Slipper CAL

heart

Now, let's crochet the "body"...this is the part that you will customize to fit your foot...I wear a size 9, so that is what I will give instructions for, but to make it smaller simply don't work as many rows, to make it larger, work more rows.

Hold your slipper with the "open" end facing away from you (toe toward you), and the medallion on top. Locate the first dc to the left of the medallion, skip this dc and join MC with a sl st. to the next dc.

post-15073-135897571583_thumb.jpg

Ch2, dc in each dc across...you should have a total of 16 dc.

*Ch2, turn, dc in each dc across.*

repeat this row 6 more times for a size 9...

post-15073-135897571587_thumb.jpg

This section should be long enough to reach around your heel when sewn. Be sure to make it nice and snug...they have a tendancy to stretch a bit after being worn.

Cut yarn, leaving a tail to sew up the heel.

To sew the heel, fold the end inside out, then sew it up...that way when you turn it right side out, your seam is hidden inside the slipper.

post-15073-135897571591_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897571594_thumb.jpg

Cut yarn, and weave in ends.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's finish it off with some shaping...next step: the border & strap.

The border will be worked around the opening over the dc's & ch2's...2 sc over each one.

Join CC with a slip stitch over the first dc to the left of your heel seam. Ch 1, 2sc over this dc. 2sc over each dc till you reach the toe section

post-15073-135897571601_thumb.jpg

Sc in skipped dc of toe section

post-15073-135897571606_thumb.jpg

Sc in ch 2 sp on medallion, sc in next 3 sc on medallion, sc in ch 2 sp of medallion, sc in next skipped dc,

post-15073-135897571613_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897571609_thumb.jpg

2sc over each remaining dc, join with sl st to first sc.

Ch1, sc in same sc, and in each sc around. join with sl st to first sc.

On to the strap:

Sl st in next 15 sc, ch 30 (or # of chains necessary to reach across your foot & around a button), sl st in first ch, sl st in same sc and each remaining sc, join with sl st to first sl st. Cut yarn leaving a long tail.

post-15073-135897571636_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897571639_thumb.jpg

Please note, that on the other slipper, the strap will be worked on the other side. So you would sl st in 24 sc, then ch 30, sl st in first ch, sl st in same sc, sl st in remaining sc around, join with sl st to first sl st.

All that's left is the button...

Use a needle, and run your yarn along the inside of the slipper until you reach the place where you would like to attach your button - I attach mine in between the fourth & fifth row of the body.

post-15073-135897571642_thumb.jpg

Be sure to use a needle that will fit through the holes in your button, and go ahead and sew it on...weave in your tail, and you're done!

post-15073-135897571646_thumb.jpg

Thanks Heather for the rest of the pattern. I think this is a really nice slipper, and I think my dd's will love it. the first pair will be for me though! I'm going to print all the sections out and sit outside to crochet the rest of the slippers. I should have started with a better color, (I used cranberry), since I don't really have much that will contrast nicely, but I'll find something) Maybe white or cream will look nice.

I found a pattern that is close to this slipper pattern it's at www.free-crochet.com it's called Ladies Slippers, it's under Winter Warmers on page 2. This may help you make another one.

I have a friend who asked me to make her some slippers so I thought I would check this cal out and the one you posted is the style she is wanting. If you find the exact pattern please post the info here.

Do you know if it's a free pattern or you bought it or was it in a book?

Thanks, it was a free pattern, I'll try some more to find it, I'll let you know.

Thanks Heather for the slipper tutorial, I'm going to try a pair of your slippers, I'll work on both at the same time, to make sure I end up with a pair :blush

All that's left is the button...

Use a needle, and run your yarn along the inside of the slipper until you reach the place where you would like to attach your button - I attach mine in between the fourth & fifth row of the body.

[ATTACH]26771[/ATTACH]

Be sure to use a needle that will fit through the holes in your button, and go ahead and sew it on...weave in your tail, and you're done!

[ATTACH]26772[/ATTACH]

Adorable Heather! A great tutorial too!

Those are so cute! Congrats Heather, on getting them written up. I can't wait to get started! :clap (uh oh, I feel crochet ADD kicking in! I already have several projects on the hook! :eek But these look like a "quick and easy" type project. ;) )

Ok, to keep myself on track, I am making Heather's slippers, a youth pair of Skimmers, after I buy the pattern and I am going to try to knit a pair called Ballet Slippers. They are on Ravelry, here's the link http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ballet-slippers-5 I need to pick up some Caron SS. Have any of you been to Michaels? They have pink yarn in the fron of the store for Breast Cancer. So much of your purchase price goes to research. I hope to stop in tomorrow and pick some up. :)

Ok, to keep myself on track, I am making Heather's slippers, a youth pair of Skimmers, after I buy the pattern and I am going to try to knit a pair called Ballet Slippers. They are on Ravelry, here's the link http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ballet-slippers-5 I need to pick up some Caron SS. Have any of you been to Michaels? They have pink yarn in the fron of the store for Breast Cancer. So much of your purchase price goes to research. I hope to stop in tomorrow and pick some up. :)

You better get busy!:hook

Yep, it seems to have passed inspection!

[ATTACH]26773[/ATTACH]

Love your inspector! Is he a Pit or an American Bulldog? My youngest that just moved up here with me has a 15 month old pit that is a hoot and my oldest has two bulldogs. All of them are spoiled rotten and big ole babies!!!

First half of Heather's Medallion Slippers went quite well. No errors, Heather. :) A gauge might be a good thing to add, though. I think mine was different than yours, so I merely adjusted the count on the final round. Easy to do. Now to make a matching slipper, weave in tails, paint some plasti-dip on the bottom :devil and if it all works, add it to the "knit and Crochet Ministry" donation basket at church :D Very cute! TYFS

Love your inspector! Is he a Pit or an American Bulldog? My youngest that just moved up here with me has a 15 month old pit that is a hoot and my oldest has two bulldogs. All of them are spoiled rotten and big ole babies!!!

He's a pit...And yes, he is a big baby too...he'd climb right up into my lap if I let him :lol

I finished a pair of Heather's slippers. I had a few problems, (as usual) Its not the pattern, it's me. I didn't realize that the medallion was attached to the ends of the rows on the side opposite of where the seam was, so I first did it in between the DC's of the short sides. It didn't work too well my way, and once I figured out the problem, it was smooth sailing. (Looking at the picture sooner would have helped a lot!) The only thing I changed from the pattern was to do a few DC decreases in the last row of the slipper to make the heel cup a little. I needed 8 DC rows to make a slipper for my size 8 foot, so my gauge was different from Heathers.

Any how, here they are. Yarn is Bernat Super Value in burgundy and dark straw. My DD just got home from work, and immediately told me how cute they were.

Thanks, Heather for a really great pattern.

post-6189-13589757208_thumb.jpg

Any how, here they are. Yarn is Bernat Super Value in burgundy and dark straw. My DD just got home from work, and immediately told me how cute they were.

WOW! Those are great! I'm going to spend my evening working on a pair. Just love the pattern and how they turned out! :clap

I finished a pair of Heather's slippers. I had a few problems, (as usual) Its not the pattern, it's me. I didn't realize that the medallion was attached to the ends of the rows on the side opposite of where the seam was, so I first did it in between the DC's of the short sides. It didn't work too well my way, and once I figured out the problem, it was smooth sailing. (Looking at the picture sooner would have helped a lot!) The only thing I changed from the pattern was to do a few DC decreases in the last row of the slipper to make the heel cup a little. I needed 8 DC rows to make a slipper for my size 8 foot, so my gauge was different from Heathers.

Wow Cindy! Those are gorgeous!!!!!! I'm starting mine tonight. These are the prettiest slippers/pattern I've seen so far. :hook

Well, darn, was moving right along on Heather's slippers and realized I'd left out a whole step and had to start over. :eek Good grief Charley Brown! :blush Pattern good, crocheter not so good :sigh

Archived