2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a bunny and tote, so that helps me out! Another +3!

2 more balls gone!! Sue you have made me successful this week in stash busting with that tote :rofl

:rofl Glad I could help! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

WTD: +9 YTD: +15

I did have a higher WTD score but then I received and opened up my Basket of Goodies Swap package. More yarn! And what great yarn it is. Will go great with what I have set aside for my round ripple.

Almost done with the ghan I'm working on now, have 2 hours left to get it finished before we have to leave (it's for dad-in-law's birthday...which is today!)

WTD: +8, YTD: -18

If I get anything done tonight I will add it to next weeks. I'm exhausted from work. I was the only employee in today. THANKFULLY I have the best volunteers!

I knew my day would come... I DE-STASHED!! in a big way

I did use 3 balls and 1 skein in the stash busting tote, I did buy 10 skeins...but I DE-STASHED 130 skeins!!! I traded/bartered them to a friend who does charity work. She got the much better end of the deal, but that was ok!

So my score for the week... +244!!!

Sad part is I'm still in the negative numbers for the year :rofl

Well, I've had a big fat zero for the past couple of weeks, largely due to being broke, so I didn't get any new yarn. I also haven't used anything up despite my best efforts. WTD 0/ YTD -68

Going to post my score, then get to putting together the weekly total list. Did you all think I forgot again??? lol After yesterdays adventures (zip lining and horseback riding), I'm ready to sit and relax today. Hope everyone has a great Easter!!

WTD +2

Ready....Set....HERE WE GO!!!!!

Gold Medal is awarded to

FrLop Lady 244:cheer:clap:cheer

Silver Medalist is

lhasaapsolady 19:cheer

And the Bronze goes to

dragonpuck 12:cheer

De-Stashing FoolsShell Lee 9

TurtleLvr 8

cris 7

CLLinda 2

fc1123 2

mouseCLP 2

walker1021 2

BigPinkPolkaDot 1

saffronangel 1

Holding Their Own

Marzee 0

pineknott 0

cshort 0

Crafty Witch 0

Bringing in the orphaned skeins (such good yarnies they are - lol)

greyhoundgrandma -9

Shoot The Moon Winner Is....

YARN GEEK -14:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

So my score for the week... +244!!!

Sad part is I'm still in the negative numbers for the year :rofl

WHOA! +244!!! Thought that was a typo! :eek

:rofl on the negative for the year! :rofl

WHOA! +244!!! Thought that was a typo! :eek

:rofl on the negative for the year! :rofl

nope not a typo. I got a huge amount of yarn last fall (whew..before this started lolol) from a friend's mom's stash when mom died. And there was so much I knew I wouldn't use and/or was to much of one color for me to use. She LOVED RHSS Ocean..there was 30 skeins of the stuff at at least 5 or 6 different dye lots. Now that a certain person has created a monster in a stash busting tote I can use up some of that Ocean! One of my first bags was Ocean and Turquoise and I get more compliments on it from people that see it. Took it to the rabbit show yesterday and at least 2 people wanted it :lol

I have 2/3's of the stash I got still left!

nope not a typo. I got a huge amount of yarn last fall (whew..before this started lolol) from a friend's mom's stash when mom died. And there was so much I knew I wouldn't use and/or was to much of one color for me to use. She LOVED RHSS Ocean..there was 30 skeins of the stuff at at least 5 or 6 different dye lots. Now that a certain person has created a monster in a stash busting tote I can use up some of that Ocean! One of my first bags was Ocean and Turquoise and I get more compliments on it from people that see it. Took it to the rabbit show yesterday and at least 2 people wanted it :lol

Hey now, that "monster" is helping use up that stash. :rofl

Let me get this straight. You destashed 130 skeins, and it's only 1/3rd of what you "inherited" from your friend's mom. *Does some quick math* :2eek:faint

Let me get this straight. You destashed 130 skeins, and it's only 1/3rd of what you "inherited" from your friend's mom. *Does some quick math* :2eek:faint

yeah I paid like $200 for all of it. My friend wanted to just give it to me, but the rest of the family (one SIL in particular) didn't want to give anything away :lol

Archived