Ally's bday and dress!!

benee16

I made this dress for Ally and she had to wear it on her second birthday. It is the "sweetie pie" pattern, but I did the solid color on the bottom.

Denise

Allyage2a.jpg

Allyage2d.jpg

Allyage2e.jpg

I know I had gotten this as a tear off pamphlet in Michaels a while ago, but now its online. Is is really easy to work up, but I can say for my daughter, it wasn't necessary to separate the back and use a button. It was wide enough at the neck to do without it. However since I didn't realize that when doing the pattern, I used velcro dots insteat of a button. I'm going to make another one in purples for her and I won't bother with the button on that one.

Denise

http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/yarn/lw1392.htm

OMG she is CUTE!! I love the dress, too!

You know ... I think that would make a really cute top for an older girl ... maybe widen it a little bit (not much though - maybe an inch or two?). Could be worn over a turtleneck when it's colder. Hmmmm.

The yarn I used was Red Hearts, soft baby.

I definately use dresses Ally has grown out of as shirts. Here is Ally with a dress that is meant for 6-9 months, paired with a pair of yellow capris (she was almost 2 when that was taken). The dresses for young girls are usually so wide, its not a problem to use as a shirt when they get older, especially the tank top kind paired with another shirt underneath.

Denise

IMG_0079.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived