What Are You Making for the Holidays?

What's on the crochet agenda for holiday gift-giving? I'm searching out scarf patterns to make - I have two bosses at work and I think a nice crocheted scarf would be a good gift for the workplace. For my supervisor, I think I might do a cute little sushi scarf! I even have decorative chopsticks to insert to hold it in place once it's rolled up.

I'm also going to make a sweater, hat and scarf set for my grandson.

I'd love to know what others have planned, or have already completed for holiday giving!

This is my WIP/To Do List so far:

+ Working on crocheted rugs for one "hard to buy for" BIL and a housewarming gift for one set of neighbors who have just moved into their new home.

+ Have dish towels ready to serge the edges and am also adding crocheted lace for SILs

+ A couple of market bags for friends and neighbors

+ At least one or two car fender protectors for a couple of mechanics in our family

+ Some double-sided flannel blankets for several penpals

+ A pile of "painted doilies" for some other friends and people I used to work with

+ One lapghan that so far I'm not overly satisfied with so it may end up a "frog-it"

That's it so far. I have a binder full of ideas but at the moment I'm still canning fruit, pie fillings and jams.

So far I'm working on the Sesame Street hats that I found on another site. I'm making mittens to go with them. I have the Elmo one almost finished. I want to make one yellow and make Spongebob instread of one of the other characters.

I've made hanging dishtowels, but I can't decide on what else yet.

my plan is to finish making afghans for all my neices and nephews, the plan was to do that last Christmas, but time got away from me and I didn't get them finished,:blush. Plus, my BIL and SIL have both mentioned that they would like afghans so I am gonna surprise them (and I want for each of their two children as well) so that is 7 ghans and whatever else comes up between now and then, I am sure that to do list will grow, it seems to have a way of doing that, lol.

I made a Sock Monkey inspired scarf and wristlet for my niece

I made some tawashi / shower puff sets for two nieces

I made a bearghan for the preschool Christmas silent auction (and now I have been asked to make a second one because they are sure it will start a bidding war!)

I am working on an Ami Lion for my Godson

And, if my sister ever gets around to sending me the t-shirts, a blanket for my nephew made from his baseball t-shirts.

Also some AG doll clothes

So far I know that I am making stockings for my husband, my son, and me. I am using a Priscilla Hewitt pattern that uses motifs. It's called Polka Dot Christmas Stocking, here's her site: http://www.priscillascrochet.net/freepatterns.html

I bought the yarn a few months ago and haven't started yet! :lol I am finishing up most of my obligations and getting cleaned up from moving and I am going to get to it! :crocheting

Wow! Everyone has listed such great projects.

Every year I gift each woman in my family a special gift from me. This years gift is:

~11 linen type sachets with hand embroidery on them and crochet lace on the edges that holds a fragrant bar of soap.

~3 afghans

~1 framed doily

~another hat for DH

~2 crochet pillows

~1 shawl

:eek

i'm hoping to make a afghan for each of the kids, (that's 5 afghans)

I want to Embroider our nickname (for my 2 friends) for our crochet group onto tshirts. the resturant we meet at calls us the Whookerz lol

Finish my mom's afghan (fleese. i need to put the silky boarder on it)

Archived