Slipper CAL

heart

Anyone want to make some slippers with me? They make great gifts and are fairly quick to crochet, good for instant gratification. :hook I'm going to make a bunch for gifts for Christmas and for my family for the winter as well. All kinds of slippers, felted, adult, kids and baby size. You name it. Also some to donate to different charities for the winter months as well.

I've already started some felted ones, just need to buy some more wool and also am making a few pairs of the Sweet Slipper too. What are some of your favorite Slipper Patterns out there? I have a Granny Square book from Womans Day from the 70's my grandma gave me when my first son was born, it has slippers made from Granny Squares sewed together. They are pretty neat looking.

So come on and grab a :mug and a :chook and some :yarn and lets get :hook!

Here is a link to Crochet Pattern Central's Slipper patterns page too.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a couple of things I MUST finish up and then I'm in too! I had planned on making slippers for family for Christmas and this works right into my plan. Most of the patterns I want to make are in magazines or books I have. I do have the granny square pattern too. Thinking of making up some of those!

Yay! Welcome aboard everybody! Great slipper links too! :D I'm working on some flowers to sew to the toes of a pair I felted. The flower from Attic24. Then I'll try to get a photo up this evening or tomorrow afternoon. :hook

Have you all seen the idea of putting puff paints onthe bottom in little designs, (like hearts or dots or lines) for traction? Like this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahsweethearts/4810019747/

Check out this recent Ville thread all about puff paint and other stuff to make them non-skid:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118488&highlight=slippers

I have this pattern in Adult and baby sized. I plan to make some of these. I have a great tweedy tan yarn and a yarn that reminds me of lambs wool/fleece in white.

Her snuggly uggs. Near bottom of page.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/crochetroo

Heather, I love Uggs but can't afford the real thing and the pattern looked sooo cute I just had to have it.

I've never seen the sugarncream pattern! Thanks! I have both foam and batting...hmmmm may have to try a pair of these.

Has anyone made these before? http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=4543&cps=21191

I'm wondering if the batting alone will make the slippers firm enough to walk around in?! I was thinking about using memory foam insoles instead - what do you think?

I would go with both the batting and the foam. The batting will add a bit more stability and the foam will add comfort. Together they should compliment each other for a great pair of slippers :think

Those slippers from the sugar and cream site are really pretty.

I have a pair of knit slippers in progress. Since I am the worlds slowest knitter, I could use some encouragement to finish them. My grandmother, who has been gone for more than 20 years, always made slippers like these for us every Christmas. The last pair she made me was the same color as the pattern picture. I want another pair for old times sake!

My favorite slipper pattern is no longer available on-line. It was called Ginger's Easy 25 minute slippers, and I could easily make one in 25 minutes. There are quite a few examples on Ravelry.

Those slippers from the sugar and cream site are really pretty.

I have a pair of knit slippers in progress. Since I am the worlds slowest knitter, I could use some encouragement to finish them. My grandmother, who has been gone for more than 20 years, always made slippers like these for us every Christmas. The last pair she made me was the same color as the pattern picture. I want another pair for old times sake!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheerOh, I like those! And the memory, you can do it :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I like the checkerboard ones too. Those are neat and I think adding foam and batting to some would make a nice slipper as well. Roo's patterns rock! :hook Here is the pair I had finished that just needed the flower. This is the 3rd pair of felted ones I've made this summer. One thing I learned about felting is the tighter you crochet tension/gauge, the less it will felt. Your stitches show through and the looser your gauge, the nicer finished felt. The first pair I did I put in the wash twice and they ended up so small they fit Anna. (she's 2 ;) It has been fun learning to felt.

Archived