it. With the price of gas and utilities going up, they have to increase their prices as well.

I did notice it. It seems to be going up way faster than other brands, etc. I do like the yarn, and if I need more than one, I will bring the kids with me, give them cash and a coupon, and each kid can buy a skein.:lol

I've done it before. It's kind of funny, when all the kids in line are standing there, with a couple bucks, a coupon, and a skein of purple yarn. Do you think they catch on?:lol

:manyheart

I did notice it. It seems to be going up way faster than other brands, etc. I do like the yarn, and if I need more than one, I will bring the kids with me, give them cash and a coupon, and each kid can buy a skein.:lol

I've done it before. It's kind of funny, when all the kids in line are standing there, with a couple bucks, a coupon, and a skein of purple yarn. Do you think they catch on?:lol

I don't think they care, since you are technically following the rules the cashiers can't get into trouble for it.

I bought a bunch of ILTY (for a project) right after Christmas and it was still $3.69 a skein, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go up to $3.99. I still don't think it's an unreasonable price, but if it keeps creeping higher, I don't think they'll be seeing many people use it, especially since there are many other comparable acryllic yarns for much cheaper prices!

I went to my HL today (Macedonia, OH) and all the ILTY was still $3.69. Going again next week with a friend and will check out the pricing again to see if it has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

HL seems to be overpriced in all of their yarn. I just moved to TN and was thrilled to finally have a HL near me as I never been in one before. I was not impressed. The Joanns here has a better selection, better prices, and better non-judgmental staff. Plus they are open on Sundays. I don't think I'll ever go in there again, I don't see what the draw is. ILTY is not that much of a draw to make me over look all the other issues, and now that they are raising the price of the one thing that Joann doesn't carry I really see no point.

I called HL a couple of weeks ago and complained about ILTY and any of their yarn not going on sale on the web site or in the store. When they were craftsetc.com they almost alwarys put there yarn on sale. HL has taken over the website since last Jan and the yarn has not gone on sale yet. They told me they offer free shipping or the coupon. I told them that craftsetc.com did the same thing. I also told her that I can not belive it doe not go on sale at the store either. I am very disspointed with this. They really didn't seem to care that I was complaining about this and they really didn't care last year when I called.

The cotton is on sale this week but I don't care for their cotton. I"m really sad that they haven't had the ILTY on sale in months. I complained to a manager, but they weren't much help.

I really like the cotton, but everytime I work with it, it sets off my allergies and I end up with the sniffles. No other cotton does that.

The store managers probably can't do anything about the pricing or sales.

They sure changed all the yarn at my HL. I guess everything is going up.:(

They may start putting it on sale again, but you never know.

It's not fun that it's $4 a skein, but it's so worth it when it's softer than RH. I love how it feels and have decided to make a special afghan for my "sis" with it. So even though it's a bit pricey, I (still) Love This Yarn!

It's not fun that it's $4 a skein, but it's so worth it when it's softer than RH. I love how it feels and have decided to make a special afghan for my "sis" with it. So even though it's a bit pricey, I (still) Love This Yarn!

Yup I agree.

As for them not having yarn on sale I just was at HL and all the Baby Bee yarn was on sale. I asked the cashier if ILTY ever goes on sale and he said it did occasionally. I will keep watch on that, but not terribly hopeful on it though.

My HL, just last week raised the price to $3.99. I complained to the clerks that were pricing the yarn, and while they were nice, they really didn't care....just doing their job. Suggested I tell the manager and email HL thru the website. Said that I and many many others had done that to absolutely no response. I told them that since HL took over the Craftsetc website that the ILTY never goes on sale and haven't seen it on sale in the stores in forever. They responded with there is a 40% off coupon this week that you can use. I said I am and had to drag my 77 year old mother into the store so that I could use two coupons. I said that 40% off of one skein, really does not help all that much when you need 10-12 skeins at a time. She did however give me a skein of ILTY that had seen better days and was coming apart for $2.79! WOW, if I had not said anything, I would have been paying 3.99 for that ratty looking skein. I am happy I was able to save that poor skein of yarn.

Unfortunately, I will still be purchasing ILTY as it is the best yarn around compared to RH and SS, etc. I prefer this yarn to any other. I just won't be buying as much.

• 3 weeks later...

About the time ILTY went up to 3.69, our HL actually had a sale on it - as the big excited signs proclaimed.

It was a whole 10 cents off a skein.

I was so not impressed. However, I hit the jackpot this summer. I was in just when they were cleaning out the bins and sorting out odd dye lots. I got a gazillion skeins for around 2.25 each - yarn stash explosion! I can always find projects to use it in where dye lots don't really matter. I like the yarn, but won't pay $4 a skein for it.

I do love this yarn for its softness too. But, i was kinda dissapointed in it because i noticed that it seems to fade little by little after washing. So, i don't think i love it enough to pay this much for it. I went to HL yesterday looking for RHSS colors for a Afghan i'm getting ready to start. I hadn't been there in a while and was not happy on the price hikes on all their yarn and their lack of color selection in RHSS. So I went to Walmart and found the colors I needed and paid less for the yarn to boot.:clap

Archived