2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I pulled out my leftovers bag determined to use up all the small balls

success:clap

WTD +30 YTD +279 with a little help from the 3 oz skeins of black I am using for borders-

Now I am working on the bigger balls so no points until I get a few more squares finished and use up my black--

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend saw my work and wants some too. He wants a ghost and a snowman for his Nana and some spiders for himself. He "borrowed" some :yarn from her stash for me :lol. 1 skein of white and a ball of black (-3). She hasn't done much knitting lately and she doesn't miss it when others borrow from her stash. I used the ball (+1), barely got 2 spiders out of it (about a yard left). I made 2 ghosts and rolled the skein down (+1). I told him to wait until Nov. for the snowman. I think I can get 2 snowmen from the rest.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 139

Ellie 13

Horrible week here...major dental work, negative family stuff, and Thursday my company (a large corporation) did a major "reduction in force". Total gone locally in my small town: 25. Total gone nationwide for entire company: at least 200-300.....including some good friends and my landlord. Sad and frightening....Thank God I still have a job.

I'm so sorry! It's awful, and no one appears to be immune. A good friend of ours just graduated as an LPN and can't find work because - SURPRISE - all the hospitals around here are hiring some sort of "aids," whom they don't have to pay as much as a nurse! We have another friend who got her pay slashed from $40,000 to $35,000 because her "numbers weren't up." She works as a chef in a company cafeteria. Of course her numbers aren't up--no one has the money to buy lunch in a cafeteria there, so they're all brown-bagging it.

Oops, I slipped! I bought 5 skeins of superwash wool to make Lion Brand's star-shaped baby bunting for my grandson. (That kid is gonna kill my stashbusting score!) :blush But I'm sure he'll be worth every negative point!

WTD -10

YTD +62

Still crocheting, so I might update if the scores aren't posted early.

won't be me this week! I've used up 2 partial skeins for a +2.

Joann's sale... :lol:lol -28

WTD: -39

YTD: +40

My moon rocket launcher is warming up as we speak!

Have a great weekend! :cheer

And, welcome, Steph!!! :waving

thank you!!!! :D

I think I'm heading to the moon this week. This is my score:

WTD: -15

YTD: -27

That kind of score won't get you to the moon very often with this group :rofl

I am going to KILLL google chrome... I had this alll done and it did it's weird crash thing when I hit enter sometimes..anyone else having that problem with Chrome??

Ok going to do it this time in firefox..no make that Opera..only one that seems to work decent right now..but all my bookmarks are in Chrome!

Ok I think I have it this time..and it's still there to post!!

Gold medal! dragonpuck +30

Silver medal!! greyhoundmama +12

bronze medal! lhahasaapsolady +6

using up stash!

CLLinda +3

pineknott +2

PBLKNP +2

walker 1021 +2

Ellie 13 +1

CLLinda +1

holding steady...

kraftncrazy

Turtlelvr

fc1123

Shannart

New yarn to love and hold forever..or until we give it away in a FO :lol

cris -5

Mouse CLP -10

Fiberfolly -15

frloplady -28

Shoot the moon winner! TCarra -39

30% off yarn on line at JoAnn's and $.99 shipping Mon and Tues.

What! I have to stay off that website! I have to stay off the website!

:manyheart

I am going to KILLL google chrome... I had this alll done and it did it's weird crash thing when I hit enter sometimes..anyone else having that problem with Chrome??

Ok going to do it this time in firefox..no make that Opera..only one that seems to work decent right now..but all my bookmarks are in Chrome!

I have to rotate my browsers like that too. sometimes firefox won't work right, sometimes IE, sometimes chrome. Really annoying.

Oops! I fell asleep before I remembered to post. Oh, well. I had a -10 for the week.

(Scooting over) Here, sit beside me on the bench just beyond the reach of the three moonwalkers! :lol

well bought 5 skeins of yarn at Joann's with my 40%off coupons had to needed to ease my depression since they took me off the schedule at work for accidentally serving beer to a minor so now I am in deep depression it feels like it isn't real but I know that it is real. Now focusing on school to make sure I don't let my grades slip because of this.

well bought 5 skeins of yarn at Joann's with my 40%off coupons had to needed to ease my depression since they took me off the schedule at work for accidentally serving beer to a minor so now I am in deep depression it feels like it isn't real but I know that it is real. Now focusing on school to make sure I don't let my grades slip because of this.

Oh I'm sorry to hear about this. :hug While I know it's serious, it is a blessing that no one got hurt. Hang in there. Okay? Things'll get better. :hug

Put two skeins into the afghan I am making my son and his fiancee for Christmas. Hoping to get lots more done this week. Biggest Loser starts tonight and that will give me lots of crochet time on Tuesday nights again. (No one interrupts Biggest Loser time!!! :lol )

:hug I'm so sorry! :(

Archived