Slipper CAL

heart

Here's the latest pair I "designed" based on ideas from slippers I've seen online...these are my favorite so far:

[ATTACH]26392[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26393[/ATTACH]

I love those! They are so sweet, you should write that up in a pattern. You could sell those, they are gorgeous!

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...I so envy you felters!

Lol, you're funny! I only just learned, the small pair for my daughter was originally for me...but they shrank way to much to wear. :lol Trial and error.

WOW! That's a lot of slippers and does show personality. :yay for being done and on to Christmas gifts!

Thank you! I'm so excited for Christmas even though it's months away. I just love cold weather so I can bundle everyone up in nice warm things :hook and crochet too.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love those! They are so sweet, you should write that up in a pattern. You could sell those, they are gorgeous!

Thanks...I don't think I could claim them as my own design though since I "borrowed" various design elements from different patterns that I've seen online...

Oohhh! They are all done. Mine and Anna's have been done for awhile, but hubby's and both my son's slippers are done. Now everyone is happy and will have warm toes this fall and I can actually settle in to crocheting Christmas slippers. I have 4 I want to make and felt for aunts and cousins, maybe felt my mom's too. I'll have to wait on that though, need to buy the wool first, and I'd like to get the Sylver adult pattern too for passing parties. We do a $5 limit party and/or a Bad Santa where we could do nice gifts or gag gifts. The gag gifts are always funny, but I like bringing something nice and useful too. Anyway, on to the pics! :D

[ATTACH]26375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26376[/ATTACH]

These are us, I can see each of our personalities in each pair. :manyheart

\

Wow, great looking slippers!

Ever wake up with an idea of something you just have to crochet? I did this morning. It's a slipper of course. :D It has an old feeling or kitsch~iness, similar to something we can all imagine our grandma's wearing at some point in history. I'm going to do a variation on the Sweet Slipper I designed last year for the Pink Slipper Project, but it's going to look completely different, with a different toe and stitch. :hook I haven't even had my coffee yet, lol. I must be nuts. :P After breakfast though because saturdays I try to always make a home cooked meal like my mom and grandma did. The kids get cereal throughout the week for school so it's nice to have a big breakfast on saturdays.

\

Wow, great looking slippers!

Thank you! :D

Well, my dream slipper is not turning out as planned. I was doing popcorn sts, and then going to add ties to close it. I thought it would have a vintage feel, and I think it will, but I need to do a tighter gauge and maybe use a smaller hook so I can get more rows of popcorns.

I would love to finish a pair of slippers I started about 6 months ago, but when I moved I misplaced the pattern. So I was wondering if anybody recognizes this pattern. I think the bobbles on top were not part of the pattern. I appreciate any help with this...my mom calls me the one slipper wonder because this is the third or fourth pair that I only have one slipper, so it would be nice to complete a pair of slippers :blush

post-40103-135897569959_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897569963_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897569966_thumb.jpg

Well, my dream slipper is not turning out as planned. I was doing popcorn sts, and then going to add ties to close it. I thought it would have a vintage feel, and I think it will, but I need to do a tighter gauge and maybe use a smaller hook so I can get more rows of popcorns.

Keep trying...it sounds pretty! I am thinking about making a pair from crochet cotton...maybe ;)

I would love to finish a pair of slippers I started about 6 months ago, but when I moved I misplaced the pattern. So I was wondering if anybody recognizes this pattern. I think the bobbles on top were not part of the pattern. I appreciate any help with this...my mom calls me the one slipper wonder because this is the third or fourth pair that I only have one slipper, so it would be nice to complete a pair of slippers :blush

I'm not sure, but it looks like a nice pattern due to the shaping of the sole and the top. It looks very well put together. Maybe you can count your sts row by row and write down what you did? That may help you to remember some of it. If I come across any that look similar to yours I'll post back. I've seen lots like that, but the shaped sole is a nice unique touch.

Here is what I have so far:

Woohoo! :woo Those are coming along nicely! I love the checkers and hte colors too!

Well, quite a few people have asked me for the pattern to my slippers, so I am going to try to write it up...they are simple enough to make, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to explain how to make them...

Yay! :hook You can always snap a pic of the actual crocheting part of the pattern you think needs more explaining and put that in the correct place int the pattern, or make a few pattern notes at the beginning, stating how the slipper is constructed.

I am finished with 1 slipper, but not the ties. It may still work, but in a completely different way. I promise to put up a photo some time tomorrow. My son was elected by his class to run for student body president. (5th grade) and we've been so busy writing a speech, preparing to make posters, all the things that go along with it, I haven't had much time to work on anything. :manyheart Also I broke down and bought a slipper pattern. :eek it couldn't be helped. I'll snap a photo of that progress tomorrow and post for you too. Happy crocheting! :yay

Cindy it looks really nice! Is it difficult to change colors? I've never attempted color changing in my knitting...

heart, I'm excited to see your slipper - Isn't it fun when things work out, even though it may not be the way you originally planned?!

Would you ladies mind if I use this CAL as my pattern writing place? I will probably need lots of help...I was thinking I could post the pattern in pieces with pics & instructions, and maybe you could post suggestions to make it better? You could be my testers (if you want) I plan on posting it as a free pattern once it's all written up, but I don't want it to be full of mistakes...

Archived