How long do you try....

To get out a knot in a skein of yarn? I worked on one last night for an hour. I was determined not to give up and cut it off. And I succeeded!

So how long do you try?

Or do you just cut it out?

:manyheart

I am not going to confess how long it took me just the other week to work out a tangled mess that was near the end of the skein of yarn I was crocheting with. I will just say it took a very long time and I finally starting cutting something I swore I would not do. I will not be ruled by a skein of yarn. I rule the skein of yarn. You got that yarn. Yes, I am talking to you, yarn.

I am not going to confess how long it took me just the other week to work out a tangled mess that was near the end of the skein of yarn I was crocheting with. I will just say it took a very long time and I finally starting cutting something I swore I would not do. I will not be ruled by a skein of yarn. I rule the skein of yarn. You got that yarn. Yes, I am talking to you, yarn.

:rofl

Not until I win or the yarn can prove to me why it is better, which it can't so I win. Too bad, yarn. I sometimes spend hours untangling a skein, it can be therapuetic at times. And I will win.

LI Roe

Very few skeins of yarn have beat me. A few but not many. I win most of the time.

I will work from each side of the knot, and sometimes I will find the end and then I will go "into" the knot and pull the end back thru the knot, thereby eliminating some of the tangle. The more I pull the end back thru the knot the more untangled it becomes.

I don't know if what I just said makes any sense to anyone else but it does to me.

here is our neck of the woods. This afternoon was spent sorting through my stash and winding scraps into cakes. All was going well until....three and half hours later...my husband to me to give it up and just cut out the knot! I hate having a knot win. :P

I recently had a tangle (boo, hiss, pun) with a pounder skein of RH.

I spent two hours trying to get it to work out and I did give up. I was losing valuable crochet time. I cut it where I had it cleared and came back to the rest after I made the hat I was working on when the mess started. :wlol

I could not believe that an untouched skein of yarn could get that messed up but it did. .. and I am accounted a deft hand with a yarn tangle.

Call me lazy, but I refuse to spend that much time working on a knot. The only time I spend more than 15 minutes or so is when it's an expensive skein of yarn. I'll cut it out or just throw it away. :blush

A tangled skein I will work on..a knot? I could spend that knot time weaving in and crocheting a lot more.

I know what you ladies say when you are wasting time. I could have had this little baby sweater done in the amount of time it took me to get this huge knot out. And it was in the yarn barf, in the middle of the skein. I just refused to give up on this knot.

I don't know if I will do that the next time it happens. A whole hour wasted because of a knot. Unbelievable.

:manyheart

A tangled skein I will work on..a knot? I could spend that knot time weaving in and crocheting a lot more.

That's kind of how I feel about it. I think the yarn wins when I spend a bunch of time on it. There are a lot of other things I'd rather be doing! :yes

Unless it's cashmere or something, no time at all. :lol I don't have much patience for knots. Although, my mother had given me some Simply Soft for Christmas that I wanted to make an afghan, so I did take the time with those troublesome knots.

But I have committed some crochet crimes. I have thrown away a half a skein of yarn too many times just because I didn't feel like dealing with the tangled mess. :blush

I've been listening to all you ladies and I thought about what I had said previously. I think I do it not so much because the knot will not win but when I do it I found it very relaxing. Just concentrating on which way all the strands are going and how to untangle it so I can remove that knot. I like puzzles too, maybe that explains it.:lol

Archived