Slipper CAL

heart

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cindy, those turned out great! Do you have any suggestions for changes to the instructions that may help to make that part of the pattern more clear? Any and all advice is welcome!

Actually, I think the pattern is awesome, and well written. The pictures are very helpful.

I pretty much always do something wrong the first time I try a pattern. This time the words "between the first two DC of the toe section" (where you start attaching the medallion) threw me off. I attached the medallions in between the DC's of the actual rows, not between the dc's at the ends of the rows. It's a small thing, but it was enough to confuse me. Maybe just adding a line to the effect that you will be working into the ends of the rows opposite of the seam, rather than into the short side.

You'd think that any reasonable person would get a clue after things didn't work out quite as the pattern showed, but it took me both slippers and a lot of improvising, before I figured out where I was going wrong.

I made a couple pairs of slippers for my mom. These black ones I made from yarn in my stash.

post-15073-135897572119_thumb.jpg

The yarn that I used in this pair was a gift that was sent to me all the way from NE! I've never seen such beautiful cotton! I made these using dc instead of pdc, and I tried out a different medallion...

post-15073-135897572123_thumb.jpg

I posted my slipper pattern over in the free original patterns section...for some reason I couldn't get the pictures to post...only links to the pictures.

It's too bad the pictures wouldn't post. They are so helpful. Did you copy and paste from here? Maybe pictures won't copy.

( I'm wearing my new slippers!)

Yes, I copied and pasted from here...I guess that's why. I already deleted the original pics too, or I would just upload them again...oh well.

I copied the entire thing into a word document. Wonder if there is anyway for you to get the pictures from that?

Just for fun, I tried to copy here from the word document, and the pictures didn't copy.

(To copy pictures from a web-page into a document, I find that I have to right-click and "copy image" or I get the hyper-link only, and then it won't show up when I go back to that pattern days later.)

Now to find buttons, paint the goop on the bottom, and take pictures of my version of Heather's slippers. :D

I need to pick up some of that plasti dip. We need a knit and crochet ministry at our church too. That's a good idea. I don't really know of anyone else who does it though.

I still have to play with the "dip" :) maybe today.

We have a quite a few older members in our church, which I think is where the bulk of the knitters and crocheters are. :D But they came out of the woodwork when there was something to donate to. We keep a basket out year round, though it's busier in the colder months. The lady who started it all, takes care of the donations. Last year on a couple of our Wed night's (which is family night style, not "regular" services) we had a couple of sit-n-stitch's where people could come and learn or come and stitch, and those helped too. I didn't know of anyone else either really...though it didn;t surprise me much that several older ladies still knit :D after all, that was just something everyone learned back when they were younger. :D

I still have to play with the "dip" :) maybe today.

We have a quite a few older members in our church, which I think is where the bulk of the knitters and crocheters are. :D But they came out of the woodwork when there was something to donate to. We keep a basket out year round, though it's busier in the colder months. The lady who started it all, takes care of the donations. Last year on a couple of our Wed night's (which is family night style, not "regular" services) we had a couple of sit-n-stitch's where people could come and learn or come and stitch, and those helped too. I didn't know of anyone else either really...though it didn;t surprise me much that several older ladies still knit :D after all, that was just something everyone learned back when they were younger. :D

That's great! I may talk to a few ladies and see what happens. It sounds like a fun time too. Kind of like a Quilting Bee, but Knit and Crochet. :manyheart

I made a pair of Heather's slippers last night and just have to sew the bottons on them. When taking a preliminary photo earlier, I realized something...I put the strap on the same side! :D So I need to put it on the other side. Then my Kodak Easy Share program wouldn't upload pictures. That's the second time it has not worked properly. At least I still have my photos on the camera though. The first time, I lost all the photos.

The slippers are sooooo cute! I used lime and a dark purple yarn, makes me think grape it's so dark. Can't wait to fix the strap and sew on some buttons. :D

Ohhh! I also started a group on Ravelry called Toasty Slippers, if you're on there. :U I'm slipper add. :D I may have to start RAOK-ing slippers!

Hey Heather! :D I linked your pattern and hyperlinked the photo in the Toasty Slipper group on Ravelry. Thanks for letting me link to it! Here's the link so you can check it out if you want. I absolutely love this pattern, you did such a great job on it. I like how it's put together, you can make them assembly line style and make so many of one part, then the next, and it is so pretty.

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/toasty-slippers/1296994/1-25#6

Hey~please tell me more about the "dip"? Is this for the entire bottoms of slippers? I WANT IT!!!!!!! (((((HUGS))))) and TIA! ~sandi

Here's what it looks like, there are 2 different kinds with different uses and here is the link to the thread with more info on them. I want to find the Regia and see how that works. http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

http://www.herrschners.com/Product/Regia+ABS+Latex+for+SlipFree+Socks.aspx

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118488&highlight=slippers

Hey Heather! :D I linked your pattern and hyperlinked the photo in the Toasty Slipper group on Ravelry. Thanks for letting me link to it! Here's the link so you can check it out if you want. I absolutely love this pattern, you did such a great job on it. I like how it's put together, you can make them assembly line style and make so many of one part, then the next, and it is so pretty.

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/toasty-slippers/1296994/1-25#6

I'm glad you are enjoying it...

Heather, I have it in PDF and Word document if you'd like to have them and post on Ravelry as free download? With photos intact.

I haven't figured out how to post something on Ravelry as a download. Is it hard?

edited to add:

I figured it out. Its really easy, (or I wouldn't have been able to figure it out!

Archived