2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I'm in trouble now. Just ordered 6 pounders from my fav on line yarn store :eek PLUS, Turtlelvr (Sue) and I are going yarn shopping Sunday :eek:eek

Guess you could say I am stocking up now for the rest of the year. (Yeah, right :rofl:rofl)

I need to order at least 3 skeins, maybe 4 of the color I've been searching for. Plus just bought 2 skeins yesterday... just because. have no project in mind for them, I just saw them and said "Wow, that's a perfect red color for, uh, something." and bought them! I'll figure out something to make with them. Although, only bought 2 skeins so, may have to get more! hehe :dance:bounce

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I finished a skein on Monday (WTD +2) then got my valentine's order of yarn on Tuesday (16 skeins, -32 points, WTD now is -30) In my defense, my YTD is positive, and I hope to bring the WTD to a less ugly number soon.

Well, last night was Biggest Loser night at my mom's house again and I pulled out my 3sub project that lives there and worked my way through 4 balls bringing my wtd for this week to +4 so far this week. :yay

Last Friday I was supposed to leave the frozen NE to meet my sister in sunny AZ, where my brother lives. Had to cancel my trip for a chemo treatment (how dare they schedule it then!). My sister went anyway because it would have cost her more to reschedule than the ticket originally cost her. While out there she and my SIL went to a LYS and bought me 3 hanks of hand dyed alpaca cotton and a small scarf pattern book. Okay, it doesn't really make me feel any better about not being able to go, but the yarn feels really soft. So, counting the ball I used earlier this week I'm WTD -5

What do you do with the yarn when you finish something and only have 2-3 yards left? It's not enough to call a ball or to do a row of a scrap pattern. But you can't just throw it away!

Pom poms -- I'm quite addicted to them, or granny's daughters, or yo yos, or (if the color is good) save it to emboider facial features on animals. Or tie it on a stick and call it a cat toy...

:sigh Well... So much for a positive YTD...

My dear friend is de-stashing, and brought a bunch of yarn to our IRL meeting. I scored 17 skeins, some partials, but I'm counting them as full skeins for ease of scorekeeping. This brings my WTD to -62 and YTD to -7. I'm not complaining. :hook

I almost forgot -- I finished a skein on my afghan during our meeting, which ups my score to a -60, ytd to -5.

What do you do with the yarn when you finish something and only have 2-3 yards left? It's not enough to call a ball or to do a row of a scrap pattern. But you can't just throw it away!

If I have at least 2 yards of yarn, I make a Granny's Daughter (a single-round granny square). I have a whole bag of them made up; someday I'm going to make an afghan with them. Also, there are groups that will put them together for charity items.

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words.:manyheart:hug Those first couple of days were pretty hard for me. I'll never stop missing my furry little guy, but each day gets a bit easier.

On a lighter note, it looks like it's a great week to go yarn shopping.:lol

The yarn I need for one of the umteen blankets I'm working on is on sale this week... :devil

If I have at least 2 yards of yarn, I make a Granny's Daughter (a single-round granny square). I have a whole bag of them made up; someday I'm going to make an afghan with them. Also, there are groups that will put them together for charity items.

Now why didn't I think of that? :think:think

Great idea!

:cheer

lets see.... I didn't really do anything this week but study study study. I broke a few half used skeins down into balls so that's where my score comes from this week. I figure I'll be too busy studying to post tomorrow.

WTD +6/YTD +14

Another week with very little progress. Finished off one skein making a scarf. Started using a pounder to make a shawl. Half way thru that so nothing to count there.

WTD +2Next week will be a killer score - and not the gold medal way. The yarn I ordered :compute should be delivered to my front doorstep AND yarn shopping :shop with Turtlelvr tomorrow. Plus I have my mid term coming up, so I'll be studying :book instead of crocheting (or, atleast I SHOULD be studying instead of crocheting. :juggle)

I didn't get my first Joann order in this week. They'll both come next week. But I got my kit of the month and two ebay auctions for a -42. I used a kit skein in a scarf, one in HAP rectangles, another in dish cloths and the first two of a shawl (it used two strands held together, so that helped).

WTD -32/YTD -64

Just realized that this week I doubled my YTD minus score!

wtd -17

ytd -70

sad part is, though my weekly scores do not seem to reflect this :lol, I am buying less on impulse than I was before :rofl Really I am

:think:think:eek imagine if I had been in this CAL last year :eek:eek:eek:eek

Archived